Much thanks to cherryredxx, whose beta-ing makes me feel like an actual competent writer.

A little note about Colleen Avery: She doesn't exist in the HP series, as you all will know. She is a very important plot case for Ginny in this story, however, so I hope none of you mind her being there!

Enjoy!

~*~
The scars of your love remind me of us; they keep me thinking that we almost had it all.
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless. I can't help feeling we could've had it all.


"Mister Malfoy, you simply must tell us of your activities while in Muggle London. Why, we were informed that you purchased the entire Wembley Stadium before its remodeling plans. Support for the Muggle sports?"

The Wizarding cameras flashed excessively towards the center podium of the Ministry of Magic, underneath the fountain that held the statue of the three beings. Reporters of papers such as the Daily Prophet and the Quibbler rapidly threw questions in the direction of the three men who stood at the tall podium with pride. At least, two of them did. The one standing to the right of the podium was the Minister of Magic, Rufus Scrimgeour. The center was an older and well-dressed Draco Malfoy, platinum blond hair slicked back from his face and dark, expensive robes slightly hugging a very broad figure. The third was a firm-appearing Harry Potter, adorned in his Auror robes, standing to the left of the ex-convict and staring grimly towards the reporters who ate up the conference like starved vultures.

"Mister Malfoy, are the current allegations of your purchases of Scotland's vineyards true? Did you merely purchase the land in order to monopolize Europe's delivery and distribution of the wine from each of its distilleries?" Before that question could be answered, more shot towards the three like wildfire.

"Mister Malfoy, is it true that the Belgium Art Academy is to receive a huge donation from the Malfoy enterprises in their current remodeling program for The Louvre and its beautiful paintings?"

"Is it true that you're still single, Mister Malfoy?"

"I'm quite sure that the questions about Mister Malfoy's personal life should be excluded from this brief interview." The Minister spoke with a calm, authoritative tone towards the excited reporters, who documented every single word being spoken. He placed a hand on Draco's shoulder and gave an approving nod. "We are all very proud to re-introduce Draco Malfoy to the Wizarding World after he fairly served the sentence demanded of him many years ago. Mister Malfoy's donations and his extensive work with the Muggle community have earned him more than enough of a pardon to return back to the Wizarding world in good standing. Much of our business with the Muggles have been made possible thanks to the upstanding of the Malfoy investments."

Murmurs rang through the crowd of the reporters, most in admiration, some in speculation. Harry's own face appeared emotionless as he stared ahead at them all, though his thoughts were anything but. Everyone is thinking what I am thinking, for sure. He bought his way back into the Wizarding world…

"Ten years is a long sentence. However, a Malfoy is always useful with his time." Draco waved off the murmurs of the crowd, aloofness mirroring his every movement. "Support of the Muggle sports allow for ideas to be shared for future possibilities in Wizarding sport. While Quidditch is indeed a loving comfort for us all, more inventive ways have been discussed. The purchases of Scotland's vineyards, not only allows for more charitable notions to follow through, but allows us the rich soil that could be used by our Herbology Masters for the development of rare plants needed for potions. The art academies are few and far in between, and within my time served for the Ministry, I've come to find a love for it. I'm sure most could agree with me when I say that the Muggles have a magic of their own, indeed." Draco spoke confidently, his body leaning against the banister of the podium with the trademark Draco "I'm-Worth-More-Than-The-Thousands-Of-You" Malfoy smirk. His eyes turned towards Harry beside him, the silver gaze locking onto the man's emerald ones that stormed with emotion, though his body gave nothing away.

"Yes, it’s true. I am still single."

~*~


"Has the entire Wizarding World gone mad? I'm sure that I'm not the only damned person with common sense!"

Ginny's eyes focused out of her old bedroom window within the Burrow, her knees drawn to her chest as she tried to will the voice of Harry out of her mind. She dreaded the fact that he came home in such a bad mood, tossing the magazine's freshly printed story of Draco Malfoy's return onto the floor. The pain that snatched her out of her afternoon nap felt fresh within her chest; Ginny's hand pressed against her bosom. Beside her, Harry's body continued to pace around as his anger engulfed the room in a solemn wave.

