Ginny Weasley looked about to collapse, and without thinking, somehow just knowing what she needed, Draco threw his arms around her, holding her close. Her tears were silent this time, and he felt the wetness through his shirt, not caring one bit.

He ran his hands up and down her back in what he hoped was a comforting manner.

“Its alright.” He whispered gently.

It wasn’t, it absolutely wasn’t. But he could think of nothing else to say.

He led her back to her room, arms still partway around her.

He lay her on her bed, tucking the warm blanket around her. She had calmed down, though a wet trail still stained her cheeks. He reached his hand down and wiped away one of the wet trails with the pad of his thumb. She did not blink, she did not move, she did not push him away.

His thumb lingered on her cheek, tracing down to her mouth. His thumb gently rubbed across her top lip, before settling on her bottom lip. Her eyes fluttered closed and he felt her breath against his hand. He lightly pressed the red soft flesh, pulling it down slightly. He licked his own lips and moved closer, before hearing his father’s voice in the hallway.

“Draco?”

Draco sprang off of Ginny and bolted out the door.

He shut it so forcefully it rattled several portraits.





xxxx

It was the night before she was to be presented for the ritual. Her last night in the care of Draco.

He had decided to visit her, and the each sat in an armchair staring at the fire, lost in thought. She had her legs bent, chin resting on her knees. He sat with a glass of brandy, his hair mussed and tie undone, trying not to feel sorry for her.

“Malfoy?”

He braced himself. More tearful pleading. More guilt coiling in his chest.

Why couldn’t he have had to kidnap her brother instead?

“Malfoy, I know you’re in a difficult position right now. And Merlin knows I’d likely be doing the same if I were you, but, if there is anyway, anyway at all I could convince you…” She trailed off, and at his silence she put her head on her knees, hiding her face.

He did not answer, and he did not look away from the fire. Innocent as she was, he was not going to gamble the lives of his mother and father.

Instead, he clenched his jaw. When he finally spoke, his voice was hushed.

“You may not believe me, but I don’t particularly care to see you suffer. He-he didn’t tell me anything.” He paused trying to choose his words carefully. “I will come see you. I’ll try to help you if I can. I can’t save you, I can’t rescue you. I’m not a good person, but I could be your friend.”

Ginny looked at him, her dark eyes full of warmth. “Thank you. That means more to me than you can know. It would be nice to have a friend. And you will absolutely have to visit me. I’ll-I’ll need something to look forward to…”

After a moment she spoke again, her voice cautionary. “Malfoy?”

This time he looked at her.

“Uh, if Tom makes me, you know, give him a child…” her eyes clouded with fear, and she whispered. “Would you help me? Would you help me hide them from him?”

Draco’s eyes did not leave hers.

“I would.”



xxxx

She followed him to the door of her room, watching as he magically unlocked it. He turned to tell her goodnight, but before he could, she stood on tiptoe and lay sweet soft kiss on his cheek. She whispered goodnight, her breath on his cheek. Before he could do anything stupid, she walked quickly back to the bed, pulling the covers up around her.

XXX


It was the night of the ritual.

Draco arrived at Ginny's door early, hoping to speak with her before escorting down to the dungeons.

He had lain awake all night, a sickening guilt poisoning his insides. And now, he hoped by the Gods that speaking with Ginny could help alleviate some of this pain.

Pain of a damned soul.



Without knocking, he quickly entered her room.

She sat at the vanity and was brushing her long, soft hair. She was wearing a simple white dress The sun had set and the fire cast a soft light in the room. She turned to him, surprised to see him arrive early.

“Malfoy?”

At first he said nothing.

He tried to hide his pain, his anguish, but feared he was failing miserably. He went to the vanity where she sat, on his knees, his hands reaching up to grip her bare arms tightly.

Her face showed immediate concern. “Are you alright?”

His breathing was slightly ragged, his throat thick and dry. He swallowed.

“I-I just need to say something.”

God, what could he say?

“Alright.” she said gently, concern still etched in her features.

He lifted one hand to his hair, unintentionally mussing it further.

The words began pouring out of him like fountain, like poison being released from his soul.

“I-I just, I mean, none of this should be happening. And it's all because of me. I mean, well if my father hadn't- I mean I don't just blame him you see... What I’ve done, God, what I’ve done? And you, you don’t deserve this. And, why aren’t you more angry with me? It’s my fault. I’m not a good person. I'm a terrible person. I'm most certainly damned to hell for what I've done to you. And I just can’t- I mean, I never wanted- but its done- and I just, please believe me, I just-“

He was stopped short of his incoherent ramblings by a soft hand on his lips.

