Draco woke a few hours later after his intimate and very intense encounter with Ginny from earlier. He didn't even realize how tired he was until he was perfectly content with holding Ginny in his arms. He really never got that much rest to begin with ever since Astoria was killed, it was always either him jolting out of an uneasy sleep from vivid nightmares or his mind being flooded with guilt and every other emotion he seemed to feel.

He turned his head to see her sitting on the floor in front of him at the coffee table writing something down. He sat up to get a better look and saw she had his file out and opened and pages laid out. She also had Blaise's file that they also had still out on the other side of her that had been gone through as well. He wasn't angry that she helped herself to his file, in fact, he was somewhat relieved that someone had the balls to actually open it.

He was getting ready to say something to her when he suddenly stopped himself and assessed the situation. The last time he had spoken to her he had berated her with questions under the influence of Veritaserum. He knew she had shared a lot more personal things with him than she probably wanted to and he wasn't really sure how to act now. The moment they shared just a few hours earlier wasn't their typical fuck session, he knew he felt something entirely different and he was pretty positive Ginny felt the same, but he didn't dare ask her about it. What made him feel uneasy right now was how Ginny was going to act towards him...... he figured she was still here after everything so she can't feel that awkward or angry at him about what happened between them.

"You ripped them again," she suddenly said, not turning around and just kept writing.

He was surprised by the sudden sound of her voice. "Uh, ripped what?" he asked her.

She turned to look at him, whipping her tight ponytail all about as she did. "My panties, you ripped them again," she said with an amused smile.

He just threw himself back down on the couch and gave a soft laugh. "Sorry, maybe you should just stop wearing them altogether," he suggested.

She turned around to face him all the way and was her knees, leaning onto the couch cushion where he was lying. "You looked so peaceful sleeping so I left you alone......I thought I'd take a peek at your file, hope that was ok?" she asked with some uncertainty.

He just looked at her and gave a small nod and then his eyes traveled to her bruises and cuts. "How are you feeling?"

She gave a soft sigh. "I could use that pain relief potion, my head is throbbing," she said, rubbing the side of it.

He quickly got up and made his way to the bathroom, slipping his clothes back on as he went. "You sure you don't want another vial of Veritaserum?" he teased.

She didn't answer.

"Ginny?" he called out. Again she didn't answer and he walked back over to her and he saw she had her hand up over her nose. "Are you ok?"

She just nodded and then walked past him into the bathroom and grabbed a bunch of tissues. He was behind her in an instant and saw she had a pretty significant nosebleed, that had dripped down her face and her hand from holding it. He grabbed a rag and ran it under the water before handing it to her.

"What's going on with you?" he asked her, his voice was filled with worry and concern.

She just shook her head. "I don't know, I passed out in the Ministry bathroom for hours the other day after I had another nosebleed," she said.

"WHAT? Ginny, this isn't good, maybe you need to see someone?" he suggested, becoming a little annoyed that he didn't know about her passing out the other day....not that she really needed to tell him anyway.

"Maybe, it's been happening a lot more often, mostly at work, definitely whenever I'm around Will," she said, rolling her eyes jokingly.

"Maybe it's stress? Maybe you need to take it easy for a while?" he said, rinsing the rag for her and then handing it back.

She just shrugged. "I'm fine now, let's get back to these files," she said, making her way back over to her spot on the floor.

Draco took a seat beside her and handed her the pain relief potion. "Here, take this, it will help."

She swallowed the potion and then looked at him. "I should be able to use Veritaserum on you now since you invaded my privacy earlier," she said with a smirk.

"Maybe, I'll think about it," he said, knowing very well he would never take it no matter how much he owed it to her.

"Oh, you just wait, Draco Malfoy.....I'll get you to drink it," she said with a wide grin.

"We'll see, now show me what you've been writing down." He nodded towards the paper she had been scribbling away on.

"It's not much yet, just stuff we know and stuff we still need to find out," she said.

He looked at the paper, "Uh, there's not much under the "stuff we already know" side," he said with a raised eyebrow.

She snatched the paper back from him. "Not yet, but there will be," she said sounding hopeful. "So you said you remember what one of these guys looked like from that night.....right?"

He just nodded.

