Eight Days A Week
By Bunny

Brief AN: (Make sure you read it this time because I’m only going to say this once.) This is my first and most likely only HP fanfiction story. It’s actually only my third fanfiction story ever, but if my RK readers knew I was writing and hadn’t updated How the Past can Change, I would probably be tortured to death.

I was never really planning on writing a HP fanfic, but this idea got in my head and I couldn’t get it out until I took the time to sit down and write it all out. Since I took the time to write it, I figured I should share. Who knows? Perhaps a couple of other Draco/Ginny fans will read it and enjoy it too.

I tried really hard to keep both characters in character, since I have a tendency to write OOC. I really like Draco/Ginny stories best when they are in character, so I tired to do that, but I don’t know how well I did on that. No promises. And I don’t want any complaints if they aren’t in character either. I tried my best ok? *Dodges rotten tomatoes. *

Disclaimer: The characters and settings of Harry Potter DO NOT BELONG TO ME. They belong to J.K. Rowling. I’m just using them for my own amusement and the amusement of other fans that like the Draco/Ginny pairing. “Eight Days A Week” is a lovely song that belongs to The Beatles. It was written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney.

Chapter One – She Said…

If I said that I had an interesting relationship with Draco Malfoy, it would be a gross understatement. Not that the relationship we have is really much of anything that one would refer to as a relationship. Allow me to explain.

I’ve known Draco Malfoy for my whole life. While I’m sure there are meetings we had at a very young age that I don’t remember, I do remember our meetings…all of them. Being that both of our fathers work for the Ministry of Magic, from very young ages we’ve been forced to see each other. Thankfully it didn’t usually involve us spending much time together as our fathers worked in different departments, but it still did involve interaction.

When I began attending school at Hogwarts, it got worse.

Every day I had to see him, and from the moment he was reminded of my existence at Flourish and Blotts just before my first year, our hostile encounters increased. I’m not sure really why that is. Not that Malfoy and I ever got along before my first year, because we didn’t, but he was never as mean and nasty to me as he was to my older brother Ron. In fact, after years of experience with the male species, I would classify his behavior towards me before that day in Flourish and Blotts as the type where a boy likes a girl and teases her to hide it. Not that I really believe that was the case, I doubt Malfoy has ever really liked anybody beside himself, but that was how he treated me.

But this year, his nastiness towards me is in a whole different dimension. I would like to say first hand that I blame this all on my brother Ron, his best friend Harry Potter, and his girlfriend Hermione Granger. It’s their fault that I got involved in their latest crusade to save the world last year. Don’t get me wrong, I was happy to help, I was even hoping that Harry would finally notice me. But it was because of them that I got involved in their mess, and because I got involved, I now have increased problems with Draco Malfoy. So they get the blame. Beautiful reasoning on my part wouldn’t you agree?

To make a long story short, let’s just say that Malfoy and I had an…encounter last year. It resulted in me hexing him with a very nasty hex that I learned from my older brother Fred. A hex that has since forth, caused him to have a personal vendetta against me. Since the beginning of term the two of us have fought like cats and dogs. His retribution has been fierce, and constant. It’s as if he won’t ever be satisfied with getting me back…not that he really has. Although that’s not for lack of effort on his part, he’s certainly tried to get me back. He just hasn’t really succeeded. His largest mistake on what I like to refer to as “Project Ambush Ginny” is that he relies solely on his verbal assaults. Doesn’t really work much on me. I did grow up with six older brothers who love to tease me after all…especially in front of my friends. So this tactic never got Malfoy the desired results. Well, that and the fact that I’ve also sharpened my own verbal attack skills, and have proceeded to give out as well as I’ve gotten. If fact, I would go so far as to say that the two of us have unofficially declared war on each other. That changed today though. He took it too far…much too far. Add on the weird questions from Luna today, and you’ll understand what I’m talking about.

This morning, I was ambling down the corridor, with my good chum Luna Lovegood on our way to Charms class, which we happily had together…

“Ginny.” Luna said to get my attention.

“Yes Luna?” I asked.

“I want you to be completely and perfectly honest with me,” she said.

I stopped walking and gave Luna a Look. Luna stopped and looked back at me.

“Miss Lovegood, do tell me when I haven’t ever been completely and perfectly honest with you.” I replied with an indignant huff.

Luna shrugged and said, “Don’t take it like that Ginny, it’s just that this is a really important question and I need you to be completely honest with me when you answer me.”

Now getting a bit nervous about what her question was, I said warily, “Ok, Luna…what is it?”

“Are you in love with Draco Malfoy?” she asked with a bored look on her face.

In complete shock, I stood there and blinked at her for a few moments. Leave it to Luna to come up with the most insane notions, and then speak of them as if they were every day matters. Then reminding myself exactly what she was suggesting, I blew up.

“DRACO MALFOY!?!?!?!!” I yelled.

Before Luna could respond, the person we were discussing answered, “screaming my name out again Ginny love? You know, people are going to start to talk if you don’t learn to keep these things in the bedroom and out of the school hallways.”

Rolling my eyes at Luna, I turned to face him with my best imitation of his own usual sneer. I had recently taken to doing that to him, it seemed to annoy him immensely, which as I’m sure you can imagine brought me great pleasure. Anything to torment the overgrown ferret was a good thing. Noting that upon seeing my face, his sardonic grin turned into a scowl, I was satisfied that my sneer had brought the desired results.

“Draco darling, I think we’d have much greater worries if you think I would be screaming out your full name in the bedroom. Really, you should use your head a bit next time you try to come up with some sort of sexual innuendo.” I drawled back at him.

Quick on the draw, Malfoy snapped back, “Well, I suppose you would be an expert on these matters, I mean after all you aren’t anything more than a good for nothing slag.”

Outraged that he would go as far as to call me an outright whore, I stomped the five-foot distance separating us and punched him in the jaw.

Malfoy howled and fell over cursing me from London to Beijing.

Withdrawing my wand from my pocket I aimed it at his large form on the floor and said, “keep it up with the names Ferret and I’ll curse your balls off!”

“You don’t even know how to do that!” he retorted, his expression promising a long painful death.

“Why don’t you keep it up and find out then Malfoy? I wouldn’t have any objections to ending your family line right here!” I snapped back.

“More like you’d rather help me in continuing it. I mean really Weasley; this whole school knows you want to jump my bones.”

“They WHAT!?” I blew up in complete disbelief. Mind you, normally I would have brushed a comment like that off as Malfoy making up stories, but with Luna’s weird question just before Malfoy came along, I was feeling a bit insecure.

Before he could elaborate, Luna grabbed me from behind and began forcefully dragging me down the hallway towards classes saying that if we didn’t go now, not only would I get in trouble for fighting in the halls, but we would also be late for class.

“We’re not finished Weaselette!” I heard Malfoy yell as Luna and I made our way around the corner to the next hallway.

I growled to myself as Luna and I made our way into the classroom and sat down, preparing for class to start.

The nerve of that man, insinuating that I would want to…I stopped thinking about that before I let myself get carried away. I. Am. Going. To. Kill. Him. I had decided. This unofficial war just became official. He was right about one thing…this definitely isn’t over.

AN: If you liked it, please take a few seconds to leave me a quick review. I would really like to know even if people are just reading it or even if it’s something very brief like “I like it”. Thanks! --bunny
Leave a Review