Draco finished his lunch in a hurry and took a back route to the kitchens. He patted his pocket to make sure Ginny’s gift was still there. He had been looking forward to their meeting since he’d invited her the day before. He couldn’t wait to see the look on her face when she saw what he’d gotten her. He was quite proud of himself for picking it.

Seeing another student coming in the opposite direction, Draco ducked into a nearby alcove. He was tired of people constantly asking about his hand. The bandage he was wearing attracted a lot of attention and questions. Out of frustration, he’d told Pansy, after she’d pestered him all night long, that he had a highly infectious disease and she ought to keep away. This, of course, had started a rumour that created a lot of sick curiosity.

Gryffindors had swarmed the Slytherin table at breakfast, cheering that they would soon be rid of him. Students who had previously avoided him out of fear were seeking him out, asking, with disgust evident on their faces, to see his hand. Hufflepuff girls shrieked and ran away whenever they saw him.

When the coast was clear, Draco came back out of the alcove and continued on towards the kitchens. He’d almost made it when he heard an unfamiliar voice call, “Malfoy!” A fifth year Ravenclaw had just popped around the corner in front of him and there was no escape.

“So, is it true, then?” the boy inquired. “Are you about to kick it?”

Draco grimaced and sighed at the ceiling. “No,” he replied shortly. He tried to step around the boy, but was cut off.

“Well then, what is the deal with your hand?” he said persistently.

Draco growled. “If you must know… I was bitten… by a snake.”

The boy recoiled in horror. “Oh, that’s awful!” he exclaimed, but the glint in his eyes belied that statement. He leaned closer again and said, “Can I have a look?”

Draco glared at him and stormed away. He reached the kitchens and tickled the pear carefully, not wanting to vent his anger on the painting for fear that it wouldn’t let him in. Thankfully the handle appeared as usual and Draco opened the door.

He entered the kitchens and looked around unseeingly for a minute. He was surprised when a voice very close to his ear whispered, “I was wondering when you would get here.” Jumping slightly, he turned to find Ginny grinning up at him.

“Nervous, aren’t you, little ferret?” she said, standing on tiptoe to wrap her arms around his neck.

Draco sighed and wound his fingers in her hair, enjoying the feel of it as he calmed himself down. “I swear,” he said firmly, “if anyone else asks me about my hand, I’m going to hex myself. I’m sick of it.”

Ginny chuckled and leaned in to kiss his chin. “That’s too bad. I was kind of getting used to you.”

“Hmm. Well, maybe you can change my mind.”

“Maybe,” Ginny said, placing a teasing kiss on the side of his neck.

Draco put his hand on her waist and kissed her ear. This would definitely take his mind off of things. He used the hand that was already entwined in her hair to tip her head back. He bent forwards, aiming for her mouth, but she pressed a hand to his chest.

“I have something for you first,” she told him, biting her lip.

Draco slumped in disappointment and sighed. He took a step back as she reached into her pocket and hoped that this part would go quickly and they could get back to something a bit more interesting.

Ginny wrapped her fingers around the package and pulled it out, trying not to grin like an idiot in her excitement. The gold paper glinted in the firelight and shot streaks of light over the two of them.

Draco took the package in awe. It was obviously charmed to twinkle more than normal. The golden light was shining in Ginny’s hair, giving the illusion that she was glowing. “Beautiful,” was all he could manage.

Ginny blushed and broke eye contact. “Open it,” she urged.

Draco snapped out of his reverie and pulled off the paper. As soon as he did, the enchantment was ruined. He looked up a little sadly until a pair of Quidditch gloves fell into his hand. “Perfect!” he exclaimed. “I was almost ready for new ones.”

“I thought you’d like them,” Ginny said happily. She was practically jumping up and down with pleasure. “Happy Valentine’s Day!”

Draco laughed and planted a kiss on her lips. “Thank you. I love them. And now,” he said dramatically, “I have something for you. Close your eyes.”