"So, what did he look like?" she asked, feeling a little bad for asking him to go back to one of the darkest days of his life.

"Uh...I'm not sure actually,"

She just looked at him, "What do you mean you're not sure? You said you distinctly remembered one of their faces and now you don't?"

"It's just......" He rubbed his face in frustration. "It was dark that night, I can't recall his features, but if I saw his face again.......I would just know."

"Was he the one that-"

"Yes, he's the one that killed her," he said, looking at Ginny with a slight sneer.

"Sorry," she mumbled. She grabbed a few photos of different people and fanned them out in front of Draco. "I found these also, do you know who any of them are?" she asked, looking at him.

He barely had to look at any of them to answer. "Yeah, they all followed Voldemort, some of them I, unfortunately, had to interact with," he snarled at the memory. "Why? Do they have something to do with Astoria's murder?" he asked, a bit hopeful that he might have some reason as to why someone wanted to make the rest of his life a living hell.

"Well, you would think that would make sense if they did, but all of these people are dead," she said, looking at him, "They were murdered by whoever is behind all of this, well, according to Harry's notes in here. Do you think someone is just taking down ex-death eaters?"

"Maybe, but it's been over five years since this all started, if someone wanted to off me or my parents it seems like they could've done it by now," he said, trying to make sense of it all.

"You would think, but look at this," she said, holding out a picture of another ex-death eater. "Robert Fiddleman, his wife was murdered four years ago by the same people, leaving him and their two kids behind and then two years later they burned down his home with the kids inside. His life had become a living hell until he finally killed himself a few months later," she read off of the file. "I mean, I know he was a death eater, but..... it was like they wanted to make him suffer as much as possible first...." she trailed off as she got lost in her thoughts.

"Well, they're doing a great job on me," he drawled. "What about these?" he asked, reaching forward to some photos that were faced down. "Are these more death eat-"

He was cut off by Ginny slamming her hand down on top of the pile before he could turn them over. "NO!" she yelled suddenly. "It's nothing.......nothing you should have to look at," she whispered.

"Ginny, just let me take a look, maybe I-"

"Draco," she said suddenly, locking eyes with him and shaking her head, "they are photos from that night......believe me, you don't want to see them," she said, sliding the pile of photos over to her.

He just swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat as he realized what she meant. Watching Astoria be murdered right in front of him was the most horrific thing he had ever witnessed and even holding her lifeless body in his arms was the darkest moment of his life. He hadn't had to relive it until that day Ginny accidentally broke his vial of memories open and it was just as hard to watch it again knowing how tragic things would end up. He had never seen the pictures of his dead fiance or the crime scene.....and he was thankful that Ginny stopped him before he had.

They were both suddenly very quiet and Ginny's head was starting to throb again, so much so that she thought she would just hurl right there on the table.

"Uh, I'm not feeling good," she said, standing up.

He got to his feet at her comment and looked her over. "Maybe you need to just commit to resting for a few days instead of trying to play detective?" he suggested with a slight smirk.

She just nodded. "Yeah, maybe."

They both stood there in silence before Ginny was getting ready to leave and Draco wasn't really sure how to say goodbye to her. They had just shared a pretty vulnerable moment earlier and from what Ginny said under the effects of the Veritaserum made it sound like she was quite fond of him. His heart sank at the possibility that maybe Ginny only thought of the intimate moment between them earlier as nothing more than another sex session? He wasn't sure if he should kiss her goodbye because he definitely didn't mind, but he wasn't sure if she would. Yes, she said she likes when he kissed her or touched her and even looked at her, but now that it was out in the open it seemed kind of awkward. He wished he had the courage to ask her if she loved him like he did her, he wanted to snog the hell out of her goodbye, but he just decided to do nothing instead.

Ginny was making her way to the door as he watched her when she suddenly stopped and turned to face him. She looked unsure of what to say and took a few steps closer to him as he met her halfway and she just stopped and looked at him. Her eyes traveled down to his lips and she leaned forward and very gently pressed her lips to his and then she looked back up at him.

"I'll see you tomorrow......Draco," she said softly before turning around and leaving his bedroom.

