Saving the world. How utterly over-rated.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to save the world? What's the point? Someone will just want to destroy it once again. And then you'll have to save it again and again. Over and over again until the monotony makes you just want to die. There's always someone who wants to destroy things, and they always seem to be ahead of you. You're walking a thin line, and even if you do manage to win, you'll be doing it again soon.

Maybe that's why aurors are so cranky.

There's so much corruption and horror in the world already, is it really worth saving? Mass murders, torturing others for no reason other than your ability to torture, children taken away from parents, death, sickness, destruction... It's so hard to be happy when there's so much evil.

Maybe Voldemort and his ilk have the right idea.

Destroying the world would be beneficial. There would be no more corruption, no more atrocities against humankind, no more sin and wickedness-- there would be nothing. No more heartbreak, no more sadness, no more longing for the unattainable..

Damn her, anyway. Damn the unattainable.

Without her, life isn't worth living, life isn't worth having. We could have had everything together, we could have worked it out.. but she wouldn't, and that's her fault. Her red-haired, freckled fault. It would be a mercy to end this for everyone else. Nothing will matter to anyone after this.

~

He slipped on his white mask, fitted his black hood around his face, and walked out of his room to join the Death Eaters at his father's side.
The End.
noludoru is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Saving the World also liked 71 other stories.
Leave a Review