“I forgive you.”

His eyes widened.

"What?"

How can she?

But she spoke determinedly, her brown eyes piercing the very depths of his soul. Her hands rested on either side of his face.

“I forgive you, Draco Malfoy.”

This was worse.

She was supposed tobe fighting him, cursing his name! Not forgiving an evil asshole who single-handedly ruined her life. Where was her fury? But all that he saw in her face was warmth. Openess. Affection. Didn’t she know the torment she was causing him?

His hand reached up to hers and he felt his eyes burn. He closed his eyes and kissed her palm, hoping she wouldn’t see the emotion in his eyes.

But when he opened them, she was there. Right there.

He stood up from his knees, standing her up with him, backing her into the wall next to the vanity.

He looked down at her, and one hand came to rest on her waist on her white dress, the other wrapped around the back of her neck. He felt her breathing quicken, and he pulled her to him.

His head bent down to hers. She raised her hands to his chest, stopping him, but not pushing him away.

“Draco,” she breathed, a flush creeping up into her face. Their mouths were mere inches apart. “we cant.”

His eyes were hooded and suddenly he wanted her more than he had ever wanted anything.

"We can."

And as he felt her skin beneath her robes, the skin on the back of her neck, the heat coming off of her, every thought, every warning, turned to dust.

He didn't care she wasn't his, didn't care that he would feel more than cruciatus if they were caught, he just had to FEEL her...

He closed his eyes and lifted his chin, placing his lips on her forehead, making her gasp softly at the contact.

Then his lips moved across her soft skin and down to her cheek, applying another slow, sweet kiss. He felt her inhale sharply, and Draco saw her eyes flutter closed, lips parting, a sigh escaping them.

“No," She gasped softly, and brought her hands to his shoulders, gripping them tightly, her small hands fisting in his robes. "you have to stop, you have to! He’ll-he'll hurt you!”

Draco ignored her protest. He moved to the other cheek, gliding on her skin, his lips ghosting hers as he moved across her face. She moaned, her back arching slightly. He deposited a third kiss on her other cheek. His lips could feel the heat emanating off her face and it burned pleasurably.

“Please,” he whispered against her cheek. “Let me.”

He pulled back and rested his forehead against hers. They were both breathing heavy now. Her hands had moved up his neck, and he moved his own, up and down her bare arms, feeling more searing heat beneath his palms.

He found her dark eyes, sparkling with intensity, with absolute longing...

and he knew, he knew, she wanted him just as bad.

He cupped her face in his hands.

“Ginny, please…”

He leaned down and she didn’t stop him, didn’t push him away. He was so close, so close! She was panting and her hands tightened around his collar.

"Please, Ginny, you've got to let me..." And she tilted her mouth up to his...

This one movement spurred him, and he closed the distance. He finally, finally, felt the softness of her lips beneath his own.

It was as sweet, as sensual, as heated as he had imagined. Better than any dream, any fantasy. Their lips moved gently together, slowly tasting, slowly exploring, as if anything more would break the spell. He could feel her breath, her warmth, and it was enveloping him. He had never experienced a kiss like this in his life.

His senses were overwhelmed. Her lips, her smell... He felt like he was consuming her. He was a desert wanderer and she was there to quench his thirst. He felt that all the aching, painful emptiness that had dwelled within him for months was being filled by her...

They parted briefly only to take a shuddering breath. His eyes searched hers, begging her permission to continue. She looked back at him fiercely.

"Ginny, make me stop. Make me stop now." And the way the words came out he was sure she knew that he wanted to do anything but stop...

Her dark lashes were unable to hide the desire burning in her eyes.

"Draco, I-I..." The conflict passed across her eyes, and he was sure she was about to push him away, to stop him, to slap him, something other than what he actually heard her say.

"please, I need you... I need this!"

And in one swift motion she yanked him back down to her. Her body pressed against his, his heart racing. She was running her hands through his hair, over his neck... She was consuming him as well. He felt her need in her kisses, felt it pulling him further in.

Soon her lips were not enough. He moved his lips to her jaw, lining them with his lips. It was good, it was so good .

But the taste only made him want more.

Need more...

Ginny's hand curled into the hair on the back of his neck, pulling him to her.