As soon as she left the room, he bit his fist to contain the loud moan he wanted to let out at how satisfying it was to feel her lips on his.....again. He threw himself down on the couch again and thought about the incredible moment he had with Ginny earlier. He thought about how once again he still never told Ginny how he felt and was unclear on exactly how she felt. It's not like they were going to be a couple or anything, that was just absurd to think about.....right?

__________________________________________________________

The next day Ginny decided she was going to go back to work, even though her mother fought with her the entire time she got ready to make her stay home. She finally made it to the Ministry and before she went to Will's office she wanted to stop by to say a quick hello to Harry and see how he was feeling.

She gave a quick knock on his office door before peeking her head in. "Harry?"

"Good Morning, Ginny, he isn't here," said Cho, sitting at his desk.

Ginny made her way into the office. "Oh, do you know where he is?"

"He's just running late this morning," she said with a small smile.

Ginny just rolled her eyes at her, she hated Cho so much. "Well, thanks," she said sarcastically, making her way to the door again.

"Why are you like that?" Cho suddenly asked.

Ginny stopped and turned around to face her. "Like what?"

"Why are you a total bitch to me all the time?" Cho asked, her feelings looked genuinely hurt.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" Ginny asked her, her anger rising.

"Yes, I am, I want to know why you have this constant need to roll your eyes at me or answer me like I'm a piece of trash," she said, her lip trembling a little bit with emotion.

"I swear if you cry I'm going to deck you in the face," Ginny drawled. "How could you expect me to really act like we are best buds after Harry cheated on me with you? Do you hear yourself? Do you really think I would ever be friends or make nice with someone like that?" Ginny snapped angrily.

Cho just gave her a confused look. "What? What are you talking about? Harry has never been with me like that......we haven't even dated. The only kiss I've ever shared with Harry, besides that time back at school, was when I was at your house for dinner," she said.

Ginny just stared at her with wide eyes. "What? No, he told me he did...I saw you guys, you-" She stopped speaking when she realized she couldn't remember what exactly happened between her and Harry. "Aren't you guys together?" she asked.

Cho just shook her head. "No, Ginny, we were trying it out a few weeks ago, but things just didn't take off so we're just friends. Besides, I think he's already seeing someone else." She shrugged.

Ginny just stared at her again, why the hell would Harry tell her that he cheated on her with Cho? That was what she remembered happening that put the ultimate end to her and Harry's relationship, but now she wasn't so sure she had any proof of it happening other than Harry's words and actions towards her back then. They drifted apart, they fell out of love, she was cold towards him and he distanced himself from her over time.

Ginny quickly left the office and almost slammed right into Harry.

"Oh, hey, Gin, how are you feeling?" he asked her.

She just stared at him, her eyes went wide once more at the sudden news she just received and wasn't sure what to do with it right now.

"Are you ok?" he asked her again, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She just turned her gaze to his hand on her shoulder and then looked at him once more. "Uh, yeah.....yeah, I'm fine. How about you?" she asked, clearing her throat.

"I'm doing a lot better, looks like your bruises are almost gone, thanks to your mum's charm work," he said with a smile.

Ginny just nodded. "Alright, well I better get to work," she said, before making her way across the hall into Will's office.

"Well, there you are, last I knew you went to go check on Harry at his flat," Will laughed.

She just glared at him. "Yeah, well, I was almost killed," she snapped, waving her hand over her face and head to show him her bruising.

"Are you serious?" he asked, his tone changing from warm and charming to one of authority. "Do you remember who it was? Did you see their face?" he asked, grabbing a notepad to take down her statement.

"Put that shit down, Will, I don't need you acting like an Auror right now, how about just a friend?" she said angrily.

He put his quill and pad aside and just nodded. "Well, are you alright?"

She just sighed and slumped down into a chair. "I guess." She shrugged.

"Well, is there anything I can do?" he said, sitting down next to her.

She just looked at him, "Yeah, can you find out who these fuckin people are already? I don't get it, they are EVERYWHERE. How? How the hell do they know where we are and what we're doing all the damn time? It's like...... being trapped.....I feel like everyone I love is in danger. I JUST want this whole thing to be over with already so if you want to do anything to help, you can start by getting off of your damn arse and doing something," she ranted on.

