Malfoys do not cry. Draco Malfoy learnt this unshakable rule at the tender age of three. Draco's mother was holding a luncheon with some of her closest friends. Draco was playing near them on a child's broom that could hover about a metre in the air. From this lofty height, Draco was zipping around the garden in glee. To prove his prowess as a Quidditch player he took his hands off the broom, like one player had done after the Scotland versus Holland match he had seen last week. Unfortunately, unlike the Quidditch player, he had not stayed on his broom with his arms raised in victory. No, Draco had fallen into the garden and skinned his knee. Now, Draco knew his daddy had said not to cry, but it hurt so much. He just wanted his mummy to come and make it go away. She didn't. Instead, a house-elf came and led him to the kitchen where she cleaned up his knee and repaired the skin. Draco was then sent to his room for disobeying his father’s orders about crying. His mother came in later that night, just before bedtime, and told Draco how very disappointed she was that he had behaved so poorly in front of her guests. Draco never forgot what she had said to him, ‘Malfoys do not show weakness’.

When Draco was scared about starting school at Hogwarts he did not cry or even tell anyone about his fears. Instead, he bottled it up inside of himself and became friends with children who he knew would be in his year. Draco did not like people in general. Being an only child meant that he rarely met and played with other children. But Draco made an effort, not only to know these children, but to be in control of them. Malfoys do not show weakness.

When Draco was punched in the face by that damn Mudblood Granger he did not cry or even complain while Madam Pomfrey fixed his nose. He even refused to take the pain potion that most students used. Instead, Draco planned a devious plot to get back at the Golden Trio, especially that Granger girl. Malfoys do not show weakness.

When Draco felt the ‘Crucio’ curse for the first time he did not cry or even scream. Draco was being punished because his father had done something to displease the Dark Lord. In a rare moment of misjudgment, the Dark Lord had presumed that the most effective way of hurting Lucius would be to torture Draco. The Dark Lord was wrong. Lucius supported this theory by begging the Dark Lord to use him instead. But Draco knew, because his father had told him, that Lucius was happy that his son was being tortured in his place. When it was finished Draco stood up slowly and walked to his place. He did not let his knees buckle and he held his back up straight. Malfoys do not show weakness.

When Draco fell in love for the first time he did not cry or even tell the girl that he loved her. She was a weakness and Malfoys do not show weakness. Draco was very surprised that he could feel an emotion like love. He had thought that he was incapable of feeling a sensation as overpowering and protective as he felt for the Weasley girl.

When Ginny Weasley pushed Draco up against a wall and kissed him patiently he kissed her back. He did not try to stop himself or push her away. He did not think of stopping because although she was a weakness, he needed her. Everyone had gone very quiet when they broke apart and he heard mutters all around the room. Then he saw the Golden Trio moving through the crowd towards him and Ginny. When she held his hand and stood up to her brother, Draco's heart wept with joy.

When Draco joined The Order his parents were killed by the Dark Lord. Draco did not even think of crying. Ginny found this barbaric. When Mr. Weasley was hit by a curse and had to stay in hospital for a week Draco sat at his beside for hours. They talked about Quidditch and the War but most of all, they talked about Ginny. When Mrs. Weasley was sick, Draco made her a Pepperup Potion. She was the first woman, besides Ginny, who had given him a hug. When Bill and Fleur got married
Draco arranged their honeymoon. Bill had given him his first taste of Muggle alcohol. Draco knew who his true family was.

When Ginny gave birth to their daughter Draco cried. He had fallen in love for the second time. Draco's daughter had Ginny's hair and Draco's nose. She was beautiful. Even Harry stopped making jokes about pink hair when he saw Draco's daughter. Mrs. Weasley stopped muttering about children born out of wedlock and people being too young to have children when she saw her granddaughter. Draco held his child for the first twenty four hours of her life. He kept her close to his heart and vowed to be a better father than his had been.

When Ginny married Draco he cried. They exchanged vows in Grimmauld Place, hours before the battle would begin. Their daughter lay in Ginny's arms and they wore their oldest clothes. Draco promised Ginny that when the War ended, they would have a proper ceremony and she would wear a white dress. Ginny told him that this was a proper ceremony and then she kissed him patiently. She told him that she loved him.

When Ginny died fighting in the battle that had defeated Voldemort, Draco didn't cry, he wailed. He yelled at the world for its injustice and unfairness. Ginny deserved to live with him, their daughter and the child in her womb. His daughter and unborn child deserved to live and be happy with their mother and father. Draco stood over Ginny's grave and he cried loudly with his two year old daughter in his arms. His daughter cried with him because sometimes even Malfoys need to cry.
The End.
Januarybaby is the author of 10 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Malfoys Do Not Show Weakness also liked 521 other stories.
Leave a Review