Chapter 16- Snow Day

-

Luna hummed softly as she stirred the cauldron spewing thick black smoke. Catching the eye of the girl watching her, she said, "You've seen students do this before, haven't you?"

The pig-tailed ghost named Moaning Myrtle said, "Well, I would never tell someone else's secrets, but I will say that it's all due to me that a certain chamber was found and the entire Wizarding world saved from dire peril."

"I feel honoured to be in your presence," murmured Luna.

The dry tone was ignored. "I wish more students felt that way. Malfoy, for example, always ignores me whenever I take a peek. If he didn't have the tightest...ahem." The apparition blushed, faded back to grey and then went pink again as she said, "You know what I mean. Nervous Nellie and I watched that water fight you had with those Ravenclaw boys." With an envious moan, Myrtle floated through a wall and vanished.

How sad to be a hormone-driven teenager for eternity, Luna thought. Especially when all ghosts like Myrtle and Nellie could do was watch students enjoy theirs year after frustrating year.

Luna did wish the tittering spirit hadn't brought up the water fight. She felt vaguely adulterous for even noticing Wesley's ahem. After all, she wanted Harry, didn’t she?

She nodded her head vigorously, causing radish earrings to swing back and forth. Of course she did! Roberts just had an extremely appealing face with gorgeous blue eyes, the most adorable dimples, and a charming smile. Noticing meant nothing. If Blaise could be mates with Draco, she could be friends with Wesley. Couldn't she? Of course she could. One could never have too many friends or flobberworms.

Happy her little mental world was now in proper order...Harry, love of life, Wesley, friend...Luna stirred the potion for the final time. She extinguished the magical fire with a wave of her wand, remembering a scene from Macbeth. Amusing herself, she hunched over the cauldron like a crone and began reciting in a 'witchy' voice, “The weird sisters, hand in hand, posters of the sea and land, thus do go about, about; thrice to thine and thrice to mine, and thrice again, to make up nine. Peace! The charm's wound up.”

She cackled softly and then decided to count the number of cobwebs in the room to pass the time until her friends showed up.

"Is the potion almost ready?"

Ginny's eager voice interrupted Luna's train of thought. Had she counted thirty three or thirty four cobwebs? She tried not to let her annoyance show as she replied, "All it needs is to be put into a flagon with the special ingredient. Did you get it?"

Ginny handed over a fine blond hair. Watching Luna fill a flagon, add the hair, and then another bit of something, she asked, "What's that you added?"

"Charmed chameleon skin is what makes this potion Polyjuice Maximus. The effect lasts four hours."

"Four hours?" exclaimed Blaise, striding into the lavatory. "I have to hang out with Colin Creevey for all that time? What will we do?"

Luna took the strand of hair Blaise offered. “At least Colin will look like Draco when you're hanging out, so no one will think you're dating him."

Blaise said, "Terry's not threatened by Creevey."

Nudging Luna, Ginny said, "Colin told me he used to have a crush on you, Blaise. Now we're giving him a gorgeous body. Maybe Terry should cancel the Quidditch strategy session to protect your virtue."

All three girls laughed at the thought of Colin making a move.

Blaise pointed to the extra flagons being filled. "What are you going to do with those?"

"Save them. I inherited a stasis box from Mum that will keep the potion viable indefinitely. We started this thinking you and Ginny would trade places, so these extra potions are bound to come in handy sooner or later,” said Luna.

Two sets of brown eyes gazed at her admiringly. Luna placed the flagons into her mother's box, thinking how much nicer it was to be admired than pitied. She smiled, handing a wide-mouthed container to each girl. Both flagons contained mud-thick liquids that would transform the drinker’s appearance.

"When should the boys drink this?" Ginny was looking dubiously at the potion, wrinkling her nose at the smell of over-cooked cabbage.

Luna checked her timepiece. It was her favourite this week. A tiny cuckoo bird sprang out on the hour and tweeted. She thought it was darling, but her roommates were always hiding it under pillows and blankets for some odd reason.

