My Soul Belongs To You
Chapter 20
Two Souls Combine


The summer moved quickly and before Ginny knew it, it was the week before the kids returned to school. Before that, on the last weekend, she and Draco were getting married. They decided on a very private ceremony up at the Malfoy estate in the Canadian Rockies. It was only going to be them, their parents, and the children. Molly and Arthur would Apparate to the estate right before the ceremony, but Ginny, Draco, and the children went over the day before.

James had come around, but only slightly. “You may have dragged me here, but I'm not going to pretend like this is something I'm happy about,” he grumbled.

Even though Ginny knew how he felt, she had hoped he might change his mind. She was still hurt, but instead of crying, she smiled at him. “I understand your feelings about this, James. I respect you enough to not force you.”

She then left his room and walked into hers. Draco was sitting in a chair in the room. “No change?”

Ginny shook her head and walked over to her suitcase that was on the bed.

“I'm sorry. Do you want me to talk to him?”

“No,” she said in a whisper. She opened the case as she continued, “He is his own person and this is his choice.”

Draco watched as Ginny emptied the last of what the case contained and put away the last few things. “Where did I put it?” she said to herself. Draco smirked; he knew that Ginny still talked to herself, even after all these years. Draco could hardly believe that by this time tomorrow, Ginny would finally be his wife. She might not look the same as she did when they were first together, and honestly right now she looked like she swallowed a beach ball, but she was still the single most beautiful woman he had ever known. At least to him. He took a minute to reflect on the changes to her appearance over the years. “Harry,” she muttered.

Draco looked up and saw her body shake with a sob. He was on his feet and standing behind her in a second. “What is it, love?”

In her hands she held a couple of pieces of Ministry notepad paper. “I forgot where I had put this. It's the letter I received that Harry wrote to me after we found out he was dying,” she paused. “I was unpacking from our trip when I got the letter and I must have left it in here. I don't know how I missed it.”

Draco was unsure of what to say. “Ginny?”

“I'm fine, I just wasn't expecting to find it, that's all.”

He took a long moment to look in her eyes.

“So,” she smiled, “what are you going to do on your last night as a single man?”

He smirked. “Well, I was thinking about shagging this hot little redhead I know.”

“Really? Do I know her? Because while my hair might be red, I know I'm not little!”


The next morning, between flower arrangements being put in place and the bride-to-be stopping to use the loo at least ten times, Draco stopped by James' room. “Can I have a word with you?” Draco asked.

James looked at him like he was the scum of the earth, but replied, “Fine.”

“James, I remember the first time I met your father. Most people think it was on the train to Hogwarts or even shortly before we were Sorted. It was not; I first met him in Madam Malkin's. Honestly, I knew he didn't like me, and I can't say I blame him. However, I hated him for not liking me! I was Draco Malfoy! A Malfoy! Everyone liked us, or so I thought. They liked the power and the money. My point is, I expected him, not knowing who he was, to like me. As you know, he and I never got along.”

James looked like he would rather spend his whole summer with Professor Binns.

“The thing is James, I get that you don't like me, and I do understand it. But I want you to hear me; I have loved your mother for more than half of my life. Most of that time, I only ever saw her once in an odd while, but my feelings for her never changed. James, your behavior up to now won't change that.”

“You couldn't have just left her alone all those years?” the boy asked.

“Honestly James, I only sought her out four times; after she married your father, once when I thought she was in trouble, once to say I was sorry for some comment I had made, and once for my own selfish reasons. Any other time was purely by chance.”

“I remember a couple of times; once at the playground and once when Scorpius got lost.”

“Then you know that it was not inappropriate. Look James, I love her and I will never stand by and let her be hurt. Which is why I'm here. James, you're hurting her. Do you know how it makes her feel that you won't come today?”

“I can't! Dad would never forgive me if I didn't let my objection be known!”

“Fine, James. I'll leave it. Your mum found this last night, and I think you should have it.” Draco pulled out the letter Harry had written Ginny. James reached out for it. Draco looked the boy in the eyes. “I don't know what it says.”


They were getting married outside, facing the lake. Lily was Ginny's only bridesmaid and Molly would be the official witness. Lily had already walked down the aisle. Albus was standing next to his mother since he was giving her away. Ginny felt that it was more her children's right than her father's at this point in her life. As Lily took her place, Ginny heard a voice. “Al, go sit down. I'm the oldest; this is my job.”

Ginny looked over to see James standing behind her in his dress robes. “You changed your mind?”

“Dad changed my mind.” He held up the letter from Harry.

“How?” Ginny asked.

The boy rolled his eyes. “Draco.”

Ginny smiled.

“If Dad is really all right with this, I can't go against his wishes.”

Ginny grabbed hold of James and hugged him as she started crying.

“Dad would want me to tell you to look beautiful, Mum.”

Ginny pulled away. “You're sure about this? You don't have to if you don't want to.”

“Let's get you down there; it will take forever at the rate you walk.”


Draco watched Lily walk down and step off to the side. She really did look like her mother at that same age. Then Draco was caught off guard when Albus came down alone. He raised an eyebrow in question.

“She might be a minute,” Albus whispered, then went to sit with his grandparents.

“Al, over here next to Scorpius,” Draco ordered. Al did as he was told.

