It had been a few days since Ginny had seen Draco last, she had owled him to let him know how the few charms they found, unfortunately, didn't work on getting through the protective spell around the files. She was spending any of her spare time trying to figure something out; she would go straight to the library after work and then spend most of the night reading books she lugged home. Then when she would finally decide to head to bed, she couldn't sleep because the only thing on her mind was those damn files. She was actually doing her work at the Ministry the past few days when Harry started noticing she was barely getting anything done. She knew she needed to keep this job if she wanted to try and find any answers to the hundreds of questions she had so she made sure to get a decent amount done.

"Alright Harry, I'm going to start heading out," she said, placing the last file in the cabinet.

"Thanks, Gin, so are you ready for tomorrow?" he asked, looking up from his work.

"What's tomorrow?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh, dinner with the Malfoys?"

"What? I had no idea that was even happening........mum and dad never said anything," she said sounding surprised.

She was also surprised at the fact that Lucius and Narcissa were even trying to be civil still. She figured it might have been from the words they exchanged a few days ago at the Manor. She was hoping Narcissa and Lucius didn't bring up the fact that she had been at the Manor a couple of times since the Hogsmeade incident because she knew Harry and her parents would have a lecture waiting for her.

"Yeah, I think they are coming to the Burrow," he said casually.

"Oh, are you and Cho-"

"Just me this time," he said with a smile.

Ginny just exchanged a small smile back. "Alright, well I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," she said before leaving the office.

_________________________________________________

Ginny walked down to the kitchen and sat at the table awaiting the arrival of the Malfoys. She watched her mother getting the rest of dinner together and then decided to grab the dishes and start setting the table.

"Are Percy and George coming tonight?" she asked her mum.

"Not tonight, dear."

"Oh, why not?" she casually asked, she was worried George didn't come because of how their last conversation went and she immediately felt guilty.

"I think he's just been busy with the shop dear," she said waving her hand.

"Oh," was all Ginny said before taking a seat once more at the table.

She rubbed her face to keep herself awake, she was exhausted but her mind would not allow her to get the rest she needed.

"Are you alright, Ginny? You know, if this job is too much for you-"

"Mum, I'm fine, relax. I'm going to catch up on some sleep tonight so no worries." She gave her mum a reassuring smile. She watched her mum continue to bustle about the kitchen, pulling trays out of the oven and tasting her food to make sure it was perfect. "Mum, why didn't you tell me the Malfoys were coming for dinner tonight?"

"I did, sweetie, the night the letter came I told you how surprised we were that they suggested we have dinner at the Burrow? Don't you remember? You had your nose in all those books that night, perhaps you forgot?"

Ginny couldn't even remember the other night at all, she had spent all her evenings knee deep in books from the library, so she could have very well drowned out anything her mother told her. "I guess.....sorry."

"Is that what you're wearing?" her mother questioned, taking a quick glance over her shoulder at Ginny's outfit.

"Yes, yes, yes and I'm NOT changing," she snapped, as she saw her mum give a small frown at her jeans and T-shirt combo. "Stop staring at me, I'm DONE trying to impress those jerks," she growled in frustration.

"It's not to impress anybody, sweetie, it's just to avoid-"

"Mum, I don't care what they think.....and neither should you," she snapped angrily, before storming out of the kitchen.

As she walked into the living room, she heard a knock at the door and immediately rolled her eyes at it. She stomped over to the door and whipped it open to see the Malfoys standing there.

"Well, well, look who it is, family of the year," she sarcastically drawled, holding out her hand for them to make their way in.

"I would've just barged right in and roamed your home like some nosy rat, but I thought I'd leave that to you, Miss Weasley," Narcissa shot back.

Ginny just gave her a deadly glare.

"Alright, dear, let's mind our tongues," Lucius reminded his wife, placing a firm hand on her shoulder.

They both made their way into the living room and were soon welcomed by Mr. and Mrs. Weasley. Ginny turned her attention to Draco, who was already by her side in a moment as soon as his parents were out of earshot.

"Did you find anything else?" he quietly asked.

