From the darkness of the night, a shadow emerged. It crept slowly up to the sleeping form lying entwined in roots, and twigs, with dirt on her face. She was bleeding, and her clothes were torn. The shadow’s eyes were drawn to the body’s long, blazing red hair. It brought back memories long forgotten in him that he had thought were never to be awoken again. He knelt down beside the woman and touched her face lightly with the tips of his fingers. She stirred, but did not wake. She was close to dying, and he knew that he should not interfere, but he picked her up in his arms and brought her back to his home anyway. He was not a kind person; he did not just go around saving people from death. But he felt something when he saw her deep within the woods lying slightly of the path. Like she was someone he should know. Someone he used to know.

He saw her sleeping beneath the trees
She was breathing heavily
He knew she was running
He knew she was scared
But he kept her there with him
 
It was forbidden
It was unheard of
She was not like him
Was not to be dreamed about
But he would never leave her
Never…

He set her upon his bed and gazed at her face. Her eyes were closed, but he knew what colour they would be. He could remember it, though he did not know why. It was soft amber brown with specks of yellow. He could recall it as if he had gazed at them for hours, intently. She had a small button nose that curved slightly at the end. Her lips were full and pink; his eyes lingered there the longest. She had a small, fragile body, but was filled in all the right places. There was a faint spread of freckles all over her exposed face and arms. He wondered where else he would find them.

He caressed her cheek in his hands
She cried for their forbidden love
He told her how they could be killed if he did not leave
So she let him go
He made promises to find her
She believed him.

She waited months, years for him
She finally came to the realisation that he was not coming for her
Her heart was breaking
She cried until she could not breathe
She knew she had to find him
Though she did not know how hard it would be,
Or if he would even remember her

Days passed, and she still slept. He was starting to wonder when she would wake, and he was worrying. As he was getting ready for another night, he heard a small whisper from the doorway, and he froze.
 
“Draco?”

He looked at her and she looked at him, and suddenly he remembered. Their love was too strong for any memory charm to have an everlasting effect on him. He could recall his father chasing after him for miles until he had cornered him in an alley. He thought that he knew what was best for Draco, but he did not. Ginny and her love were what was best for him. His father, thinking he could make him forget her, had put a memory charm on him. Realising it was weak and it could break, he sent his son away so he would not remember. But Ginny waited, miles away, not knowing that he would not return for her until years later. She set out to find him, refusing to give up faith. Her faith did indeed lead her back to him.

“Ginny!”

He gathered her in his arms and kissed her passionately. They could have stayed that way forever, forever entwined in each others’ arms, so that you could not tell where one ends and the other begins.

And so here is where I will cut this story short. Lucius, Draco’s father, ends up not succeeding in his evil plot to keep them apart. Draco and Ginny’s love overcomes all odds to lead them back to one another. Everyone loves a happy ending, after all.

***
The End.
bridgetmalfoy is the author of 1 other stories.

Leave a Review