"The war made corpses out of us children. It made graves out of the earth."
Category: Completed Short Stories
Rating: Definitely Naughty
Characters: Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Lucius Malfoy
Compliant with: HBP and below
Era: Hogwarts-era
Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Blood, Character Death, Graphic Violence, Non-consensual sex
Completed: Yes
Series: None

Chapters: 1 | Word count: 1571 | Read count: 1152 | Published: May 12, 2010 | Updated: May 13, 2010
[Report This]

(Reviews - 13) Microsoft Word Printer ePub eBook
Story notes: Written in response to Incognito's challenge on the DG Forum.

Lia's Avant-Garde Challenge

You never thought there'd come a time when you were forced (okay--given the option) to write something unconventional. Well, my dears, that time is nigh. And before you get your knickers in a twist, I assure you that this challenge is not nearly as daunting as it looks. All I want you to do is write something that you have never written before.

'What do you mean?' you ask.

I mean, try something new--something different from what you normally write. Be daring. Stray from (your) conventional mould. Do you always write fluff? Try your hand at angst. Do you ordinarily focus on Draco? Well, throw the spotlight on Ginny this time. Have you never written in the first person? Start now. See? Not so bad. If you want to write something completely 'out there', do that too.

All I ask is that you be creative and follow the simple rules below:

1. It must be D/G oriented.

2. It must have a T-M rating.

3. You must use at least one of the following phrases in your story: 'there's something about your eyes', 'we're all born innocent', or 'you're a beautiful, f u c k e d up man' (replace 'man' with 'woman' or 'girl' if you wish to address the other gender).

4. It must be 1,000 words in length, minimum (this is not including author notes).

5. It must be beta'd.

6. You must post it on FIA as well as FFN--it's time to get over your fears, ladies (just be glad that I'm not making you submit to MNFF).

1. Chapter 1 (Reviews - 13) 1571 words

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Potter Universe, nor am I getting paid.

Many thanks to Incognito and Aerileigh (who, incidentally, might not remember looking at this) for beta-ing for me.