"Ginny, I know it doesn't seem like I'm doing enough, but I'm doing more than you think. Harry is more of a hands-on kind of guy, whereas I like to dot my I's and cross my T's before I go running out there. Perhaps that's why Harry keeps ending up in these near-death situations?"

"But why has it been so long? If someone wanted the Malfoys dead don't you think they would have done it by now?" she asked, trying to get another perspective on the questions she and Draco were asking yesterday as they went through his file.

"Well, they are very well protected with their wards, Narcissa Malfoy herself put those up and as I hear she's rather extraordinary when it comes to charm work so they are pretty impenetrable. I take it that's why they never leave the manor." He shrugged.

She thought about the ward around the Manor and how Narcissa was the one to give her a disabling charm for the one around the files. She wondered if it was a similar one that could potentially take down the one around the Manor and that was why she was so defensive when Ginny asked her about it. She was also hesitant to even give her the charm at all but was a woman of her word and a bet was a bet after all.

"Maybe whoever is behind this is a Legilimens, perhaps you need an Occlumency lesson?" he suggested.

She just looked at him. "Do you really think it's possible? I haven't thought of that, it would make perfect sense, I could probably ask Harry to-"

"Why don't I teach you? You did just say that I'm not doing enough, so let me help with this," he said with a smile.

Ginny had to think about this for a moment, she definitely didn't want Harry to see anything between her and Draco, she thought it would be awkward. She also didn't want him to see how much she cared for Draco and not to mention the fact that she had a copy of Draco's files still. She couldn't think of anyone actually that she would want to dig through her memories and read her mind; if anyone would do it she would prefer a complete stranger. The only problem with Will was that she didn't trust the bloody git.

"Can I think about it?" she asked.

"Sure, why you don't trust me?" he asked with a smirk.

"No, I don't, not one bit," she drawled.

"Ouch, that hurts, but fair enough; let me know if you change your mind."

Ginny just nodded and then watched him for a moment as she thought about her plan to get closer to him to potentially get her file.

"So maybe we can go out tonight?" she casually asked.

"You know, that sounds like a splendid idea, however...." He walked over to his desk and sat across from her. ".........I know you're not looking to be best buds or for a good lay, since Mr. Malfoy seems to be taking care of that for you, so......what is it that you want?" he asked, his tone serious.

She just glared at him, he was certainly not as charming and boring as Ginny originally thought. "I just thought that we should-"

He put his hand up to stop her. "Here's what I think, I think you want to make sure what you saw in your file is really all there is and you think I'm going to help you get it OR that I'll let my guard down enough so you can pull a fast one on me and get it yourself."

Ginny felt a lump form in her throat at how precise he was. "Are YOU, using Legilimency on me?" she asked angrily.

He just laughed. "Absolutely not,"

"I don't think I believe you," she snapped.

"Hmm," was all he said before going back to his work.

It became completely awkward for Ginny all of a sudden, what did "hmm" mean? Was he really reading her mind? If he was, he must be brilliant at it to perform it without a wand.

"Well, can you?" she asked suddenly.

"What? Read your mind?"

"No, can you help me get my file?" she decided to just come right out with it.

He just shook his head at how blunt she was. "You do realize you're asking me, an Auror, if I can steal a file from my Superior,"

"Well, when you say it like that..." she trailed off.

"Ginny, it's not a problem for me to go in there and get it if I wanted, but there isn't anything in there......and even if there was, do you think I'd just let you have it without getting something in return?"

She just locked eyes with him, "Like what exactly?" she drawled.

He just gave her a smug smile. "I'll let you know."

___________________________________________________________

Ginny stood outside of her her brother's joke shop after work for a few moments just watching George through the window as he and Percy got ready to close up. She let out a shaky breath and walked inside and up to the counter where she saw George very surprised to see her.

"Ginny, what are you doing here? Is everything ok?" he asked.

She just nodded. "Uh, George, can I talk to you for a minute? I know you're getting ready to close-"

"It's fine, Percy, you got the rest of this?" he asked his brother, who nodded. George led the way to the back room of the shop and closed the door. "What's going on, Ginny?"

