Ginny was nestled into her favorite nook of the library reading her new romance novel. So far, it wasn’t very good. She checked the time and realized it was close to curfew. Maybe, she’d give the book a few more pages before she put it down.
***
Draco was bored. He’d almost completed his rounds, and he hadn’t come across anything remotely exciting. Finding Lavender Brown snogging her boyfriend of the moment was getting old. His last stop was the library, and then he’d be off to bed.

He heard the sound of female voices coming from the back of the library, and he wondered who he’d find blatantly disregarding curfew. As he stealthily wound his way back among the aisles of books, he realized there was only one voice. When he finally reached the hidden nook where the voice was coming from, he saw the strangest thing.

Ginny Weasley was carrying on a conversation with her eyes closed. He started to say something when she yelled, “Bugger off, Harry. It’s over.”

Draco whipped around, expecting to see Potter standing right behind him with his wand drawn. All he saw were rows of books. Ginny laughed. He turned around ready to rip her head off for tricking him when she started talking again.

“No, Hermione. It really is over.”

Draco watched as she paused for a moment, as if she were listening to someone reply.

“He cheated on me, Hermione. I don’t care if he just kissed her. It’s still cheating. Now, let’s move on to more interesting topics. Who’s put that smile on your face?”

Draco watched as Ginny’s face scrunched up. “One of my brothers? Really? Ron? Fred? George? Hermione, what do you mean Fred and George?”

Draco leaned against the bookshelf and prepared himself to be thoroughly entertained. Who knew what blackmail material he could gather from this interesting situation?

“I don’t care if you mistook one for the other. You can’t lie to them like that.”

Ginny blinked, and then blushed in her sleep. “They know? What do you mean you’re with both of them?”

Draco’s mouth dropped open. Who knew Granger was into that sort of thing?

“Hermione, we need to change the subject. I’m getting these horrible mental images.”

Draco waited, and fashioned a chair out of some of the larger books that were on the shelf. He used his wand to transfigure them into a reasonably comfortable recliner.

“I don’t know who I want to date next. I think I should date someone completely opposite of Harry. I’ve had my fill of males who are supposed to be good and noble, but find themselves unable to be faithful. At least if I dated someone who didn’t claim to be good, the being bad part wouldn’t be nearly so annoying.”

Ginny chuckled and shifted around in her seat. Draco found his eyes drawn to the amount of leg she was now showing. He’d never noticed how the youngest Weasley was built, because she was a Weasley after all. Now, he couldn’t help notice that Quidditch had given her a muscular yet curvy body.

“That’s brilliant. A Slytherin would be wonderful, Hermione. It would annoy the hell out of Harry and Ron.”

Draco blinked. He wondered why she wanted to annoy her brother. He didn’t have to wait long to find out the answer.

“He’s on Harry’s side. The prat keeps pointing out that they were only kissing. As far as I’m concerned, the rubbing together of any body parts counts as cheating. Anyway, which Slytherins do you think are attractive?”

Draco smirked as he clearly expected his name to be first on the list.

“Zabini? You’re right. He’s got the whole dark, sexy thing going on.”

Frowning, Draco thought that the old standard of tall, dark and handsome was overrated. If the female population only knew the amount of body hair that Zabini charmed off in the showers, they’d run screaming. The man was like an ape.

“I think Malfoy would be perfect. Harry and Ron would go insane. Of course he’d need a personality makeover. I just couldn’t see kissing someone who insulted me all of the time.”

Ginny gave a deep, sexy chuckle that had the hair on the nape of his neck standing up. “Hermione Granger, I do believe the Ministry would frown on me obliviating Malfoy and using him as my boy toy. It is a wickedly wonderful idea. I’ll take it into consideration.”

Sighing, Ginny moved in her seat again. Her blouse shifted, and he glimpsed the white lace shoulder strap of her bra. White lace should not be having the effect on him that it was. He shifted in his chair to make himself more comfortable.

Ginny sighed, and said, “Besides, Malfoy would never look twice at me. He’s told me over and over again how much he hates my freckles and my red hair. It’s a shame really, because he’d work perfectly into my plans.”

