A/N: SometimeSelkie, you are much appreciated – even by some of the reviewers! And I know this last bit was not your cup of tea, so thanks for reading and fixing it.

And now to quote my beta, who said this not in reference to the epilogue, but since it most definitely applies….

What the fluff?






The Safe House

~ Epilogue ~

Chapter Forty-Two




Ginny walked out of the Manor, a small child on her hip. She scanned the crowd of friends and family outside in the garden. Spotting Draco talking with her father, she called him over.

"Your sons have done it again."

"Done what, exactly?" He grimaced as he looked past her to the two boys standing just inside the house. They were identical in every way, from their pale blond hair and bright brown eyes to the looks of shame on their lowered faces.

"They've managed to destroy Lyra's room … again. The walls are all black and green, and her dolls are all making terrible faces. It's like a Slytherin horror house." She turned back to the guilty parties and gave them a serious look. Turning back to Draco, she said, "Wipe that stupid smirk off your face, Draco. You look like it was the first time they used magic."

"I know, but it's really quite impressive." He adopted the same expression as his twin sons whilst Ginny continued to stare at him without amusement. "Sorry, love. I take it Lyra doesn't know yet?"

"No, thank God. Today is hectic enough without her having a breakdown. Will you please deal with them? I'll make sure that she stays outside."

"Of course." He kissed her temple and ruffled his youngest child's golden hair. "You still sleepy, Ban?"

Three-year-old Dziban nodded his head and clung tighter to Ginny. "Yes, Daddy. I don't want no cake."

Ginny smiled and said sweetly, "You don't have to have cake, baby." She leaned over and peered around Draco, adding with a strict voice, "You two don't have to have cake, either. In fact, I'll leave it up to your father whether you get any or not."

"Yes, Mummy," the two little voices replied in unison. Then the boys began to elbow one another, quietly arguing about whom was to blame.

She rolled her eyes and smiled once again at Draco. She quietly added, "We'll wait for you to return before we start. Oh, and grab the camera, darling. I think it's in your study." Then she headed out into the gardens to join the others.

ooo

Draco watched his wife for a moment, enjoying the view as she walked away. Then he turned abruptly, and barked out, "All right, you two. Upstairs, now!"

He chuckled as he watched them scurry away from him in fear. He followed them through the Manor and back up the stairs. He could hear their screams of terror quickly turning into another fight and then into loud laughter. He braced himself before entering Lyra's room, quickly setting his face in his most stern-looking expression.

Upon seeing the newly decorated bedroom, he turned his head and pressed his lips together to hide his smirk. He stalked across the room to the bed and picked up a doll whose face was contorted into an ugly scowl. Taking a deep breath to quell the laugh that was trying to escape his lips, he turned to his sons. "Why do you insist on tormenting your sister?"

They were standing together, faces innocent. They shared a brief look and then both shrugged their shoulders.

"Maybe we should just make this your room. Then we can give Lyra yours. She can paint the walls pink and add bows and dresses to all of your toys."

Tamin stepped forward. "No, Daddy. Please change her room back."

"No, Tam," Eltan urgently whispered, shooting his twin an incredulous look. He then held his chin high, a wicked gleam in his eyes. "Father, we're okay with that."

Draco watched the two of them communicating silently. The two boys looked very much like him, except for their mother's brown eyes and the light sprinkling of freckles across their faces. Eltanin Arthur and Etamin Lucius were five years old, and they were a constant source of both amusement and frustration to their parents. It always made Draco laugh to think that the twin named after his father was the more docile of the two, whilst Arthur's namesake was the evil mastermind behind most of their pranks. He knew what Eltan really wanted was to see his sister crumble into a teary mess when she saw her newly decorated room.

After a few more minutes of waiting, Draco cleared his throat. "Have you two come to a decision then?"

Tamin frowned at his brother, but he answered for both of them. "We'll take her room."

"Okay, then. Let's at least change the walls for her." Draco walked across the hall to their room.

The two boys followed him into their room, uncertainty beginning to show on their faces. Draco lifted his wand and was just about to fire a spell when he stopped. "You know, I really think that you should do it."

Eltan stared up at his father. "But, Daddy, we can't."

"What do you mean, 'you can't'? You were able to change Lyra's room."

"But we wanted to do that," answered Tamin honestly.

"Don't you want Lyra to have a room of her own?"

Tamin once again replied quickly, "Not ours!"

Draco transferred his piercing eyes to Eltan. "What about you?"

"We have lots of rooms. Why can't she have another?"

