Ginny was beginning to regret not taking a sip from her dwindling bottle of Felix Felicis. Malfoy was absent from breakfast, and his tablemates kept gazing in her direction and snickering. Gulping down her pancakes, she hurried back to her room.

What she found made her scream in outrage. Her belongings were strewn about. In the middle of the mess she found the now empty bottle of Felix Felicis. A small scroll was tied to the neck of the bottle. She unrolled it with shaking hands.

“I’ll be the lucky one today.”

It wasn’t signed, but she knew Draco wrote it. She crumpled the parchment in her hands and growled. After using her wand to straighten the room, she stomped off to class.

Trying to remain calm, she mentally gave herself a pep talk. It wasn’t like he’d physically harm her. Throughout the years, he’d dodged some impressive hexes from Pansy, but his return volleys had been meant to subdue rather than inflict pain.

Having Fred and George for older brothers, she’d been the butt of many jokes. Being embarrassed wouldn’t kill her. She squared her shoulders and tried to go about her day as if she wasn’t being stalked by a snarky blond git.

She made it through her first three classes with relative ease. After a quick stop in the loo, she headed for the Great Hall. Before she could make it to her destination, she was hit with a spell that spun her in a circle and pulled her down a side hall. She tried to maintain her grasp on her wand, but it became fire hot. She released it before it burned her hand. The spinning stopped and she watched as the wand flew to Malfoy’s hand. Immobilized she glared at him.

He studied her and seemed to be waiting for something.

She never could take the silent treatment. “Damn it, Malfoy what do you want?”

He chuckled. “I want you to be afraid.”

The pleasant manner in which he delivered this news had the hair on the back of her neck standing up. “Okay, you’re scaring me. Is that what you wanted?”

He frowned. “I thought it was.” A far off look came to his face.

She recognized that dreamy look. “You drank the last of my Felix Felicis, didn’t you?”

“I did. It’s odd. I’ve had a pleasant morning, but it hasn’t been outstanding.”

She watched as he played with her wand. If possible, she’d snatch it back and put as much distance between herself and Malfoy as possible.

“I know what you’re thinking,” he said in a singsong voice.

“That was downright creepy,” she told him. “You sound like a demented story teller.”

He looked offended. “Should you really be making remarks like that at this point in time?”

She swallowed hard. “I suppose not.”

He continued to study her. “Your shirt is frayed at the cuffs. Your buttons have obviously been sewn back on with mismatched thread. Your shoes should have been thrown away by their former owner.”

His comments stung. “Gee, Malfoy, don’t you have anything derogatory to say about my skirt?”

Stepping back, he pretended to study her skirt. “Correct me if I’m wrong. That’s the same skirt you’ve had since you started school.”

“I have several skirts,” she snapped.

“All of which your mother purchased second hand a few years ago.” He sighed. “Your skirts are entertaining. You get taller, and they stay the same size. I predict your knickers will be hanging out before you finish school.”

Irritated with his line of logic, she huffed out a breath. “Well I guess it’s lucky that I buy nice new knickers every year.”

He raised his nose in the air. “I don’t believe you. I imagine you wear those big white knickers that come almost all the way up to your armpits.”

She rolled her eyes. “How did you know? Those are my favorite because they double as a swimsuit during the summer.”

Draco snorted.

“I don’t wear granny panties you prat.”

His eyes strayed to her skirt and scanned up her body. If she didn’t know better, she’d swear he could see through her clothes.

“Malfoy, why are you concerned with my knickers? Aren’t you supposed to be embarrassing me or throwing me in the lake?”

A slow smile spread across his face. “I’ve no idea why I’m thinking about your knickers.” He stepped closer so there were just a few inches between them. “You could show me your knickers and then I’d leave you alone.”

His scent assaulted her. He smelled of expensive soap and aftershave. She closed her eyes to block out his presence. “That is a big fat lie if ever I heard one. If I flashed you my knickers, you’d tell the entire school about it.”

He chuckled and leaned down so he could whisper in her ear. “You’re right. I would.”

If she’d been able to move, she would have bolted. No matter how obnoxious Malfoy was, he made her hormones hum. Being this close to him was not a good idea.

He continued talking. “I bet if I put a little effort into it, I’d know everything about your knickers within a week.”

“Not bloody likely,” she snapped.

“You’re the one who kept touching me,” he reminded her.

She struggled to move her arms and legs. “You’re pretty. I don’t deny that. I touched your face and your hair. It’s not like I groped you.”

He reached out and ran his fingers through her hair. “That’s where it would have led.”

“Malfoy, if I wasn’t immobilized by your stupid spell, I’d cuff you in the back of the head.”

“Let’s test that theory, shall we? I’ll give you back your wand.” He took her wand and slid it in the waistband of her skirt. He brushed her hair back from her neck. Leaning in, he said the incantation, which would free her from the spell. His hot breath feathered across her neck while his lips brushed ever so lightly against her skin.

A small breathy sound escaped her throat as she regained the ability to move. She started to yell at him as his hot mouth skimmed down her throat. Heat flowed through her veins as he nipped and sucked at her pulse point.

“Oh,” was all she managed to say. When he scraped his teeth along her neck, her knees became weak. “That’s just...wrong,” she murmured.

He worked his way back up to her ear. “You don’t seem to be leaving.”

Coming out of the hormonal haze, she jerked away from him. “You...” Unable to form a coherent sentence, she stalked away from him wondering what it the hell was wrong with her. His laughter mocked her all the way down the hall.
Leave a Review