He trailed his lips down to her neck. More heated skin. She leaned her head back at the touch of his lips, soft noises of pleasure escaping her mouth. He moved his mouth back to hers and coaxed her to open for him, his tongue tasting that sweet, sweet mouth. His hand stroked up and down her neck, searching for more skin. She gripped his robes with an iron grip, continuing to press him to her. Draco lowered his hand from her waist and gripped the back of her thigh. He lifted her up onto the vanity, scattering the remnants of brushes and makeup onto the floor in a clatter, making room for her.

He moved in between her legs. The kisses began to change. They became frantic, desperate. Draco found his outer robes had moved to the floor. More, more! He needed more! He moved his hands to the bottom of her dress, lifting it up past her thighs, relishing the smooth creamy skin beneath his fingers. She tightened her legs around him in response, causing a small grunt to pass through his lips onto hers. Her fingers began working on the buttons of his shirt, occasionally stopping just to feel him. Draco’s hand moved to her shoulder, lowering the delicate white strap of her dress. His mouth moved to where his hand had been, causing her to whimper, lips running over her bare shoulder.

"Oh..." she whispered breathily, her eyes closed in pleasure

He moved to the other shoulder, lowering the strap and repeating the actions, hoping to elicit more of her delicious sounds. He returned to her neglected lips. His hands roamed the newly exposed flesh. She was writhing beneath his touch, her chest rising up and down rapidly. His hand was moving to zipper on the back of her dress when Draco’s watch suddenly glowed.

The couple froze, bodies separating, staring at the watch, and then at each other.

It was time.



Silently- no, solemnly, the pair walked down towards the dungeons. As they neared the final corridor leading to the dungeons, he took her hand, and she looked at him. Her white dress made her hair and skin contrast heavily. He reached around her and lifted the black hood of her cloak over her head, his hand running down her loose hair as he did so. The hood cast shadows across her face. Her lips were still swollen. Her face flushed. But he saw no fear.



xxxx



Somehow, Ginny knew. She always knew.

She knew somehow, someway, that Tom would force his way back into her life again.

It was inevitable.

Whether by Draco's hand or someone else, Tom would have had her eventually.

She felt the warmth of Draco's hand leading her to her doom.

She could not help the wave of pity for him that had consumed her for the last week. He had been like her. Lonely, scared. The Dark Lord had asked a simple task of him and he had jumped in to save his family, damn the consequences.

And quite the consequences they are, she thought.

Even still, knowing that her life as she knew it was now over, that she would only know pain and suffering once the ritual was completed, she found that she would not, COULD not, blame Draco for everything. He was not stealing her innocence. He was not forcing her into a life of slavery. Tom was. Draco was not Tom. Draco loved his mother and father, and was simply trying to protect him. He was a boy, completely in over his head.

Mistakes don't make someone a bad person...

She had once made a great mistake, just like Draco...



You are not evil, you are not dark...



He is not evil, He is not dark...



It was a hard lesson learned, I wish it wasn't so...



Before the thought could finish, she recognized they had made it to the doors. A grim determination filled her.

She would not let this night destroy her.

She would not.

If Tom was to imprison her for the rest of her life, she was determined that it would be his undoing...





xxxx







They made it to the great double doors that lead into the ceremony room. Ginny held Draco’s hand like a vice. He turned to her, surprised to find her so calm.

What could he say? What could be done at this point? And how the hell is she so calm?

He squeezed her hand back gently.

She turned to him, eyes bright, full lips slightly parted. He’d never seen someone so beautiful.

A beautiful sacrifice...

And somehow, impossibly, her face was peaceful... Like she had accepted her fate. How could a fiery red-headed Weasley simply accept this? Was accepting her fate an act of bravery or cowardice?

She spoke, a barely imperceptible tremor to her voice.

“Have you ever heard that the best way to destroy an enemy is from within?”

He looked at her sadly.

“Something like that.” He murmured, and he could not stop the guilt and misery from infecting his tone.

"This could be my chance you know, I've always said I wanted to help. To be involved. Now I'm more involved than anybody... I could help hurt him, destroy him even..."

Not unless he destroys you first...

All Draco could do was nod. His misery was beginning to swallow him up. If Ginny noticed she didn't let on.

She let out a very Malfoy-ish smirk.

“Don’t forget to visit me, or I’ll find a way to destroy you too.”

Draco couldn’t find it within him to smile at her attempted humor.



Brave, he thought. She’s the bravest person I know.



She turned back towards the door, taking a deep breath.

“I’m ready.”