"That wasn't the deal. You agreed to exchange the rooms, Eltanin. Are you going back on our agreement?"

Eltan's eyes grew round in fear. "No, Daddy. I just … I don't wanna give up our room. I'm sorry."

"Sorry? For changing your mind or changing her room?"

"Both," he grumbled.

"Me, too," chimed Tamin.

"Okay, go join the others. Since it's your brother's birthday, I will wait to punish you until tomorrow. And there will be no cake for you if you tell your sister what you did. And worse than no cake if you think you can wait and tell her later."

"Thanks, Daddy!" they both shouted.

They didn't hesitate to run from the room and away from their father. Draco laughed loudly as he re-entered Lyra's room. He quickly changed everything back before returning to the birthday party.

ooo

The Malfoys were happy to lead a very private life after Draco's trial. They had spent the first few months adjusting to their new home. Whilst Ginny found great joy in making over the rooms that were in their wing of the large house, Draco continued his work on spell theory that he had started during his time in Parkinson Prison. He wanted to create a spell that could take memories from a Pensieve and transfer them into photographs. He resumed his research as soon as his family had become settled into the Manor. It took quite some time, but by Ginny's twenty-eighth birthday, he was able to present to her the wedding album that she had always wanted. He had also created a baby book for Thuban's first year. Draco quickly secured the rights for the use of his complicated spell and started his own company, which Ginny named Malfoy Memories. It wouldn't take many years for the money the Malfoy family had lost in the war to be regained through the lucrative new business. The cost of having a Malfoy Memory created was kept high, but it didn't stop most families from purchasing Memories. Even the Ministry contracted Malfoy Memories to help with the Department of Law Enforcement. Although the trial had convinced most of the wizarding world that Draco was a good man, his reputation only grew stronger as his business became a household name.

ooo

Draco was still chuckling to himself about the twins' latest magical display when he remembered that he needed to get the camera and started to head towards his office. Walking past the private sitting room, he paused mid-step and listened to a light giggle coming from the sofa. When he heard a familiar male voice murmuring something that caused more giggles, Draco decided to interrupt the two teens.

"No, I haven't seen her, Bill," he said loudly and watched as two heads immediately popped up from behind the sofa.

"Dra..Dra.. Draco," Teddy stammered. His dark hair was mussed and his cheeks were flaming. Next to him was an equally blushing blonde.

"Hi, Uncle Draco," she squeaked and then lowered her eyes.

"Dominique." Draco eyed them seriously and stood his ground, waiting for them to start moving. His niece quickly ran from the room, checking the hall for her father.

"Draco, I'm sorry, but we never get to see each other in the summer."

"Do we need to have the sex tal–"

"No!"

"Once was enough then?"

"Yes. Please, don't say it again."

Draco smirked. "Just in case. You can help watch the kids whilst we're on holiday."

"I leave for school before you get back."

"I know. One week should be a good reminder. And if not, don't think I won't come to Hogwarts so we can have that chat again in the common room."

"Okay," Teddy groaned.

"Now go outside before Bill really does notice that the two of you have been missing. Don't worry, I'll cover for you this time."

"Thanks, Draco."

ooo

Once the two sisters had settled into Malfoy Manner, Narcissa and Andromeda had started a charity for the children of the war, inspired by Teddy. It had been a great way for the witches to give back to the community and to keep themselves busy. In November, two years after the war ended, Nymphadora finally passed away. Although nine-year-old Teddy had become very close to Draco and Ginny and their growing family, the death of his mother had made the boy cling, surprisingly, even more to Draco. The two formed a very special relationship, and Draco truly became the father that Teddy needed as he grew older. He still would spend time with his Uncle Harry, but it was Draco who would teach him how to be a man.

Andromeda handled the death of her daughter as well as anyone could have expected. But she was motivated to confront Ginny, and she warned the younger witch about wasting time being upset with her family. The Weasleys, except for George, had been included very little, if at all, in their lives. Ginny did occasionally correspond with her family by owl, but she still was not ready to see them. Even when she had gone into labour five months after the trial, it had been Narcissa who went to the Burrow to let Arthur and Molly know about the birth of their granddaughter. Andromeda did not have to do much to convince an overly emotional Ginny, five months pregnant with the twins, to agree that it was time for reconciliation. Ginny invited her entire family to spend Christmas Eve at the Manor, and all of the Weasleys were happy to be included again in her life. Molly and Arthur were overjoyed at being reunited with their daughter. Molly cried with happiness at finally being able to share a pregnancy with Ginny. Thuban and Lyra quickly had their only grandfather wrapped around their little fingers, and Arthur couldn't have been more pleased. When the twins were born the following March, just days before George and Fred's birthday, both Ginny and Draco were grateful to have the additional hands to help them.

ooo

Ginny fluttered around the gardens gathering the guests together. Her father gave her a one-arm hug and kissed her head as he pointed her towards the man she was seeking. She crossed over to Harry, talking with Charlie and Bill, and pulled him to the side.