"It is seven thirty now,” Luna said, “so if the boys drink it at eight in the lavatory near the Great Hall, Draco and Ginny will have from breakfast until lunch to be together." She saw the look on Blaise's face and added, "The weather changed again last night. It snowed more than half a metre. There're all sorts of fun things you and Colin can do outside in the snow."

"Make snow men, snow angels," said Ginny.

Blaise nodded with a smile that grew as she teased, "Don't go kissing Colin whilst making snow angels, Red, or you'll be the next 'most scandalous' couple the school talks about!"

Ginny shot back, "Unlike you and Tarzan, Jane, some people want to spend time getting to know their boyfriend...and I don't mean physically!"

"Don't act like you know nothing about animal attraction, dragon-lover. Confess. Draco looking like Colin is the only thing that's going to save him from a roll in the snow.”

"What do you mean, save him?" Ginny said, placing a hand on her hip.

A couple of ghosts poked their heads through the wall nearby.

"Look Nellie, I told you my loo was where all the good stuff happened. Are you girls going to fight? How exciting!"

Moaning Myrtle and a Regency era ghost with bobbed curls and a habit of biting her nails floated into the room and drifted up to the ceiling, watching avidly. The three girls below giggled. Ginny rolled her eyes and said, “No, Myrtle. We were joking, not fighting."

Luna reminded her friends of the passing time. She smiled, amused, when they hugged her, but not each other, before each rushed off to their own House.

In the Ravenclaw common room, she paused at the bottom of the girls' staircase when Wesley approached. He smiled persuasively. "Hello, Luna, my best mate is crazy enough to stay inside this morning. Since I'm all on my lonesome, I was wondering, would you like to go tobogganing with me after breakfast?"

Luna began twisting a strand of hair around her finger. He wasn’t asking her on a date. Wesley was at a loose end and only wanted to toboggan with her.

She smiled. "All right." The 'Indies' hadn't made any firm plans, so she was free to do anything she liked. Who knew, maybe Harry would see her with Wesley and think he was more than a friend. Suddenly, the cold Saturday sunlight seemed warmer and brighter. Waggling her fingers in farewell, Luna drifted upstairs to change.

-


-

"I still can't believe I'm going to voluntarily become Colin bloody Creevey!" Draco muttered.

Blaise had the nerve to laugh as she handed over a flagon full of some sour-smelling gook and nodded toward the nearby boys' lavatory. "Four hours with Ginny. Keep saying that to yourself whenever you feel like jinxing someone. You know you've been dying to spend more than an hour or two together, so stop stalling and go get Creevey-fied!"

Draco couldn't help smirking at his friend. He only had to look like the little Potter-groupie. She had to endure the runt tagging after her all morning. He'd feel bad for Blaise if he didn't feel so good for himself. A sudden thought made him grin. "Remember, he's only borrowing my body. So no matter how incredibly sexy he looks while he appears to be me, he's still Creevey on the inside."

"And the reason you're blathering is?"

"I remember how he stalked you third year. Could be, he's been waiting for his chance, so keep your guard up, mate."

Blaise curled her lip. "Ha, ha, very funny. Not. Why don't you get in there and get geeky, and if I see you outside...well, there's going to be a snowball with your Creevey-looking name on it."

Still laughing, Draco walked into the lavatory and came face to face with himself. It was damned odd, and he was even better looking than he'd thought. "Get out of my way before someone sees two of me, Creevey."

"Don't call me that. I'm you for the next four hours, so don't slip and call me anything but Malfoy, Creevey."

Draco laughed shortly. "Got a god complex along with the body, eh? Well, enjoy it while you can, but keep your hands off Blaise. I've seen you looking, you little pervert." His double sneered. Bloody hell, it was creepy how much the blighter looked and sounded like him.

After Creevey strolled out the door, Draco went into the third stall and found the polyjuice. The concoction smelled so foul; he had to hold his nose to drink it down.

Draco groaned and clutched his stomach. The gut-wrenching, skin-melting feeling was one he never wanted to experience again. Dancing like a snake was one thing, but having snakes writhe about in his innards was quite another.

