My Soul Belongs To You
Chapter 18
Pregnancy Emotions


“Draco, you remember when we got back from Canada how I was avoiding you?” Ginny asked. She had come over to his place and waited until he arrived home.

“Do you need some time alone? I know things aren't going like we would have liked them to,” he said.

“No Draco, it's the opposite, really. I had lunch today with your father,” she informed him.

Draco was surprised by this. “Really?”

“I ran into him when I was picking up some replacement ingredients for the boys. By the way, Al said he was out of Dragon scale, so I guessed Scorpius had run out as well. I picked some up for him, too.” She shook her head, stopping herself so she would get back on topic.

“Thank you,” he replied.

“It was nothing. Anyway, back to your father. Draco, in ten minutes he asked more about the baby, and even my other pregnancies, than you ...”

“Ginny, you are carrying his grandchild; it's normal,” Draco said, trying to reason with her.

“I never said it wasn't! However, your lack of interest in the baby is not normal, and it's beginning to hurt!” Draco knew well enough that she was mad and that she had been stewing.

“What are you talking about, 'my lack of interest in our baby?'”

Ginny started crying; the worst thing for her with all her pregnancies was the amount of crying she did!

This startled Draco. Ginny was never the type to cry when she was mad. “Love, please don't cry.” He reached out and pulled her into his arms.

“Do you even care about this baby?”

“What? Ginny, where is this coming from?” He had pulled her onto his lap.

“You never ask me how things are going!” she sobbed into his chest. “You don't ask if it's the same or different from my others!”

“Ginny, let me tell you something.”

“Okay,” she sobbed.

“You need to stop crying,” he encouraged.

She shook her head. “If I try to stop, it only gets worse. I can still hear you, though.”

“I do care very much about this baby. Do you remember the night we told each other about having to marry Astoria and Harry?”

She nodded.

“When I arrived, you were crying. I had hoped, in that moment, that you were going to tell me that you were pregnant. Had you been, I knew that we could have been together then; at least from my family's perspective. Father would never have allowed his grandchild to be a bastard. It wouldn't have mattered what your name was or anything, but we both know that's not the way it happened. Instead, when I found out you were expecting James, it killed me, just as it did with Albus and Lily. The only woman I ever loved was having children with another man. What was worse was that you were happy! I sound like a selfish bastard here.”

“Yes you do, but I know that's who you are.” She gave him a smile. “How do you know Lucius would have been okay with us then?”

He moved her off his lap and unbuttoned and rolled up his shirt sleeve, revealing his Dark Mark. “Do you know why I took this?”

She didn't reply.

“Ginny, be honest. I have a pretty good idea of what you're about to say. I won't be offended.”

“Once we knew, I think we all believed it was because you really believed in the cause, and that you wanted to be like your father.”

He shook his head. “I did, and somewhat always will. But I saw my father bow down to that thing and it made me sick; truly ill. It changed what I thought of Father, until I was brave enough to speak to him. I couldn't understand, with everything he drilled into me my whole life about being a Malfoy and being better than anyone, why he would ever bow down to a half blood! He explained that it may have seemed he was bowing to Voldemort, but he had had a plan for a every long time. His plan was to let Voldemort lead, come to power, and then get rid of him. If Voldemort failed, Lucius could claim whatever he had to and we would be alright, but if it went the other way, he would have others, people like your family, who did not support Voldemort be thankful he got rid of him.

“Never forget; Father is a master manipulator,” he reminded her. “Father was doing what he had to so that his family would be okay. Family, the Malfoy family specifically, was what he was really bowing to each and every time he bowed to Voldemort. Father and I are very much alike; family means everything. I took this mark to protect both Father and Mother. Who your family is meant nothing next to the fact that you are the mother of my child. I knew that long before I knew of Father's understanding of us.

“I do care about this baby, and you. I just don't know what you want,” he concluded.

“Draco, I need you to be here for me! I'll be open and honest; Harry was there for me, and I loved that! I don't know, it most likely had to do with the fact that he didn't have any real family growing up, but I loved that he was there for everything. Yet, you are hardly ever around! I told Lucius today I was scared that now that you had me, you didn't want me.”

“Merlin, no! Ginny, I'm just scared. I'm not a good person. I don't deserve to be this happy and I'm just waiting for you to be taken from me.”

“Draco, I'm not going anywhere, and for the record; all three of my pregnancies were perfectly normal. That includes the crying over the smallest things. I do need you to be a part of this with me.”

He looked intently at her. “I never meant to upset you, but Ginny, things with us aren't exactly clear. Yes, you're carrying my child, and we're getting married, but what do you want of me? We were going to wait, so do you need me here as a friend who just happens to be the father of the child you're carrying? Or more?”

Ginny realized she didn't know. “I- I'm not sure.”

“How can you expect me to be here for you if you don't know what you need?” he pointed out.

“You're right,” she lamented. “I want you to be around, to ask questions, to be a part of this with me.”

“Are there boundaries? Or rules? I mean, not that long ago you were worried about not being ready for things.”

