Ginny stays cooped up on her bedroom the next day. The breakfast and lunch that Ron brought up remain untouched. Her tears are yet to stop though. She has been processing yesterday‘s revelations. She kept on thinking what she should do next. Should she tell Harry? But how should she explain it to him?

How could “We need to break up because it turns out I am engaged to your archenemy” ever be gentle? Does “We have to do this to save our fathers” make it sound more reasonable? It is not just dumping him in front of Draco Malfoy. It is much much worse. She is actually marrying his nemesis.

She hears Pigwidgeon's muffled hoots. Ron's owl is perched on her windowsill. Ginny pushes up the glass pane. She replaced the letter between Pig's beak with a small piece of toast from her plate. Seeing the familiar envelope, she already knows who has sent it.. Impatient as ever, her older brother just could not shut his mouth.



"Ginny,


This might sound silly but I have to ask, how are you? Even if it's not his business, Ronald has oriented me of what transpired yesterday. I could only imagine how shocking and confusing it must have been to you.

With the books that I have, I did a quick research about the specific blood curse inflicted on Mr. Weasley and Malfoy's dad. I failed to gather other information beyond the basic facts that your family surely knows already. It is frustrating that my brains could not be much of help to you right now. If only we could use Harry's Invisibility Cloak to break into the Hogwarts Library's Restricted Section. Although for sure the Malfoys already checked everything about the Dark Arts that could get them out of the agreement.. It is their forte after all.

Your brother said that the wedding has already been scheduled next week. Have you figured out how to tell Harry? The Dursleys have changed their telephone number since your brothers' last call. You can send me the letter if you want. I will mail it to Harry by express Muggle post instead.

My heart aches for both of you. Merlin knows you deserve each other. Fate must be joking for placing that obnoxious rascal between the two of you.


Whatever happens, I am here for you.

Hermione"



Ginny sighs deeply. Oh how fast her love story with Harry has turned into a tragedy. She hastily wiped the tears on her face upon hearing someone knocking on her door. Assuming that it is Ron she yells,

"GO AWAY BLABBERMOUTH!"

"Ginevra...It is me, your mother" Oops. But she is not yet in the mood to speak with her either. She has not recovered from feeling betrayed and being guilty that she feels that way.

The door creaks as her mum steps inside, holding what seems to be a dinner tray.

"You hardly touched your food Ginny, " Her mother noted as she switched the cold food with the fresh ones.

"I am not hungry" Ginny mumbles.

"You should eat dear" Her mum just shook her head.

"Who would have an appetite after learning that she has been forced into marrying the resident school bully" She petulantly replies. Her mum puts down the tray on her study table. She then pulls out the chair to sit beside Ginny's bed.

"We are very sorry Ginny that this is our only option" Her mum reaches for her hands, squeezing them tightly.

"But we are like strangers. We do not even like each other. For Godric sake, we are both dating other people!" Ginny's tears are back again.

"You do?" Her mum looks at her with questioning eyes.

"His girlfriend is a Slytherin, a year younger than me. A pretty ballerina. He loves her enough to propose to her. But he got rejected." Her mum's fingers over her hands tightens.

"Maybe that rejection made him crazy enough to even consider this." Ginny releases her hands from her mum's grasp.

"Harry and I are finally together! After pining for him since I was 10, he finally noticed me Mum. We are falling in love with each other!" Ginny is now sobbing.

"Oh dear" Her mother weeps as she hugs her only daughter, "I am..we are really sorry Ginny. Harry is a fine lad...he is like my own son...but...oh dear...what have we done..."

Ginny wakes up into a sunlit morning. A pale gold dress hangs outside her dresser. She last wore it as a bridesmaid in Bill's wedding to Fleur Delacour. Her mum picks it as the only appropriate clothing she could wear for today. They are going to meet the Malfoys in their residence at Wiltshire. It is to formalize the engagement and discuss the nitty-gritty of the wedding.