She looked at him for a moment and felt her emotions bubbling up. "This will be quick, I just.....I just need you to know that......" her voice started to crack.

"That what, Gin?" he asked, placing a hand on her arm.

She just looked at his hand on her arm and then back to him. "I'm sorry," she barely whispered. "And.....and I love you, ok?" She tried so hard to hold his gaze.

He looked a bit shocked at her sudden apology and got a bit choked up himself. He nodded at her statement and went to speak when she shook her head for him not to.

"Don't, don't say anything.....just know that I'm trying, ok? I really am," she choked out before wiping the bit of wetness from her eyes before a single tear fell and then gave him a quick hug before leaving the back room as fast as she could.

George just watched her walk out as an emotional smile spread across his face.

___________________________________________________

After Ginny went to talk to George she felt a bit better, she knew she still had a ways to go to heal all the damage that was done between them. After hearing herself tell Draco about what happened with George, whether it was her doing or the Veritaserum, she felt like she had to at least let him know she was trying to build their relationship again. The only thing she feared at this point was that it was too late and things would never be the same between them again.

Ginny had just gotten home after a long day between work and her very unexpected trip to the joke shop and was trying to make it over to Draco's again. She kept telling herself, she was there almost every day to go through the file, but she knew it was just because she loved seeing him. She walked into the kitchen to see dinner was just about ready and made her way into the living room and saw Harry making his way downstairs.

"Oh, hey," she said.

"Hey, Gin, looks like I'm going to be crashing here for a while until.......well I don't know," he said with a shrug.

"Well, it won't be too much different than usual since you're always here anyway," she teased.

He just gave her a small smirk. "Yeah, I just don't think it's best to stay at my place right now," he explained.

She gave a small nod and went to make her way upstairs to change when she stopped. "Harry?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Cho said that you-" She stopped herself, she wanted to tell him what Cho said about him never being with her when they were together and she wanted to know why he lied to her. Instead, she decided to keep that information to herself for now. "She said that things didn't work out between you guys?"

He just looked at her for a moment and scratched the back of his neck uncomfortably. "Uh, yeah....guess they didn't, why?"

She just shrugged. "It's just that, she said she thinks you're seeing someone already......are you?" she asked curiously.

He just looked at the floor. "It's nothing like that, it's nobody....just a friend," he said waving his hand at her to go upstairs.

"Harry, who is it? Do I know them?" she asked.

"Ginny, it's nobody and it's nothing. Go get ready for dinner and keep your nose out of my business," he said with a smirk.

She scoffed. "I will if you keep yours out of mine," she said sarcastically before making her way upstairs.

__________________________________________________

Ginny had just finished getting showered and changed and was about to make her way downstairs to dinner when she heard a tapping at her window. She turned to see what looked like a raven at her window with something tied to its foot. She opened the window and grabbed the paper and opened it up and read the short note.

Hope you had a good visit with your brother........you never know when it will be the last time you'll see him again......

Her breath caught in her throat and she couldn't jump up fast enough. "HARRY!" she screamed out, ripping her door open and running downstairs and crashed right into him.

"Hey, what's up dinner is-"

"GEORGE! WE HAVE TO GET TO HIM NOW!" she screamed, practically pushing the letter into his face to read.

He looked at the note real quick and his eyes went wide and he just looked at her. He ran into the kitchen with Ginny close behind him and showed Arthur the note who jumped up at the threat.

"Let's go," Arthur said as they got ready to apparate to George's place.

"I'm coming," Ginny said, walking behind them.

"NO!" both Arthur and Harry yelled and even her mother who overheard the whole conversation.

"What? Why not?"

"STAY HERE!" Harry yelled at her.

"NO! I WANT TO HELP!" she argued, getting ready to follow them out.

Harry quickly grabbed her arm and dragged her over to a chair and threw her into it. He waved his wand and bound her to the chair tightly and then just gave her a firm look.

"You are staying here, do not follow us, DO NOT!" He turned to Molly. "You can release her after you've talked some sense into her," he said before he and Arthur finally left.

"WHAT THE HELL, HARRY?" she yelled after him, but he was out of sight in a moment.

"Ginny, dear, calm down, you are safest here. Let your father and Harry deal with this, they need to focus, not worry about whether you're going to get hurt or not," Molly explained.

