“She ruined my dress,” Ginny whined as she sat on the couch.

They had Apparated back to Draco's flat, and he had offered to clean her wounds up, without magic. Traditional soap and water did the trick. But it didn't calm her down.

“And my wand, I can't get it back now.”

“We'll get you another one,” Draco promised, as he looked at her. “And a new dress too.”

Ginny looked at the ripped black fabric and sighed. She put her head in her hands. “I don't know why I did that. That wasn't me. I don't get that angry at people.”

“I think you should have punched Harry instead,” Draco muttered as he touched her face. When she winced, he apologized. “Hold still, Weasley,” he scolded with a smirk.

Ginny stuck her tongue out at him.

“Hitting Harry wouldn't have given me as much satisfaction. I've wanted a chance to hit Pansy for years, I just wish it didn't take her stealing my boyfriend for me to do it. I wonder if she's got a swollen eye or something.”

“He deserves more than a punch.”

Ginny looked at him, surprised. “I knew it. You do hate him.”

“No,” he said firmly. “I hate what he did to you. There's a difference. I think you should take a bath, get cleaned up. I've done all I can to your face. Pansy really did a number on you.”

Ginny groaned, stood up and went into the bathroom. She bent down to turn on the water in the tub, let out a hiss, and saw Draco come up from behind her. He placed his hands on her hips.

“I guess I shouldn't have suggested you draw your own bath,” he said chuckling softly. “I should have realized you're not exactly capable.”

Ginny was barely listening to him. His hands on her were make her already fuzzy brain muddled. She straightened slowly, turned around and tilted her head.

“You're very charming, you know that?”

He smiled and kept his hands on her. “I've been told that. Here, let me.” He turned on the water, letting the tub fill.

“Thank you,” Ginny said softly, looking into his face. “Can you leave so I can get undressed?”

He raised an eyebrow.

“Go away!” she hissed, swatting his arm. “Stop looking at me that way!”

He grinned at her and turned his back. “Proceed to undress.”

Ginny sighed and removed her dress and underwear. She grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her body. Then she tied her hair up in a messy bun and cleared her throat.

“I'm done.”

When he whirled around, he took in that she was standing a few feet from her in nothing but a towel. He sighed.

“You look...” he struggled for words. He was trying to not picture her naked, but it was difficult. She was holding the towel loosely and giving him a lopsided smile.

“You can leave now,” she said. “Unless you want to help me into the tub.”

He swallowed, unsure of why he was suddenly nervous. He had seen many girls naked before, so what was the difference now?

Because, he thought, I never liked any of them. They were just about sex to me.

She blinked at him. “Are you going to give me a hand?”

“Yes,” he muttered, taking her hand to hold her steady.

She removed the towel, but kept her back to him. He tried to keep from looking at her, but was finding it very hard to do so. He shut his eyes, and until she sank into the water, was when he would open them.

He heard her moan and his jaw twitched. He knew it was only because she was fully in the water, the warmth undoing any aching muscles and tension from the fight earlier.

“It's okay, you can look now,” Ginny said, laughing softly. “I'd never thought you were shy with the ladies, Malfoy.”

Draco opened his eyes, and seeing her beneath the water, he sighed. He was trying to get his thoughts together when she started speaking to him.

“I wonder if Harry will tell Ron what happened.”

Draco decided to busy himself with washing his hands. Drying his hands, he said, “I doubt your brother would care. He's a little preoccupied at the current time, isn't he? And what about Granger?”

“Hermione hasn't been around much,” Ginny said, raising her arms out of the tub and turning her head to stare at his back. “Besides, I don't want to tell her, then she'll think she has to come back here, and that isn't true. I can handle things.”

“Clearly,” Draco said, smiling. “Hopefully you don't run into her again. She might lose an eye next time.”

“Maybe I should hit Harry, he's the one who really deserves to be in pain.” Ginny mumbled. She rested her head on the edge of the tub. “But it's tiring to hate him.”

“Hate is a strong emotion,” Draco said, sitting on the toilet bowl. He laced his fingers together and put them on his knees. “I stopped hating people a long time ago. In the end, where does it get you? It leaves you with a cold spot in your heart.”

Ginny smiled. “Your heart's not so bad – it's pretty warm.”

He smiled, lowered himself, and sat on the floor. He laid his head back and stared at the ceiling.

“That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in awhile.”

“Can you do me a favor?” Ginny asked, leaning forward. “Could you get my back? There's parts I can't reach.”

She gave him an over the shoulder look and handed him a washcloth.

He lowered his head and stared at her. A small smile unfurled and he moved to sit on the edge of the tub. He took the washcloth and touched it to her back.

When his fingers brushed her skin, Ginny shivered. She turned her head to look at him, and when she did, he bent his head and kissed her.
Leave a Review