Against her will, she dresses up and applies some make-up. Even if she hates the whole situation, she does not like to appear shabby in front of that stuck-up family. She grabs a thin black coat to cover up her dress, that Aunt Muriel labeled as "too low cut", during floo travel.

Her parents are waiting for her downstairs. They too are wearing their best clothes. Her dad's face is not as pale as two days ago. Beside him, a creature wrapped in a grey pillow case and has long, bat-like ears is dramatically bowing at her.

"Good morning Missuz. I am Dobby, Master Lucius' house-elf."
This is her first time seeing a house-elf up close and greeting her this way.

"Master sent Dobby to fetch Young Master's Wheezy and the Wheezy's parents" Dobby says with his neck still bent down.

"Dobby must accompany the Missuz Wheezy to the Manor. Dobby knows the way" Dobby cautiously glances at Ginny.

"Well thank you Dobby" Suprised at Ginny's gratitude, Dobby bows down lower with his pencil-like nose almost touching the floor.

"I thought we will floo" Ginny inquires as they step out into the porch.

Her dad is the one who answers, "Part of their security measures, the temporary floo network that would connect the Burrow with the Manor is still pending approval. They have sent Dobby here instead to apparate us to the nearest spot outside the property"

"How paranoid" Ginny grumbles.

They arrived in a wide gravel driveway that narrows down into a straight lane off the impressive wrought-iron gates. As if sensing their presence, the iron transforms into a face demanding their names and purpose of entry.

"We are the Weasleys-" But before her mum could continue, the gates swung open to let them pass.

Dobby leads them further into the driveway bordered by high, manicured yew hedge. Ginny could here water cascading from a fountain or two. There are also albino peacocks freely roaming the lawns. Ginny's eyes are filled with awe as they approach a large, magnificent building. It is much more than a house but a little less than a castle. Is that why it is called a manor? No wonder Draco Malfoy is such a spoiled brat. Their family has money, lots of it. The downstairs window panes are even made of diamonds! Old rich pureblood indeed.

Without anyone visibly opening it, the front door swings inward for them. They step into a grand foyer, a huge portrait hangs on the right side. The man on the painting has blond hair, a pale face, and around the same age as her deceased grandpa. He looks at them smugly before saying, "So the red-heads are finally here"

Ginny reads the label under the frame, "ABRAXAS MALFOY"

Their eyes meet and he mischievously winks at her, "Welcome to Malfoy Manor, Ginevra Weasley".


--------


Draco Malfoy is sitting comfortably in his favorite arm chair. He and his parents Lucius and Narcissa, have already settled in the white drawing room for half an hour now. They are waiting for the arrival of their special guests. His mother insisted that they should look confident but normal. So the three of them dressed up in their usual smart casual clothes when inside the manor. Draco doubts that they appear ordinary enough to not make his fiance and future in-laws out of place. The Gryffindor Weasleys in a Slytherin den is a rare phenomenon in itself.

His parents have already discussed with him the magical agreement and blood curse in detail. Contrary to the cold facade they portray in public, they are close as a family in their own unique way. He respects his parents. They love and care for him, so much that they are willing to provide him with almost anything he wants or needs. But they could be overprotective of their only child, depriving him of complete freedom. Hence, his future has already been laid out for him.

Just like his father, Draco will not engage in plebian work after Hogwarts. He will be his father's apprentice in overseeing their group of companies, properties and other investments he will inherit later on. The only career they expect of him is becoming the perfect head of the Malfoy family. He is not allowed to deviate from this path. Even without his grandfather's interference, they would have had arranged his marriage to another daughter of a Sacred 28 family to continue their strong pureblood line. Either way, it seems Astoria is not an option. How ironic that based on their standards, the Greengrass is not as wealthy or as healthy. Malfoys are control-freaks like that.

Despite the temptation to rebel, he is not risking his father's life. He is a filial son but as a Slytherin he would not back down without a fight. So he agrees with conditions. After all, relationships are about compromises, right?

