In the midst of war Ginny and Draco stumble upon a love story so beautiful and terrible that it can only be true. How can they learn from it in order to keep history from repeating? Or are they simply doomed to run around in circles forever?
Category: Works in Progress
Rating: Sorta Naughty
Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Other Characters
Compliant with: HBP and below
Era: Hogwarts-era
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Character Death
Completed: No
Series: None

Chapters: 2 | Word count: 15040 | Read count: 4001 | Published: Jul 16, 2009 | Updated: Sep 05, 2009
[Report This]

(Reviews - 11) Microsoft Word Printer ePub eBook
Story notes: I feel like I've been working on this for centuries! Actually it's only been like four or five years, but I suppose a lot has happened in Potterworld since then, huh? Well, I started this after the fourth book, altered it a little until DH (which I was not all that fond of...), and then added more plot points on and actually came up with something I'm kind of proud of. It's written in bits and pieces, but right now I'm trying to pull it all together into a coherent story. Totally compliant through HBP, with some plot points kept intact from DH.

1. Prologue: Nature Boy (Reviews - 9) 5435 words

Some dialogue is stolen from the song "Nature Boy" originally by Nat King Cole, but the David Bowie/Massive Attack version is the one that I was listening to when writing this.

2. Chapter One: The Ache of Love Unrequited (Reviews - 2) 9605 words

Thanks so so much to my Beta, Uma. You inadvertently helped me see that even though the Draco Malfoys of the world are much sexier, and snarky-er, and harmful to my health, that the Harry Potters also deserve to be loved, just not in the same hot and sweaty manner. ;)