She thought about this for a moment, then replied, “This does change things for us. I can always be open and honest with you, right?”

“You know you can,” he assured her.

“Can we play it by ear, to see how it goes? If something seems wrong, I will let you know.” She hoped that would work.

He got a playful look on his face. “Can I kiss you?”

She smirked at him. “I always enjoyed when you did that.”

He pulled her into his arms, but only gave her a small peck. “How was that?”

She frowned. “That was, sadly, all wrong.” She paused for effect. “Let's try this.” She climbed onto his lap facing him and dropped her lips down on his with a lot more passion than he put into his kiss.

For the first time in his life, Draco just allowed himself to be kissed and didn't try to take control.

This only annoyed Ginny. She knew that Draco was very aware she was a very sexual person, and as he would soon find out, being pregnant only made her more sexual. As her tongue begged for entrance into his mouth, her hands found his and she placed them on her backside and then ground herself onto him.

After a very good snog fest, a breathless Ginny commented, “I don't think Lily is ready to see anything too intense. I mean, holding hands and cuddling should be alright around her, and if she's in sight, for now only a small kiss at the end of the evening.”

“Are you telling me that's all you and Potter did around the kids?”

“No, however her father hasn't been gone a year. I think all three kids need a little more time to adjust. And for the record, Harry and I agreed that the children, Lily mostly, needed to see a normal, healthy relationship. That meant that everything was proper, but if we were in the kitchen and one of the kids walked in on a nice snog, it was, and is, no big deal. We never hid the fact that we loved each other and were attracted to each other. I feel girls, more than boys, need to see that done with respect to each other. It gives them an example of what to expect for how they should be treated in a normal, healthy relationship.”



When spring break came, James chose to stay at school and Ginny was hurt, but Draco, George, Bill, and Charlie all told her to just give him more time. Therefore, Ginny, Lily, and Albus spent time with Draco and Scorpius. Ginny was quite touched to see Scorpius including Lily in their activities.

Draco was over one day and the three children were off 'hanging out.' Ginny was sitting on the chesterfield with Draco's head in her lap, his ear pressed against her belly. “He's telling me he knows he has the most beautiful mother.”

Ginny was running her fingers through his hair and she allowed an eyebrow to rise. “He? You think it's a boy?”

“Of course it is. Malfoys only have sons.”

She smiled at him. “Someone told Mum once that Weasleys only have sons. I guess that means either that type of thinking is wrong, or Mum has spent all her life in love with someone else and the one time they were together, she got pregnant! No, wait! I know; some Muggle teenage girl left a baby on Mum's doorstep and Dad was just so used to her being pregnant that when he came home to find another baby he never gave it a thought!” she said, laughing heartily.

“If you weren't carrying my son, I would have to turn you over my knee,” he warned.

“But I might like that!”

He shook his head. “What am I going to do with you?”

She smirked at him. “I have a few ideas; should I draw pictures, or just write them out in explicit detail?”

“Okay, our children are somewhere in this house and could walk in at any moment, so I'm changing the subject. I was thinking that this house will always be yours and Harry's home. You understand why I can't live here, right?”

“I knew this was coming,” Ginny muttered.

“I was thinking that the house could do some good. What if it was turned into a museum for Harry and his life? I've heard you say Potter hated how he came off in the press, so use the house to tell his story in a way he would want to be presented.”

“Who are you and where did Draco go?” Ginny asked.

“I think it's a brilliant idea!” Lily said, standing in the doorway.


A month later, Lucius was walking down a hall in the Manor when Ginny came storming out of a room. One look at the woman told him Draco was in serious trouble! He approached with caution. “Ginevra, is something wrong?”

“He is the most insensitive, pig-headed man I have ever met!” she fumed.

Lucius could see Draco standing in the doorway a few feet away. Lucius however could not resist temptation. “What did he do now?”

“I think it's what I would not do,” Draco commented.

Ginny looked back at him with a scary glare, then over at Lucius with a seductive smile. She stepped closer to her father-in-law to be and smiled wider as she said, “Lucius, you're a man,” she stepped closer yet, then rose up on her tiptoes to whisper to him, “Would you please tell Draco that there is no reason he can't take care of my sexual needs!”

Lucius' eyebrows rose as he looked over at Draco, who was completely unsure of what Ginny had said to his father.

Ginny moved away from him and then Apparated away.

Lucius came closer to his son. “You must be the only man in all of time to be in the doghouse for this. Draco, there's no reason you shouldn't be enjoying the attention she wants now.”

“Father, she's carrying my child!”

“Yes Draco, and while your late wife couldn't risk relations, Ginevra is nothing like her. Trust me, enjoy what she's offering because before you know it, the baby will be here and the only attention you'll get is when she wants you to hold the baby for a minute while she uses the loo.”

Draco looked surprised. “But...”

Lucius continued, “She's not your late wife. I also take it you haven't talked about a nanny yet. I would advise against it; Ginevra is more the hands on type.”

Author notes: Please leave me a review... I received my first REALLY flame for a story that can not be posted on this site and need some reassurance. I know I'm pathetic!

Leave a Review