When Ginny Weasley entered the room with her parents, Draco rises from his seat. He welcomes them with the most authentic smile he could muster.

"We are glad you could join us," He hears his mother greet them with familiarity. They must have gotten acquainted as they turn this mess into the wedding of the century.

"Good to see you again Narcissa, Lucius" Molly Weasley is not as fat as he had imagined her when he was teasing the Weasel back in second year.

"Pleasure" His father directs a curt smile towards Arthur Weasley. They both look frail.

"Hello Ginevra" The little Weasley cringed upon hearing her first name. She froze when his mother pulled her into a gentle embrace and kissed both of her cheeks. What a trick from the Black side of the family, shock the enemy before they can.

Well Black blood runs through his veins as well so,

"It is an honor to finally meet you Mr and Mrs. Weasley" Draco shakes hands with the Weasley patriarch. He then turns to his future mother-in-law to kiss her right hand. They are definitely not expecting this kind of hospitality.

He smiles handsomely at his fiance as he reaches for her right hand. Gold compliments her skin. The cut maximized her petite frame and accentuated her legs. She tries to pull away but he just tightened his grasp. After kissing it, he triumphantly grins at her. She glares back.

She ends up sitting on his right side after her mother not so subtly pushed her to his direction so that her parents could sit on her right facing his parents on the sofa to his left. Ricky, Draco's personal house-elf, appears with a cart filled with platters of biscuits, cookies, scones, and sandwiches as well as pots of coffee and tea. He disapparated with a pop after serving them properly.

"This is the ring from our side" Mrs. Weasley hands his mother a small red velvet box. His father summons the golden capsule bearing the scroll. His mother pulls out another platinum wedding band from a similar but green box and places it over the larger ring. Once connected, both glow and float towards the hole in the capsule as if locking it.

"The scroll has officially acknowledged your upcoming magical bonding" His soon-to-be father-in-law explains. As if cursing two bloodlines was not enough disclaimer that they should get married next week.

Their parents try to send them congratulatory smiles that only made the atmosphere more awkward than it already is. Noting that the Weaslette has no appetite to react or eat, Draco decided that it is the perfect chance to rattle her more.

"What are you doing?" She whispers to him as he kneels in one knee in front of her.

"What are you on?" Ignoring her confusion, he opens the small black jewelry box he is holding.

"Thank you for agreeing to marry me." He then slips the Malfoy engagement ring to her left ring finger. He smirks at her stunned face.


--------


Did Draco Malfoy just propose to her? Could that even be considered a proposal at all? It is more like him emphasizing that she being here with her parents mean they are all in the same page. He said thank you? What a sarcastic gratitude at that. And he smirked at her, once that posh but very lovely ring is safely at her finger.

She hears her mother gasped, “That is sweet of you Draco”

Her future mother-in-law praised her soon-to-be husband, “Very well son, you picked a wonderful ring”

She continues, “The Malfoy family is known for its extensive jewelry collection. We have the pieces for just about any occasion. As the heir, Draco has access to it. He could choose whichever he would like for his future wife. I must say he has good taste.”

“Emerald and diamonds suit you Ginevra” Did she just receive a compliment from Lucius Malfoy?

She peeks at her left finger. There at the center is an emerald, accented with petal-shaped diamonds. Smaller green diamonds line the white gold band. She is donning the most precious flower she has received from anyone. And it surely costs more than their house and all the Weasley assets combined. Is the price of her soul enough compensation if ever she loses the ring?

‘Probably not’ Ginny thought as she catches a glimpse of Malfoy sipping his coffee while staring at her, his left eyebrow cocked.

Their parents have shifted the subject into invitations.

“Minister Cornelius Fudge and Minister-elect Rufus Scrimgeour already confirmed their attendance” Her dad turns to her future father-in-law, surprise evident on his face.

“As per your request, Albus Dumbledore will officiate the ceremony” Malfoy snaps his head to his mother.

“Thank you Narcissa, Minerva will be coming too right?” Her mother inquires.