"But, Mum, if something happens to George....." she trailed off as her emotions started to surface.

"He's going to be fine, you have to believe that," she said, through a teary smile, even though it didn't look like she believed it herself.

Ginny nodded in an attempt to comfort her mum before Molly released the binding charm.

They both suddenly heard a knock at the front door and Molly went to go get it. "I wonder who that could be," she said, walking into the living room.

Ginny went to follow her mum into the living room when something through the kitchen window caught her eye. She peeked through it to see someone standing out there and she realized something wasn't right.

"MUM, WAIT!" she yelled out and ran into the living room before her mother could get to the door.

Before Ginny could reach her mum, she heard a loud blast and ran into the next room to see her mum lying on the floor and the front door forced open. She went to run to her mum's side when she was already having a spell thrown at her and she took cover back behind the kitchen door. Her heart was racing, she couldn't just leave her mum here with these people and she couldn't make a run for it out of the back because someone was waiting out there too.

"Pull yourself together, Ginny," she whispered to herself before she could start to panic.

Her mind couldn't help but go back to the day she was attacked at Harry's flat. Why were these people here? Was the note about George just a distraction? Her mind was racing with a million different possibilities. She wanted to grab her mum and apparate somewhere safe, but she didn't dare go anywhere they would think she would go.

She was pulled from her thoughts when someone broke into the back door and she quickly went to run back into the living room when the person shot some sort of binding spell at her that wrapped around one of her ankles before she could outrun it. She fell to the floor and he started dragging her back towards him.

"Not so fast, we barely had time to play," he said, as she was now flat on her back in front of him.

"Sorry, I don't play well with others," she quickly said before she brought her other foot up and kicked him right between the legs.

He fell to his knees and threw a spell at her as she barreled into the living room and quickly put up a Protego charm as the other man in the room started shooting spells at her. She was getting quite annoyed at the constant curses flying at her and she pushed the Protego charm outward towards him and knocked him off his feet. She took her chance to run to her mum's side and decided she couldn't possibly leave without casting one of her famous Bat-Bogey hexes on one of these guys. She threw it right at the guy coming from the kitchen and he fell to the floor holding his face. A smug smile tugged at her face right before she placed a hand on her mum and apparated out of there.

______________________________________________________

Harry was pounding as hard as he could on the doors to Malfoy Manor, his stomach in knots still since he returned back to the Burrow and realized Ginny and Molly were gone. One of the men was still knocked out that Arthur took to the Ministry first for questioning and then to Azkaban. Right now, the only thing on Harry's mind was where the hell Ginny and Molly were.

The door opened and Narcissa was quite surprised to see him. "Mr. Potter, what can I help you with?" she asked, opening the door to let him in once she saw his expression.

"Is Ginny here?" he quickly asked her.

"I don't think so." She turned to Tilly, who was beside her. "Get Draco, now," she ordered. She turned back to Harry. "What happened?"

He just shook his head, "I don't know, they showed up at the Burrow, while Arthur and I were checking up on Ginny's brother because she got a letter saying that they were going after him. Turns out he's perfectly fine.....it was a distraction," he said in a rush and then turned his attention towards Draco, who was making his way downstairs and over to them.

"What's going on?" he asked, his thoughts immediately went to Ginny.

"Please tell me that Ginny was up there with you," he said to Draco, hoping by some miracle she was.

"No, she never came here today,"

"FUCK!" he yelled out. "I have to go," he quickly said, turning on his heel and leaving the Manor.

"POTTER, WAIT!" Draco yelled out, running after him. "I'm coming with you."

"No, Draco, I don't think-"

"Just shut up," Draco cut him off with a snarl before he followed Harry in search of Ginny.

______________________________________________________________

"Mum......MUM!" Ginny called out, to try and wake her mother up from her unconscious state.

She looked around at where she was and she had no idea, she just thought of some kind of wooded area to get to until she had a better place to go. She just couldn't show up anywhere where her family would be at risk; she didn't know if they would somehow follow her.

"Gin-Ginny?" Molly whispered.

"Hey, Mum, are you alright? You have quite the bump there," she said with a wince as she touched it gently.