The doors opened.



The chamber was alight with thousands of floating candles. Around the room stood at least two dozen death eaters clad in full attire. There was quite an audience. And in the middle of the chamber stood Tom. Dressed in black, a sinister smile on his face. Before Tom was the ancient stone altar, though it had acquired a few additional items. This altar was covered in ancient runes, and the runes seemed to shimmer and glow with the flickering of the torches. Spread across the top of the altar lay a white linen sheet.

Above and below the linen sheet stood a pair of iron shackles…

Suddenly, the realization he had been suppressing was released and lashed at Draco violently.

Tom was going to take her. Take her while she was chained in iron shackles, and spill her virgin blood onto the white linen, to be used for its magic...

He was going to take her. On the Altar. Chained. Against her will.

The blood began roaring in his ears.



He would take her...

In chains...

Spill her blood...

In front of his death eaters...

In front of him...



Chains.



Blood.



He was going to take her...



Hot acidic rage and disgust bubbled up inside of him.

Every injustice, every wrong that had ever been done to Ginny Weasley suddenly weighed on him at that very moment.

An innocent ( although very temperamental) girl, trying to be brave by giving up everything, EVERYTHING, for the small chance that in doing so she may help save her family… save the world.

Ginny prepared to step forward, and Draco’s arm shot out sideways to block her. She started in surprise.

Tom frowned. “Draco, bring Ginevra to me.”

Draco did not move his arm. Instead, he moved in front of Ginny, shielding her, but taking a step forward He used his other arm to lower his hood.

“Ah, no.”

Shocked gasps and hisses filled the room.

“What did you say to me boy?”

“I said, NO. Ginevra will not be going one step further. She is not going to be placed on that fucking altar, and she is not doing the FUCKING. RITUAL.”

"Draco!" He heard his fathers voice through the din of hisses and gasps. "Draco! How dare you disrespect your master! Now give him the girl else its death for you-"

Draco quietly muttered a shield charm as he brought his wand to his chin, feigning deep thought.

"Yes Father, lets discuss that minor discretion. You see, that half-blood, hypocritical, snake worshipping piece of filth is NOT my Master. He is yours, father. Yes I performed tasks for him, but let me think, I'm trying to remember why I even had to agree to any tasks in the first place? Oh that's right, because not only did you royally fuck up YOUR task at the ministry, but you allowed our family to become consumed and entrapped by the muggle-hating ravings of a complete and total LUNATIC."

Lucius began sputtering, spittle flying from his mouth and struggled to find the words in his rage.

"DRACO! You have sentenced your family to death! You are no son of mine!"

"Very well, LUCIUS. Disown me if you like. But don't you dare blame me for the fall of our family. You, yes you, Lucius got us into this mess, so its about time we leave it to YOU to get us out of it. Its time to clean up your own fucking mess, Father. I'm leaving, and the girl is coming with me. And as for the rest of you, yes including you Tom, you bunch of perverted assholes can go fuck yourselves!"

Chaos erupted in the chamber. Tom flew into a blinding rage, screaming and attempting to cast a spell at Ginny to bring her to him. Draco immediately cast another shield as the Death Eaters and Tom erupted in curses smattering across the chamber like fireworks. Toms spells blasted the stones next Ginny and Draco, cracking them and causing the walls to shudder.

Draco grabbed a frozen Ginny’s arm and backed out of the chamber, sealing the great doors shut with his wand, muttering several locking charms, and throwing a few dark spells on the doors for good measure.

Ginny whirled to him, breathless and eyes wide, clearly trying to process what had just happened.

“Oh no, oh no! What have you done? He's going to kill you! Or something horrible! Its not safe, you're in danger now! What are we going to do?"

Draco pulled her into an embrace wrapping his arms around her, hoping to calm her. He could still hear the muffled sounds of shrieks and spells coming rfom behind the magically locked doors. Ah well, they had a good few minutes before Tom could break them

Ginny stepped out of his embrace, eyes searching his.

"Draco, what are you doing?"

Draco allowed the trademark Malfoy smirk to grace his features. As Ginny watched, it morphed into a handsome, boyish smile.

"Ginny, " he started, giving her a gentle squeeze, and the smile reached his eyes.



“I’m rescuing you.”

Author notes: The end for now! But wait, there's so much more ahead! Look for the Sequel- To Thee My Tender Grief Confide

The End.
Ksumm is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked A Beautiful Sacrifice also liked 67 other stories.
Leave a Review