Instantly, he felt himself become smaller, his clothes bagging like a boy dressing up in his father's things. Reaching for the bundle of clothes Creevey had left on the floor, the Slytherin in Gryffindor body grimaced at the sight of cold weather clothing that all but had an M for Muggle-made on them.

Once he was dressed, the new 'Colin' gaped at his reflection in the mirror. He wasn't a love god anymore. He was a ruddy cupid! How the mighty had fallen.

The look of disgust on his face made the girl waiting outside laugh. "Now Colin, it’s not that bad. That blue jumper matches your eyes. Really, you look..."

"If you say 'cute', I'm going to throw up."

She pressed her lips together before saying, "I wasn't going to say that. The reindeer on the front didn't make me think cute, it made me think adorable."

Sneering with Creevey lips was hard to do, but Draco managed. Ginny was really having a laugh over this whole fiasco. Reluctantly seeing the humour, he smiled and followed his girl into the Great Hall.

Ginny halted his instinctive move toward the Slytherin table by calling, "Where are you going Colin? Our table is this way.”

Damn. He'd been about to go sit with Blaise. Wouldn't that have caused a riot? With a sigh that caused his girlfriend to giggle again, he stalked over to the Gryffindor table and waited for lightning to strike. When he remained breathing, Draco slid onto the bench by Ginny and glanced around curiously. The Gryffindors were a chatty bunch.

Potter looked his way and frowned. "Are you all right, Colin? You look like you're in a bad mood today."

Double damn. Now he had to be polite to Potty. Trying to make himself sound as 'nice' and Creevey as possible, Draco replied, "Headache. I’ll be fine once I get outside. I can’t wait to play with Ginny in the snow."

His girlfriend choked on a piece of melon. Pounding her on the back with one of his girly-looking hands, Draco murmured, "I'm so looking forward to being with you, mate."

She had a very pretty blush. Thinking naughty thoughts, was she? Well, he wasn't doing anything naughty until he had his body back. The last thing Draco wanted to do was give Ginny ideas about creepy Creevey.

"That Malfoy's up to his old tricks with Zabini again. Boot looks ready to jinx his arse," Weasley said in a gloating tone.

Draco looked over at the Slytherin table. He saw Blaise trying to scoot away from the boy whispering something in her ear. Crabbe's girth kept her from moving too far. ‘Malfoy’ ran a finger down Blaise's cheek as she gave him a glare.

The pretend Slytherin smiled, making Draco wonder if he really looked that wicked. He shot a glance at Ginny. Her amused nod told him that he did. He grinned. No wonder she couldn't resist him.

A loud exclamation drew attention in the hall. “Ouch! Damn it, who gave me a Stinging Hex!" ‘Malfoy’ demanded angrily.

Laughter erupted, increasing when Boot stalked over with a menacing expression and pulled his woman away, looking like the King of the Jungle. Blaise smilingly went along with her grunting savage.

Draco’s lips twisted. "Tarzan's dragging Jane off into the bushes to prove she's his woman, I expect.”

The Gryffindors around him chuckled at ‘Creevey’s’ snide remark. Ron Weasley snickered. “Good one, Colin.”

Now Draco choked. The grinning redhead pounded him on the back, making his skin crawl. The boy's sister was giggling like crazy, which was exactly what they both were—certifiable for pulling this stunt. Hunching his temporarily skinny shoulders, Draco said, "Thanks...uh...Ron. I'm okay, really."

"No problem. Don't know what Boot sees in Zabini, other than the obvious."

Draco snapped, "What do you mean, obvious?"

The Weasel's forehead was creased in a frown. He probably wasn't used to 'Colin' sounding so dangerous, but he’d better get used to it. For the next few hours, 'Creevey' wasn't taking shite from anyone.

Ron said defensively, "I know you used to have a thing for her, but you have to admit, the way Zabini slithers around Malfoy and Boot and Merlin knows who else, she's obviously no better than she should be!"

