Little Black Dress by sesiliah
Summary: A classic scenario. A heart-melting romance tale. She’s a spy, and he’s her mission. He, being the sleek, clever, witty, and charming fellow he is, manages to capture her heart, which she felt could never love again after being broken (5 years long crushes die hard). Follow the tale of these two lovers as she tries to prove the innocence she found when digging deeper into this wounded soul’s heart, and quite how what you least expect can happen when one puts on a simple, common, little black dress.

*Note: This story is a comedy. Meaning, it’s a total spoof of Draco/Ginny fanfictions. So, you might only want to read this if you enjoy light, sarcastic, spoofs.

Excerpt from Chapter One:

“What? You mean Voldemort wasn’t mad at him for not killing Dumbledore?” exclaimed Ginny.

“Of course not,” sighed Hermione, “How else could we come up with a clever, yet slightly ridiculous plotline?”
Categories: Works in Progress Characters: None
Compliant with: None
Era: None
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1215 Read: 2434 Published: Jun 03, 2006 Updated: Jun 03, 2006

1. A Totally Original Plotline by sesiliah

A Totally Original Plotline by sesiliah
Author's Notes:

Disclaimer: If owned Harry Potter and Co, I would be a very, very, very, very rich woman.

Author’s Note: Ginny is a spoof of Ginny. What do I mean by this? Considering Ginny grew up in a house full of boys, she can’t be that girly “ it’s just not possible. The boys she attracted at school probably found attraction in her confidence. So the whole idea, and I will quote my own story, of: “[finding] the girl deep inside of her” is a total spoof of the fact that everyone makes Ginny out to be a goddess. Don’t get me wrong, I love Goddess Ginny. And her God Draco. It’s just something I wanted to point out so no one would point out and go, “ZOMG, IT’S A MARY SUE!” Because it’s not. It’s a spoof. As well is Hermione. I’m poking fun at the people who turn awkward, bookworm Hermione into a hair-straightening Lavender wannabe.

Please don't be offended if you feel I made fun of you/a plot line you've used.
‘I’m getting fat,’ thought sixteen-year-old Ginny Weasley, as she stood in front of her mirror in her little room of the Burrow. ‘Breaking up is not good for your body… or your complexion. Is that a pimple I see?’ Apparently, this statement was true. Breaking up had caused Ginny to eat anything that sat still long enough for her to tear it apart with her straight, gleaming white teeth. Despite the fact Ginny grew up in a house of boys, she somehow managed to find the girl deep inside of her, and was stunningly enchanting. A slim body was hidden under over-sized robes, a body restricted only to those who managed to get there. Her red hair, which was not odd and awkwardly bright like her brothers’, but rather a glistening, fiery red colour, vivid, bright, and enchanting. Deep chocolate brown eyes were framed with golden lashes which were normally dressed in a light coat of dark mascara – despite growing up with boys, Ginny had discovered make-up, no matter how realistic this might sound. And so she was standing, in her room, vowing for the eighteenth time that summer that she would stop eating so much and get over the boy who broke her heart.

She had loved Harry for five years. Five years, and not once did he look in her direction, until finally – finally he did. Finally their eyes met, and finally it was perfect. And then he went all… what was it Hermione said? “Spiderman”. Harry went all Spiderman on Ginny and broke up for her own safety. And Ginny couldn’t get over this. Well, she was working on it. And… well, yeah, that’s a lie. Truth was, Ginny would be rather happy to say the reasoning behind her increase in appetite was depression because of Harry, but the truth was, that she was totally over him. Totally. Completely. Absolutely. However you want to put it. She has to be, for the plot of this story to unfold.

“Ginny?” called a voice from downstairs.

“Yes?” Ginny called back.

“Come on, downstairs – it’s time to introduce the plot!”

Ginny let out a squeal of delight, knowing that this plot would bring romance for her. After all, she had gotten over Harry, which meant that there was someone waiting for her to fall in love with. And then Harry would be jealous, and she could rub the break-up in his face.

She was downstairs in an instant, smiling at the girl in front of her. Hermione Granger wasn’t the same awkward Hermione she used to be. Even though she was still a bookworm, no one would suspect this from her dashing appearance change. Her normally bushy and uncontrollable wild brown hair had been tamed, and straightened down her back. Every day, she looked as lovely as she had during the Yule Ball – which, Ginny knew, was because she wanted to look good for Ginny’s own older brother, Ron, Hermione’s boyfriend.