Draco studied the way Ginny’s chest rose and fell as she breathed. He examined her face, and realized that the freckles he’d teased her relentlessly about were really quite cute. She had a soft sprinkling of the little dots across her nose and cheeks. He found himself pondering where else she might have freckles. He wondered if they could be mapped like constellations.

“Do you think people change, Hermione? I’d like to think so. I don’t want to be Little Ginny Weasley my whole life. I’ve been thinking about it, and after I graduate I want people to call me Ginevra. I think it sounds more grown up and more dignified.”

Draco let the sound of her name roll off of his tongue. He could imagine whispering it in her ear as he nuzzled her neck.

He waited for her to continue talking, but she stayed silent for a full ten minutes. Deciding it was time to wake her, he stood up and flicked his wand to turn his chair back into a pile of books. After shelving them, he called her name softly and she sat up with a start.

Looking at him wide eyed, she asked, “Malfoy, what’s going on?”

“Apparently, Ginevra, you fell asleep in the library.”

Eyeing him suspiciously, she asked, “What did you just call me?”

“I called you Ginevra. That is your name. Isn’t it? It suits you better than Ginny.”

A small smile crossed her face while she appeared to be waiting to see if he was sincere. Looking around, she saw the book she’d been reading and grabbed it. Standing up, she seemed to suddenly realize something. “I suppose it’s after curfew.”

Draco nodded. “I was just finishing my rounds. Why don’t I walk you back to your tower, so you won’t have to worry about running into anyone else.”

Ginny just stared at him for a moment before she reached over and pinched him on the arm. He yelped in an undignified manner and then glared at her.

“Sorry, I was trying to see if I was still asleep.”

“I believe you are supposed to pinch yourself to perform that little test, Ginevra, not me.”

Ginny chuckled and said, “Yes, but you are the one who is acting out of character. You haven’t once yelled at me about being a Weasley, or threatened to take off house points.”

“Thanks for reminding me about that,” Draco replied with a smirk. “Ten points from your annoying house for being out past curfew.”

“Hey,” Ginny protested.

Draco grabbed her arm and started propelling her out of the library. “It could be worse. Besides, if I didn’t deduct points you’d think I’d lost my memory, or that someone had...obliviated me.”

Ginny tripped, and Draco watched as her face turned red as she was no doubt remembering the conversation she’d had with Hermione earlier in the day. “Something wrong, Ginevra?”

“No,” Ginny squeaked. “I think one of my legs is just a little bit asleep still.”

Draco watched as she made a show of stamping her foot to restore circulation. When she was ready to move again, he put a hand on her arm. “Just in case, you trip again,” he assured her.

On the way back to her tower, he asked her about Quidditch and other trivial matters. He wanted her to see that he was capable of social small talk that women seemed to find so necessary. When they reached the entrance to her tower, he released her arm and said, “Sweet Dreams, Ginevra.”

She nodded mutely at him, and waited until he was out of earshot to whisper the password. Hermione was sitting on the couch in the common room waiting up for her.

“Did it work?” she asked excitedly.

Ginny nodded enthusiastically. “I think it did. He called me Ginevra, and he only took off ten house points. Plus, he walked me back here to keep me safe.”

“Men,” Hermione said in a dismissive tone. “They are so easily manipulated.”

Ginny frowned. “Are you sure those rumors about you dating Fred and George are a good idea?”

“I’m sure. Ron will charge in to save my reputation, and he’ll end up my boyfriend before he knows what hit him.”

Ginny snorted. “What if Fred and George hear the rumors first and come to visit you at school with an indecent proposal?”

Hermione stretched and smiled. “That could prove interesting as well.”

Ginny shuddered as unwanted images filled her head. “Come up to my room. I figured out Malfoy’s class schedule, and I think I know where I plan on accidentally bumping into him tomorrow. I want you to double check the logistics of it to see if it looks staged.

“If you could pull off the talking in your sleep bit, you can do anything.” Hermione reassured her as they walked up the stairs towards their rooms.
Leave a Review