Ginny looked at him suspiciously for a moment, then did as she was told. Draco swept one hand across her cheek as he reached into his pocket. He pulled out her gift and held it in front of her, feeling guilty for not wrapping it. “Okay. Open your eyes.”

Ginny’s gasp of surprise was well worth the worry. Her eyes filled with tears when she saw the silver locket he was holding up. It was in the shape of a little heart, studded with a single emerald and ruby near the middle with a diamond between them, almost as if it was connecting them.

“Draco,” she breathed as she looked up at him. “It’s beautiful.”

Draco turned it around so that she could see the back. “My Everything,” she read aloud. Before she’d even finished, she jumped forward and enveloped him in a crushing hug.

Grunting at the impact, Draco wrapped his arms around her as he tried not to stumble. “I take it you like it,” he mumbled through the red hair that filled his mouth.

Ginny pulled back and met his eyes. “I love it!” She turned around and pulled her hair up off her neck.

Draco, feeling quite pleased with himself, reached around her shoulders and, after planting a kiss on the back of her neck, clasped the locket around it. “Happy Valentine’s,” he whispered.

Ginny turned back to face him, holding up the necklace. She read the inscription again and sighed. “This is wonderful, Draco,” she told him happily.

Draco smirked. “Do I get a kiss now?”

Ginny seemed to ponder this for a minute with a twinkle in her eyes. Then she gripped his collar and pulled him to her.

Draco responded by scooping her up so that her feet hovered just above the floor and proceeded to snog her senseless. They only stopped kissing when they began to feel dizzy from lack of oxygen. He set her down and rested his forehead against hers.

Ginny stared up into his eyes and saw the love plainly evident there. She smiled contentedly and snuggled closer to his chest.

Draco rubbed his hands up and down her back as he held her. She felt so right in his arms. She fit so perfectly that Draco had to wonder how he’d gotten along without her. It seemed ridiculous that someone who so obviously belonged here, leaning up against him, had only just entered his life.

Ginny was having much the same thoughts. She marveled at how comfortable she felt with his arms around her, like they’d been made to fit together; something she’d never felt with Harry. She felt like standing right here, like this, forever.

Draco obviously had other ideas, because he leaned down and nibbled her neck. Ginny moaned and tilted her head back. He captured her lips with his own and kissed her slowly and gently.

Ginny felt her whole body tingle with the sweetness of it. She pressed her fingers into the back of his neck as her knees turned to jelly. His arm tightened around her middle and she melted against him. Feeling that it was a decidedly unfair kiss, she sucked on his lower lip and was gratified to hear him groan. She sneaked her tongue into his mouth and began to do a thorough exploration.

They were soon up against a table that Ginny hadn’t noticed was there and Draco lifted her up onto it. She immediately wrapped her legs around his waist and tugged him closer. Her blood was humming and she wanted to ensure that he was just as affected as she was, so she slid one hand in between them and massaged his chest.

They finally pulled slightly apart, still wrapped tightly around each other, and Draco lifted the locket so that the words engraved on the back were plainly visible. “My everything,” he said huskily. “You are my everything. You saw me when no one else was looking. When no one else cared. I’ve fallen in love with you and I never plan to let you go. You mean more to me than anything.”

Ginny smiled, oddly touched by his sappy little speech. Draco wasn’t one for sentiment and emotion, so this was a big step for him. “I couldn’t have said it better myself,” she told him.

As Draco lay in bed that night, the image of Ginny with golden lights streaming from her hair filled his thoughts. All he could see was her face, shining with pure joy… because of him. It gave him a warm feeling to know he had that effect on someone. Especially since that someone had the exact same effect on him.

Author notes: So, what do you think, my pretties? Was that a good chapter? I hope Draco didn't get OOC with all that sappy love stuff. I tried to keep him snarky, but I'm not sure if I managed that while he was talking about the necklace and what she meant to him. I felt really cheesy... though it was rather fun! Let me know what you think. Right down there, if you don't mind. Thank you to 4everdandg, Nakita, anah492, choravenclaw, and NB72 for their reviews! Loves!

Leave a Review