“Ginny, I bought you a present,” said Hermione brightly, handing Ginny a box. Though she knew it was for the plot, Ginny knew to act confused. Sending the brunette a confused look, she opened up the box and fished through it, finding a small, skimpy, yet cute little black dress.

“Umm… thanks?” said Ginny blankly.

“I think my Barbie could fit in that,” stated Hermione with a light grin.

“You aren’t supposed to say that, I am,” Ginny said. “You’re making me feel bad because I have to wear it,” she pointed out, “And you’re supposed to be making me feel better.”

“Oops. Sorry.”

“Alright, backing up,” sighed Ginny. She glanced at the dress, then back at Hermione, “I have to wear this, don’t I?”

“Of course.”

“Why?”

“We need a spy.”

“Right, because spies always go prancing around in black dresses the size of pinky fingers.”

“Exactly.”

“Pardon?”

“Haven’t you ever seen a Muggle spy film?”

Considering the confused look Ginny sent Hermione, Hermione figured the redhead hadn’t. Grabbing her by the wrist, Hermione sat her down, and played a conveniently there movie on the conveniently there television.

As the movie ended, Ginny looked at Hermione, nodding, “Oh, I get it. The hot spy always wears sexy dresses.” But, still, a rather confused look remained on her face.

“Are you confused because you want to know who you have to spy on?” asked Hermione, rather regrettably. She didn’t want to have to break the terrible news to Ginny.

Ginny blinked, “What? No, I’m just trying to understand why Snape never looked sexy. But, alright, spit it out.”

“Umm… guess.”

“Give me a clue.”

“He’s a prat.”

“Damnit. It’s Malfoy.”

“Ooh, that was a good guess. It is Malfoy. Draco Malfoy, the blonde bouncing ferret.”

Both girls giggled, and then Ginny said, “Wait – Draco? I thought you were talking about Lucius!”

Hermione stared at her red haired friend, furrowing her eyebrows in. “That’s illegal,” she pointed out. “And totally not a common plotline.”

“Anyway, we’re getting off-topic.”

“Yes, the readers need to see your shocked and angry response to knowing you have to seduce Malfoy. You have to get defensive, so that later on we can’t point out you’re only defensive because you don’t want to admit that you love him.”

“Good point,” said Ginny, nodding.

Hermione nodded, too. “So do you want to try that again?”

“Yes, please.”

“Ginny, you have to seduce… please, don’t be mad at me, it wasn’t my idea… Draco Malfoy,” said Hermione, flinching as if she expected Ginny to explode (and I say this literally. She actually thought there would be no more Ginny Weasley. You know, like, BAM!Explosions? There would be bright red fireworks).

“What? You mean Voldemort wasn’t mad at him for not killing Dumbledore?” exclaimed Ginny.

“Of course not,” sighed Hermione, “How else could we come up with a clever, yet slightly ridiculous plotline?”

“Oh, no!” groaned Ginny, dropped down in a nearby chair. “I can’t! I hate him! He was mean to my brother!”

Hermione rolled her eyes, “Like you care that much about Ron?”

“You’re right, I don’t,” said Ginny with a shrug, “But Malfoy has done loads of terrible things!”

“Like?”

“Calling you a – a – you know! Letting Death Eaters into the school! Trying to kill Dumbledore! Umm… yeah, that’s all I have.”

“Only three things? Good, that’ll be less work for you later when you have to defend him,” pointed out Hermione.

And suddenly Ginny understood the plot. She was going to seduce and somehow fall in love with Draco Malfoy. That’s why she was over Harry – because she had to fall in love with her family’s arch-enemy. And then Harry would find someone else to be his girlfriend, and Harry and Ginny would remain friends, because Harry would help her prove Malfoy’s innocence. After she showed the world that he was good on the inside, they would live happily ever after.

Except that it wasn’t going to be that easy, of course. There would be conflict in the middle. Nevertheless, Ginny was excited for this plot coming up. It was going to be fun.
This story archived at http://www.dracoandginny.com/viewstory.php?sid=4418