"No, nothing, I've been going every day after work and looking through books all night. I'm running out of ideas," she explained, leading him over to a corner to better discuss their dilemma.

"Alright.....I'm going to suggest something that might sound crazy but........you're probably going to have to ask Granger."

"Screw that, no way. You don't understand, she WILL ask questions and then we can forget about getting any files at all," Ginny explained.

"Hey, Gin."

Ginny and Draco turned to see Harry walking towards them.

"Oh, hey, Harry," she said with a small smile.

Harry and Draco just stared at each other for a few moments before Harry turned back to Ginny. "Mind if I have a quick word with Draco for a moment?"

"Oh, yeah, sure," she said before making her way into the kitchen.

"What do you want, Potter, want to take another swing at me?" Draco spat, pushing past him.

"Hold on a second," Harry said, grabbing his arm to stop him. "Listen, I'm sorry how that all went down, but when it comes to Ginny-"

"Yeah, I get it," he snarled, before ripping his arm free and storming off into the kitchen.

Dinner went by painfully slow; Ginny had a feeling it would be this way since the incident in Hogsmeade. She wanted to just scream out in frustration with how pathetic it all was, but she refrained from doing so and decided to try and spark up some sort of conversation.

"So, Dad, how much longer do we need to keep doing this crap before Kingsley decides we can all play nice?" she said casually, taking a bite of her food.

Everyone's eyes were on her at her blunt question.

"What? You know you're all thinking it," she said through a mouthful of food and a quick shrug.

"Well, Ginny, that's a very good question, Mr. Malfoy and I have a meeting with Kingsley next week to discuss it further," Arthur explained, clearing his throat to get the words out as the entire conversation started to become quite awkward.

"I'm sure he won't be too pleased with the latest events, however, I mean between Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade," Molly mentioned, sending a glare over to Ginny.

"And here comes a lecture....... so I'm going to go ahead and NOT stick around for that thanks," Ginny sarcastically said before pushing out her chair and walking towards the back door. "I'd love to stick around, but........I just don't care right now," she said before opening the door and slamming it shut.

Draco had to lower his head and casually cover his mouth a bit to hide the smirk that was covering his face.

"My apologies, Ginny is just under a lot of....... stress lately," Molly explained, anger rising in her voice at her daughter's rude departure.

"I can only imagine," Narcissa drawled with a slight smirk.

"I'll go talk to her," Harry said quietly before slipping out of the back door.

Ginny wasn't sure why she couldn't hold her tongue tonight, she was just pissed. She wanted to go off on her parents and Harry because she knew they were hiding something from her. She wanted to tear into Draco's parents because they acted like some privileged do-gooders that were owed something. She was tired of pretending and she was sick of not knowing what the truth was.

"Ginny, what was that about?" Harry demanded. "Acting like that won't help your Father's chances-"

"Please just shut up," she quickly cut him off.

He just stared at her with his mouth slightly open. "Excuse me?"

Ginny didn't answer him, she just took a seat on the steps and buried her head in her knees. "Just leave me alone," she mumbled out.

He took a seat beside her and gently put a hand on her back. "Gin, what's going on? Is something wrong?"

She turned her head to look at him and then sat back up. "Harry....... have you ever lied to me?"

"I don't understand....... what do you mean?" he asked with a confused look on his face.

"What do you mean you don't understand? Lie to me, have you ever been dishonest with me?" she repeated as she grew annoyed.

"No, I get that, but why are you asking me that?"

"So you have?"

"What? No, I would never lie to you."

"Pft, yeah right," she mumbled.

"Is this about the Hogsmeade thing again?" he asked growing angry.

"NO! And what if it is? You going to yell at me again?" she snapped, getting up from the steps and walking away.

He quickly caught up with her, "Ginny, stop it, please talk to me," he pleaded with her as he stood in front of her and gently grabbed her by the arms.

She just looked at him, his eyes seemed concerned for her and she knew she had to stop letting her anger and emotions come out like this. She watched him for a moment longer as his eyes searched hers for any sign that she was ok.

"Harry......I'm sorry, I'm just really tired, I haven't been sleeping well and I'm just moody."

