Title: The Encounter (A Tangled Web Drabble for heyurs)
Name: rainpuddle13
Rating: PG-15 for language
Characters/Ships: Draco/Ginny
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.
Notes: For my darling, Urs. She's had a rough day what with Dumbledore definitely being dead then the post office screwing her over. *huggles*

Summary: Draco and Ginny and a darkened alcove.

The Encounter

Ginny had to bite her lip to keep from squealing when strong pair of arms wrapped around her middle from behind, pulling her in a secluded alcove on the second floor near the Transfiguration classroom. She shuddered slightly as lips feasted upon a particularly sensitive spot where her neck and shoulder met.

“Draco,” she said breathlessly, relaxing back against him his long, firm body. She had quickly learned that the first rule of sneaking around was making sure of which boy she was with before she uttered a name.

“Are you sure?” he growled in her ear before taking a gentle nip.

“Yes,” she gasped, “Seamus doesn’t know about that spot on my neck.”

“Mmm,” Draco practically purred as he pressed his mouth against the spot again, sending pleasurable ripples coursing through her body. His hands found their way to her hips as she pressed against him. “All mine.”

This is wrong, her mind screamed while her body continued to respond in most pleasant ways under Draco’s continued attention. So wrong, but it just feels so wicked and wonderful!

Ginny turned in his arms, and was immediately caught up in a searing kiss. She found herself pushing him back against the wall as the intense desire to devour him overwhelmed her.

Oh, she’d tried to tell herself that pursuing Draco Malfoy was a very bad idea, but she could never seem to help herself when she was around him. There was just something so deliciously naughty about snogging him in dark corners that kept her coming back for more, and more, and more. It definitely lent some excitement to her otherwise boring life of schoolwork and Quidditch practice. She found it incredibly easy to put Seamus firmly out of mind anytime Draco was in the vicinity.

His hands cupped her arse as her arms went around his neck. She pulled him down, deepening their kiss, her tongue begging for entrance. He acquiesced immediately, groaning deep in his throat as he gave in.

“I think I like this side of you,” he said huskily after she’d finally pulled away, gasping for breath. She didn’t need to look up at him to know he was smirking.

“I- I-” she stuttered, managing to clamp her mouth shut before the ‘love you’ part came slipping out. That wasn’t the type of thing a boy with Draco’s reputation wanted to hear from his latest conquest. And that was when it hit her like a ton of bricks. She was a conquest, and nothing more. She was foolish to pretend, and worse yet to dared to believe, that all the secret meetings and frantic snogging in dark corners would lead to anything more than a broken heart when he tired of her.

“Gin?” he asked softly, cupping her chin with his hand and running his thumb over her lips before tipping her head back gently. Her stomach turned flips at the darkened gray eyes staring intently down at her. “Are you all right?”

“Yes. I mean no,” she said in a rush as she pushed away with him. “I- I- We can’t do this anymore.”

If he’d said anything, she didn’t hear him in her rush get away. Ginny had only made it as far as the classroom door before Draco caught up with her, grabbing her wrist and pulling her to him. He took advantage of her surprise to kiss her thoroughly.

“I say when this is over,” he said forcefully the moment his lips left hers.

Ginny struggled to catch her breath. “We can’t! Seamus! Pansy!”

“Fuck Finnigan! He can rot in hell before I allow him to have you,” he hissed.

“Pansy?” she baited, her anger starting to boil.

“She doesn’t care,” Draco stated just before trying to steal another kiss.

Ginny turned her head, refusing to allow him the satisfaction. “Well, I do! I refuse to be second to anyone!”

“Believe me, you’ll never be seconds,” he said, his tone softening considerably as he tried to pull into his arms.

“No,” Ginny muttered as fat, glistening tears began to spill down her cheeks. “This will never work!”

“Why not?” he urged, tenderly wiping away her tears.

“Because,” she hiccupped as all her fears, pain and heartache bubbled to the surface, “it just won’t!”

“Gin Gin,” he said softly, “don’t cry.”

“Don’t call me that!” She pulled away from him, hating him at that very moment for knowing just how to break through any wall she tried to create to keep him out. She had to be strong this time. She had to be!

“I hate to see such a beautiful witch cry.” He reached for her hand, trying to entwine his fingers with hers.

“Just stop! Leave me alone!” she shouted, turning and taking off down the corridor before she lost her resolve. She was determined to be strong. No matter how much it killed her.

“Never, Ginny,” he called after her, sounding like the smug bastard she knew he was. “You will be mine. Mark my words!”
To Be Continued.
Rainpuddle is the author of 23 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Tangled Web: The Cookies also liked 386 other stories.
Leave a Review