"He buys his way out of everything! The bastard murdered Dumbledore, and he believes that tossing a few stacks of money towards the world frees him of that curse! He's going to slip up again, Ginny. Just you watch. And he dares to smile at me like he's gotten off scot-free, while the reporters swallow his garbage. Does anyone have any shame?!"

"Harry, will you let it go? He's served his sentence; he's no bother to us anymore," Ginny said softly, her eyes refusing to turn and give her husband the attention he desperately sought for during his rant.

"I won't let this go, Ginny. Did you forget what he did to us? What he took from all of us? What he almost gave to Voldemort? You probably refuse to remember." Harry was furious. "You're probably more ecstatic than any of those naive fools out there that he's returned!" As soon as the words came out of his mouth, Harry instantly regretted them. He paused as Ginny's form slowly uncurled from its position and she turned to gaze at him, eyes storming with quiet rage. "Ginny, I --"

"You what, Harry? You only spoke your mind. At least now, your ranting and raving makes bloody sense." Leaving in a huff of clear disgust, Ginny stormed out of the bedroom. Hands pressed onto her temple, she shut herself into the bathroom and slid down onto the floor, breathing deeply. A powerful wave of emotion washed over her, snatching her breath away as the memories un-wantonly began to play within her mind's eye.

~*~


Kisses trailed their way up Ginny’s pale, freckled thigh. Her giggles cascaded through the air of the prefect's room that belonged to Draco, her teeth sinking softly into her bottom lip as the tingles of pleasure formed in traveling waves. She felt the curve of his fingers gently grasp at her, nudging her legs apart so he could kiss his way up… up… up towards her stomach.

"Weasley, I do believe you are blushing." His teasing was amplified by the huskiness of his voice. Draco loved the flushed look of happiness that crossed Ginny's features while he placed a loving kiss upon her navel. His firm hands slid around her thighs to rest her legs along his broad shoulders. He reached down to kiss underneath his love's navel when he felt her thighs grip around his head.

"Quiet, Malfoy. I know you're just trying to distract me. I want an answer to my question."

She had seen him a few moments during their year together at Hogwarts, pushing down the corridor that lead away from the uninhabited part of the castle with a distraught look on his face. Her hands came out to hold him from walking past her - he jumped at the sight of her like he saw a ghost. That was the first time Draco Malfoy actually terrified Ginny. He appeared close to tears from her perspective. She demanded to know what it was that he had done that was so horrifying, but he only kissed her as though she was the last thing he would ever see. Before she could ask anything else, they ended up in his bedroom with their clothes strewn on the floor and Draco finding comfort in the only way he'd accept from her at that time.

"You honestly don't, Weasley. Can't you just trust me?" Draco sighed wistfully around the flat plane of her pelvic area, his face nestling along her soft skin in a way that he knew would make her forget any concern that she held for him of the mishap earlier.

"I do trust you. It’s you that doesn't trust me if you refuse to tell me what happened to you. I highly doubt you can love me if you can't even trust me enough to tell me what you've been doing this whole year." It was a horrid card to play, but Ginny knew it had to be done. She was tired of the secrets from Draco, tired of him forcing nearly everything out of her, only for him to not return the favor. Her hands purchased slightly into his platinum blond hair then, to lift him off of her flush skin and to curl onto the side with displeasure.

"Ginny." The moment became serious when Draco called Ginny by her first name. "Must you always turn it into this? When I tell you that I cannot speak of this to you, I mean it. It would put you in grave danger."

"But you are already in grave danger, Draco. I can feel it; I saw it all over your face in the corridor. Let me help you at least, whatever it is. I'll do anything; just don't go through this alone." She was nearly begging, and she could hear it in her own voice. It pained her to know that Draco kept things from her for her safety. Ginny was no longer a child, she saw and dealt with things no one could really have the strength for when she was merely eleven years old. She tired quickly of the delicate manner people assumed she needed to be handled in. "I know what it is to have a secret, Draco; you know of my worst secret with Tom Riddle. If only I had someone like you then to talk to, then I wouldn't have..." She gulped then. Her trembling lips were met with Draco's then, his warm body leaning over hers and pressed into her flesh with his own.