She wasn't sure if he believed her or not, but he just gently nodded and then pulled her to him. Ginny was surprised when she felt him place a soft kiss on her forehead before pulling away and gestured for her to follow him back inside.

"I........ don't think I can go back in there right now.......why don't you just go back in without me; I'll be back in soon," she sighed, before taking a seat once more on the steps.

"Ok," he said before making his way back in.

Ginny just sat there for a few moments listening to the quiet sounds of the night. She decided she needed to clear her mind and with that, she grabbed one of her many brooms and took off for a long overdue broom ride. Feeling the light breeze whip through her hair was one of the things she missed most about flying. She really wanted nothing more than to confront Harry about those files, but the chance that he would deny it and then get rid of them was a chance she did not want to take. She wanted to find out what was in there first and then rip into him.....well, depending on what it was......if anything. Again she kept thinking to herself that it could very well be nothing in there that was even worth all this sleep deprivation.

She did a few of her favorite tricks on her broom, but her favorite thing to do was to just fly as high and as fast as she can. She would dive down and then pull up at the very last moment before she hit the ground, just like she always did. She saw the lake down below that she had jumped in last time, but instead, her attention went to Draco who was down on the ground. She zoomed down and stopped just a few inches away from him, using her foot to skid to a hard stop.

"Leaving already?" she asked through her heavy breaths.

"Well, you know, you just went out of your way to be so warm and welcoming this evening," he smirked at her.

Ginny gave a light laugh. "Sorry, everything is just catching up with me."

"Draco... Let's go," came Narcissa's voice from the doorway.

They both turned to her. "I guess you're being summoned," Ginny teased as she received a glare from her.

Narcissa made her way over to Ginny. "Well, Miss Weasley, I'm sure you'll be wandering the Manor sometime soon so no need for goodbyes."

"If only you had won that bet," Ginny said with a smug smile. Then she suddenly remembered that she did indeed win that bet and Narcissa had to answer a question of her choosing.

Narcissa just glared at her. "Yes, if only," she turned to leave when Ginny stopped her.

"Mrs. Malfoy....... can I speak to you for a moment, privately?"

Draco and his mother looked at each other and then to Ginny; Draco raised a questioning eyebrow to her, who gave a quick nod to trust her.

"I'd say no, but you've peaked my interest, what do you want?" Narcissa said coldly, walking out into the field.

"Well, I want to ask my question."

"Now?"

"Yes, but you can't ask me why I'm asking......just answer it..... and truthfully."

Narcissa just squinted her eyes slightly at the redhead as she imagined what kind of a question she would ask her. "Alright, a bet is a bet."

"What is the disabling charm for that protective ward around that fancy home of yours?"

Narcissa just laughed. "Like I would actually ever tell you that? Why the hell would you even ask such a question? Did someone put you up to this?" she suddenly started asking questions, some concern in her voice.

Ginny could tell discussing the protective ward around the Malfoy home was a very sensitive topic and Narcissa automatically went into defense mode.

"Relax, no, it's nothing like that. There is something I need to get, but it's very much protected by some sort of advanced protection spell.....seems like a bit of dark magic even. I know you're the person to ask about a potential disabling charm."

Narcissa just stared at her. "I can assure you......the wards around the Manor will NEVER be disabled; I've made sure of that. However, if you are seeking an advanced disabling charm for a bit of dark magic, then you need to USE a little dark magic," she simply explained, waving her wand and conjuring up a piece of paper that had an incantation written down on it. "Here you go, this will work."

Ginny went to take it from her when Narcissa still had it held tightly in her hand. "DO NOT make me regret giving you this, Miss Weasley," she said before letting the paper go.

Ginny just nodded.

"Good night, Miss Weasley," she said with one last glare at Ginny before she walked back over to Draco. "I'll see you back at the Manor, Draco, don't be long."

Draco nodded and then she joined Lucius back inside where they returned home. Draco quickly made his way over to Ginny and before he could ask her what that was all about she held up the paper to him.

"What is that?"

