I’ve Found Out the Baby’s Secret

(Author’s Note: Here’s another long one for you guys. I hope you enjoy it.

I’m sorry about the prose repeated in the dialogue last chapter during Hermione and Ron’s conversation. I have my sister read the chapters before I send it in to my beta, and she thought that it would be funny for me to do the repeating. It was supposed to be comical, but obviously it wasn’t. Or at least most of you didn’t take it that way. As for last chapter’s arguments being “uncompelling”, I hope I did much better with this chapter’s argument(s).)

Hermione vainly tried to stop Ron as he ripped through the halls.

“Ron, please. I really don’t think this is the way you should handle this.”

“Where is he?” Ron growled as if Hermione had said nothing at all.

“Shouldn’t we talk to Ginny about this?” Hermione pleaded. Merlin only knew how Ginny would react if Ron did anything stupid.

Suddenly, Ron froze. His halt caught Hermione off guard, and she had barely stopped herself from walking right into Ron’s back.

Hermione closed her eyes. This could mean only one thing. Ron must have found Mal-

Before Hermione finished her train of thought, Ron had begun to stalk forward. By the time Hermione had realized what was going on Ron had already had someone by the neck and up against a wall. Hermione ran up beside Ron. She sighed in relief as she saw who Ron had pinned. Gregory Goyle.

“Where is Malfoy?” Ron demanded in a deathly quiet tone.

Goyle was silent.

Ron banged Goyle’s head against the stone wall and raised him higher. “I said, where is Malfoy?”

Goyle again said nothing.

Hermione looked around. Ron had attracted quite a crowd.

“Ron, we should go. I don’t think he’s going to say anything,” Hermione whispered to Ron as she tugged his arm lightly.

Ron slowly set Goyle back on his feet. “Tell Malfoy to keep his hands off what doesn’t belong to him,” Ron said before releasing Goyle’s neck.

*****

Oliver was sitting in the Common Room reading a quidditch magazine, when Harry walked through the portrait hole.

“How’s it going Harry?” Wood asked in a happy tone. Oliver had been sitting alone for hours, and was glad to finally have some company.

By the look in Harry’s eyes, Wood could tell all was not well.

“I really don’t want to talk about it, Wood,” Harry’s voice sounded hopeless.

Wood nodded. He sensed that Harry needed to be alone, so he decided to go up to his room. “See you at dinner, Harry.”

Harry plopped down onto one of the couches.

*****

“Ron, where are we going?” Hermione asked as she tried to catch up to Ron.

“To Gryffindor Tower,” Ron answered flatly.

“Oh, thank Merlin. I’m sure Ginny will have a good explanation.” Hermione said thoughtfully.

“What are you talking about, Hermione?” Ron asked, slightly tilting his head to look at his girlfriend.

“Well, that’s what you’re going to do, right? Talk to Ginny about this,” Hermione asked uncertainly.

“Oh, sure,” At Ron’s words Hermione sighed in relief. “After I owl my brothers and beat that Malfoy bugger’s head in, of course.”

*****

Ginny walked into the room. He was already waiting for her. He was seated on the green couch, under Slytherin’s portrait. As she made her way to the couch opposite his, he couldn’t take his eyes off her.

When she reached the burgundy couch, she turned to face him and sat down slowly. When her bum reached the cushion, she crossed her legs seductively and laid back into the couch. She rested her hands in her lap.

“So, how was practice?” He asked her, his desire for her evident in his eyes.

Ginny looked down as she remembered the events that took place during practice.

He sensed that something was wrong. “Did something happen?”

Ginny looked up and smiled, “No, I’m just sad to say that I’m going to have to humiliate you and your teammates tomorrow.”

At this he smirked and rose from his seat. “Is that so?” He began to walk toward her.

Ginny smiled and nodded slowly. When he reached her, he bent down his head. There noses were barely touching.

“Are you sure about that, Red?” He asked with a glint in his eyes.

“Very much so,” She whispered back seductively.

“We’ll see about that,” He smirked and captured her lips for a deep kiss.

*****

Harry sat staring into the fire in deep thought, when the entrance to the portrait whole slammed open. He turned to see Ron stalk into the tower and Hermione follow closely behind him. Harry could sense Ron’s fury and Hermione’s hopelessness and frustration.

“Ron, think about this. Think about Ginny. What do you think she’s going to do when she finds out that her brothers are orchestrating to kill her boyfriend?!”

“Boyfriend?” Harry whispered in disbelief.

