COMPLETE! Sequel to The Enemy of Souls. Draco Malfoy has a problem: his life has become unrecognizable. He’s willingly helping a Mudblood. He lives in a Muggle apartment. And he’s constantly forced to make nice with the biggest bunch of blood traitors around. The source of his problems? Ginny Weasley, the witch he’s possibly in love with. Which makes the secret he’s keeping from her his biggest problem of all—because this secret could ruin his relationship with Ginny forever. And he’s not the only one with a secret…
Category: Long and Completed
Rating: Definitely Naughty
Characters: Arthur Weasley, Blaise Zabini (boy), D/G Offspring, Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Lucius Malfoy, Molly Weasley, Pansy Parkinson
Compliant with: HBP and below
Era: Post-Hogwarts
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Completed: Yes
Series: None

Chapters: 14 | Word count: 142908 | Read count: 17943 | Published: Feb 18, 2011 | Updated: Jan 02, 2014
[Report This]

(Reviews - 79) Microsoft Word Printer ePub eBook

1. Prologue (Reviews - 17) 3165 words

Author Notes: Well, here it is finally, the sequel! I realize it’s been much longer a wait than I had originally anticipated. To make a long story short, I had some plot problems that kept me from jumping right into this story after I’d finished TEoS. There was a huge event that really defined the story, which happened around the middle of the fic, which I decided to take out, because it was really too angsty and depressing (even for me). It touched on some subject matter which I’d rather not get into. But this left me with a huge gaping hole in the plot, which I had to fix. Luckily, I think I’ve come up with a good solution, and it will even introduce a promising new villain.

Also, PLEASE NOTE: Although this story is officially listed as compliant with HPB and below, it's sort of half-compliant with Deathly Hallows as well. So if you haven't read Deathly Hallows yet, please be aware there could be spoilers.

As in TEoS, there is no D/G interaction in this short prologue, though one of them does appear in it. I promise both Draco and Ginny in the next chapter.

________________________________________

2. Chapter One (Reviews - 4) 8115 words

Some of you may be wondering if you can read this fic without reading the first fic, The Enemy of Souls. Well, um. You probably wouldn’t understand the plot at all. But, if you don’t care about the plot and just want some D/G action, then, go right ahead.

Also, I have a new fic journal, where you can find progress updates about upcoming chapters, cookies (tidbits from new chapters), and the occasional meta/extra explanation on characters and events in this story. I also post the fic there, but it doesn’t really get posted any earlier or later than it does here. But, feel free to check it out at rainywinters.livejournal.com.

_______________________________________________

3. Chapter Two (Reviews - 5) 12964 words



4. Chapter Three (Reviews - 8) 13057 words

I realize before I said that this fic would be significantly shorter than its predeccesor, The Enemy of Souls. That’s not entirely true, actually. I didn’t take into account the fact that the chapters I write now are much longer than most of the chapers in TEoS. TEoS is 19 chapters, and the first ten or so are about half the size of the chapters I write now. So, in terms of word count, this fic will still be shorter than TEoS likely, but not incredibly shorter. Just much shorter chapter-wise.


Thanks to everyone who helped by giving me suggestions and input for Chapter 3! I’ll talk more about that at my fic journal once this chapter and Chapter 4 are up, but really, everyone who gave input helped by kind of letting me know where they perceive D&G are right now and where they should be.

5. Chapter Four (Reviews - 4) 10880 words



6. Chapter Five (Reviews - 4) 13660 words



7. Chapter Six (Reviews - 1) 10404 words



8. Chapter Seven (Reviews - 4) 14320 words

There's sort of a lot of plot, in this chapter, and unfortunately not as much D/G interaction as I like, but I promise there's much more of them to come in the following chapters :D

9. Chapter Eight (Reviews - 7) 14995 words



10. Interlude (Reviews - 6) 7665 words

Thanks to everyone who have been reviewing! It always helps to know that people are enjoying and appreciating the story.

This is the interlude. It marks a sort of break between the first part and the last. Because it's shorter than my usual chapters, I will try to get the next chapter up really quickly.

11. Chapter Nine (Reviews - 7) 9438 words



12. Chapter Ten (Reviews - 8) 10957 words

Here is the next chapter! Only one chapter and a very short epilogue after this. I still haven't written the epilogue, or the last scene of the last chapter, so it'll likely be another week before I get the end up. If it's going to be longer, I'll update on my fic journal - rainywinters.livejournal.com.

13. Chapter Eleven (Reviews - 1) 10302 words

Here is the final chapter and the epilogue! This fic is now complete. I have so enjoyed writing this fic, but it feels good to finally have finished it. Enjoy!

14. Epilogue (Reviews - 3) 2986 words

Reminder – the epilogue and the previous chapter were posted together, so be sure you’ve read the last chapter before this epilogue – otherwise, you might be quite confused!

A big thanks to everyone who has followed and read this fic! I’m not one of those writers who will only write for reviews, but the constant praise and reminders I’ve recieved from readers has certainly helped. Thank you!