Gryffindors stared in shock as ‘Colin’ lunged to his feet and grabbed Ron by his ratty maroon jumper. Draco demanded harshly, "Take that back before I ram your teeth down your throat!"

"Colin! Colin, let him go.” Ginny put her hand on Draco’s arm, calming him with her touch as she said, “Ronald's one of those repressed types who thinks a girl is either an untouchable angel or a whore.”

“Ginny,” Ron began.

She overrode him. “No better than she should be...where did you get that phrase from, brother dear? Mum? How pathetic. Why don't you get a life and stop judging people? Or do you want to be like Percy?” Ginny tugged on Draco’s arm. “C'mon, Colin, let's get out of here."

Draco forced his slender Creevey fingers to release their grip on the arsehole's jumper. He and Ginny moved to leave.

Ron followed. "Ginny, Colin, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I don't know why I did. The last thing I want to be is like Percy.”

Draco inwardly scowled. Aw, shite, was he expected to shake Weasel's hand and say, 'That's okay, mate?' Roger that. His gaze fell on Ginny. She was giving him the look that made him do things he didn't want to do.

Closing his eyes, Draco took a deep breath and released it. When he opened his eyes, he made a heroic effort to be Creevey and didn't show his inward grimace while he shook Ron's hand. "Okay...mate...just don't talk about people when you don't know them, all right?"

"Agreed. Ginny?"

Red gave her brother a punch in the arm, the feisty wench.

"I forgive you...this time." Smiles were shared. His was forced, but the Gryffindors were too simple to know the difference, except Granger, who looked at him strangely and said, "You don't still like Zabini, do you, Colin?"

Trust nosy Granger to ask a question that got everyone's attention. Even Ginny was raising her brow in that Slytherin way Draco liked so well. His Creevey facade cracked. "None of your business, Granger. If I were you, I'd be asking Weasley why he's so interested in girls he thinks are no better than they should be."

Smiling in satisfaction, Draco slung an arm around Ginny’s shoulders as they left. Behind them, he could hear Hermione ask, "Well, Ronald?"

Outside, Draco told Ginny, “I’ve got three hours and twenty seven minutes to be with you. I don’t want to waste a minute.” Determined to make the best of being Creevey, he grabbed a toboggan from the many lined up by the front steps and pulled his girl by the hand to go play in the snow.

-


-

Ginny was having a hard time keeping her hands off her friend. Only the knowledge that Draco would be jealous if she kissed him while he looked like Colin kept her from acting on her feelings.

She smiled to herself. Blaise had been spot on about that being the only thing keeping Draco safe from a roll in the snow.

"Ready?" Draco asked.

She nodded and sat behind the slender boy as they prepared to toboggan down the hill. Clasping her arms around his narrow chest, Ginny couldn't help giving her boyfriend a quick hug. How anyone could look at his face and not see Draco’s spirit shining through Colin's baby-blue eyes? It was so obvious to her.

In the Great Hall, when Draco took up for his friend even though Ron could mop the floor with him in his present condition, she had sighed in admiration for her quixotic Black Knight. Sliding down the hill, Ginny wondered for a moment if Ron really did have some strange good girl/bad girl hang-up. Was that what was keeping him from getting closer to Hermione?

The sound of ‘Colin’s’ laughter made Ginny shake off thoughts about her brother's love life or lack of one. Smiling to hear Draco so carefree, she hugged her partner tightly as the toboggan gained speed down the long hill.

After climbing to the top again, she saw that Gryffindor House seemed to have staked a claim on their hill. Harry, Neville, Ron, and Hermione were about to descend the slope when 'Colin' shouted, "Ginny and I are King and Queen of this mountain, and we challenge you to a race to prove it!"

Faces alight with eagerness to compete, the five Gryffindors...and one Slytherin in Gryffindor body...mounted their toboggans. Marvelling how intense Colin's face looked when Draco's personality was the one inhabiting it, Ginny sighed and held on tight.

The three toboggans were neck and neck until halfway down the hill, when Draco and Ginny began to pull ahead. They were so attuned, their bodies naturally leaned and moved together to get the maximum downhill glide. At the bottom, the couple did a victory dance that had the other Gryffindors staring in amazement.