"I just got the disabling charm for those files from your mum," she said with a giant smile.

"What? How?" he asked, grabbing the paper from her and looking it over to make sure it was real.

"Just a bet I won," she smirked to herself.

"You know I'd ask you to explain, but forget it. What made you think to ask her?" They both just looked at each other. "Yeah, never mind," he mumbled.

Ginny watched his expression suddenly change from excitement to what she could have sworn was uncertainty.

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, Weasley, just make sure you grab that bloody file next time you play receptionist," he said with a small sneer, then turning to leave.

"WAIT!" she called out to stop him. He turned to look at her. "When was the last time you had a good fly?" she said, walking over to the spare brooms she had and gesturing to one of them.

He gave a giant smirk and then walked over to her and grabbed one. "I don't know, I think your mum is waiting for you so she can give you a proper lecture about your rude Weasley ways."

They both looked at the back window into the kitchen where Molly was doing dishes with an angry look on her face.

"Yeah, I'd rather put that off for as long as I can," she said before pushing off the ground and letting the night air whip around her face.

Draco just watched her for a second before he too joined her up in the air. He was surprised at how amazing it felt to just fly right now, it really did almost seem like all his worries were just left on the ground below. As soon as he thought he could actually enjoy what it felt like to not carry such pain and guilt, he soon found himself thinking of how he would soon have that file in his hands.

"Draco? Are you ok?" Ginny asked as she hovered beside him out of breath.

"Uh, yeah, I have to get going," he quickly said before he made his way back to the ground.

Ginny quickly followed him and dismounted her broom before finally catching up to his quick departure. "Draco, what's going on? Thought you'd be happy that we would finally get those files."

"Happy?" he suddenly snapped at her. "Believe me..... what's in that file is NOTHING happy."

"That's not what I meant-"

"You know what, Weasley, let me explain myself to you so JUST MAYBE you can try to understand. We are NOT friends, I just need you to help me get this file and THAT'S IT! We will play pretend for a few more weeks for this Ministry bullshit and then your unwelcomed trips to the Manor will come to an end. I don't need any lunch outings, I don't need any fucking broom rides, I JUST NEED THAT DAMN FILE!" he yelled.

"What's going on?" came Harry's voice from the porch.

Draco didn't even turn around, he just stared at the redhead before him who wanted to go off on him, but he knew Harry's arrival put a stop to that. He just shook his head slightly in frustration and then Apparated back to the Manor.

"What was that about?" Harry asked, walking up to Ginny.

"Oh, you know, just Draco Malfoy being a complete arse," she shrugged.

Harry just nodded. "So I'm going out with Ron and Hermione tonight, you want to join us?"

"Are you guys going to....... Pristine Point?" she asked with a hopeful smile.

"Yeah," he said with a smirk.

"Definitely then," she said with a bright smile.

Ginny thought about "Pristine Point". It was a place on a beach somewhere in the middle of nowhere that just had a bar, music and carefree people. It was normally a place that muggles hung out, but her, Harry, Hermione and Ron made a pact to use this place as a getaway after the war. Whenever they went they left their lives behind and were totally different people, they didn't use magic except to Apparate there and back, especially because there was still some muggles that came and went. Nobody knew of this place except them four, not even Ginny's parents. They weren't allowed to talk about anything from the Wizarding world and whenever someone new would be allowed into their little safe haven all former tension between any of them had to be left behind. This is where Ginny would have countless nights out and spend the entire night just dancing and drinking and most times passing out somewhere on the beach.

"Guess I'll see you there then," Harry said before Apparating back home.

_________________________________________________

Monday morning arrived and Ginny found herself face down on a pile of files on Harry's desk. She jumped in surprise when she heard the door open then close and saw Harry walking up to her.

"Were you sleeping?" he laughed.

"I'm sorry, I was out all night," she moaned, rubbing her face roughly to try and wake up.

"Again? We went out Saturday night, you should have used last night to get some sleep," he said, giving her a stern look.

"I know, but I can't sleep so I just went out again." She sighed.

