My name is Ginevra Malfoy. I am a wife to the Minister's third in command, a Death Eater, and the coldest man I have ever known.


Who would have thought that when Harry killed Voldemort the purists would still come to power? Who would have thought that when the marriage law is enforced, a Malfoy would propose to a Weasley? And who in their right mind could have foreseen that Harry Potter would ask her to say yes? This is a tale about a failing marriage and a society spiralling towards civil war.
Category: Long and Completed
Rating: Sorta Naughty
Characters: Arthur Weasley, Draco Malfoy, Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Molly Weasley, Other Characters, Ron Weasley
Compliant with: All but epilogue
Era: Future AU
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Character Death
Completed: Yes
Series: None

Chapters: 6 | Word count: 23324 | Read count: 20318 | Published: Sep 17, 2011 | Updated: Oct 18, 2011
[Report This]

(Reviews - 82) Microsoft Word Printer ePub eBook
Story notes: Disclaimer: I don't own the characters or anything in the Harry Potter world, just the plot. I'm not making any money with this writing.

1) If you've read my 'Broken Chalice of Patience' forget anything I wrote about Terence Higgs, I basically made him up by just using the name for my own purposes in that story. HP lexicon says that he was born circa 1975, was in Slytherin during early 1990s (possibly 1986-92) and a Quidditch Seeker 1991-92 school year, replaced by Draco the following school year. So I'm going with this and giving him a very powerful pureblood family.

2) The name of Mrs Macatta is used in the memory of Agatha Christie, who had a minor character by the same name in The Seven Dials Mystery. It's not a very well known novel, probably because it doesn't have Monseigneur Poirot or Ms Marple in it, but it certainly is my favourite.

3) I've named one of the Malfoy elves Bernard, but I think I've read it somewhere else. If you know where and who thought of it first, please remind me. I just liked the idea of the head elf having a manly name instead of those silly ones elves usually have.

4) I'm not sure about the authorship of the quote of chapter 5. One site said it belonged to Stephen P. Ziniti, but most pages never mention anyone at all and I couldn't really find out if that Zinti guy is in any way famous. In the end, I decided that the one source was wrong, and that the author of the saying is unknown. If I'm wrong, set me right. :)

5) Two people die in this fiction but I don't think anyone will be upset, so don't fret about it. Also, I wasn't sure about the rating. The themes of the story are most assuredly mature, but there's nothing graphic. I think 'bloody hell' is the worst of swearing, so anyone can read my story, but I don't feel that 'not naughty' would be a right label either.

1. Chapter 1 (Reviews - 21) 3462 words

Thank you so much for help, Lisa and Ness Frost for betaing! You're the best. (The sentence, where the chair kicking happens, is added by Lisa.)

2. Chapter 2 (Reviews - 8) 2571 words

I've managed to post an older version of the new chapter, but thankfully there's only one difference. The second half of the 1st scene Ginny tells Draco that she's keeping the baby it follows:

"On the third day of the battle I tell him that I've decided to keep the baby. (Not that I even knew where to find a Healer who'd preform such a procedure – for a pureblood couple it's against the law.)" Lisa and Ness Frost are the best betas! And thank you all, for the lovely reviews! They've blown me away!

3. Chapter 3 (Reviews - 9) 4086 words

I wasn't going to answer all the review because it's rather time consuming, but I couldn't help myself! You guys are so wonderful and left me so thoughtful reviews that I had something to say too. So if you asked anything or provided your analysis, go and check the reviews, I might have said something with content back. If I didn't, I'm sorry, don't take it personally. I'm a studying and working mum, so life's crazy. BTW, Lisa and Ness Frost are the betas. Without them the story would be much, mush worse. And now, on to the third chapter! :)

4. Chapter 4 (Reviews - 14) 3574 words

Thank you all for the reviews, you are wonderful! As are Lisa and Ness Frost who has been pushing me to think and write better, thank you! If you haven't seen the banner made by FawkesToTheRescue, then make sure to go and ogle it on my blog. :)

5. Chapter 5 (Reviews - 17) 3973 words

Check out the banner on my blog! The betas are, as always Ness Frost and ellajane13. Thank you!

7. Chapter 6 (Reviews - 13) 5658 words

AN: The sentence about power being important is stolen from a dramione by a_bees_buzz. I think it was 'After Victory'. If you read dramione at all, this is a must. [http://story-arc-hive(dot)livejournal(dot)com/5943(dot)html]

Ellajane13 and Ness Frost are the reason that my writing makes sense. Thanks. :)