Ron asked, "Where did you learn to move like that, Colin?"

Ginny mouthed an answer to Draco that made him laugh. "I'm Muggle-born, mate. I've seen Music telly- vision."

'Colin' threw himself into snow play with a boyish enthusiasm that tugged at Ginny's heartstrings. Even looking like a Christmas Angel, his Slytherin nature shone through. The snow fort they constructed with the other four friends to defend against another bunch of Gryffindors in an upcoming snow battle was the best constructed and most decorative she had ever seen.

"Did we really need to make it a castle?" asked Harry.

The raised eyebrow should have clued Harry in that 'Colin' wasn't quite who he thought, but it didn’t. People really did see what they expected to see, Ginny thought. Amused, she listened to the boys plan battle strategy.

"Thomas is a good shot, Harry, so stay away from their right side," said Ron.

"Yeah, but Finnegan isn't, so hit him hard in the first few minutes and victory will soon be ours."

"Ginny and I will make a surprise attack from behind," ‘Colin’ said.

Ron and Harry both looked astounded at this un-Gryffindor approach. Matching nods and smiles lit their faces.

"That's bloody brilliant, Creevey!” cried Ron.

Harry grinned. "If you were like this every Snow Day, we'd never lose.”

'Colin's' lips were twitching madly. Ginny dragged Draco away before he laughed and ruined everything. Together, they pulled a blanket loaded with snowballs through the trees toward the unguarded back of the opposing snow fort.

While they were waiting for the signal to attack, Ginny saw two figures snowshoeing through the woods. When the pair came closer, she saw it was Blaise and Colin. The two were talking quietly and laughing at some joke.

Draco crouched down low and made his way toward them with Ginny following. As they neared, he demanded, "Where are you two going?"

Grey and brown eyes widened in surprise before Blaise smiled and gestured with the skates in her hand. "We're going to the small pond on the other side of that stand of trees. The lake's not quite frozen yet."

The tall boy with her narrowed his eyes. "Who are you to question a Slytherin, you grotty little Gryffindor? Go back to making snowballs and leave your betters alone."

Ginny covered her mouth to stifle laughter. Colin had Draco's drawl down pat. It was hilarious to everyone except the Slytherin currently looking like a Gryffindor.

"Fine. After we win the battle, we'll drop by. I don't trust a snake like you, Malfoy."

Ginny again stifled laughter. It was so weird to watch Colin as Draco walking with Blaise while Draco as Colin looked at her with an expression that was so Slytherin it was unnerving. He said blandly, "Thought my impostor was funny, did you?"

The snow in his slender hands killed any urge to laugh. "No, of course not. Erm…what are you planning on doing with that?"

"What do you think I'm planning to do?"

The November wind was cold, but his silky tone made Ginny’s cheeks feel hot. "Make a snowball and use it to attack the fort.” She looked over his shoulder. “Ron, Neville, and Harry are making their move. Hermione's signalling us. We've got to go!"

"Not before I do this."

Cool lips kissed hers gently. When Draco tried to pull back, Ginny leaned into his body, his kiss, refusing to let him go. She'd been so good, but he'd started this, and she wasn't unlocking her lips before she had what she wanted. Murmuring, "Draco", she used her grip in his hair to keep his mouth fused to hers.

So his hair felt different and his lips felt different…so what? He was Draco on the inside. That's what made her kiss him over and over. Long, deep kisses that made her want more. 'Colin's' smaller build made it easier for her to grab his arse and move aggressively against him.

He groaned and swirled his tongue against hers before stepping away from the embrace that was so hot, she was surprised the snow around them hadn't melted. She smirked briefly at the sight of baby-blue eyes giving her a dragon's fiery stare.

Draco took the snow still in his hand and rubbed it against her lips. "Can't have my girl going around with another boy's kiss on her mouth, even if the other boy is really me…"

A wide smile stretched her cheeks as he tugged her hand. They raced back to attack the 'enemy' fort from behind and win the snow battle. No one thought anything of them laughing when everyone did a victory dance together.