"If I tell you this, Ginny, you cannot share with anyone else. Do you understand? I will trust you with this dangerous secret, but it must be bound to you. Only you will know of the true weight of my task."

"I'll do anything for you. I'll risk anything. You have my word. I love you, Draco." That broke him, and she could see it in his eyes as they fluttered closed. The magic that bonded the two together, flesh through flesh and soul through soul, whirred like a magnetic connection in between them.

"The Dark Lord wishes for me to kill --"

~*~


"Mum! Mum, wake up!"

"She's not responding. George, take James out of here. Harry, Harry, there you are! What's happening to her?"

"Move out of my way. Move! Ginny... Ginny, damnit. Open your eyes!"

The shaking triggered the wave of pain that began to explode from the center of her chest. Like a wave of white-hot lava, Ginny opened her eyes into a world of torment as the waves of agony ran through her skin, over and over. Even Harry's grip on her arm only seemed to amplify the pain, stinging needles from his skin onto hers. Her tolerance snapping, Ginny winced as she heard screaming echoing within the bathroom's walls, huge gasping noises of desperation and dread. She only comprehended how absolutely sad the screaming sounded, even as it turned into pitiful sobs.

"Ginny, it’s okay. Shh, here, I'm here. It’s alright; you're just having another episode. Floo Colleen Avery, her mental Mediwitch. Ginny, oh Ginny…" Harry rocked his sobbing wife into his arms, unaware of her true state. The Weasleys moved fast, leaving behind a very worried Harry and the crying Ginny to clasp onto each other. He was surprised to find Ginny's arms tightened around his neck, her tear-stained face buried into his shoulder as her entire body shook.

"Draco, forgive me... Forgive me, Draco. Please... Oh, Gods, please forgive me..."

~*~


Circles of grey smoke floated delicately into the air from the cigarette hanging from Draco's lips, the blond sitting at the window of the expensive penthouse he was currently resting in until the clearance to return to Malfoy Manor had been made by the Ministry. Outside, the night's sky twinkled with stars and the moon's bewitching light peered down onto the stretch of the modern Wizarding London. A dark robe hung on his tall body, and of his large hands pressed against the window, while the other removed the cigarette to release the billowing cloud of nicotine and smoke into the air.

He felt empty. He hadn't felt this empty since…

"Mmm, Draco? Come back to bed." Astoria Greengrass slid from underneath the silken covers of the penthouse's provided bed, her pale, bare body gleaming in the moonlight as she walked toward the window where Draco presently sat. Her long, blond tresses flowed behind her and her entire countenance reminded him of a deity that fell to Earth. It was almost a dream, her beauty, and the way she looked almost ivory and clean under the light. Nothing grungy or covered in mud or ridiculously marred with freckles…

"I'm not tired, Asta." He lied. He felt positively weary at the moment, but with good reason. The memory that haunted his dream was something that he had not experienced in years. It honestly shook Draco to know that he was starting to dream about her again. He believed to have kicked the effect she had on him away long ago. His hand came out to slide along Astoria's hair as she knelt beside him and placed her hands on his lap, observing the confident grin on her exquisite constitution. "Asta, ever thought about dying your hair red?"

"Surely you are joking. The color's absolutely dreadful, Draco. That's a wonderful laugh though."

"Yeah. It was a joke, Asta," Draco said, his face falling into a careless, playful smirk in her direction. His lips pressed against the woman's in a possessive and devilish manner, capturing her tongue around his in a dominant gesture. The idea of red hair was silly, right along with the idea of the woman behind the inspiration of such a vibrant and odd desire. That was in the past, and that was where it needed to remain. As Astoria climbed atop of Draco's lap, he knew that she would be one of many, many eager witches out there to help him keep the past right where it belonged.

Draco was not afraid to use every single one of them.

~*~


"I know how to fix this, Colleen. I know the trigger."

