Title: The Sadness of Fall
Team: MTrans
Word Count: 100, including the quote
Characters/Pairings: Draco/Ginny (sort of)
Challenge: #35: Colors
Author’s Note: Quote from the song “Windmills of Your Mind”.

Draco turned and made another circuit of the groves of Malfoy Manor.

These walks usually calmed him, lifted his spirits, but today every step made him more melancholy.

Perhaps, deep down, he knew the cause, even before the moment he caught a flash of color out of the corner of his eye and turned, filled with sudden hope.

“Ginny?”

But it was only a leaf, lazily falling to the ground.

He cursed softly and turned towards home.

“When you knew that it was over, Were you suddenly aware
That the autumn leaves were turning to the color of her hair…”


END.


Title: Golden Sands
Team: MTrans
Word Count: 100
Characters/Pairings: Draco/Ginny (sort of)
Challenge: #35: Colors

It was a silly sort of thing for him to hang onto, a bespelled hourglass, but he found himself carefully packing it each time he was forced to move, carefully charming it against breakage.

It gave him peace to watch the sand’s endless flow from the top bell to bottom, to know she still lived.

Knowing that, he could face running from the Death Eaters, against whom he’d spied, and Potter’s little minions, who refused to believe his conversion to the side of light.

Yes, as long as she lived, there was still hope, still a reason to keep running.

END.

~End Series~
The End.
Vesica is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked A Dab of Draco/Ginny... also liked 508 other stories.
Leave a Review