-


-

Snow began falling while Blaise and Colin made their way to the small pond he’d declared perfect for skating. The girl smiled as she watched the flakes float down and glitter against the evergreens.

"You really like snow, don't you?"

Blaise said, "How could you tell, Colin? The way I demanded we make an entire snow family complete with dog, the twenty trips down the toboggan hill we took, or the fact that I'm now forcing you to snowshoe through the woods to take me skating...all within two and a half hours?"

Seeing Colin's bashful smile on Draco's face was disorienting, to say the least. Except for that short time at breakfast, Creevey had behaved himself. In fact, he was extremely funny and nice when he wasn’t trying to put on a Slytherin act.

It was strange to see and hear Colin through the voice and expressions of Draco, though. Especially when he gave one of those looks every now and then. The kind she’d been warned about. The look that told her Colin thought she was funny and nice, too...and really sexy.

Draco's silvery eyes giving her the sort of look that got her into trouble at that blasted party was hard to ignore, but she did it. Blaise refused to acknowledge any feeling other than friendship.

"Isn't this place beautiful?" said Colin.

That heartfelt comment was one of the nicest things about Creevey. He expressed his feelings so readily. Gazing around the small clearing in the trees, where snowflakes scattered in the slight wind blowing across the pond, Blaise smiled in agreement.

Together, they sat on a small bench and switched their snowshoes for skates. At first, the pair skated separately. Blaise did several spins and Colin seemed to like skating for speed, although he did a spin and a lunge also- to 'show he could.'

After watching her leg lift above her hip in an arabesque-looking spiral, Colin asked, "Have you skated with Malfoy before? I feel like I'd know how to skate with you without having to think about it."

"Yes, our families have holidayed together since first year,” she said. “Why? Are you asking to skate with me?"

A blush on 'Draco’s' aristocratic cheekbones was an incredible sight. A Crumpled-Horned Snorkack charging through the bushes would be less extraordinary. He nodded shyly. A boy who appeared to be an aristocratic Malfoy, shy...

Adjusting her fuzzy red cap and pulling her cropped red jacket down for proper skin coverage, Blaise skated over to the youth who looked exactly like her best friend. They started in a classic waltz position. The snow, the skating, and the company combined to make the girl smile and sing, Winter Wonderland.

Colin sang with her.

By the end of the song, they were skating together with Blaise's back against the taller boy's chest. Spinning slowly around to face him, she said warmly, “For a Gryffindor, you're a decent bloke, Colin."

"Friends?"

"Yeah."

"You'll say 'hi' to me in the corridors?"

"Yes, and I won't push you into any walls either," she said with a smirk.

"You never did that."

"I know, but I might start if you keep bugging me, fifth year."

Malfoy's impostor looked down and dug into the ice with his toe-pick.

"What is it?" asked Blaise.

Colin looked up with a hesitant smile. "I hate to ask, but will you help me with something? I learned about a Native American culture...the Inuits...for extra credit in Muggle Studies. I was wondering if I could practice one of their rituals with you."

"What kind of ritual?" Blaise asked warily.

Draco's double moved closer and looked down with an earnest, open expression she'd never seen on the real Slytherin's face. "The Inuit Friendship Ritual,” he said. “I could show you."

Suspicious, she looked into innocent-looking eyes. "And you promise it's a friend thing. You won't try to kiss me?"

Colin shook his head earnestly. "The only thing that we'll touch will be noses. Trust me."

Blaise reluctantly nodded. It was hard to say no to a friend who wanted help. She almost wished she had, however, when strong hands steadied by holding her shoulders and 'Draco’s’ face neared hers.

A breath apart, Colin kept his promise and only touched her nose with his. Her giggles filled the air as he rubbed the tip of their noses together. Blaise had always liked Draco's nose, which was a perfect, classic length. The feel of it softly sliding against hers in so many gentle ways was...different...but nice.