"Mrs. Potter..." The Mediwitch sighed as she watched Ginny pace around her office once more, like so many other visits. The medical information of Ginny's chart sat on her lap, and every now and then she'd glance onto the written material. "Hallucinations, panic attacks, and dementia are recorded here. Anything you may say at this point could possibly prolong your stay within the hospital."

"I'm not insane, Colleen. Look at this." Ginny's fierce nature was on display today. Slapping the recent editions of Witches' Weekly, a magazine dedicated to the juicy gossip of the latest magical happenings within the Wizarding world, onto the table in front of Colleen, Ginny forced the first few pages open in a flurry to land on the picture of a prominently smirking Draco Malfoy. Delicious Draco Malfoy Returns To The Wizarding World and our Hearts! the article read. "Look at the article's date. It’s precisely the same day these nightmares began to haunt me. The memories resurfaced as though some Legilimens is extracting them, one by one, to hurt me. It started when Draco Malfoy returned back to the Wizarding World!"

"If that is the case, Mrs. Potter, it only means that it is imperative that you close this chapter of your life as soon as possible. Your heart seems fine, yet it’s obviously the source of your pain. The magical strands test indicate that the brand of magic that is afflicting you is unlike anything they have ever seen." Colleen flipped through the pages of Ginny's medical record. "It isn't an Unforgivable, it’s not a natural curse; yet, at this rate, if this continues, you'll suffer heavy consequences, Mrs. Potter. We're talking lifelong afflictions upon your health here."

"That is why you need to make sure that I get the hell out of here, Colleen!" Ginny bent forward with her palms pressed against the table's surface, peering into Colleen's eyes with a reassurance she hadn't felt in years. "To close this chapter of my life means I need to see Draco Malfoy and right whatever wrong has been made. This ties me to him, Colleen. The entire problem I've had this entire time. Why I can't love my children, or my husband, or my life… I don't know what he's done to me, but I know he did something. Whatever it is, it’s killing me."

"Mrs. Potter, I advise that you tell your husband about this --"

"And he’ll do what, exactly? Hex Draco Malfoy until he somehow unlocks this unnatural curse he's placed upon me? No, Colleen. I have to do this myself." Ginny sat down onto the mahogany bench then, her hands tightening in her lap. Nothing wanted to make sense in her mind, yet she just knew instinctively that this was the only way to cure everything. "I must see him, alone, and then we have to make things right. Please, Colleen. Sign the release, and convince Harry and my family that I'm perfectly fine."

"Do you realize how unprofessional this is? That if you have another attack like this, Mrs. Potter, than I am responsible for signing your official release and risk losing all of my credentials in the process?"

"Do you realize that if this is the answer, not only will I recommend you to any person you could possibly hope for, but your credentials would skyrocket amongst the hospital's publication? Just think of it; to know that you, Colleen Avery, cured the Saviour of the Wizarding world's wife of her mental ailments?" Ginny took in a deep breath as she said this. She could see the gleam in Colleen's eyes.

"You would be willing to break your anonymous code, Mrs. Potter? Declare that you have seen me for personal sessions with your diagnosis and heighten my credentials if I do this and you succeed?"

"Yes." Ginny knew she wouldn't hesitate. No matter how greedy this opportunity seemed, no matter how much Colleen was truly showing her colors, Ginny would not let this pass. "Yes. I will personally make certain that my recovery has your name all over it, Colleen Avery. I will tell the Wizarding world if I have to about the success of your business, and you will have a larger reputation than even Harry Potter himself when it comes to the magical medical field. Do this for me."

Colleen seemed to hesitate at that moment, her quill ceased writing a while ago at the beginning of this offer. When she did speak, her voice was very heavy with thought. "Should you fail, Mrs. Potter..."

"He is the key, Colleen. I will not fail."

Author notes: So, I figured out how many chapters this will be. We are on chapter 5, so there will be two more before the fic is done. I hope to keep this updated because this is the fic I will finish and see through! This song haunts my dreams, I play it entirely too much. Review, rate, read!

Leave a Review