Harry Potter eventually had made amends with the Malfoys by publicly releasing the details of Lucius Malfoy's death. Having his father's name cleared gave Draco reason to meet with his old rival and declare a truce. Ginny was not as quick to forgive Harry, but once her family had returned to her life, she eventually welcomed him back as well. It took Harry a long time to feel comfortable at the Manor, years actually; it was difficult enough to see Ginny and Draco at the Burrow. But once he fell in love again, it wasn't as hard to see his former love so happily married.

"Do you want to blow out the candles, too?" Ginny teased the dark-haired man.

"Absolutely not. This is Thuban's day. Your mum has an entire surprise party planned for me tomorrow night. We wouldn't want to ruin her fun."

"I know. Just thought I'd offer."

He looked over to where the children were playing. "I can't believe he's nine. Just two more years and he'll be heading to Hogwarts."

Ginny followed his gaze to her oldest son and sighed. "Oh, don't remind me. I am in complete denial. Of course, Lyra won't let me forget. She's looking forward to being the oldest still at home."

"Not quite like her mum then?"

She quickly turned back to him. "Have you met her? Narcissa says she's exactly like Draco, even the way she dresses."

He laughed to himself before he asked, "Including the frilly ruffles and bows and obsession with pink and purple?"

"Harry! Don't you dare tell him I said that!"

"No, don't worry. Just consider it my birthday gift, picturing the little ferret running around in his favourite dress."

She shook her head and grinned, holding back her own giggle. "Well then, Happy Birthday!"

ooo

Draco stopped suddenly on the back patio as three children went racing by. They were screaming and laughing as they chased each other. "Your Aunt Ginny will hex you if she sees you running in the house."

They stopped just before entering the Manor and turned back. "Sorry, Uncle Draco," said Percy's youngest.

"I think we're going to have cake now. You should come back out."

"Okay," the two boys shouted as they ran back into the yard, but Rose Weasley stayed behind.

Draco smiled at the little girl. "You coming, Rose?"

"Yup. I'll walk with you, Uncle Draco." She gave him a big smile, and he could see her dimples in each cheek.

Rose Weasley was the four-year-old daughter of Ron and Hermione. Once the Weasleys had reunited with the Malfoys, Ginny insisted that they help her youngest brother have the child that he and his wife so desperately wanted. Draco and Ginny paid for everything the other couple needed in order to get pregnant, which turned out to be possible with Muggle medicine and the use of a witch surrogate. Hermione had wanted to carry the baby herself so much, but she was overjoyed with finally having a child of her own. With the Malfoys' help again, they had their second child, a son named Hugo, less than two years later.

Draco took the little girl's hand and walked with her back to the pavilion where he could see Ginny rallying the large group together. "Are you having a good day today?"

"Un-hunh." She smiled up at him. "Mummy said I could fly today."

"Wow. Do you get to fly all by yourself?" he asked, knowing that Hermione would never allow that to happen until the girl was leaving Hogwarts …maybe.

She shook her head no and held her free hand up as if there was no point in arguing with her mother. "No, Mummy says I'm not big enough for that."

ooo

They made their way to the pavilion, and Ron walked over to them, holding a cranky Dziban. "I'll trade you." He handed the little boy to Draco and scooped up Rose, causing her to squeal in delight. "He won't tell anyone why he's upset."

"Thanks," Draco replied sarcastically.

Ginny and Draco had thought they were finished with adding to their family. The twins were a handful, and Ginny was hoping to go back to work once they were ready for Narcissa to start tutoring them. But a romantic weekend in Paris for her birthday had led to them bringing home more than the bag of souvenirs, and the following May, just one day after Lyra's birthday, they had Dziban Draconis Malfoy. He was a perfect blend of his parents. His hair was the not strawberry colour of his sister's but a beautiful golden shade. His eyes were grey like Draco's, but the rest of his features were a lovely combination of his parents. He was a very good baby, much like Thuban had been, and he was definitely a mummy's boy. Draco had been surprised when Ginny named his youngest after him, but she wanted to honour him and had insisted that Dziban was her last chance to do so.