She was angry with herself because she was supposed to grab the file while Harry was at his morning meeting, but she dozed off instead. She was going to use her lunch break to grab it while Harry was gone, but her mother was insistent that she join her and her father for lunch.

"No more going out and partying all night...... get some rest tonight," he ordered her.

"Yes, Dad," she joked before getting up and walking towards the door. "Guess let's go get this lunch date over with."

"Wow, first you're mad that I keep canceling them and now that we are having one all together you don't want to go?"

"Oh shush," she said, pushing him out the door.

They arrived at Diagon Alley and met up with her parents at the new pub that opened up. The place was packed and noisy and Ginny's head wanted to explode all over the newly finished wood floor.

"Sweetheart, I think you need to go straight to sleep when you get home from work," Molly said, reaching across the table and cupping her daughter's face with one hand. "You're starting to get circles under your eyes."

"Thanks for the update, Mum," she mumbled, taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Have you figured out what you're wearing for the wedding yet?" Molly asked her.

"Huh?"

"Your brother's wedding? It's only in a couple of weeks; honestly, Ginny dear, do you have a clue what is going on lately?" she went off on her.

Ginny just drowned it all out and stuck to one-word answers throughout the rest of lunch.

_________________________________________

The end of the day was finally nearing and Ginny just wanted to grab the files and get out of here. She spent the entire day doing actual work and she was sick of it already, it was just so boring she wanted to scream out in frustration.

"Hey, I'll be right back, I just need to go run these files to Kingsley real quick," Harry said before leaving the office.

Ginny wanted to take this opportunity to grab the files but was unsure of how long Harry would be gone. She decided to chance it and quickly made her way over to the file cabinet and unlocked it. Just as she went to go mutter the spell, there was a quick knock and then someone poked their head in.

"Oh, sorry, is Mr. Potter here?"

Ginny quickly sat back down behind the desk and grabbed a random file. "He'll be right back," she said quickly before looking up.

"Ah, Miss Weasley, I didn't realize you were working here now."

Ginny realized it was Chamberlain, who had entered the office, the Auror from that day in Diagon Alley. "Yep, you know being an accomplice and all I'm exactly right where I need to be," she drawled, folding her arms and glaring at him.

He just gave a small chuckle and then walked closer to the desk. "Perhaps an apology is in order, sorry, Miss Weasley."

Ginny just gave a small smile.

"Anyway, I'm just dropping these off for Mr. Potter, I'm sure you can make sure he gets these," he said with a handsome smile.

"Uh, sure," she said, then watched him leave the room.

She was taken aback by how nice Chamberlain was to her and didn't expect an apology from him at all. She quickly cleared her head and then looked at the file he handed her and it had Blaise Zabini's name on it.

"Well, well, let's see what you're hiding Blaise," she said to herself before opening the file.

Harry had returned as she started flipping through it.

"Oh, hey Harry, that Chamberlain guy dropped this file off for...WAIT- WHAT?"

Before Ginny could take in what she was reading Harry had the file in his hand. "You shouldn't be reading that," he snapped.

Ginny just stared at him with wide eyes. "Harry.....is that......a death certificate?" she asked as her mind started racing.

Harry just gave a hard sigh. "Yes."

"But....wh-how- I don't understand, when did Blaise die?"

"About two years ago; I thought maybe Malfoy had told you by now."

"I have to go," she quickly said as she stormed out of his office.

"GINNY WAIT!" he called after her, but she had already disappeared.

____________________________________________

Draco found himself once again at the dinner table that he was forced to sit at every evening. He was waiting for Ginny to get here with the file and he couldn't keep his mind on a clear thought right now.

"Draco, you seem quite antsy; something on your mind?" Narcissa asked, watching him push his food around.

"Yeah, I'm wondering why I keep showing up for these pretend family dinners," he snapped.

"You'll keep pretending if you want to keep eating boy," Lucius said, shooting his son an angry glare.

They suddenly were alerted that someone had entered the wards around the Manor and Draco immediately thought of Ginny. Why the hell was she entering the wards when she was supposed to wait for him outside of them? Before any of them could get up there was a hard knock on the door and Tilly was making her way over to open it. As soon as the door was unlocked, it was thrown open and Ginny came storming in.