“Of course, as Ginevra’s head of house” Narcissa Malfoy assures her,

“Severus will also be here”

“Great.” Malfoy grunts. His mother just smiled at him, “He is your godfather Draco”

Figures. That is why he is the favorite student.

“Maybe you are forgetting Professors Flitwick and Sprout. Or why not invite the rest of Hogwarts” Malfoy says sarcastically.

“Draco” His father chastised him.

“Do you want to invite your friends-“ But her mother did not finish her question.

“NOOOOO” The younger couple yelled in unison.

All eyes are on them. Ginny gulps, “I was thinking that this should be like…you know…small, intimate wedding. Like for immediate families kind of thing.”

“Well all your brothers are coming of course” His dad guarantees her,

“And our in-laws, the Delacours”

“I was thinking of inviting a few other relatives too, like your Aunt Muriel” Her mum adds.

“Not Aunt Muriel!” Ginny groans, “You know she is such a gossip!”

“But Ginny, she can lend you her goblin-made tiara” She is not interested in sharing a wedding theme with Fleur right now.

“Molly, there is no shortage of tiaras and precious headpieces for Ginevra” They are really in first-name basis now huh.

“No need to invite Aunt Muriel, Mum” Her mum let out a defeated sigh. She sees her dad squeezing her mum’s hands,

“Gin-bug, I think it is alright to ask your close friends to join us…Luna, Hermione, Har-“

“So exes are also welcome now,” Malfoy scoffs from his arm chair. Ginny narrows her eyes at him.

He sent her a challenging smile. The ferret is provoking her. He knows about Harry. He also seems to have an idea that Ginny have not broken up with her boyfriend yet but she is already busy planning her wedding with him.

“Family and a few family friends are enough guests for me” She replies.

“I agree with maintaining the privacy” Draco seconded her.

“Well. Your friends and classmates will eventually know about it when they read the Prophet” Narcissa Malfoy says nonchalantly.

“WHAT?!” Ginny splutters.

“We will be announcing your engagement on the day of the wedding. And the actual wedding, the day after. As it is a marriage between two ancient pureblood families, it is only appropriate that it would be on paper,” Her fiancée’s mother explains.

“And you are okay with this?” She turns to her future husband who just shook his head.

“Ginevra. There is nothing to be embarrassed about joining our family” Lucius Malfoy cool voice echoes in the whole room, “It is actually unto your advantage”

She desperately wanted to roll her eyes. More so, when a photographer came to take pictures of her and Draco showing the engagement ring then the two of them with their families. Headline worthy indeed.

Draco joined their fathers in the other room upon Dobby’s announcement that the healers from St. Mungo’s have arrived, leaving Ginny alone with the two women. The three of them are browsing catalogues to select a design for her wedding dress. Madam Malkin’s is not even an option. The Malfoys prefer the upscale Twilfitt and Tattings. The owner is coming herself for the fitting.

Her mum pulls out miniature rolls of fabric from her purse. Tapping her wand, they morphed into their original size revealing a bundle of fine white lace and luxurious textiles in green, grey, and taupe colors.

“I have been saving this for Ginny’s wedding. I hope we can include these in the outfits.” Her mum says softly. Narcissa Malfoy nods in affirmation.

Madam Tattings arrived, transfiguring the sample dresses she brought into the designs that the three of them, well the mothers, picked from the magazines. After modeling the dresses in front of the older women, they decided on some sort of white convertible dress. Ginny did not pay much attention on Madam Tattings’ final sketch. It is just clothing anyway, she could handle one more surprise. Would there be more shocking than marrying the handsome beast instead of his dream prince charming?

Wait. Erase that. She does not think that Draco Malfoy is good-looking in black slacks and dark grey long sleeves. She is also gonna pause her imagination of him in a tuxedo.