Draco looked down at his troubled child. "Ban? Are you still sleepy?"

"No," he pouted.

"Are you hungry?"

"No."

"Do you want to go back inside?"

"No."

"Do you want to fly with me?"

"No."

Draco sighed and looked over to Ron, who was snickering at them.

ooo

Ginny interrupted everyone once more, yelling that it was time to have cake. She had her arms around Thuban's shoulders and was leading him to the cake. Everyone gathered around the birthday boy, who looked embarrassed and excited. He blew out the candles whilst everyone sang to him. Molly began cutting the cake and handed the first piece to Thuban, who then carried it over to where Draco was still standing with Ron.

"Hi, Dad, Uncle Ron," Thuban said between bites of cake.

"You should sit down and eat," Draco replied.

"Okay," he said simply and dropped to the ground where he stood, sitting with his legs crossed.

"I meant at the table. Your mum may want to sit with you."

Thuban rolled his eyes and stood back up. "Is Ban still unhappy?" he asked, looking at his little brother, who was still in Draco's arms.

"Yes, he is. Do you know what happened?"

"Ask Lyra. She's the one who was with him before his nap." He quickly walked away to join the table full of happy children who were eating the birthday cake.

ooo

Lyra Narcissa Malfoy must have come into the world knowing that she was already a celebrity. She was very demanding and needed constant attention from the moment she was born. The Malfoys had decided to release a picture of their baby daughter to the papers, or rather to Luna, in order to avoid being hassled for the first picture. The wizarding community had been very vocal about wanting to see the baby that had been revealed during the trial. When her birth was announced, the fact that a Malfoy and a Weasley had produced a daughter had only increased the demand. She was a beautiful girl, with strawberry blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Her face was all Ginny, but her attitude was all Draco. She was his princess, and she could do no wrong in her father's eyes. His lack of discipline with her had been the source of many fights with Ginny. He would often complain that he was simply making up for the time that he missed with Lyra during his imprisonment. To which Ginny would point out that he had missed time with her as well, never mind that Lyra hadn't even been born yet. Even when she was punished, Draco would often take her out for a special treat afterwards. Thus, at barely seven, Lyra was already capable of manipulating almost anyone in the family besides her mother. She was also capable of throwing royally grand tantrums.

Scanning the crowd once again, Draco found his princess sitting with his mother, daintily picking at her piece of cake. "Lyra! Come here please."

She looked over at her father holding Ban and scowled. Narcissa gave her a gentle nudge, and she slowly made her way to Draco.

"Yes, Daddy," she practically sang as she twirled around in front of him, showing off her pretty lavender dress.

"Do you know why Ban is upset?"

"No, Daddy."

"Yes, you do!" Dziban shouted at his sister and then tucked his head back into Draco's chest.

She frowned for a second, but then smiled sweetly. "Oh, I think he's just upset that you and Mummy are going to leave in a few weeks."

Draco asked, "Ban? Are you sad Mummy and Daddy are going away?"

"No," came the muffled voice. "I'm the baby."

"What's he talking about, Lyra?"

"I don't know, Daddy. Do you like my new dress? Nana bought it for me yesterday. Isn't it pretty? I love lavender. I think I want to name my little girl Lavender some day."

Ron threw his head back in laughter. "I once knew a Lavender."

"Really?" Lyra perked up.

"I knew her rather well." He sniggered again and gave Draco a suggestive wriggle of his eyebrows.

Draco smirked at his brother-in-law. "Yes, he did. Go ask your Aunt Hermione about it."

Ron's mouth dropped as he watched his niece prance away towards his wife. "That was uncalled for."

"I know." Smirk of Triumph.

ooo

Ginny made her way back over to the table where Thuban was sitting. She kissed his head and hugged him. "Happy Birthday, Snitch."

He grinned up at her, loving to hear his old nickname. She had once started to call Dziban her Snitch when she was pregnant, but Thuban had made it clear that it was his name. "Thanks, Mum. It's been a great day."

"Good. I love you."

"Mu-um." He glanced at his older cousins, embarrassed. But he saw her face fall a little and he quickly replied, "Love you, too."

She smiled brightly and ruffled his hair once before heading to the other table with the adults. Pansy was sitting at the table, her hands resting on her round belly. She and George were expecting their second child.

"Ginny, come sit with me. I haven't talked to you all day."