Ron turned around to face Hermione. “Well, it’s not like she shouldn’t be expecting it! She knows how much I despise him. She knows how much dad despises his father. And dad doesn’t hate anyone. He made fun of my mum in fifth year, and did he get punished for it? NO! Instead, Harry and the twins got banned from quidditch. Ginny isn’t stupid. She knew what she was getting into by seeing a Malfoy! She knew that I would be angry. She knew that my brothers would be angry, and she definitely knew my parents would be angry.”

“That’s still no excu-”

Hermione was cut off by Ron abruptly turning and stalking up the boys’ staircase.

She sighed in defeat and walked over to a couch. Uncharacteristically, she plopped down and slouched deep into the cushiony comfort.

It wasn’t until she heard someone whisper “Malfoy” in disbelief that she looked up and noticed Harry. Hermione groaned. How in the world was she going to explain this to Harry?

Up in the Seventh Year Boys’ Dormitories a quill was scribbling the same message onto a different piece of parchment for the fourth time.

Brothers,

I’ve found out the Baby’s secret. Our dear sister seems to be seeing a Slytherin. Meet me in the Common Room at dinner. I’m sure the twins know a way to sneak in.

Ron

Ron had already addressed one of the messages to the twins, another to Bill, one to Charlie, and this last one was meant for Percy.

Ron sealed the last piece of parchment and picked up the others. He stood and checked the time. It was a quarter past five. Dinner was at seven. Ron quickly decided that an hour and forty five minutes should be enough. He then ran out of the room and made his way to the owlry.

*****

Hermione looked worriedly at Harry as he picked at his food. It was dinner and both Ron and Ginny were absent from the hall. Hermione couldn’t help but notice that Malfoy was no where to be found as well. After Ron had come running down the boys’ stairs and out of the tower, Hermione had told Harry what she had learned about Ginny. At first he reacted much like Ron had. First he was in denial, and then he became furious. Predicting that this would happen, Hermione was prepared.

“They must really care about each other to risk everything they have by being together, don’t you think?” She had said. “Ginny loves her family way too much to ever hurt them, so you know that she must have a really good reason as to why she is seeing Malfoy. And Malfoy, if, well when, his parents find out, they’ll probably disown him. Thus, leaving him with nothing. No money, no home, not a thing. Even his name would be tarnished.”

Hermione knew that what she said to Harry must have really hurt him. But she had to say it, because it was most likely true. It was bad enough Ginny would have six brothers to contend with, the last thing she needed was a broken hearted, jealous, supposed brother on her back as well. Besides, the earlier she told him, the more time he would have to get over it.

Hermione’s head shot up as she suddenly realized something. Gryffindor had a quidditch match the next day. She closed her eyes and prayed that whatever happened today, wouldn’t affect their chances of winning tomorrow.

*****

Up in Gryffindor Tower, all six of the Weasley boys were sitting around the fire.

They had arrived about an hour and a half after the owls were sent, and weren’t happy to say the least. When they were all seated, Ron had filled them in on what he had learned.

“How could Ginny do such a thing?” Percy had asked, shocked.

“I have no idea,” Ron shook his bowed head.

“He’s probably got her brainwashed or something,” Fred put in.

“Yeah, or maybe he’s holding something over her,” offered George.

At George’s words Ron’s head snapped up. Charlie, Bill, and Percy noticed this.

“What’s wrong, Ron?” The three asked in unison.

“Hermione. She had thought the exact same thing on our first night back.”

“What?” This time all five of his brothers asked.

“During the Beginning of Term Feast, something happened, and I heard Hermione say something about Ginny and Malfoy.” Ron slouched and buried his face into his hands. “How could I have been so stupid? The signs were right fucking there.”

“Don’t be so hard on yourself, Ron,” said Charlie. “None of us would have guessed this.”

“Charlie’s right,” Bill nodded. “Look, dinner is almost over. When Ginny comes back, we’ll talk to her about this.”

Just as Bill finished his sentence, the door to the portrait whole slowly opened. Six heads turned toward the entrance.

Ginny Weasley came walking into the Common Room humming a tune. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the six heads of red hair staring straight at her.

“Hello, Ginny,” Fred said with a clearly fake smile.

“Hi,” Ginny said apprehensively.

“So, how’s our dear sister doing?” George said with just an equally fake smile as his twin.

“What are you all doing here?” Ginny asked suspiciously.

“Can’t we visit our two youngest siblings, just because?” Charlie asked with way too much cheer.

At the mentioning of her youngest brother, Ginny turned her head and locked eyes with Ron.

“Hello, Ginny,” Ron said dryly.

“Did you bring them here?” Ginny asked flatly.

“Yes, I did.”

“Why?”

“Ginny, you know who Pansy Parkinson is, right?” Ron asked rising from his chair.

“Of course I do.”

