Disclaimer: I disclaim all Harry Potter things, but I unfortunately own this plot

Disclaimer: I disclaim all Harry Potter things, but I unfortunately own this plot.

 

Chapter one: the engagement.

 

Ginny watched as Ron went red in the face after she announced her engagement to Draco. Harry and Hermione (sans Snape) watched as his face then went purple from lack of oxygen then turned to Ginny, a loud thump sounding behind them.

 

"You're marrying Malfoy?" Harry asked.

 

"I just said that, didn't I? Jeez, I'm sure you've got selective hearing!" Ginny said, rolling her eyes at him.

 

Hermione revived Ron with her wand, and then patted Harry on the shoulder.

 

"It's all right, Harry. We all know that you don't mean to have selective hearing," she said then turned to Ginny. "Well, I can't say anything against you, so I hope you're happy with each other," Hermione said smiling at her.

 

"What do you mean you can't say anything against her? Why not? She's getting married to the Great Ferret!" Ron exclaimed in shock.

 

"I can't say anything against her because I'm dating a Slytherin," Hermione said with a shrug.

 

Ron and Harry stared at her in shock.

 

"You're dating a Slytherin? Yeah, right," Harry said with a laugh, hoping she was lying.

 

Hermione narrowed her eyes at him and Harry shut up quickly.

 

"You're ... But ... We're ... Who is he?" Ron managed to say, now glaring at her, his sister forgotten.

 

"Hello? This is about me, remember? I'm the one getting married to a Slytherin!" Ginny said waving her hands in front of their faces.

 

"I'll deal with you later," Ron muttered, still glaring at Hermione.

 

"Oh, please! I already know how this one's going to end!" Ginny muttered. "You're going to confess your love for Hermione and now the entire story is going to become about her and who she chooses!" she cried to Ron, who went red and glared. "Just choose Snape and get the whole suspense thing over with! It is so over rated!" Ginny muttered to Hermione.

 

"I know. I would choose Snape over Ron anyway," she muttered in return, ignoring both of the boys who were trying to listen to what they were saying. "Besides, Ron's not going to confess his love for me. I read a fan fiction like this a few weeks ago and the author made Ron and Harry go out," Hermione said, louder this time.

 

"Oh, come on! Why am I always in the slash stories? If it's not with Ron, then it's with Malfoy, or even Snape! I mean, I've seen a few that are between me and Dumbledore, for the god's sakes! Why don't I have any say in it?" Harry cried indignantly.

 

"Because no one cares about you. Now, can we please get back to the original story before we all get flamed?" Ginny asked looking at them.

 

"Fine," they muttered reluctantly.

 

"Do you have any idea what Mum and Dad are going to say?" Ron said glaring at Ginny, his face turning red again.

 

"Yes, actually," Ginny said grinning at him.

 

"How?" Ron asked, faltering.

 

"I already told them about it. Mum congratulated me and Dad fainted just like you did. I can't wait to see how Draco's parents react," she said.

 

"Lucius will kill him," Harry muttered. "Voldemort will keel over and die too ... Any chance you can send him a wedding invitation? It'll save me the hassle of having to kill him," he said, grinning at Ginny.

 

"Oh, I already did that. He said that he's going to come to the wedding," she responded with a shrug.

 

"What!" Ron said in shock. "You actually sent an invitation to your wedding to You-Know-Who?"

 

"Why not? It's a good twist for the otherwise-boring story line of this fan fiction," Ginny said.

 

"However true that may be, you just don't go around sending out wedding invitations to the evil guy!" Ron exclaimed.

 

"Bill and Fleur did!" Ginny protested.

 

"We did?" Bill asked Fleur, who shrugged in confusion.

 

"How'd they get here?" Harry whispered to Hermione.

 

"No idea, but they're gone now," she said, looking to the empty spot beside her.

 

"Can we get back to the fact that I am going to marry Draco Malfoy here? Honestly! This story is supposed to be about me and you aren't giving me any attention!" Ginny grumbled, folding her arms.

 

"Right ... Sorry!" Hermione and Harry said quickly, grinning guiltily.

 

"Thank you! Now, where were we?" Ginny asked with a frown.

 

"You were telling your brother about your parents’ response to your engagement," Snape said, appearing out of nowhere.

 

"Great. Thanks Severus," Ginny said, grinning at him.

 

As Harry and Ron turned their attention to Ginny, Hermione started snogging Severus behind them.

 

"Mum persuaded Dad into congratulating Draco and I on our engagement, and then we came back here to tell you," Ginny said.

 

"Great. I'm going to be related to the Great Ferret himself," Ron muttered.

 

"He's not thrilled about that either you know!" Ginny protested.

 

"Good! Then call off the marriage, and we'll all be happy!" Ron said quickly.

 

"That is not happening," she replied glaring at him.

 

"Fine! Shouldn't you go spend some time with your fiancé?" he mocked.

 

"Thanks for the idea!" Ginny said, and quickly left.

 

Harry turned to Ron in surprise.

 

"You're willingly letting her go to spend time with Malfoy?" he asked.

 

"For the moment. I want to know who Hermione's dating first. Then we can wreck their marriage," Ron said.

 

"Speaking of Hermione ... Where did she go?" Harry asked.

 

"Wasn't Snape here a moment ago too?" Ron asked, frowning.

 

Looking at each other, they both shrugged.

 

"Oh, well. Let's go see if someone knows who's she's dating," Ron said.

 

The two boys left the Gryffindor Tower quickly, going past a few broom cupboards along the way.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

(a/n: I hope you enjoyed the chapter!)

 

Leave a Review