Draco immediately jumped to his feet and went to meet her halfway, but she was in front of him before he had a chance to take a step.

"What the hell are you doing her-"

Before he could finish his sentence he felt Ginny's hand hit him hard across the face.

"WHAT THE FUCK, WEASLEY!?"

"HOW DARE YOU!" she screamed at him.

At this point, Lucius and Narcissa were on their feet as well and were about to step in when Ginny went off on Draco.

"What the hell are you talking about?" he asked angrily, bringing his hand up to his face where there was a giant welt mark.

She shoved him hard enough that he fell back into his seat.

"HOW COME YOU NEVER TOLD ME BLAISE WAS DEAD?"

He froze as soon as the words left her mouth and he didn't dare look at her or his parents.

"YOU KNEW HE WAS DEAD THIS WHOLE TIME AND YET YOU SPOKE TO ME ABOUT HIM LIKE HE WAS STILL ALIVE...... WHAT THE HELL, DRACO? WHY? WHY WOULD YOU LIE ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT?"

He glanced up at her for a moment and for the first time since he had seen Ginny again, her face held emotion; he couldn't tell exactly what but it looked like hurt and betrayal, but mostly anger.

"I didn't lie... I just-"

"SAVE IT! HERE I AM TRYING TO HELP YOU BY TRYING TO STEAL ALL THESE FILES AND SHIT FOR YOU AND YOU DIDN'T THINK YOU SHOULD TELL ME THIS? THE TRUTH MAYBE? OH, THAT'S RIGHT, WE AREN'T FRIENDS SO I GUESS I'M ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS AND THAT CLEARLY ISN'T SOMETHING I NEED TO KNOW!"

Narcissa and Lucius looked at Draco as soon as Ginny mentioned the files she was trying to steal.

"Miss Weasley-"

"Don't worry, I'm going," she snapped, before turning on her heel and storming out of the Manor.

As soon as she started walking away, Draco heard his parents start questioning him, but he didn't bother to listen to anything they said, he just quickly got up and ran after the Weaslette.

"WAIT, WEASLEY!" he yelled out to her when he saw her almost through the wards.

Ginny wasn't sure why, but she stopped and she waited for him to catch up to her. She was livid and hurt, all this time she thought they were somewhat on the same side and then to find out this secret was a lot to take it.

"What the hell do you want, Malfoy?"

He would be lying if he said the fact that she called him by his last name didn't upset him a bit. "I should have told you about Blaise...... it's just he didn't just die..... he was murdered and....... it's just not something that's......" he had trouble finding the words.

"Murdered? By who? Why wasn't this is the paper or something?" she started berating him with questions.

"Blaise's family didn't want it to be...... can't we discuss this inside?" he asked her.

She was quiet for a moment, her anger still coursing through her body. "No, I'm done with this right now, I have to go," she said before walking through the ward and Apparating away before Draco could stop her.

_______________________________________________

Later that night Ginny had found herself sitting on her bedroom floor looking at an old newspaper article with Blaise's picture on it; something from their Hogwarts days. She let out a soft sigh before finally setting the article down beside her. She was so mad at Draco for keeping something like that from her, this whole time she had been helping him when really he was just keeping everything from her still. He did make it clear the other day that he was only interested in the files, so maybe it was unfair of her to be angry with him in the first place. She wasn't even sure how she felt about Blaise's death, she was saddened, of course, to hear about it, but to cry over it? Yeah, right, she hadn't cried in almost five years and she wasn't about to start now.

There was suddenly a light knock on her door, but she didn't bother to answer, she knew whoever it was would come in any way. She heard their footsteps come closer and then they took a seat beside her.

"Are you alright?"

She turned to look at Harry, she wasn't that fond of him right now either, but she was less angry at him than she was with Draco right now.

"Just peachy," she mumbled.

Harry took notice of the article she had been reading and then looked at her face. She was definitely upset, but Harry hadn't seen this kind of emotion from Ginny in a long time.

"You really should stop looking at this," he said softly grabbing the article.

