Draco Malfoy walked towards the great front doors of Malfoy manor. In his arms lay an unmoving Ginny Weasley, with one hand under her shoulders and one hand under her knees. The great doors opened on their own to admit their young master, and he stepped across the threshold. He was home.

He had done it.

It was over.

He hadn’t failed.

He had successfully kidnapped the littlest Weasley without loss of life or limb. He had brought her to the manor. She was alive and unharmed.

And his face had remained bat-bogey free.

After tonight, she would no longer be his burden. After tonight, she would belong to the Dark Lord.

His mouth dried at the last thought. Belong to the Dark Lord…

His father’s words rose up in his mind.

“That’s the Dark Lord’s business, Draco. He wants the girl, so we’re giving him the girl.”

A Draco neared the roaring fire in the manor, his father walked in to greet him.

Lucius wore one of those rare, proud smiles. It was those smiles that drove a desperate young Draco to ruthlessly pursue success and power. It created a bone-deep drive in him to prove himself. Draco desperately tried to produce this very smile on his father countless times. Even as he grew and began to recognize his father’s glaring errors and foolish shortcomings, he couldn’t help but seek his approval.

“My boy, Draco.” He patted his shoulder affectionately, and glanced down at the redhead. “Put her down over here.” He motioned to the chaise, and Draco deposited her onto it. He straightened his stiff back and turned towards his father, soaking in the delight that seemed to erupt from his father’s face.

“Draco my boy, you’re a man now,” He grasped both of Draco’s shoulders proudly, “Surely the Dark Lord will think so as well. The youngest servant to earn the dark mark. And now, you have successfully accomplished your task. You did well, you did well, my son.”

There it was. He wasn’t a complete screw-up. Sure, the job had been relatively easy, but he had managed not to fail.

Lucius removed his hands and drew his wand, heading out of the room. “Now, I shall summon the Dark Lord, and then my boy,” he spread his arms wide, “we will celebrate!”

Lucius disappeared, and Draco’s heart quickened once again. He hated being around the Dark Lord, but at least this time he wasn’t being presented for punishment…

He glanced down at Ginny Weasley, bound and unconscious. She lay still as death, though he could see the gentle rise and fall of her chest.

He stared at her form for a few moments. Would the Dark Lord be upset that he stunned her? Should he wake her? He had bound her hands without really thinking about it, but maybe he should untie them…

Lucius returned back to the room. He still looked pleased, though Draco could sense his apprehension. The same feeling was bubbling up inside his own chest.

“Wake her, Draco, the Dark Lord will be here soon.” He held out a small blue vial to Draco’s hand. “Make her swallow this before you wake her.”

Draco swirled the liquid in the vial. “What is it?”

Lucius waved a hand. “Its harmless really, it will just help keep her more, ah, docile. Soften that infamous Weasley temper if you will.”

Draco raised an eyebrow. It was probably in everyone’s best interest that the girl be more cooperative. She was a bloody menace to everyone including herself.

Holding the vial, he stepped over to where the girl lay. She seemed peaceful enough.

Likely the last peaceful sleep she will ever have.

He reached out to her and used one hand to open her mouth, trying to ignore the soft lips as they brushed his fingers. He emptied the vial into her mouth. For a moment she coughed and sputtered and then he watched the movement of her neck as she swallowed, her eyes still closed.

The thought came again. Unable to force it back down, the nagging question forced its way to the front of his mind and before he could think, it was out of his mouth.

“Father,” He started carefully, “aren’t you the least bit curious-?”

Lucius cut him off. “If the Dark Lord wants us to know then he will tell us. Otherwise, I suggest you curb those curiosities…” He trailed off, and Draco saw something odd flicker in his eyes before they glazed over.

“Draco,” he whispered, “Knowledge is bitter sweet. Sometimes… sometimes it’s better not to know.”

Draco was silent. The words of his father had no effect in stifling his curiosity. He bent down again to the girl.

“Ennervate.”

Dark brown eyes snapped open, and she sucked in a few small breaths. Still reclined on the chaise, she looked wildy at her surroundings, before settling her eyes on Draco. Her breathing quickened.

“Malfoy?” She whispered. She tried to sit up, but seemed unable to do so on her own. Silent, Draco gripped her elbow and lifted her to a sitting position, before pulling her to her feet. The potion seemed to have weakened her physically because once her feet touched the floor, her knees buckled and she promptly slumped over onto her side, one bound arm helping hold her up. She looked up fearfully from Lucius to Draco, but said nothing.

Bang!

Three rumbling pounds like a boulder cracking echoed throughout the Manor. All three heads whirled towards the doors.

He’s here.

The great doors to the manor opened once again, and Draco felt rather than saw the figure gliding in. A chill accompanied him, and Draco swallowed. He found himself wanting this to be over with as quick as possible. He wanted to wash his hands of whatever plans he had for the littlest Weasley. He suddenly fantasized sitting in a hot bath, a drink in his hand. He thought of never having to worry about blood traitor, red-headed banshee psychopaths ever again…Yes, he would simply erase the last few months from his memory, and enjoy the safety he had secured for his family.

He would forget everything that happened. No more mirrors and dark eyes haunting him… no more silky red hair. No more long lashes, pleading eyes, and full lips. No more feeling soft skin under his fingers-

Stop it.


It was over. The Dark Lord was here and it was over.



Voldemort stepped into the room.

Lucius and Draco lowered themselves to one knee, heads bowing. The Dark Lord stepped towards them, his dark robes dragging soundlessly across the floor, hands out stretched.