--------


They just finished a very entertaining lunch. It was funny to watch the girl-Weasel struggling with using the correct utensils for the dishes in front of her. The meals were the sample menu for the wedding catering. The two of them just passively let their parents decide the final food selection. Although his fiancé’s mother insisted that she is going to bake the wedding cake herself. He almost chuckled when he saw his mother’s astonished face. The gesture was so domestic and unfamiliar to her. Realizing the other woman’s determination, she reluctantly agreed.

They proceeded to the ground floor ballroom. The little Weasley gapes at the grand interior. She recovers quickly but Draco catches her grumbling “Show-off”. She has not even seen the rest of manor yet.

“Circular tables will look better, right?” He hears his mother comments.

“With Tifanny chairs…” The Weaslette’s mother says.

“Oh and we can provide the flowers for the tables’ center piece” She adds, “You don’t have to worry for Ginny’s bouquet as well, I will do the arrangement.

Draco could sense that his mother almost had a heart attack at the Weasleys’ preference for DIY.

“If you are…sure…” His mother replies hesitantly.

Their fathers discussed the other important people who would come. When their mothers finished talking about the stage, lights, and decorations, they lead the Weasley back to the white drawing room.

“You can floo on your way back to your house” His father tells the red-headed but harmless family “It can be Ginevra’s route tomorrow”

“I need to go back here tomorrow?” She blurts out. “Why? Didn’t you talk enough?”

“As part of wedding preparations, you will start your lessons” His mother chimes in.

“What lessons?” She asks her parents.

But Draco answers for them, “Obviously, you need a crash course on etiquette”.

She frowns at his statement. But her parents did not contradict him. Instead, her mother pulls her towards the fireplace. Her father throws a handful of floo powder then utters, “The Burrow”.


--------


Despite her protests, Ginny came again to Malfoy Manor. Her mum argues that learning more about being a “lady” would surely benefit her in the future and Ginny could just think of it as a finishing school they would not have afforded to send her to.

Narcissa Malfoy welcomed her, standing tall and slim. “Good morning Ginevra”

They head out of the drawing room then entered an elegant sitting room with ornate furnishings. One house-elf is preparing the cart of tea and snacks while another is arranging a stack of books in the coffee table.

“Estel” Narcissa calls out. The younger looking elf steps forward, wearing a light green tea-towel draped like a toga.

“She will be assisting you from today” Narcissa announces. Estel shyly smiles before doing a courtesy and a bow to Ginny.

“Ronda.” The older elf is clothed in a dark green tea-towel shaped like a dress. She hurries beside her mistress, handing her a parchment.

“Have a sit Ginevra” They both settled in a very comfortable sofa.

“Being a bride can be hectic so I prepared a schedule for you to follow” The Malfoy matriarch shows her the list:

“May 29

History and Genealogy
Clothes Fitting
Dining Etiquette
History and Genealogy
Quiz”

The prat is not joking. She will indeed be studying etiquette! There is even a quiz! This feels like school.

“May 30

History and Genealogy
Posture and Walk
Dining Etiquette and Social Graces
Fashion and Beauty
Music and Dance”

Uh oh. She likes to slouch. And what music does she have to learn?

“June 1

History and Genealogy
Posture and Walk
Dining Etiquette and Social Graces
Hair and Make-up Test
Dance”

There is a test for hair and make-up? Why?

“June 2
Final Wedding Dress Fitting
Spa treatment”

Will this be relaxing or not?

“June 3

Hair and Make-up
Wedding Dress
Wedding Ceremony
Reception Dinner
Fireworks
First Night in the Manor
Honeymoon”

WHAT HONEYMOON?

“You should start with this” The blond woman hands her a book with the title, “The Malfoy Legacy”

“I will get back to you in two hours. I have some errands to do” Before Ginny could react, her future mother-in-law was already out of the door. She is left alone with Estel.

“Sanctimonia Vincet Semper” She pronounces. “What does that even mean?”

She flips one more page, “WHAT? The Malfoy line has been around for a THOUSAND YEARS?!”

Ginny has a lot to study.

