Her mouth quirked as she was left with Ginny. She looked at the redhead and smiled. Pansy downed the rest of her drink and said, “So what happened between you two?”

Ginny, who had been watching Draco, looked over at her friend. “What do you mean? We slept together. That's all.”

The dark-haired woman shook her head. “No, I know that. But there's something else. Something you've acknowledged, but he hasn't. Now what was it?”

“It's nothing.”

“Please,” Pansy replied. “I know when someone looks guilty – and you, my friend, look on the verge of throwing up over whatever it is that you've done.”

“It was so long ago,” Ginny said before she could stop herself. “It doesn't even matter anymore. I'm just being silly. So, are you seeing anyone?”

“Nice change of subject.” Pansy nodded. “But that's not going to work. And, for your information, I will find out whatever it is that you're hiding. I'm good at exposing people's secrets.”

Ginny blanched. If anyone out what she had done, well, she didn't want to think about it. Before she could say anything else, Draco and Blaise returned.

“We should get together soon,” Pansy said. “We could go out.”

“I think that's called a double date,” Blaise responded, smirking. “I'm quite sure that Draco doesn't want to do that. He's not really one for dating anymore.”

“It's just dinner,” Ginny said kindly, as she glanced at Draco. “Don't you like to eat?”

God, that was a stupid thing to say.

He looked at her and nodded. “I do appreciate fine cuisine, but I'd if it's all the same to you I'd rather not go out with you, Weasley.”

She could hear the disgust in his voice. She wondered if it was because of last night. He seemed to be enjoying himself, even after she'd thrown eggs at him. And after they'd used the kitchen as their own personal bedroom, they spent the rest of the night in his bed, talking.

So she didn't understand his change in demeanor.

“Well that was rude,” Pansy remarked, her voice chipped, glaring at Draco. “What is wrong with you?”

“I just don't want to go out with her,” he snapped. “Alright?”

“I'm no expert or anything, but I think you should wait until the person you're discussing isn't within earshot before you verbally bash them,” Blaise interrupted. He stood and took Ginny's hand. “Come on, we'll get out of here. You don't need to sit there and be insulted.”

Ginny didn't withdraw her hand. Instead, she curled it around his and let him lead her outside. The air was cool as it hit her. Blaise leaned against the window of the bar, his eyes on her. His fingers tightened around hers in a reassuring manner. When she moved to stand beside him, he dropped her hand and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. He felt her relax slightly.

“You didn't deserve that,” he told her. “I don't know why Draco's being such a prick. Did something else happen between you two last night?”

Something did happen, just not last night.

“No,” she said, shaking her head. “We had a nice time. At least I thought so.”

“Oh good, you're still here. I'm so sorry about that. I really thought he'd respond better than he did.” Pansy stepped beside her. “He told me why he said that.”

Ginny shrugged. “It wasn't going to turn into anything, we knew that. One night stands stay that way. He had every right to decline the offer if he felt you were pushing him into something more.”

“He thinks he shouldn't get close to you, but he couldn't explain why.”

She didn't really know what to say. Maybe it was better that she didn't show up for awhile – he seemed to frequent this place. And if he didn't see her, he wouldn't have a reason to get close to her, and everything would be okay.

Nothing would go to shit.

“I'm going home,” she said, untangling herself from Blaise.

“Maybe we can get breakfast later,” he said, grinning.

“I don't think so,” Ginny said. “I'm probably going to see my parents tomorrow. But maybe we can get together afterward?”

Blaise nodded. “Sounds good.”

As Ginny walked away, Pansy hit him in the shoulder.

“What the hell are you doing?” she asked.

“What? She's fair game,” he commented, smirking.

**


Draco's fingers tangled in her hair as he pushed her up against the wall. Her hands wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer, her scent intoxicating. When her hands left him and reached underneath his shirt and her hands splayed across his chest, he groaned softly against her mouth. He felt her lips curve upward slightly.

“This is definitely not how I imaged it,” she said softly.

He smirked and pressed his lips against her neck. “You've thought about this?”

“For a long time,” she admitted.

They moved to the bed, his fingers working to undo the buttons of her blouse. It didn't take long for their clothes to be tossed to the floor. When they were wrapped in his green sheet, he stared down at her, his blond hair falling into his eyes.

“What would people say if they knew you were here right now?” he asked.

She smirked. “Other people don't matter. It's just us, Draco.”

As he slid into her, he relished in the fact that no one would ever know about this. She was right. It was just about them. It had been going on for months. Months of hiding, of stolen glances and secret meetings in the darkest corner of the library.

It seemed like hours later when they had finished. The moonlight outside seeped into the room, sliding across their bodies. He stared at her still form, all the while his fingers in her hair. When she opened her brown eyes to look at him, he spoke.

“I'm in love with you, Ginny Weasley.”


Draco sat up. His heart pounded and his body was covered with sweat. He gripped the bed sheet and ran his hands through his hair. He didn't know what had just happened, but it felt so familiar, almost like it was a distant memory, broken into pieces over time and put back together by his intoxicated brain.

“What the fuck?” he whispered into the darkness, his voice raspy
Leave a Review