"I'm fine, are you ok?" she asked, letting Ginny help her to her feet.

She nodded. "Mum, I think we should go to Chamberlain's place for now until we get a hold of Harry. I don't want to risk going to Ron and Hermione's or anyone else in case these people are following us," she said, looking at her mother for approval.

Molly nodded in agreement and put her arm around Ginny's shoulders as they apparated to Will's flat.

As soon as Ginny landed in front of his building she quickly made her way up to his floor with her mum draped over her shoulders. As she neared his door, she saw it was already wide opened and she stood in the doorway with a very confused look.

"What?" she breathed out as she looked at the completely empty apartment.

There was nothing left, it looked like nobody ever lived there. She looked around at the other doors to make sure she had the right apartment and then looked inside his flat once more. She even went inside and looked around and saw that the place was completely empty.

"Ginny? What's wrong?" Molly asked, leaning on the doorway for support.

She turned back towards her mum and frowned. "Nothing, I think I just have the wrong place. Come on, maybe we should just take you to St. Mungo's."

Her mother shook her head no. "Over a bump? I think not," she said, waving her hand.

Ginny just sighed and slid down the wall and sat in the hallway, her mother took a seat beside her.

They were both very quiet for a few minutes.

"Ginny?"

She heard her mother call her name. "Yeah?"

"Why didn't you just apparate to Malfoy Manor?"

Ginny turned to look at her and she didn't say anything.

"You know that is probably one of the safest places right now, that ward that Narcissa put up......it's pretty extraordinary, it would take a lot to get through that, but I think you already know this," she said, looking at her daughter.

Ginny just sighed and nodded, "I know, its just......that's the first place I ever go lately whenever something bad happens and....." she trailed off.

"And what, sweetheart?"

"Nothing, this isn't the time or place for this conversation," she said, clearing her throat.

"Ginevra, we are sitting in a hallway waiting for enough time to go by before we return home...I think we have time to kill," she said with a small smile.

She just looked at her mum. "I....I know I told you that I'm in love with Draco, it's just....every time I'm there and I'm with him I just fall further and further in love with him."

"That sounds lovely, why would that stop you from going then?"

"Well, it's just that, I'm trying to not to be in love with him, the last time I was there......." She stopped and a giant smile spread across her face as she thought back to the very intimate moment they had. "The last time I was there, I didn't ever want to leave his side again, but...... Sometimes it seems like he might feel somewhat of the same way, but then when I think about everything that has happened to him I know it's not possible."

"Why not?"

"Mum, are you serious? His fiance, the woman he was in love with, the woman he WANTED to marry was murdered. I can NEVER, replace her and I feel quite silly to think he could even possibly think of me in that way." she said and then started laughing at how ridiculous she sounded. "It doesn't matter, every time I try to stay away from him I keep going back and then when I'm there I just can't help it. I don't want him to constantly compare me to her, what I am and what I'm not......I don't think I'll ever be enough, Mum, not for him. I feel like I need to live up to this certain expectation now and I don't know if I can do that. Is this making any sense?" she asked her mum with a frown.

Molly couldn't help but smile at Ginny's words. "Well, you're right.....you can NEVER replace Astoria, but that's because you're not her, sweetie. I think that Draco is......more fond of you than you think he is," she said, lifting Ginny's chin to look at her.

Ginny just bit her lip, "You really think so?" she asked with a slight smile.

"I do, but I think you both still have a lot of healing left to deal with first before either of you can properly love one another," she said, putting her arm around Ginny and pulling her closer to her.

"Yeah.....that's what scares me the most," Ginny whispered before she laid her head on her mum's shoulder.

She was positive about her feelings for Draco, but even though she and Draco had the most unforgettable time together whenever they were in the same room, she still questioned his feelings for her. Yes, he initiated that kiss the other day after she poured out a lot of private feelings for him, but he was also very vulnerable right now. She wanted so badly to just come out and ask him if he loved her and normally that's the kind of person she was, but if it turned out he didn't......she was too scared to know the truth.

Author notes: So what do you think? A lot more will be going on in the next few chapters AND hopefully some answers will be revealed. PLEASE PLEASE REVIEW!!!!

Leave a Review