Turned out the “Clothes Fitting” was about getting measured for casual, smart casual, formal and all the other types of clothing for different seasons.

“As the young Lady Malfoy,” Ginny almost cringed at that, “It is imperative that you dress properly in whatever occasion you find yourself in”

Dining etiquette took place during lunch. She was taught the proper placement of utensils, which fork or spoon she should use for different types of food, and the correct size of goblet for each kind of drink. To Ginny’s immense relief, both Malfoy men were absent in the dining table. She could have not handled their criticizing gazes.

After the nerve-wracking meal, she went back to reading the book. She was browsing through parchment of important dates in the Malfoy timeline when she had enough.

“THIS IS SO BORING” She groans. “Feels like revising for O.W.L.s all over again”

Estel has not come back yet from getting her more snacks. She peeks beyond the door of the sitting room. The hallway is deserted. Which door is the loo again? Okay so that is the music room, then the dining room.

“AHA!” Ginny squeals when she pushed the right door. She got
disoriented again when she step out of the toilet. She opens another door, a carpeted lounge inside is connected to a card room and a,

“Is that billiards?” Ginny walks closely to the large rectangular table, “And I thought we were the blood-traitors”

Ginny is about to touch the door at the end of the room when she hears a squeaky voice from the back hall,

“Missuz…Estel is calling Missuz Weazley…Missuz”

“Estel?” Ginny calls out.

“Missuz! Estel is so sorry to the soon-young mistress for leaving her alone” Estel prostrate in front of Ginny. Her tennis ball-like yellowish eyes filled with tears.

“It is not your fault Estel. I just lost my way from the loo” But Estel cried harder and started banging her head on the floor, “Estel made Missuz lost when Mistress needs to see her. Estel is a bad elf.”

“Hey stop that! You’re hurting yourself!” The house-elf paused from her self-punishment.

“Mrs. Malfoy is looking for me?” She inquires, pulling Estel from the floor.

“Yes Missuz. Mistress said Missuz needs to do her quiz” Fucking shit!

When they went back to the sitting room, Narcissa Malfoy is already seated elegantly in the sofa. She sent them a disapproving look.

“Ginevra, have a seat. I will just ask a few questions to know what you have learned so far” Her soon-to-be mother-in-law says coolly. But Ginny sensed her words as chilly.

Ginny instinctively reaches for the quill perhaps to chew or fidget on it..

“What is the Malfoy family motto?” Was that the three Latin words? Is it Sanctity Vincent Simper?

When she did not answer, another question came up, “What year did Armand Malfoy arrive in Great Britain with the Norman Invasion?”

Was it 1100? The older woman’s lips are now pursed into a thin line.

“Which English king granted Armand the Malfoy’s land in Wiltshire?” Really a monarch gave them this property? Wait she read that but who?

When she again failed to reply, she sees her fiancée’s mother standing up. Ginny is officially intimidated.

“I gave a specific order.” The harsh tone made Ginny’s heart skip a beat.

“Mrs. Malfoy, I am really sor-“

“Do you want the Malfoy name to be humiliated? You know very well that the future mistress of the house should be educated properly.” Ginny’s eyes enlarged when she sees Narcissa pulling out her wand. It is not pointed at her though but towards the scared house-elf beside her.

“You need to be punished” But Ginny intercepted it with her quill.
Like a sword, she used her quill to push the wand away from Estel’s nose, “I think…I am remembering some things now”.

The older woman raises her eyebrows at her future daughter-in-law. Ginny pretends to lean her forehead on her left hand. But this is just her tactic to check out the codes she wrote on her wrist earlier,

“The Malfoy family motto is “Sanctimonia Vincet Semper”…

--------

Draco Malfoy just got home from meeting Blaise in Diagon Alley. He almost tackled his bestfriend for laughing at him. The topic of their conversation? Draco’s upcoming nuptials with Ginny Weasley.

“Karma is such a bitch.” Blaise said. “This is your punishment for bullying her brother, Granger, and Potter in the past.