Ginny quickly ripped it out of his hand. "JUST......just leave me alone, Harry."

"Are you really that mad at Malfoy?" He asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"YES," she shouted, then let out a growl of frustration. "I want you to be honest with me, Harry," she said suddenly, looking at him with a serious expression.

"Alright," he said, locking eyes with her.

"These people that attacked us in Hogsmeade...... did they kill Blaise?"

Harry looked down at the article she had in her hand. "Yes."

"Is that why Draco wanted to catch them so badly?"

"That's...... not the only reason....... and don't ask me anything more about it. THAT is not my place to tell you," he said firmly, looking at her once more.

She just nodded.

"I think you need to get some rest tonight," he said, getting up and then holding his hand out for her to take.

"I'll try, I've got a splitting headache right now," she sighed, accepting his outstretched hand and letting him pull her to her feet.

"Probably from all the drinking you did over the weekend?" he teased.

She gave a small smirk.

"Uh, hey, Gin, just curious," Harry started.

"About?"

"Are you and Malfoy friends now......or like-"

"Or like what?" She laughed. "We are nothing, we aren't even friends apparently.....why?" she asked.

"I'm just asking, you are so fixated on him lately."

"Yeah, because I'm trying to help dad out by making some sort of effort to be friends with that little wanker."

"So you ARE fixated on him?"

"What? No! Please leave," she suddenly snapped, ripping her door open for him to leave.

"Alright, alright, I'm going, I'll see you at work tomorrow," he said as he walked through the door.

Before he could get another word out, Ginny had slammed the door in his face.

_______________________________________________

Draco had been watching the fire burn for the past hour just thinking about the earlier events. He wasn't sure if he was angry at the Weaslette for acting like she had the right to know his secrets or if he was angrier at himself for not telling her. Why did it matter anyway? Why did he even care how she felt; were they friends, after all? He definitely didn't think of her as one.......did he? He rubbed his face and slouched down on the couch when he heard a knock at his bedroom door. He closed his eyes for a moment as he knew it to be his mother, but to his surprise, when the door opened, it was not only his mother but his father as well. He just laid his head back in defeat as his parents walked over and took a seat on either side of him.

"Draco, we'd like a word with you," Narcissa said sternly.

"Here we go," Draco mumbled and then picked his head up and waved his hand for them to go on.

"Pay attention, Draco, because we are only going to say this once. The fact that you have the Weasley girl trying to steal that file is the most brainless thing you could do. Not to mention the fact she's stealing from the Ministry and when it's discovered that it was for you, you can bet your bloody arse you'll have a cell with your name on it at Azkaban," Lucius lectured him.

"Thank you, Father, for the wake-up call, but I don't care-"

"WELL, WE DO!" Narcissa yelled out. The room became silent for a moment. "This does not just affect you, Draco, this affects us all. I understand that you were the most affected by this, but we all had to and STILL have to put up with the aftermath. Then suddenly you decide that you're going to take matters into your own hands and get Ginny Weasley involved."

"GET HER INVOLVED? SHE'S THE ONE WHO TOLD ME THERE WAS EVEN A FILE IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Draco shouted, standing up abruptly.

Narcissa and Lucius exchanged a look. "Why would she do that?" Narcissa asked, sounding surprised.

"I don't know..... Probably because there is one on her too, and she needed help retrieving it," Draco said with a quick mumble.

"Is that why she needed my help with a disabling charm?" Narcissa asked, her expression a bit shocked that she unknowingly helped Ginny steal from the Ministry.

"What possessed you to give out that kind of information, Narcissa? Especially to that Weasley girl, who, might I add, has caused nothing but trouble since she stepped foot in this house," Lucius said angrily.

"I didn't know-"

"You can't say anything," Draco suddenly said, cutting his mother off before she and Lucius could get into it.

They both looked at him and gave an understanding nod before deciding to leave Draco's bedroom and save the rest of the conversation for another day.

Author notes: Alright so your thoughts? There will more about Pristine Point later. What did you think about the news about Blaise? Did you expect it? Please review!

Leave a Review