She decided to participate actively, so Colin would have a well-rounded experience of the ritual. Blaise pressed her nose against his in a firm gliding motion. The boy's hands tightened his grip.

Taking the muffled noise he made as one of approval, she did it again. After time passed and silver eyes became dreamy, though, Blaise began to have doubts about this Native ritual. It seemed a little more than friendly. In fact, her stomach was uncomfortably fluttery, and her cheeks were beginning to heat.

She had just realized that part of that fluttery feeling came from long fingers having slipped under her jacket and top to caress her abdomen when she heard, "What the bloody hell are you two doing? Get my...your...hands and nose off her, Creevey! What were you thinking, Zabini, you idiot?"

Blaise looked uncertainly at the scowling boy. "He asked me to do an Inuit Friendship Ritual because we're friends."

Ginny started laughing hysterically. Colin grinned as he confessed, "Well, I sort of left out that Inuits don't kiss with their lips. Also, I kind of made up that 'Friendship Ritual' name. I didn't think you'd do it if I told you what it's really called."

Draco was sneering at her gullibility. "What are you, Blaise, a Slytherin or a Hufflepuff? I can't believe you fell for that!” He demanded from Colin, “What's that nose-rubbing thing called anyway?"

The guilty look on Colin's face made Blaise’s stomach clench.

Ginny paused in her laughter long enough to cry, "ESKIMO KISSING!"

Blaise punched Colin in the stomach. "Oh no, oh hell no...I did not just get played by a baby-faced Gryffindor!" She skated over to the bench and yanked off her skates, muttering imprecations.

Putting on her snowshoes, she glared at the three who were having a laugh out of her being the biggest sucker in Slytherin house. Blaise narrowed her eyes and gritted, "I never want to hear about that...that Eskimo...again, do you hear me? To your graves, people, you will take this to your graves."

Even Draco snickered at her on the way back to the castle. Creevey, who'd been playing Malfoy for so long he'd started to pick up arrogant habits, strutted like he'd done a whole lot more than rub his nose against hers. By the time they'd reached the front steps, Blaise was reluctantly starting to get a sense of humour about the whole thing.

"Bye, Blaise. Sorry I made you mad, but I want you to know...you have a really great nose...and your abs are awesome."

She snorted. "Yeah, right, whatever, Creevey. I'm on to you, you perv. Bye."

Colin headed into the boys' bathroom while Ginny told Draco to meet her in the library after lunch and went into the Great Hall. Once they were alone, Draco grinned smarmily at Blaise and pointed upwards. "Look, someone hung mistletoe early. C'mon, Blaise, you know you've always dreamt about kissing a girly-boy like me, Colin Creevey."

The exaggerated boyish voice and earnest facial expression made Blaise laugh. Before she could do more than say, ‘Eeuwww...get away, you grotty little Gryffindor!’ Draco yelled, "Ow! Damn it, Boot, I was just joking. Stop hexing me, Ape-Man!"

Blaise gasped when Terry slung her over his shoulder and carried her off.

"You're a sick, sick woman to get a thrill out of being manhandled!” Draco called after them.

Opening the door to the first empty classroom, Terry carried Blaise in and set her down. Immediately, she threw herself into his embrace. His kiss was all she needed to make the day sane again. Running her fingers through her boyfriend’s long hair, she smiled when he pulled back for a moment to ask, "Are you a sick woman, Blaise, because my manhandling gives you a thrill?"

Staring into warm blue eyes, she nodded. "I've got a bad case of loving you. It’s incurable."

He kissed her forehead and the tip of her nose before softly kissing her lips. "Good. Because Dr. Terry recommends lots of tender loving care to treat your condition. What do you think about that?"

Blaise wrapped her arms around Terry’s neck. "I think I need mouth to mouth."

-


-

A/N Yay Snow Days! Aren't they the best? Love sledding, and everything else you can do instead of something responsible!

No idea who wrote Winter Wonderland, but I really like the way either Amy Grant or Vince Gill sings it, and they're married to each other...how hinky is that? Whether readers have snow or not, I hope you enjoy life and remember to Review!

Leave a Review