Eight Days A Week
By: Bunny

Chapter Four – He Avoided…

She was stalking me. There was no other way to put it. She was stalking me, and I was terrified. I couldn’t even take the time to process what was happening to me, only that she was stalking me, and that I didn’t know what to say to her, so I ran. I ran and I hid, or I stayed in my dorm room. I took the long back routes through the hallways to get to my classes. I interrogated everyone in the Slytherin dorms to find out about secret passages to use to avoid her pathways. Anything I could do to keep myself from having a confrontation with her, I did it. I think everyone thought I had finally gone mad. Most of my dorm mates concluded it had something to do with my Father. Oh, if they only knew…

Why the daft woman felt she needed to stalk me was beyond me, but I didn’t like it. Not one bit. I felt like I was being hunted, and I wasn’t at all pleased with that sudden role reversal either. I was the hunter. I was the one with the secret obsession.

I wasn’t even sure what she wanted to say or ask, but my gut was telling me it was a conversation I didn’t want to have. I started counting off the days until winter holiday when I would be going home, and I wouldn’t have to avoid her all the time. It was hard work. The Weaselette knew her stuff, and she knew the castle well. She was also a stubborn little bint, and persistent too.

It was my fault for letting my guard down that day. That Day. The day everything changed. I knew things would never be the same, and oh…I was terrified to find out where they were going. And it was Ginny’s fault for saying what she said to me. Even if she was only joking the accuracy of her joke to reality was so spot on, I was momentarily stunned. So stunned that for a brief moment, I thought I had been discovered and I dropped her off of my broom.

I’ve never been so frightened for another person’s life. My heart actually stopped, and I was so scared that I did some of the best flying and maneuvering I have ever done in my whole life. In case you weren’t aware, that’s saying something. I happen to be an amazing flyer. But none of that matters now. No, I was so shaken up, that I let my guard down and I apologized to the Weaselette, and she had been perceptive enough to pick up something.

I’m not sure what she’s figured out in that fiery head of hers, but I know it can’t be good for me.

Unfortunately, as much as I hated this, I reveled in it. I had her complete attention. I had her attention all the time, all day, and I knew it. I was consuming her thoughts for once, and I loved it. I saw a whole new side to Ginny, and it made me love her even more. I loved that she was so determined. I loved the means and measures she went about trying to find me. It pleased me greatly knowing that I knew a side of her now that few knew even existed. Possibly only myself, and her older brothers Fred and George knew about this side of her. Never did see something get past those twins. She would have made a damn good Slytherin, of that I’m sure. I’ve never heard of a Gryff that could be so sneaky and cunning.

I resorted to sneaking all of my meals through the kitchens. Eating in the great hall placed too high of a risk on confrontation. A plus side to that was that I was able to special request every meal from the Hogwarts house elves. It was almost like living at home, minus the fanatical Dark Lord supporter and the suffocated mother that rarely fought back. Not that those things were still like that at home mind you. Mother had improved greatly since Father was imprisoned, and was almost back to her old self. But it was kind-of homey to me to be waited on like that.

As I feared, my sixth sense when it came to her escaped me one day. It had been a little over a week since our hide-and-seek game had begun, and being in the completely secure Slytherin prefect’s bathroom, I had let my guard down. Something I really needed to work on regarding the girl Weasel if I wanted to live much longer.

Somehow the sneaky little Gryff had gained passage into the bathroom and I was completely cornered. I stared up at her in awe of her stalking skills and admired her wisdom for grabbing my discarded clothing before alerting me of her presence. Secondly, I found myself quite thankful that I had decided to have bubbles in the bath that day, as I usually went without. Not that I would have horribly minded to not have the cloak the bubbles provided for me, but it would have certainly put me at more of a disadvantage. I like to have the advantage, and I definitely had the disadvantage, so anything that reminded me my situation could have been worse, helped.

“So Malfoy. Do you want to explain to me why I had to resort to sneaking into the Slytherin prefect’s bath to have a chat with you?” she began, her irritation at having to chase me all week already showing. What an amateur I scoffed to myself. Didn’t she know that effective interrogation included showing no emotions whatsoever?

I sneered at her and said, “I don’t have any idea what you are talking about.”

She swung her arms about whipping my clothing in a frenzied circle, her face turning red in her apparent frustration and snapped, “Oh, come off it Malfoy! You’ve been avoiding me! It’s so obvious!”

Damn she is sexy when she is angry. Trying to appear nonchalant about the whole situation, I absently looked at my nails, as if checking to see if they needed a trim. “Is that so?” I drawled.

My attempts at dodging her questions seemed to tick her off even more because she promptly kneeled down at the edge of the tub and before I realized her intent, splashed a great deal of water in my face.

“Hey!” I yelled. Outraged that anyone would dare to do such a thing, I grabbed at her, trying to drag her into the tub with me. What sweet revenge it would be to get her all soaked in her school uniform and robes. I would love to see what she looked like all wet, and alone with me in the prefect’s bath anyways. It was a win-win situation so far as I could tell.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t meant to be. She was too quick for me, and was a safe distance from the edge of the tub by the time I reached where she had been kneeling.

“Are you going to talk to me now, or are we going to play more games?” she asked impatiently.

“I suppose we’re going to play more games.” I responded a bit huskily. I couldn’t help it. I was still thinking about a wet Ginny in the bath with me.

She didn’t notice though, because she just growled and pulled at her hair with her free hand a bit, the other still grasping my clothes in a death grip. Turning fiery eyes towards me, she exclaimed in complete frustration, “You are so impossible sometimes!”

I smirked. “As if you would know.”

Instead of backing down though, she ranted on me. “Of course I would know!” she yelled pointing to herself for emphasis. “I’ve only known you for what – my whole freaking life! All you’ve ever done is be mean and nasty, or played mind games with me!” she continued.

“I-“ I tried to interject, but with a quick heated glare she stopped me in my tracks, conveying that she would have none of that. Once she got started, there was no stopping her.

I found myself wondering fleetingly if she would frighten our children ranting as she is wont to do, or if it would be her fiery temper that kept them in line since they would most likely be bad and rotten like me. Or at the very least mischievous and cunning like Ginny. Realizing what I was thinking, I shut my mouth firmly and determined to let her rant all she wanted. I didn’t want to say anything that would lead her to believe I was thinking that far ahead. Actually, I didn’t want her to believe I was thinking anything even distantly close to what I was thinking.

I also didn’t need her to know that I liked her all heated up and angry, which was even more likely to slip should I inject my thoughts. That would just give her a stronger advantage, and while I don’t like not having the advantage, I certainly NEVER give more of the advantage to others, even if it is Ginny Weasley. No, I concluded, my best course of action at the moment was silence.

“Then-then you had to go and-and like the freaking Beatles! And then you saved me. Then you dropped me because I joked that you were secretly in love with me, and then you-you-you got my broom for me and you smiled at me! And now I don’t know what the hell I think about you anymore!” she finally finished. Processing what she had said, she gasped and placed both hands over her mouth, as if she was trying to force herself to stop talking.

I felt my own eyes involuntarily widen in surprise at her words and I turned my head quickly to make contact with her eyes to see if what she was saying was the truth.

I met startled amber eyes and then before I could even open my mouth to reply, she dropped my clothes on the floor and ran out of the bathroom.

To be continued…
Leave a Review