Harry Potter! Here, at my home! I looked carefully at his swollen face and yes, it's clearly him. I don't even need to look at the Mudblood and the Weasel he brought with him to know. I'm guessing the swelling is her work.

“Draco, is it him?” my father asks. He, Father, is desperate to find redemption in the Dark Lord's eyes. At this point, that's our only hope; for the Dark Lord to win this war and for the Malfoys to find favor with him again.

Giving him Harry Potter would certainly be our ticket! Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger would just be added bonuses. I know that they will all be killed. Personally, I don't care for them, but I know how these three deaths would affect her. It would break her for sure.

She is naturally close to her brother. He was her first friend. They both grew up hearing they were too little for things. He's the youngest boy, she's the youngest, and only, girl. She's always been overprotected, at least until this year. For the first time ever, there are no brothers keeping an eye on her. It's almost funny that when she needs the protection the most, there's no one near.

I wonder what the family would do if they had seen her like I have; covered in black and blue marks from another detention. She pretends they're not there. I pretend I don't see them for her, but when she falls asleep, if she can relax enough, I heal what I can of them.

I'll never forget the first time they were more than bruises.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback

I met her in the Astronomy Tower and could tell immediately she wasn't wearing a bra. Was this some kind of subconscious message? I wrapped my arms around her and she hissed in pain and pulled away.

“Ginny, what is it?” I asked.

“Nothing. Just some sore muscles. You know, from a hard practice last night. Anyway, I should be going, I have a lot of homework,” she explained, trying to excuse herself.

“You didn't have practice last night! You had another detention, didn't you?” I exclaimed.

“I was at practice,” she insisted, trying to convince me.

“Ginny, the Slytherins had practice last night,” I reminded her.

“I have to go,” she whispered quickly. She grabbed her book bag and pulled it over her shoulder. I heard her whimper of discomfort.

“Ginny, you can go after I rub your sore muscles. You'll never get any homework done in the pain you're in,” I offered.

She turned and smiled at me. “Draco, thanks for the offer, but I don't have time. I only came to tell you that I'm going to be very busy for the next little while.”

I knew she was hiding something. “Fine, Ginny. I'll allow you to go in a minute; just show me your back.”

“What? No! You're crazy!” she yelped, then tried to bolt.

I grabbed her arm. “You're not leaving until I see your back! You can either remove your top or I'll rip it off you!”

She turned again and looked at me, eyes swimming with tears. “Please, Draco,” she pleaded, “Just let me go!”

“I can't.” She turned away from me, but I could tell she was undoing the buttons. Her whole body shook with sobs.

As she lowered her shirt, I saw dried blood covering her whole back, like one giant scab! I stepped closer and I could tell her back had been skinned! A sudden feeling between disgust and nausea washed over me. What I couldn't understand is why she hadn't healed this, or cleaned it? This would infect. I could only imagine how it hurt, both when it was done and now.

“Why didn't you shower or get someone else to wash it even?” I asked. I couldn't hide the disappointment in my voice.

“Carrow,” she whispered.

“Let me take care of this,” I demanded.

“No, you can't!” she said as she went to raise her top. She seemed panicked at the very idea.

I reached out and stopped her, then turned her so she was looking at me. “Why? And while we're at it, why did this happen? Why were you in detention again?” I had a good idea what her response would be.

“I have to! They can't speak for themselves.” Her eyes were filled with tears that she was fighting to not let fall. She hated to have anyone see her cry.

“You fighting for them and not letting them fight for themselves only shows that deep down you feel they're not strong enough! 'Why should they risk their backs, if someone else will do it for them!'” I yelled at her.

“You don't understand!” she yelled back at me as she did up her top and then spun around to leave.

She was so right. “You're right. I don't, but I at least want to heal you. Please let me.” I admit I pleaded with her. I couldn't let anything happen to her.

“I can't let you. He expects to see the progress of his punishment each day.” I knew that Carrow was very twisted, but this was sick! I wondered what else he had in store for Ginny. Her temper is not always her best asset, so sometimes baiting her is too easy. Did Carrow plan this?

“I'll definitely take care of that,” I vowed. She finally agreed and I worked without a word on her back. After she returned to her tower, I went and spoke to the only person, other than Ginny, that I could trust at Hogwarts: Severus Snape. Carrow was told the next day that, “Snape himself discovered the state of Miss Weasley and that he ordered her to be healed.”

Flashback ended
~~~~~~~~~

Since then, I'm always sick if I know she has detention! I even forged a note, posing as Neville Longbottom, begging her family to keep her home after the Easter break.

As for the Mudblood, I won't lie; I hate her! I always have. Again, however, Ginny cares about her and is as close to her as a sister.

And she loves Potter, and that only makes me hate him more! They share something I can never hope to, there is some connection to the Dark Lord there that no one understands. Harry has a piece of her heart that I can never even hope to touch, not in a million years! But I do touch the rest of her heart, and her body!

These three people mean so much to her; her brother, her best friend, and the other man she loves. I hate them all! Admitting they are who they are could help my family, but how will I ever look her in the eye again if I'm the one who caused them to be killed? She would never forgive me.

If I could do this without her knowing it was me, then there would never even be a choice to make. If Harry was gone, she would be mine and only mine! Forever!

My father looks at me, waiting for confirmation of the fact that Harry Potter is before him. “I can't be sure,” I reply.
The End.
eveil woman is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked The Reason For The Reply also liked 1073 other stories.
This story is part of the series, My Soul. The previous story in the series is That Night. The next story in the series is My Soul Belongs To You.
Leave a Review