“You don’t like her do you?”

“Well of course I don’t. Ron, cut the crap already. Why did you bring them here?”

“You don’t like her because she has given you, our family, and the rest of Gryffindor hell, right?” Ron went on as if Ginny had said nothing.

“Ron, I don’t understand, what are you-” Ron cut her off.

“Well what if I told you I was dating her?”

“What?” Ginny spluttered taken aback. When she regained her composure she said to no one in particular, “You’ve got to be kidding.”

She looked up at Ron, “What the hell are you thinking? What about Herm-”

Ron looked Ginny in the eyes and said, “You tell me.”

“W-what?” Ginny stuttered in confusion.

“We know that you’re seeing Malfoy, Ginny,” Charlie stood from his seat to stand at Ron’s side.

“Wait, so you’re not seeing Parkinson?” Ginny directed to Ron. At her brothers’ looks she sighed and asked, “How’d you all find out? Do mum and dad know as well?”

“Ginny what in the bloody hell are you thinking? You know what sort of people the Malfoys are.” George stood.

“Draco’s different,” Ginny stated, looking toward Bill.

“Don’t even try to feed us that crap, Ginny,” Fred stood by his twin.

“Have you forgotten about your first year? What the boy’s father did to you?” Percy stood next to the twins.

“He had nothing to do with that!” Ginny yelled, again in her eldest brother’s direction.

“You can’t honestly believe that?” Ron shouted.

Charlie moved to kneel in front of his sister and took her hands in his, “Ginny, I understand that you must really care for Malfoy, otherwise you wouldn’t risk hurting your family like this. But don’t you see? He’s only using you.”

“What!” Ginny yelled appalled as she ripped her hands out of her brother’s.

Charlie remained kneeling and pleaded up into his sister’s eyes, “You-Know- Who has something big planned. Everyone knows that. And Malfoy’s dad was You-Know-Who’s right hand. It’s only fitting that Malfoy picks up where his dad left off. How do you know he’s not just using you to move his way up within You-Know-Who’s ranks?”

Tears were beginning to form in Ginny’s eyes. “He’d never do that. I can’t believe you’d suggest such a thing.”

“Don’t be so naïve Ginny. You’re the baby sister of the Great Harry Potter’s best friend. You’re the baby girl of the closest thing to a family Harry’s ever had. You’re the perfect bait. Don’t you see!?” Percy yelled.

“No. You don’t even know him,” Ginny was on the brink of tears.

“We know him enough, to keep you away from him,” Charlie said softly.

“You can’t keep me from him. He’ll find a way to get to me.”

“Not if we can help it,” the twins declared in unison.

Ginny turned to address Bill. “He’s nothing like his father. Nothing,” tears were now flowing freely down Ginny’s cheeks. “I love him.”

“Bull-” Ron was cut of by his eldest brother.

“Shut it, Ron. Can’t you see Ginny’s in love.” Bill stood and walked toward his sister. “Are you sure about him, Gin?”

Ginny nodded, “Very.”

The twins, Percy, Ron, and Charlie all stared at Bill as if he was sprouting wart covered wings. He couldn’t be approving of this.

“I will not stand for this, Bill. What are mum and dad going to say?” yelled Percy indignantly.

Bill ignored Percy. “Are you sure, Ginny? He can really hurt you, us, our cause.”

Bill’s brothers looked on shocked.

Bill went to kneel in front of Ginny, so Charlie moved away.

“Bill you can’t be serious?” Spluttered Charlie.

“I can’t say I approve of this Gin. But if it’s what makes you happy-”

Ron took an angry step forward. “Look, I don’t know about you Bill, but if you continue to see Malfoy, Ginny, then,” Ron paused and looked around at his other brothers, “I’ll no longer call you my sister.”

At this Ginny snapped her head up and Bill whipped his head around to stare at Ron.

Percy, the twins, and Charlie moved to Ron’s side. They all took one look at each other and Charlie stepped forward. “I hate to have it come to this Gin, but we’re with Ron on this.”

Bill looked back to his sister.

Her face was filled with hopelessness, confusion, and hurt.

“Ginny, don-” Bill was cut off by a wave of Ginny’s hand.

“No, Bill. I don’t want to hear it.” Ginny looked up at the rest of her brothers. She was surprisingly calm and the tears had stopped flowing. “If that’s the way you feel, then fine. I’ll stop. You know I’d rather die than lose my family. But do know that I will never look at you five the same way again.”

The Weasley boys could only stare in silence at their sister.

Just as Ginny finished, the entrance to the portrait hole swung open, and waves of Gryffindors began to file into the Tower.

(A/N: Review!)
Leave a Review