Draco grinned as he chased his daughter around the bed. His children had inherited his hate of going to bed and so it was always a struggle. Normally him and Ginny would be tackling their three children together but after what Draco said to her he wouldn't be surprised if she didn't come back at all. He despised his explosive temper.

It had always gotten them in trouble. From her first day at Hogwarts they had been enemies since they were both so hot-tempered. Even through their marriage Draco had never quite lost his penchant for hurting her just by being himself. He never meant it but he lost his temper so much.

“Okay, muffin, time for you to lay down,” Draco said as he finally caught his daughter and lifted her up in the air.

“Oh, Daddy, won't you tell me a story?” Salem asked as Draco laid her down on her bed.

Her big sister, Evelyn, sat up in her bed. “I wanna hear a story too, Daddy.”

Draco laughed, knowing when he was outnumbered. “Okay, muffins, lay down and Daddy will tell you a story.”

“No fair.” Draco turned around as he heard a small voice coming from the doorway. He grinned as he saw his son standing there dragging a teddy bear by the arm.

Draco smiled and pat the spot on Salem's bed beside him. “Okay, Colin, Evelyn. Come here and sit with Salem and Daddy and Daddy'll tell you a story.” After the kids had clambered onto Salem's bed Draco smiled through his worry for Ginny. “Okay, do you wanna hear about when me and your mummy were at Hogwarts?” There was a resounding yeah and Draco leaned against the wall, cradling Evelyn and Colin.

“Well, it all started when your mum was 16 and I was 17. Your mum was the greatest beauty to ever hit Hogwarts...”


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Ginny walked through the halls with her face down. Ever since the summer, the war, the deaths and all the fighting Ginny had been fearful to raise her head to anybody. Being held captive for three weeks had taken it's toll on her. She had just recently started gaining weight but had lost most of her will to live.

No adult, teenager, or child should be through what Ginny had gone through. At the beginning of the war she had been kidnapped and held captive for five months. She had seen her mother being tortured to get information out of her. She had been poked and prodded and drugged but had never succumbed to the temptation of giving up the Order of the Phoenix.

Your mother was the brightest girl in school. Strutting around, acting like she owned the place. But really? She did. She could have any guy in the world and even the Slytherin students had to blush when she bestowed one of her gorgeous smiles on them. I was one of those Slytherin students.

But your mother was much too high for us. She had one steady boyfriend whom she spent most of her time with and rarely sent anybody else a glance. Everybody was persistent though and your mother never had a spare moment to herself. It was amazing she got the grades she did since she had dates and parties every night.


Draco had been the only person who had noticed that Ginny hadn't been eating. Had been slacking on her work. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had their own problems and of course tried to help Ginny but it wasn't enough. Ginny would act happy and healthy in their presence but Draco saw the Ginny behind the mask.

The last straw was when he had to have detention with her in Potions. She had fallen asleep in class and Draco had turned her hair green. They had been assigned detention together but she just fell asleep in detention. That was when he truly saw the dark circles under her eyes, hear her stomach growling. He truly saw the real Ginny.

I saw how beautiful she was and I wanted her right away. She was the smartest in our grade, almost as smart as Auntie 'Mione. But that wasn't what first got me in love with her. It was her beauty. The color of her eyes. The brown just sucked me in. I felt like I was being surrounded by chocolate. You know, Evelyn, that milk chocolate muggle candy you love so much.

Your mother was perfect in every way and a girl as perfect as her had to be with the most perfect guy in the world of course. So I set out to make her mine. I almost stalked her but not quite. And your mother was smart enough to know when a guy was perfect so she never discouraged my intentions.


Draco hated spending time with her. They had been made detention partners after Draco had tormented her again and Draco hated it. He hated the blank look in her eyes. The way her normally bright hair now hung limply in her eyes. He wanted to shake her out of it. What scared him most was that he wanted to kiss her out of it.

