Draco Malfoy, at only sixteen, is given a seemingly impossible task that will call for him to harness every ounce of wit and courage that he posseses. Hogwarts is no longer safe, with watchful eyes stalking his every move. However, this problematic situation becomes increasingly troublesome as this thorn meets his rose...

Read on for Draco's untold (that is, until now) version of HBP.
Category: Works in Progress
Rating: Not Naughty
Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley
Compliant with: OotP and below
Era: Hogwarts-era
Genres: Action, Drama
Warnings: Character Death
Completed: No
Series: None

Chapters: 7 | Word count: 27089 | Read count: 17973 | Published: Jul 15, 2009 | Updated: Aug 02, 2011
[Report This]

(Reviews - 28) Microsoft Word Printer ePub eBook
Story notes: This story follows the basic Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince outline, but is written in order to, of course, follow the Draco/Ginny intensive guideline. All events in this story are written based PURELY on my imagination and the novels of J.K Rowling, and any similarities to other pieces are PURELY coincedental. Thanks! :)

1. Chapter 1 (Reviews - 8) 2794 words

Thanks for taking the time to read this story! :) Refer to the Story and End Notes for clarifications.

2. Chapter 2 (Reviews - 3) 4408 words

Please note that the geographical position and Muggle to wizard ration of the towns "Little Hangleton" and "Great Hangleton" are quite different in comparison to the HP novels. All changes were made merely in order to simplify the writing process and plot development. It should not be too much of a hindrance. Enjoy :)!

3. Chapter 3 (Reviews - 5) 3376 words

Hello all! Sorry for the late update, but I truly had this chapter ready weeks ago. But due to conflicting schedules, and grammatical errors on my part, I wasn't able to submit it till now. Alright, enough talking :) Hope you enjoy.

4. Chapter 4 (Reviews - 5) 7558 words

Hey guys! I'm really sorry about this long wait, but trust me, this chapter's extremely long (18 pages in Word!). It would have been up sooner, but it wouldn't have included the D/G action that I had promised. Also, portions of this chapter contain dialogue from the actual 6th book in the series. I tried footnoting, but for some reason, the formatting went all haywire. Instead, I’ve placed an asterisk on the appropriate quotes and cited the 6th book at the end. Thanks!

5. Chapter 5 (Reviews - 2) 2467 words

Note that in this chapter, some of the dialogue is taken right out of the 6th book. I’ve cited the quotes where needed.

6. Chapter 6 (Reviews - 1) 2520 words

A/N: Haha, so after a very extended break, I'm (very happily might I mention) back! I lost my computer during this break, and so I had to rewrite the next few chapters. So, the reason that this chapter is so short is that I needed to divide all that I had written into appropriate chapters. I decided that you guys would prefer one short chapter with no D/G action, and then a longer chapter with more D/G narrative, as opposed to one long chapter with a small portion of D/G. Don't worry, for anyone who's wondering, this is very much a D/G centred story; it's coming!

7. Chapter 7 (Reviews - 4) 3966 words

Before you guys read on, I just wanted to clear up two things that I now realize weren't too obvious :) :
1) This story will obviously have to stray from canon in order to include the D/G storyline. Don't fear that you'll be rereading a rewrite of HBP. I'm just providing a backdrop on some of the more Draco related events.
2) To show the connection between this story and HBP, I'm taking quotes out of the original and writing them into this story.In this chapter,I used a significant amount of dialogue (all quotes are cited with an *). Let me know if you guys think this is a bad idea, and if I should just write my own original dialogue. Personally, I like using the dialogue from the book,it makes for more of a "ooh, I see what you've done here!" connection, but I definetly don't want it to come off as plaigarism, which is NOT my intention (you may notice that I've taken out some lines of JKR's origial dialogue, I felt uncomfortable just taking huge chunks of her work haha). Let me know :)