Days seemed to pass slowly as they got reacquainted with each other. Owls still came from his mother, but he didn't bother opening them. All he wanted to do was keep Ginny in his bed for hours and shut out the rest of the world.

So that's exactly what he did until there was a thunderous pounding on his front door. He figured it was Blaise, and he really was intent on ignoring it, then remembered that he had a barrier up – one that his friend couldn't get by.

With a look at the redhead sleeping soundly beside him, he left the bedroom. He padded down the hall to the door and pressed his hand against it, along with his forehead.

“Whoever you are, go away.”

“Open up,” snapped an impatient female voice.

“What do you want, Pansy?”

“To talk,” she replied. “You've been a hermit, and I have something to tell you. About Ginny.”

Intrigue pulled at him, and as he opened the door, his friend shoved him back angrily. He staggered, but righted himself, his eyes narrowed.

“What the hell was that for?” he snarled.

“You're an asshole, and Ginny's gone. I haven't heard from her in days.”

Draco sighed. “Calm down, psycho. She's fine. She's here.”

“She's here?” Pansy said, raising an eyebrow. “What is she doing here?”

He stared at her. He waited for the recognition to reach her brain, then it lit up her eyes and her mouth curled into a smirk.

“So, I'm interrupting something.”

“Well, not now. Ginny's asleep.”

“Hello, Pansy.”

Ginny was standing behind Draco, yawning. She had her hair down and was wearing a pair of gray sweatpants and a black shirt. She looked around before heading into the kitchen and starting the coffee.

“Hi,” said Pansy. Then she muttered to Draco, “Well done, Malfoy. Does this mean you two are getting hitched?”

He glanced toward the kitchen, nodding. “But shut up about it, would you? I don't want Ginny to feel bad that I told you when she wants to do it herself.”

Ginny came back with two mugs, handing one to Pansy. She sat on the couch and tucked her legs underneath her. When she frowned and squinted at them, Draco swallowed.

“You told her.”

“She guessed.”

Pansy smiled. “It's just good to see you two together again. Draco was turning into a real girl over losing you.”

“I was not,” he muttered. He looked at Ginny. “I wasn't that bad.”

The redhead smiled and sipped her coffee.

Pansy laughed. “Because closing yourself off for a month from everyone isn't bad. Right.”

“It's fine now,” he snapped. “Now can you go?”

“I will,” Pansy answered, “if you take the spell away so Blaise can come over again. He's worried about you.”

Draco ran a hand through his hair and sat down beside Ginny, taking her hand. “Tell him he doesn't need to be, that he's welcome here any time. I just needed to be by myself for a little while. You can understand that, I'm sure.”

His friend nodded. “I'm glad to see you happy again. Both of you,” she added, smiling.

When she was gone, Draco scooped Ginny into his arms and headed toward the bedroom, grumbling about how they had been interrupted. He'd see Blaise tomorrow, if he had enough energy to move after tonight.

**


“Did you tell your parents?”

They were sitting on the couch the next morning, paper and coffee in hand, limbs tangled together. Ginny raised her head from where it had been resting on her arm and looked over at Draco.

“Tell them what? I haven't seen them.”

“About us,” he answered, smirking. “By the way, I'm curious. Where did you stay while we were broken up?”

“No, I haven't written to them yet. Do they really need to know? And since you're wondering, I stayed at Luna's flat. She and Neville are taking some time apart.”

“They split up?” he asked.

“Not entirely. It's a test. Normal couples do it, I've heard.”

Draco grinned. “Well, I'm glad we're not normal.”

Ginny's mouth twisted into a smile. She untangled her legs from his and curled into his arms, resting her head on his chest. While he twined his fingers into her hair, she closed her eyes. Beneath her, his body was warm and solid, and they fit so well together.

“Normal is boring,” she murmured against his skin.

Draco grunted in agreement, then said, “So when do you want to get married?”

Ginny opened her eyes and lifted her head to look at him. “We can do that whenever we want.”

“We should make a guest list.”

“Generally, that would be best. Who do you want to invite?”

Ginny looked thoughtful for a moment then said, “Oh, we could invite Harry. That would be a splendid time.”

Draco scowled. “I'd never have sex with you again.”

She frowned. “That's rude. You know I'd never invite him. Do you realize how awkward that would be? As much as he says he's over things, he'd probably make a scene.”

Malfoy nodded. “He does like to do that.”

Ginny smiled and she looped her arms around his neck. She slipped her fingers underneath his shirt and stroked his chest, then leaned close and whispered, “You'd never give up the best you've had in your life, would you?”

He swallowed and shook his head. “Not a chance.”

Then he flipped her, pinning her body under his, and kissed her roughly. She sighed contently as he placed kisses down her jaw, throat and chest. When he told her to close her eyes, Ginny wondered what he was up to. As she did what he asked, she felt the weight of his body leave her. Disappointed, she scooted into a seating position. His lips brushed hers and she grinned, opening her eyes.

“Marry me,” he whispered.

He held a ring between his thumb and index finger.

Author notes:

I think one more chapter should do it.

Leave a Review