George and Pansy had only been married for two years. Their son Fred was three. The two had barely even acknowledged that they were in a relationship until Pansy became pregnant. George didn't really want to wait to marry until after the baby was born, mostly because Molly had taken it upon herself to remind him every day that he was a shame to the Weasley name "leaving that poor girl in her situation." But Pansy refused to wear anything but a custom-made haute couture wedding gown, which meant that the wedding would have to take place not only after the baby was born, but also when she could fit into her dream dress. Finally, with a six-month-old baby sleeping in his grandma's arms, the two made it down the aisle.

Ginny sat down next to her friend and placed her hand on her belly. "You doing okay out here? It's a bit stuffy today."

"Yeah, George keeps putting Cooling Charms on me."

"At least he's good for something," Ginny chuckled. "I don't want you to overheat. We can go in the house if you want."

"No, that's okay. He'll be back soon. He had to take Freddy to the loo." Pansy gave Ginny a wicked grin. "So are you excited about having two whole weeks alone with Draco?"

"Yes," she sighed happily. "We always celebrate our anniversary at the Safe House, but we haven't spent that much time alone there for years. I'm a little worried about leaving Ban, though. We've never left him for that long, and he's been so clingy today." She turned to search for Draco. He had joined some of her brothers in the air, but Ban was not with him. Their eyes met, and she gave him a small wave.

"Ginny, he has more family than even you did growing up. He'll be fine. He can come and stay with us. You know how much he and Freddy love to play together."

George sat down on the other side of his wife. "Who's staying with us?"

Ginny replied, "Maybe Ban."

George wrapped an arm around Pansy's shoulders. "You up to having another little one in the house, Sweets?"

Pansy frowned at him for using the old pet name, but her eyes were smiling. "Hmm. Maybe we can send Freddy over here?" She checked with Ginny.

"Of course. That would be better. After all, you're going to have another one before you know it. This may be the last chance you have to be alone for a while." She winked at her brother.

"You hear that, Sweets? Ginny thinks we should be alone." He leaned into Pansy and whispered something into her ear, causing her to blush.

Ginny shook her head. "I don't want to know."

Just then, Ban came running over to her and buried his head in her lap. "Mummy, don't go."

Ginny picked him up and cuddled him to her. "Dziban, you need to tell Mummy why you are so upset today."

"Don't go."

"I'm right here, baby." She looked over at Pansy and shook her head in confusion.

"Me the baby!"

"Yes, Banny. You're my baby." She kissed his cheeks. She looked over and saw Lyra eyeing them suspiciously. "Lyra, get over here."

The little girl immediately took off towards the house. Ginny stifled a frustrated scream and looked at her brother. "I think she's part Diricawl sometimes. Of course, it's probably the only part of her personality she inherited from me."

George laughed. "Yeah, we were always getting blamed for things you did."

"Yes, Mum is always saying that she is more like me than I like to admit. Well, clearly she's up to something."

ooo

Ginny carried Ban with her into the house and motioned for Draco to follow her. Thuban had been watching his sister flee into the house and immediately followed his father. The twins were playing on the patio, and when they saw all of their family entering the house, they shared a quick look and decided to join them.

Ginny found her daughter in the music parlour, playing the piano. "Lyra Narcissa Malfoy! I know you heard me. Come over here right now." Ginny was standing at the door. She called back over her shoulder. "Draco! We're in the piano room!" Then she sat down on the nearby chaise and motioned for her daughter to sit down.

"Mummy, I didn't hear you." Lyra kept her head down as she sat on the other end of the chaise.

"What have you done to your brother today?"

"What?" She looked up at Ginny, her eyes wide and innocent.

Ban climbed down from Ginny's lap and pointed at his sister. "She says you don't want me no more." His lower lip started to tremble and the tears began pouring down his face.

"I did not!" Lyra pinched her little face. "Mum! He's lying."

At this, Ban ran over to Draco, who had just entered the room, his three replicas right behind him. "Daddy! You want me?"

Draco picked up his youngest and sat down on the other side of his daughter, lightly prodding her to the middle of the chaise. "What's going on, love?"

"Your daughter has told Ban that we don't want him anymore."

The three boys who were standing at the door all shared a quick look of glee. Lyra was never in trouble.

Draco watched his little girl begin to pout and tears glisten in her big blue eyes. He puckered his brow and looked up at his oldest. "Thuban, do you know what happened?"

Ginny rolled her eyes at her husband once again refusing to address his princess's misbehaviour.

