COMPLETED! -- A broken-hearted Ginny Weasley lets go of Harry Potter to let him fight the good fight and starts her sixth year at Hogwarts. Draco Malfoy follows Snape back to Death Eater headquarters after Dumbledore's death to even more danger than he had just left, realising too late that he has made his greatest mistake yet. Is anyone likely to forgive him? Finding himself a refugee within the walls he had conspired against, he witnesses a scene that alters his perception of a concept he had previously found to be a waste of time: Love. This change allows him to grow away from the model Death Eater his father had been sculpting him into in an effort to find out what he really believes in with the help of his new friendship found in the youngest Weasley. Meanwhile, Ginny struggles with her harboured feelings for the man destined to save the Wizarding world, unknowingly losing her affections with every passing day to his childhood enemy. Please leave me a review!
Category: Long and Completed
Rating: Sorta Naughty
Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Narcissa Malfoy, Neville Longbottom, Pansy Parkinson, Ron Weasley, Severus Snape
Compliant with: HBP and below
Era: Hogwarts-era
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Blood, Character Death
Completed: Yes
Series: None

Chapters: 20 | Word count: 54733 | Read count: 95556 | Published: May 18, 2008 | Updated: Sep 26, 2008
[Report This]

(Reviews - 93) Microsoft Word Printer ePub eBook
Story notes: The last chapter, A New Start, is now up! Thank you everyone! :-)

If you are interested, I have posted a one-shot of chapter 15 from Harry's perspective: Here's to The Death of My Heart. Please check it out!

Woo-hoo, past 20,000 reads! Amazing! Please, please leave me a review! :-)

Interested in a sequel? I've just started posting here: Simple Choice

1. The Beginning of Regret (Reviews - 12) 2133 words

Draco finds himself in a tragic and unfamiliar situation upon leaving Hogwarts alongside Snape following the death of the Headmaster.

2. Intrusion on a Family Moment (Reviews - 5) 2454 words

Waking up in the school he had just conspired against, Draco interrupts a moment between Ginny and her brother.

3. Confessions of a Traitor (Reviews - 5) 2130 words

With nowhere else to go, how will Draco convince McGonagall to let him stay at Hogwarts?

4. Fire Meets Ice (Reviews - 4) 2336 words

What happens when Ginny and Draco meet for the first time?

5. No Longer the Enemy (Reviews - 1) 1951 words

The first encounter of Ginny and Draco ends surprisingly different than each of them expects.

6. Secret Needs (Reviews - 4) 2077 words

Ginny tries to find out how the young Malfoy was able to find protection at Hogwarts.

7. Another Door Shut (Reviews - 3) 1892 words

A run-in with an old friend of Draco's trudges up some old memories.

8. Dying Prejudice (Reviews - 3) 3061 words

An intense debate leads to new revelations.

9. A Fear Impartial to Purity of Blood (Reviews - 5) 2461 words

A brutal confrontation with some Draco's old chums forces him into a realization about how he feels about Ginny.

10. The Mark Revealed (Reviews - 2) 2644 words

As Ginny wakes up in the Hospital Wing, she finds that things between her and Draco are now very different... in a good way.

11. An Unlikely Hero (Reviews - 2) 2333 words

Draco does what has to be done to see that Ginny is protected, and Ginny recounts the tale of her knight in shining armour.

12. Wintry Dances and Whispered Confessions (Reviews - 5) 3429 words

A sort of first date that leads to something deeper.

13. Who's the Fairest One Of All? (Reviews - 8) 2312 words

Ginny consults a magical object to answer the questions of her heart.

14. The Beginning of the End (Reviews - 3) 3245 words

Ginny helps Draco integrate back into society, and McGonagall has a late-night visitor after the end of term feast.

15. Behind Glassy Emeralds Lays a Broken Heart (Reviews - 6) 2869 words

Ginny waits for Harry by the lake, not quite ready to tell him what she needs to tell him.

16. A Common Enemy (Reviews - 3) 3372 words

After losing Ginny to the new mysterious man in her life, how will Harry react when he finds out that he lost to Draco Malfoy?

17. Neither Can Live While the Other Survives (Reviews - 4) 2668 words

Both Harry and Draco are faced with the opportunity to carry out their revenge.

18. As Seen Through Greasy Curtains (Reviews - 2) 2954 words

The torture of a guilty soul drives the last person you'd expect to unspeakable terms in order to ensure the destruction of Lord Voldemort forever, guided by the deceased former Headmaster of Hogwarts.

19. Tears and Victory (Reviews - 5) 4403 words

How will Ginny cope with having almost lost both of the men she loves?

20. A New Start (Reviews - 11) 4009 words

A happy ending for most.