After a minute or two, Ginny and James stepped into view. She looked perfect. Her hair was wild and free, just like her. She wore a tee length, off-white dress made of soft chiffon. She carried a small bouquet of red roses and white hydrangeas.



Draco began, “Ginevra, I have spent 21 years in love with you, loving you. Now, as of today, I will never have to be apart from you. So I am willing, and wanting, to make these vows to you...”




“Welcome to the family!” Arthur said to Draco.

Draco politely smiled and nodded, but as Arthur walked away, Draco viciously whispered to Ginny, “Just what I always wanted, to be part of a family of blood traitors!”

“And I'm jumping for joy about having Death Eater scum for my husband,” Ginny retorted.

Draco wrapped an arm around her. “You're getting me turned on, Mrs. Malfoy!”

She smirked at her husband. “That was the plan.”



Draco stood back several feet from Ginny as she spoke to her children. They had spent the night before apart. Ginny and the kids spent their last night in the Potter home. Draco knew that Ginny needed to do this alone; it was her final step in grieving for Harry.

He watched as she tearfully kissed Lily one more time, but he couldn't hear what she was saying. Lily climbed on the train and Ginny turned to Albus to speak to him.


“Draco?” He looked down and saw Lily standing in front of him.

“I thought you got on the train!” he said, clearly surprised.

“I couldn't, not just yet. You promise you'll Floo as soon as the baby arrives? No matter how late?”

Draco nodded. “I won't rest until I have talked to you and the boys. You have my word.”

“And you'll speak to the Headmaster about us coming home that weekend?”

“Of course, Lily! I gave you my word.”

“Thanks, Draco.” She smiled and gave him a hug. “Bye, Draco!” She then ran back to the train.

Draco continued to watch until the train was long gone, and it was only he and his wife left on the platform. He then walked over to her and gently placed his arm around her. “Did he come?” he asked in reference to Harry spirit.

Ginny nodded, not sure of her own voice.

“You ready to go and face the world now?” he asked.

She smiled at him and wrapped her arm around his waist. “Only because I have you.”


“Congratulations! It's a girl!” the healer said as she placed the bloody baby on Ginny's chest.

“We have a daughter!”

“No, dear. She's a Malfoy; we have a princess!” Ginny corrected Draco. They had just put the kids on the train a week earlier.

“I'm so proud of you, Ginevra,” Draco whispered. After the new family spent a few minutes bonding, the baby was taken to be cleaned up. “How are you feeling?” Draco asked, only to notice his wife was passed out. “Healer! Healer! Something's wrong!” he exclaimed, panicked.

“Mr. Malfoy, if you'll step out, please. I'm sure she's fine, but I'll check her again.” The aide came and handed him the baby.

Once Draco was pushed out of his own bedroom, he looked down at his daughter. She had his white blond hair. “What are we going to do without her?” he asked.

Both sets of grandparents had been waiting for word. Both Lucius and Molly rushed to Draco's side. “What happened?” Molly asked.

“It's Ginny! She was fine one minute and the next she passed out. She didn't even move when I called for the healer. They said she was fine, but...” Draco couldn't even voice it.

Molly took her newest granddaughter from him. “Draco, she will be fine. Giving birth is a lot of hard work! I'll leave you two.” She then took the baby out of the room.

Lucius looked at Draco. “I can't lose her now!” he whispered to Lucius.

“Draco, she's fine. This is normal.”

“No, it's not! Astoria never...”

“Draco, she did. For all the attention you paid Astoria in the hours after Scorpius was born, the woman could have shagged every wizard in Great Britain and you wouldn't have noticed. You're noticing with Ginny because you love her.”

The healer and aide then stepped out of Ginny's room. The healer looked at Draco. “Mr. Malfoy, your wife just needs rest. Trust me, that was no easy task what she just did. Now, as I'm sure her mother can tell you, you let her sleep as long as she needs. A bottle for the baby is fine until she wakes up. But Ginny knows all of this. I'm very happy for you both, and have a good night.”

“While you Floo Hogwarts, I'll check on my granddaughter,” Lucius said to his son.


Lucius Malfoy stood watching her hold their granddaughter. She was still as attractive as the day he met her. He smiled to himself, remembering that day. He then walked over to the rocking chair. “I see I have never been wrong. Malfoy and Prewett blood mixing is a good thing.”

She looked up at him with her warm, brown eyes. “She is stunning.”

He took his granddaughter from her and looked closer at the baby, but spoke to Molly, “Have you truly been happy all these years?” It was the first time in almost 45 years they had been alone together.

“Lucius,” she shook her head, “don't go there.” She changed the subject. “You've been supporting Draco and Ginny for years.”

“I had to.”

“Yes, Lucius. Any other way we would have only ended up hating each other in the end,” she answered the earlier question.

Author notes: A/N Yes, Draco has been rather clueless for a man who already has a child, but the point I hope came across is that he had little interest in his late wife, and therefore really never paid attention, other than when things went wrong.

So ends this story. Thanks to all of those who reviewed; you guys are the best! This story didn't get the number of reviews I had hoped for, but that's alright. I have plans for another story with LOTS of Draco/Harry fighting for Ginny. Hopefully, you all will read that!

The End.
eveil woman is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 32 members. Members who liked My Soul Belongs To You also liked 1068 other stories.
This story is part of the series, My Soul. The previous story in the series is The Reason For The Reply.
Leave a Review