“Shut it” Draco tried stopping his bestfriend from teasing him.

“Or maybe we should look at this as kismet.” Blaise chuckled. “You and Ginny Weasley have always been meant for each other”

“You are crazy” He glared before turning his back at the still snickering Slytherin.

“Oooh your soon-to-be wife likes chocolates. That will surely energize her when studying being a prim and proper lady. ” Blaise reminded him.

That is why Draco is carrying a box of assorted chocolates when he entered the sitting room where his red-head fiancé is.

“What are you doing here?” She blurts out when they made eye contact.

“Hello to you too Weasley” He shakes his head. “In case you are forgetting, I live here”

The girl in front of him is far from being a lady. She has bread crumbs on her maroon knitted blouse. Is that spilled tea on her white skirt?

“I did not see you yesterday” She probes.

“I was not aware that you missed me” He counters, causing her to look at the books spread out on the table.

“Ewww” She scoffs, “Go away if you’re just going to bother me”

“Catch!” With her chaser reflexes, she easily secured the box of chocolates to her hands.

“A friend told me you like chocolates” Draco answers her questioning glance. Her frown turns into a surprise when she spots the varied chocolates inside the box.

“Th..Thank you” She mumbles, avoiding his gaze. He smirks at her barely-contained amazement.

“Let’s go to the music room” He announces.

“Why?” She is startled.

“My mother said you have to start your music and dance lessons” He hears her grunt.

“Come on…She asked me to teach you.” Did she just say “Fuck”

“And how would you do that Maestro Malfoy?” He closes his eyes at her vulgarity. He shut her up when he started playing Blue Danube on the piano.

“You can play the piano?” Is it not obvious enough?

“Weasley, not because you can’t doesn’t mean the other purebloods don’t” He explains, “This is basic”

“Forgive my ignorance Your Majesty” She does a mock curtsy. But Draco takes the chance to correct her posture, “Straighten your back then gently bend forward”

After turning on the phonograph, Draco swiftly pulls Ginny into a starting position for the waltz.

“Hey!” She yelps.

“Show me what you have learned from the Yule Ball” He playfully demands.

“That’s so long ago. Get off me Malfoy” But Draco just tightened his grip on her.

“Give it up.” His fiancé stops fidgeting, “Stop being a coward and let go of Harry Potter. Your infatuation, admiration of him, whatever you call it”

“Easy for you to say” She spats.

His letter for Astoria is probably on its way to Bulgaria at the moment, “You’re not the only one who has to make sacrifices Weasley”


--------


Reflecting on Draco’s words, Ginny finally found the courage to tell Harry everything.



“Dearest Harry,


I hope this message reaches you. Maybe someday you will find it in your heart to forgive me for what I am about to tell you.

Harry James Potter, I have liked you, loved you since I was 10. The past 2 months have been a dream come true. The sweet memories we have shared are unforgettable. But it is time to face the reality.

Thus it is with deepest regret that I am breaking up with you. I recently learned that I have been engaged to Draco Malfoy for 15 years now. We need to get married before he turns 17 or else both of our fathers will die. Our grandfathers have cursed their blood and our marriage is the only cure. I am very sorry for breaking your heart so that I could save theirs.

Though my heart is shattered into a thousand pieces, I know that it is not enough to make up for what we could never be.


I love you but I am sorry,

Ginny”

After sending out the letter, she dashed downstairs and hugged her dad. She cries on his chest.

“Everything is going to be fine” He assures her. He embraced her tightly as he tenderly sways her left to right as if they are on their own version of father-daughter waltz.

Author notes: Oh that was long. I contemplated if I should have divided this into two chapters but then I realized that it is August 11. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINEVRA MOLLY WEASLEY! Everything Harry Potter is J.K. Rowling's. The scenes about the ring, lady training before the wedding and Draco giving Ginny chocolates have been inspired by Goong/Princess Hours. The rest is my creation. Enjoy!

Leave a Review