And yet he couldn't. She still hung out a lot with that stupid Potter. He knew that her stupid brother, Weasley, would be the first to get a mob together to hang him or something even more gruesome. After all, the Slytherins were the outcasts. The evil ones. It didn't matter that Draco had not been an active follower of the dark lord. He was a Slytherin. End of story.

She was beautiful and one day in the library I couldn't help it. I leaned in and kiss her. Your mom was very surprised but I was such a handsome and popular guy that she couldn't resist kissing me back. That was the beginning of our relationship. I remember your mum had been reading about unicorns and fairies. That romantic girly stuff.

After a while I wanted to be with her all the time. I loved her so much but I was afraid that she didn't love me back. It was ridiculous of course. I mean, who couldn't love me? And your mother was a smart little witch. She couldn't resist falling in love with me as well. Your beautiful, beautiful mother.


The part about the library was true. So was the part about her being beautiful. Even through her daze, Draco thought she was wonderful. And he wanted her to get back to her animated self. The way he remembered her. So, he had taken his chance... and kissed her. She had been surprised but had kissed him back. And he had fallen in love with her.

He knew that it was stupid to do. He knew that she couldn't love him back. But yet, against all odds. She seemed to like him. Like spending time with him. He made her feel beautiful, bought her pretty things, spent time with her. Listened to her thoughts and opinions the way her over-protective big brothers never did. He made her feel cherished. And she was cherished.

I knew that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with your mother. But there was one problem. Your uncle Ron hated me. We had been enemies all through Hogwarts and he was jealous of my handsomeness and charming-ness. But your mother and I worked our way around it. I proposed to her two years later, after she graduated from Hogwarts. Rich, handsome, charming me. How could she resist?

Draco loved spending time with her. She was perfect, fiery, stubborn. She matched him wit for wit. Outside his bedroom, and other places with him, she was still sullen, not venturing outside her shell much. But with him? She was a hellcat. She loved being with him and loved matching wits with him. Two years later when he proposed she couldn't have said no. Nobody, not even Ron, could stop her. She loved him with all her heart.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Draco stopped talking as he suddenly realized that Evelyn was quietly crying. “What is it, baby?” he asked as he pulled her into his embrace.

“Are you and Mummy going to get a divorce?”

Draco's heart stopped. He hadn't thought that the children had heard their argument and Draco hadn't really meant what he said about the divorce. “Oh, honey. No, I would never divorce your mum. No matter what I say or what I do I love your mother more than anything in the whole wide world. I wouldn't divorce her unless she asked for it. But if we do get a divorce, unlikely as it is, we'd both still love you. You're our babies!”

Suddenly Draco launched into a full tickle attack until they were all laughing. “Okay, muffins, and cupcakes, and pies, and cakes, and cookies. All my sweet little things. You need to go to bed.” He tucked Salem and Evelyn in and took Colin to his bedroom by the connected door. He tucked him in, made sure Salem and Evelyn were still in bed and left the room.

“Did you mean that?” Draco turned around at the voice he had worried he wouldn't hear again that night.

Draco suddenly swallowed hard. He couldn't think of what to say. It seemed nothing would express it the way he wanted. Nothing would let her know of his deep love for her. The way she was perfect, the way she made him feel perfect. But he could see her tense up as he hesitated and knew he had to try.

“Of course I meant that, darling. You're my love, my life, my wife, the mother of my children. I would be nothing without you. And you would be nothing without your stud of a husband.” Draco winked at her and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

She laughed but he noticed there were tears running down her cheeks. He wiped them away with his finger. “I'm so sorry for what I said, Gin. I don't want to divorce you. I never want to divorce you. I couldn't live without you. I just... You know me. You know my temper.”

Ginny smiled wickedly. “I know you, that's the problem. And yet, for some unknown reason, I still love you.”

Draco picked her up bridal style and carried her toward their bedroom. “I love you too. Now, Mrs. Malfoy, what do you say we go work on another baby or two? Molly has been pestering me about more grankids.”

“I say that's a fabulous idea.” Ginny said and closed the door behind them.
The End.
Princess_MJ is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Sweet Dreams also liked 1227 other stories.
Leave a Review