Title: The Same Old Thing
Name: rainpuddle13
Rating: Not Naughty
Word Count: 467
Characters/Ships:Liam Malfoy, Draco Malfoy
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.
Notes: For dragonsangel68 - I would like to see Liam introducing his first born to Draco :)

Summary: Waiting is the hardest part.

He was starting to get antsy.

Patience was not one of Draco’s strong suits, never had been, but not especially now when he was waiting to be introduced to his firstborn’s firstborn. He never thought he would never live to see this day, what with Liam having to do everything in his own time.

Truth be told, he was dying to see his newest grandchild. It was terribly unfair that his wife had not only been there to witness the birth of the Malfoy heir, but she’d also got to hold the baby mere moments later. Apparently, it was the most beautiful child ever to be born in her opinion, but then she said that every time a new grandchild was born therefore she was an unreliable source. He’d have to see for himself, if only his son would present him with his grandchild.

“The grandfather is always the last to see,” he muttered as he pushed himself up out of the comfortable chair before the fireplace in the upstairs sitting room of Malfoy Manor. He stopped his pacing long enough to gaze a picture of Gareth and his young family sitting on a table by the window. “We’re important too.”

“Da?” Liam said softly, his voice full of awe and wonder.
Draco turned quickly to see his son standing in the doorway, gingerly holding a bundle wrapped in a cream colored baby blanket knitted by a very proud great-grandmother. “Give me!” he demanded, holding his arms out for his grandchild. He lightly nuzzled the baby against his cheek the second his son placed the newest Malfoy in his arms, inhaling deeply. “Mmm, new baby smell.”

“Well?” his son asked anxiously after a few minutes. “What do you think?”

“I think I’ve seen this before, several times in fact,” Draco said with a wink. “I think you need to go back and try again until you can show me something new.”

Liam smirked at him, reaching for the sleeping baby. “Well, if you feel that way, I will just take my baby back.”

“Oh, no,” he chided, taking a few steps back so he’d be out of easy reach. He wasn’t about to give up that easily now that he had his grandchild in his arms. “I didn’t say a thing about giving this one back. I merely suggested you try again until you have something new to show me.”

“Maybe later, we have to raise this one up a little bit first I think.”

“I suppose you’re right. It’s not good to have babies one right on top of the other.”

Liam carefully readjusted the blanket to cover up the tiny pink foot that had somehow managed to escape its confines. “So, Da, what do you really think?”

“You did good, Liam, very good,” he whispered.
Leave a Review