After they left, Ginny retreated to her room. Her bed was the same as she had left it. It was as warm as she remembered, as comforting. It wasn't long before the door opened, allowing some light in, then closed. Footsteps came closer, but she had her face pressed into the pillow. The touch of a hand on her back was familiar.

“I told you to go,” she said.

“I know you did,” he said quietly. “But I wanted to know what I did to make you say that. Because last time I checked, I was an innocent ferret.”

Ginny laughed softly, turned over, and looked up at him. His hair hung in his eyes as he stared at her. His fingers touched her face and she closed her eyes.

“It's just too much,” she whispered.

“What is?” Draco asked, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

“All of it,” she replied, opening her eyes to look at him.

He raised an eyebrow. “Harry and Pansy, you mean?”

She shook her head, her eyes full of something he couldn't figure out. When she spoke, her voice broke.

“Not just them. It's you too. You're pulling me.”

He didn't understand, but he smiled tightly. “Don't you want me to pull you in? Don't you want to feel what I do?”

“Letting you in is a big deal,” she whispered, sliding her fingers against his. They laced together and stayed like that for some time.

“Is that what you're afraid of?” he asked. “I told you, I won't hurt you.”

“People always say that,” Ginny replied softly. Then, “Tom did.”

Draco's eyes narrowed. “Tom Riddle would have said anything to get you to do what he wanted. He manipulated you. You don't blame me for that, do you? It wasn't my fault.”

“No.” She shook her head. “I know you didn't have anything to do with it.”

“You were better off throwing that goddamn diary away. It caused nothing but trouble.”

“You think I didn't know that?” Ginny snapped. Then she frowned. “I'm sorry. I shouldn't be angry at you for something you had no part in years ago.”

He sighed. “It's okay. I don't think I'd be able to forgive my father for what he did.”

“He wouldn't have even flinched if I died. Hurting my family was all he cared about. It's sad to think something like that had produced a son like you. You're nothing like him.”

Draco smirked and bent his head to kiss her. She met him halfway and put the hand on the back of his neck. He stayed next to her for most of the night, his arm wrapped securely around her waist, and his face in the crook of her shoulder.

**


Light streamed through the window. Ginny cracked an eye open and looked around. She was alone in her bed, but the curtains were drawn apart. She hadn't done that.

“Good morning,” a voice said.

The smell of coffee invaded Ginny's nose. She inhaled deeply and said, “I thought you left,” before taking a cup that was offered to her.

“Your lack of faith in me is disturbing,” Draco said as he sat next to her. “Why is that?”

“I don't want you to hate me,” she said quietly, sitting up and pulling the blanket with her. “Were my parents mad that you stayed over?”

He shook his head. “They know the situation. They know we're dating and that I wouldn't do anything to make them hate me.”

Ginny smiled. “What do you want to do today?”

Draco grinned at her and jumped onto the bed. He snaked an arm around Ginny's waist and pulled her close, his lips brushing her ear. Then he Apparated them out of the room.

**


They landed on his couch, in his flat, the coffee cup still in Ginny's hand.

“It's empty,” he said, looking at her, “because it's all over me.” he frowned and glanced down at his stained shirt. “Thank you for that, by the way. Now I have to change.”

As he left, Ginny muttered something.

“What was that?” he asked, wheeling around, a smirk on his face.

“I didn't say anything,” Ginny said, sticking her tongue out at him.

“I'll make you tell me,” he said, shaking his head as he headed toward the bedroom.

Ginny followed, standing in the doorway. “You know, we could always go visit Blaise. You haven't seen him since the banquet.”

Draco, who was now shirtless, stared at her. He rummaged through his closet, looking for the perfect thing to wear. He found a grey t-shirt and put it on, much to Ginny's dismay. He ran his fingers through his hair and grabbed her hand.

“That's quite random of you,” he said as the walked down the hall into the kitchen. Ginny slid onto the counter, and he placed his hands on either side of her. “But I guess we'll go see him after we're done.”

“Done with what?” Ginny asked.

He put a hand on her neck and pulled her head to his. His mouth crashed against hers as he moved in between her legs. She pressed her thighs into him, her tongue sliding along his lower lip. When he growled, she pulled away slightly.

“Oh,” he sighed, “don't do that.”

She smirked and reached to undo the button of his jeans. When Draco felt her hand squeeze him, he moaned. His mind raced as he removed her from the counter and pressed her into the refrigerator, her legs wrapped around his waist.

By the end, they were lying naked on the tiled floor, with teethmarks on their shoulders.

**


Blaise had received an owl from Draco, letting him know he and Ginny were stopping by. When there was a knock on his door, he opened it to find them standing there, looking far too happen. He let them in and as they sat down, he noticed something.

“Draco,” he said calmly, “I don't want to alarm you or anything, but your hair's less than perfect today.” Then he smirked.

“Is it?” he asked, touching it. He shrugged and leaned back on the leather sofa. “I guess I forgot to fix it. I hardly think that's cause for announcement, Zabini.”

Blaise blinked and shook his head. “Would either of you like something to drink?”

“Wine?” Ginny offered. “White, if you have it.”

Draco excused himself to use the bathroom, and while Ginny helped Blaise with the drinks he said, “So I guess it's going well with you two?”

“You noticed?” she asked.

He scoffed. “Darling, Draco has been my friend for a long time. I have never seen him as unkempt as he is with you. I think because he knows, whatever he looks like, it doesn't matter to you.”

Ginny took a sip of wine. It warmed her. “He doesn't need to constantly be perfect for me to love him. He should realize that I love him for the person he is.”

Blaise smiled.

Behind them, a throat cleared.
Leave a Review