Ginny saw Ron approaching out of the corner of her eye. His fists were clenched, and his face was visibly red. He was obviously still in a foul mood over Hermione’s social life.

Deciding it might be best not to irritate him any further, she started to move away from Draco. The arm draped around her waist tightened. “Ginevra, there will be no more fleeing.”

Ron stopped in front of them and gave them a completely disgusted look. “Malfoy, what in the hell do you think you are doing?”

“Unfortunately, I believe I am cuddling,” Draco responded in a dry voice. “It wasn’t my idea. Your sister insisted upon it.”

Ginny chuckled, and Ron glared at her.

“Has everyone lost their minds? You dumped Harry for a minor mistake, and then you attach yourself to this snake. It doesn’t make sense.”

Sitting forward, Ginny unloaded on her brother. “It was not a minor mistake. He knowingly and willingly kissed another person. He didn’t accidentally fall on top of her lips.”

Ron rubbed the bridge of his nose. “You’re dating Malfoy just to get back at Harry, aren’t you? That’s very mature.”

“After Harry betrayed me, I decided that I wanted someone who was his complete opposite. Draco came along, and things just seemed to fall into place.”

Draco cleared his throat. “That isn’t strictly true. I never would have thought of dating you if you didn’t talk in your sleep.”

Ron’s entire body went rigid as he glared at Draco. When he spoke, it was barely above a whisper. “How do you know that my sister talks in her sleep?”

Ginny was about to pipe up that he heard her talking in the library, but then she realized she wasn’t supposed to know about that. Shooting a glance over her shoulder, she said, “When you found me in the library, you never told me that you heard me talking in my sleep.”

Draco gave her a look of disgust. “Did you have to tell him the real reason? He looked like his head was about to explode. I think I would have enjoyed that.”

Ginny looked at Ron and noted the veins bulging on his forehead. “Relax, Ron. I fell asleep the other night in the library. Draco found me and woke me up. Apparently, I had loose lips while I slept.”

Narrowing his gaze at Draco, Ron demanded, “What did she say?”

“Fine,” Draco responded petulantly. “Apparently she knew about Granger’s unique arrangement with your brothers, and she might have mentioned that she wanted to date someone the opposite of Harry. My name may have come up.”

Ginny chuckled as Ron’s left eyelid began to twitch. “Ron, you’ll be relieved to know that Hermione is only dating George. Plus, I know for a fact that she’s done no more than kiss either of them, so there is nothing to pitch a fit over.”

Draco made a disappointed sound. “Knowing that takes some of the fun out of it. I know I wasn’t the only one taking perverse joy in imagining Little Miss Know It All doing depraved things with both of your brothers. I’m sure Blaise will be very disappointed.”

Ron growled, and Ginny pointed her wand at him. “Ron, don’t start anything. You brought the Hermione situation on yourself by not asking her out years ago.” Looking at Draco she asked, “Shouldn’t you be imagining doing depraved things with me, rather than paying attention to Hermione’s sex life?”

Draco arched an eyebrow at her. “Make your brother go away, and I’ll share a few ideas I have with you on that topic.”

Ginny waved her wand in Ron’s general direction. “Go away, or I’ll hex you bald.”

Ron stomped off and Ginny turned to Draco. “Where were we?”

Draco leaned down and nuzzled her neck. She didn’t need him to share any depraved fantasies with her, because she was coming up with a few spectacular ideas all on her own.

***

Hermione and George were walking across the grounds of Hogwarts after they returned from their trip to Hogsmeade. As far as Hermione was concerned, everything was right with the world. She’d always enjoyed George’s company, because he made her laugh. The fact that his kisses made the hair on her arms stand up was a nice bonus.

As they held hands and walked some of the more secluded pathways, they crossed paths with Professor Snape.

“Mr. Weasley, I thought you graduated last year. Why are you blessing us with your presence?” Snape asked with suspicion. One of his eyebrows shot up when he saw the two were holding hands.

George gave his cheekiest smile. “I was hoping to sign up for an advanced potions class. I feel I didn’t pay close enough attention during my time here. I’m sure there is much I have left to learn.”

Professor Snape smirked. “What a shame that Hogwarts doesn’t offer graduate level coursework. I suppose you’ll just have to attend a University and make some other Professor’s life miserable with your pranks.”

George chuckled and said, “Care to recommend any of your colleagues?”

Professor Snape’s smirk grew larger. “At the moment, there is no one I can think of who deserves your company.”

Hermione laughed, and George tried to look offended. Professor Snape looked at the two in disgust and walked off muttering about their genes combining to make deviously intelligent offspring.

***


Ginny felt like her entire body had turned into a pile of goo. It was quite embarrassing. All Draco had to do was kiss her neck, and her hormones went on a rampage. To make matters worse, he was quite aware of his effect on her, and he found it terribly amusing.

He whispered in her ear. “If you’re going to make noises like that when I kiss your neck, we should go inside.”

Ginny forced herself to sit up and move away from him. “I don’t think being inside is going to help matters.”

Draco leaned towards her neck, and she smacked her hand over the exposed area to ward him off. “I think we need to take a break, or a walk, or maybe I should just throw myself in the lake for a few moments.”

Smirking at her, Draco said, “All right, let’s go for a walk.”

Ginny didn’t trust the silky tone of his voice. However, she was pleasantly surprised when he reached for her hand as they walked towards the lake. She was at a loss for small talk, so she waited to see what he would bring up.

He pulled her down a hedge lined pathway she was not familiar with. They started seeing fewer and fewer students. When they rounded a particularly large hedge, they almost ran into Professor Snape. He was muttering to himself about something. His eyes grew larger as he saw the couple in front of him. Looking at Draco, he said, “Tell me that is not Ginny Weasley.”

Draco nodded. “All right, sir. That is not Ginny Weasley.”

Professor Snape glared at Draco while Ginny bit her lip to keep from chuckling. Draco cleared his throat. “I don’t normally lie to my professors, but you did make a direct request.”

Snape made a noise of disgust. “Has everyone gone off their hippogriff today? First I see Granger with the wrong Weasley, and now you’ve attached yourself to one as well.” He looked at Ginny. “After you graduate, I’m sure Hogwarts will seem boring. Whatever shall I do when there aren’t Weasleys popping out of every path and corridor?”


Ginny tried to look sincere as she spoke. “Don’t worry, Professor Snape. I’m sure that Charlie or Bill will get married and have children within a few years. Then, there will be a whole new batch of Weasleys for you to teach. Considering how large my family is, you’ll probably be teaching Weasleys until you retire.

Ginny watched as Snape’s brows drew together. She was startled when she heard him mutter words that even her brothers were reluctant to use. Then she watched him stalk past her down the pathway. She looked at Draco and found him studying her.

“What?” she asked, giving him her best innocent smile.

“I’m impressed. I’ve never seen Professor Snape lose his reserve like that.”

Chuckling, Ginny said, “The key is to keep a completely innocent look on your face the entire time.”

“I never knew you were so manipulative,” Draco informed her with what sounded like a touch of pride.

“The twins taught me everything I know.”

Draco nodded. “For a Gryffindor, you are pretty sneaky. Don’t bother trying to trick me. I’m on to you.”

Tamping down her urge to chuckle, Ginny smiled and said, “I’ll have to remember that.”

Author notes: AN: The line about being off a hippogriff was inspired by someone with that penname. I give them credit for the inspiration.

The End.
CCC is the author of 47 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 86 members. Members who liked I Hear the Secrets that You Keep, When You're Talking in your Sleep also liked 1769 other stories.
Leave a Review