“Rise.”

Draco gracefully rose to his, feet, his father doing the same.

Red glowing eyes locked on his, and a twisted smile formed on the Dark Lords face.

“Bring her to me.”

Draco turned around to where Ginny lay, bound and slightly curled into herself. She was not crying, but her breaths were coming out in short soft gasps. He reached down and grabbed her arms, hauling her to her feet once again. Though slightly wobbly once she straightened up, her knees did not buckle this time. One hand still supporting her right arm, Draco turned her towards Voldemort, allowing her to come into view.

Across the room, Voldemort’s eyes widened slightly, and he let out a long hissing breath.

“Ginevra…”

Draco felt her body shudder under his grip.

“Ginevra, come to me.” Voldemort reached out a hand, palm up towards the pair. It was as if an invisible hand closed around Ginny’s neck. Her head tilted back jerkily and she let out soft whimper. The invisible hand then lifted her out of Draco’s grasp, her body hanging several inches above the ground. Voldemort moved his hand back towards himself, and Ginny’s levitating body flew silently to him.

He lowered his hand and Ginny’s feet met the ground. She trembled but she did not fall. Voldemort looked down at her, eyes glittering. He reached his hand to her face, brushing her cheek with his knuckles. Ginny’s eyes squeezed shut.

Draco was equal parts disgusted and enthralled by the gentle behavior of his master towards the girl. Looking at her like that, almost as if he… cherished her…

He found himself wanting to see no more of this interaction, yet he could not look away.

The Dark Lord spoke to her in a sickly, sweet voice. “Ginevra. Six years, princess…six long years and I see these years were not a waste. In fact, they were very, very necessary. So much had to happen before now, so much to be learned before now. And all that knowledge absolutely priceless in the end. What I’ve learned, what I’ve discovered, about you, about our past. How our past together paved the way for the future…But never mind that now, let me look at you…”

He waved his hand again, and Ginny’s body lifted from the ground once again, circling once and coming to rest on the ground once more. The Dark Lord seemed satisfied by what he saw, but frowned at the girls shut eyes.

“Ginevra. Look at me princess.” One long white finger reached under her chin, tilting her head up towards him. She opened her eyes. She seemed to be summoning her courage, jaw clenched and eyes blazing.

He moved his face towards her, and something in Draco’s gut twisted. But he only continued speaking to her, words slithering out of his thin lips.

“You’ve grown beautifully. I knew you would be beautiful. How old are you now? Sixteen? Answer me Ginevra.”

“S-seventeen.” She stammered.

He smiled. He waved his wand across the girl and a small golden glow briefly emanated from her. Whatever it was seemed to please him. “Still pure... It’s perfect. You’re perfect. Things couldn’t have been better than if I’d planned it. The first part of the ritual will be completed tonight.”

Voldemort spoke to Lucius, his eyes not leaving the girl.

“I must leave, Severus has the potion. Bring the girl to the ceremony room in the dungeon. Place her on the altar. I will meet you there.”

Oh God. A ritual? An altar? And what the fuck is a ceremony room?

Draco was beginning to wonder if the Hogwarts rumors he had heard as a first year about virgin sacrifices at Malfoy manor may have in fact been real. But really, surely if such heinous acts were actually happening in Malfoy Manor he would have known… right?

Right?





xxxx

Draco and Ginny were alone by the fire, waiting to meet Voldemort down in the dungeons. Draco looked sideways at Ginny.

“Listen, Weasley,” He drawled. “ I know it’s difficult for you to ignore your idiotic Gryffindor tendencies, but considering the predicament you are in right now… What I mean is, you could you know, cooperate…”

Ginny sniffed and turned away.

“I’m serious Weasley.” He dropped the drawl. She looked back at him, but she still had a haughty look about her. Draco leaned forward, clasping his hands. “Look, I don’t know what he has planned, but its not going to be pretty. Do you really think you won’t be killed? Tortured into insanity?”

“You don’t understand Malfoy.”

He scoffed. “No, you’re right, I don’t. You have a chance to avoid all this. I’m not saying become a death eater, I’m not saying go slaughter a village of muggles, I’m just saying, if you voluntarily agree to do whatever the Dark Lord asks of you-“

“You mean betray my family? My friends?”

“Maybe. Or maybe in agreeing to help him you can save them. The Dark Lord loves negotiations. It’s not too late, but I can’t say for sure that will be the case after tonight.”

“Oh really? And how well have these -negotiations- worked out for you?”

Draco glared, and his mouth snapped shut.

“Have it your way then. But Don’t think I don’t know.”

She returned the glare. “Know what?”

“About you. About the chamber of secrets. I know it was you. You’ve already worked for the Dark Lord, haven’t you? Why stop? I’ve seen the darkness in you-“

“Shut up Malfoy you don’t know anything! I was a child!” She sputtered furiously.

She stood and stormed to the other side of the room before whirling back on him.

“I’m not dark. I’m not!!!”

Draco sighed, and leaned back in his chair.

“Weasley. I could help you,” he said quietly. “If you would just talk with him, listen to him, maybe help him with a few simple tasks, give some meaningless information to him, I could help you. You could stay here, at the Manor. And if there comes an opportunity to go back to your family, you can just tell them we put the imperious curse on you-“

“Shut up Malfoy.” Ginny curled up and turned away from him.



Well, can’t say he didn’t try.

Bloody Gryffindors...
Leave a Review