Draco avoided Ginny as much as possible after their exchange of words and…affection in the corridor near the Divination classroom. It wasn’t so much what she’d said. He really had no reason for blowing up at her whenever she brought up his allegiance to the Dark Lord. She was merely stating a fact.

He was becoming worried about his feelings for her once again. After mulling over their time spent together, Draco realized he was slipping. He’d given away way too much to Ginny. He had never said anything to reveal information regarding either of his plans, but she was no fool. She’d seen him become increasingly withdrawn, moody, and unfortunately, sickly looking. And if she were clever at all, and he knew that she was pretty sharp, she would take his agony as an indicator for Death Eater…activity.

Despite this pressing thought, that she might know too much, he had become vulnerable overall. His lack of success in his agenda had taken a toll on him, and the Dark Lord had seen to it that he was well aware of this during the Christmas holidays. But she did something to him to make things worse. He wasn’t supposed to feel these things for anyone, let alone her. He wasn’t meant to become…attached to another person. Pretty soon he would become the most hated man in the Wizarding World.

What then?

It had started as a purely physical relationship, one that apparently didn’t satisfy her enough, and had later evolved into an awkward companionship. And now he was thinking about her all the time, wanting to touch her, to be with her, to…love her.

The thought frightened him and tied his stomach into knots. This definitely wasn’t meant to happen. She was right; their relationship had done something completely unexpected and had become quite serious without either of them meaning for it to.

But at the same time, as he played back the past two months in his head, he knew what would end up happening. Ever since she’d caught him in a shameful moment, writhing in pain as the Dark Lord shook the bonds of magic between him and his followers, he was drawn to her. She was a calming force on his chaotic life. And he selfishly wanted her to protect him from everything terrible, dark, and evil that haunted him in his waking moments and in his dreams. She had accepted him no questions asked. And he let her heal him.

He'd spent more time in the abandoned girls' bathroom with Moaning Myrtle as he griped about his predicament. Myrtle had initially been reluctant to listen as she pouted about Draco having found someone else over her, but eventually she encouraged him to talk to Ginny about his feelings.

"The least you could do is give her an explanation," Myrtle had said. "And when, I mean, if things don't work out with her, you know where to find me."

Draco’s Muggle Studies group had expressed an interest in going into East Sussex without any word on his part. He merely shrugged when they asked him about his thoughts on the matter. He avoided Ginny’s eyes, but he knew she was staring at him.

“Professor Burbage says it’s one of her favorite places to visit,” Luna said. “perhaps because the Moon Woman lives there.”

The members of their group had become accustomed to the odd things the Ravenclaw girl said and no longer probed her for ridiculous information.

Draco had already known about Professor Burbage’s interest in the region. His decision to venture there hadn’t been without real reason. Of course, all the things he’d told Ginny had been true.

After the group confirmed their decision, they submitted their itinerary to the professor. She beamed and dismissed them from class for the day.

Draco deliberately kept his pace slow as he made his way out of the classroom, hoping to fall into step with Ginny once the others had moved on ahead. Unfortunately, Colin Creevy had monopolized her in conversation.

Their eyes met for a moment and he gave her a knowing look. He wasn’t sure she’d understood, because she continued out of the room with Colin.

He sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets and leaving the room.

He found her leaning against a wall, her arms crossed. Her expression was unreadable, something he found disconcerting.

“Ginny,” he breathed, a fluttering sensation taking root in his stomach as he uttered her name. “May I speak with you?”

“Oh, so now you want to talk, Malfoy?” she said bitterly, her eyes narrowing at him.

He cringed.

“I’m sorry,” he said, hating himself for the position this girl had brought him to. He was apologizing! To a bloody Gryffindor. Well, just not any Gryffindor…his Gryffindor.

“Pardon? I didn’t catch what you said,” Ginny said, a faint trace of a smirk on her face.

“I want to speak with you in private,” he said.

She headed down the hallway without a word and entered an unused classroom. He followed her in and once the door shut, he heard a clicking sound as it locked in place. Ginny pocketed her wand and put her hands on her hips in anticipation.

Draco thought she looked beautiful. She tucked a lock of her glossy red hair behind an ear as she stared at him warily with her doe-like eyes. Her creamy skin was tinged slightly pink from anger. She wasn’t wearing her school sweater and her blouse hugged all her curves. It sometimes amazed him that she was only fifteen.

“Well, aren’t you going to say something?” she asked impatiently.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you,” he said, unconsciously taking a step closer to her.

She stepped back and it took all his willpower to prevent his face from falling.

“It’s not you. I’m going through a lot right now.”

He thought he saw a hint of concern flash over her face.

“I push you away for a reason. I’ve been selfish and I don’t know how much I can allow you to endure anymore.”

“Draco Malfoy,” Ginny said, lowering her hands to her sides. “You continue to surprise me. You’ve apologized and claimed selflessness in the past five minutes.” She closed the gap between them and placed her hands on his chest. He shivered. “Do you love me?”

Draco’s throat went dry. They had never exchanged any types of formalities in their relationship. They didn’t exchange gifts. And they certainly didn’t pledge their undying love for one another. They had always skirted around the issue and had simply allowed themselves to just…be.

“Well?”

“I…”

He looked into her eyes, eyes that were asking him to finally say something outside of their norm. Her close presence was intoxicating. If she hadn’t been standing so close to him, he probably might not have said what he ended up saying.

“Yes, I do.”

“Then as the girl who loves you, I want to be with you no matter what you go through.”

He blinked.

“I know you can’t tell me much. But I’m here for you in any way that you need. You can't get rid of me that easily. What must Clementine Churchill have gone through? Her husband was running a country during a war! But they loved each other.” She touched the side of his face with a gentle hand. He leaned into her touch and closed his eyes.

“Ginny,” he whispered.

“Yes, Draco?” she whispered back.

He kissed the inside of her palm, and then her wrist. He pulled her against him until their bodies fit together perfectly. He could feel her breathing, her chest rising against his. And then he kissed her softly. He pulled the both of them towards the cold stone floor and deepened the kiss, gently pushing her back to the ground. She lay on her back, knees bent, as he trailed kisses across her face and down her throat. He could feel her heart beating rapidly.

He began to unbutton her blouse, and as he did so, he brushed kisses along the newly exposed skin. She was breathing heavily now and her fingers threaded through his hair. His hands were rubbing her thighs softly now, and she squirmed at his touch.

“Oh please, Draco,” she said.

“Please what?” he asked, looking up at her with a smile on his face.

“I need you.” She reached up to unbutton his own shirt, shaking it off of his glowing frame. She greedily raked her fingers along his smooth skin, relishing the feel of it. When she began to pull at his belt buckle he drew back.

She looked hurt.

Merlin, how he wanted this. He’d wanted this since their first kiss at the Astronomy tower. It would be the first time for the both of them.

“Draco Malfoy, if I have to verbally give you my permission, you have it,” she said, unhooking the clasp of her skirt.

“Ginny, t-this isn’t right,” he said with much difficulty.

“Nothing we’ve done the past few months could be described as ‘right’, but I’m begging you right now,” she said, shimmying out her skirt.

He groaned. “What your brothers would do to me if they found out!”

“Silly boy, why are you thinking of my brothers when I’m lying in front of you, almost completely naked?” She tugged on his belt once more and he finally gave in. He slid out of his pants and all that remained between the two of them were their barely there undergarments.

He took a moment to appreciate her beautiful body and then he kissed her. A few moments later he joined the two of them together, finally making Ginny Weasley completely his.
To Be Continued.
sevs_girl is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 53 members. Members who liked Fighting For My Love also liked 992 other stories.
Leave a Review