"Lyra was mad that it was my birthday today. She said she hated sharing her birthday with Ban," he tattled.

Ginny broke in with a tired voice. "Lyra?"

The little girl jumped from the chaise and turned to face her parents. "It's not fair! He gets his own birthday, but I have to share mine!" She stomped her little foot and her face crumpled, on the verge of tears.

Eltan and Tamin ran into the room. Tamin spoke first, as usual. "We share ours, too!"

Ginny and Draco shared a quick, amused look.

Draco was about to speak when Thuban interrupted him. "She told Dziban that you were going to bring back a new baby to replace him." He smirked at his sister.

Ban cried again and almost choked Draco with his hold. Struggling to pry Ban from his neck, Draco asked his little girl, "Why would you tell him that, princess?"

"Thuban," she shot a glare at her brother, "told me you always bring back a baby when you leave. That's why we have Ban, and now you're going to do it again!" Lyra really started to cry, and since her father was occupied with Ban and her mother was not usually one to indulge her fits, she threw herself onto the floor.

Ginny shushed the snickering trio of blonds near the door and hauled the little girl up onto her lap. "Shh. You don't want to ruin your pretty dress, do you?" She dried her little girl's eyes and kissed her forehead. "Lyra, we're not bringing home another baby. And I'm sorry you shared your birthday with Ban. We can have separate parties next time, okay?"

Eltan finally spoke up. "Do we get two parties?"

Draco answered in his no questions asked voice. "No, you're twins. You get to be twins. No one else gets that." He then glanced up towards the bedrooms above them and both boys quickly nodded their heads.

Turning back to his baby, he smiled warmly. "Ban, we love you. We will always want you. Lyra was very wrong to say that. Are you okay now?"

Ban wiped his eyes and nodded his little head. "Okay. Love you, Daddy." He climbed down from Draco's lap and looked at Ginny, who smiled tenderly at him. "I want cake!"

Draco and Ginny laughed, and Thuban happily led his little brother back outside, wanting to escape before he was in trouble for his role in this little drama. The twins also wanted to flee before their mother mentioned their activities from earlier, and they quickly bolted from the room.

"Mummy?" Lyra played with a lock of Ginny's hair as she sat on her lap. "It's okay if you have another baby. It would be nice to have a sister."

"We're not going to have any more babies, sweetheart," Ginny answered as she stood Lyra up and fluffed her dress out for her. "Besides, I might have another boy. And then what? And if I didn't, you wouldn't be the only girl any more. Don't you like being the only girl?"

"Yeah. Sometimes. But it would be so nice to have a baby sister to dress up. That would be really fun." She sighed wistfully.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, you'll just have to be the only princess in the house." Ginny leaned over to Draco and gave him a kiss that promised more to come. "And I'm the queen."

She started to pull away, but he pulled her to him and kissed the Blood Stone ring on her finger. "My queen," he growled.

A loud crash was heard from down the hall, and Ginny sighed as she extracted herself from Draco's hold. "Duty calls." She winked at him as she walked out of the room.

"Daddy?"

"Hm-hmm." Draco slowly looked back over at his little girl.

"Can I please have a little sister?"

"Princess, you heard your mum."

"Pleeease. I promise I'll be a really good big sister to her."

"Lyra."

"Wouldn't you want another little princess?"

"I have you." He gave her his best smile.

"But I'll be at Hogwarts in a few years."

The smile slowly dropped from his face as he said, "In four years."

She watched him frown and leapt to him to kiss his cheek. "See? You should have another princess for when I'm gone."

His frown deepened at that, and she kissed him once again and gave him her poutiest look.

"All right. I'll see what I can do - but don't say anything to your mum."

"I love you, Daddy!"

"I love you, too."

Draco watched his little princess skipping out of the room and didn't realize until she was gone that not only did he not punish her for being mean to her brother, but he just promised her a baby sister. Good thing he had two weeks alone with Ginny in the Safe House to work out that particular plan.








Author notes:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading my first attempt at fiction. The response has been what has kept me motivated. I hope you have enjoyed this last chapter, which I know is ridiculously sappy, but I just can't resist it.

Draco and Ginny's boys are all named after stars within the Draco constellation. Eltanin and Etamin are two names used for the same star. Lyra is the name of a constellation.

Please do leave me your thoughts. Happy with the bits of info about the other characters? And yes, Harry is married with kids, but you can choose who and how many.

The End.
icthestrals is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 40 members. Members who liked The Safe House also liked 1382 other stories.
Leave a Review