(A/N: This chapter has actually been written for a couple of days now, but my grandma died this past Saturday (9/11) so I couldn't send it in. From here on out, this story is dedicated to her. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the story.)

Same Boat

The first thing Hermione saw was Ron swinging his right arm. "Ron!" She had expected to see a purple faced Draco. What she saw was Ginny's body hit the ground. Hermione skidded to a halt beside a frozen Harry. "What did you do?" she whispered.

Ron gave no answer. He stood motionless where he was, staring at his unconscious sister.

Draco fell to his knees beside Ginny to examine her body. When he was sure that she had only been knocked unconscious, he stood, anger coursing through his body. Draco drew his wand, turned to face Ron, and sent him flying. Draco then proceeded to throw hex after hex at the boy Ginny called her brother. By the time Draco had stopped, Ron's face was flashing all the colours of the rainbow in a nice rotation. Ron's left arm lay boneless at his side, there were burnt holes scattered all over his robes, and boils were beginning to rise all over his skin. Draco could and would have thrown a lot more dangerous and darker hexes at Ron, but didn't for Ginny's sake.

The crowd from the pitch halted as they descended upon the scene.

Michael Corner fought his way through the crowd. The first thing he saw was Ginny lying on the ground. He tore toward her to make sure she was okay. Michael looked up and saw Draco gripping his wand fiercely in his right hand. Ron was now sitting on the ground, still motionless and staring at Ginny.

"What bloody happened?" When he got no answer, Michael stood and yelled to the crowd, "Someone get Pomfrey."

"He hit her," said Seamus in a subdued voice.

"What?" said Michael turning to look at Seamus, "Who hit who?"

"I hit her," Michael whipped around his head toward Ron.

"You what?" asked Michael, genuinely believing he heard wrong.

"He hit her," spat Draco, whose body shook from the urge to put Ron under the Crutacius Curse. "He hit his own bloody sister."

It was like a chaotic tennis match. The crowd turned their heads in synchronization as each person spoke.

"G-ginny? Ginny?" Ron began to crawl toward his sister. Draco's eyes followed his every movement. When Ron had reached her he gently brushed away flakes of snow that had fallen onto her face. "Ginny?"

There was a loud shuffling of feet, as a path was cleared through the crowd of students as Professor Snape made his way toward the centre of the crowd. When he finally reached the centre, he stopped to take in the scene before him. He raised a single greasy brow and drawled softly, "Well, now. What do we have here?"

Everything was silent except for the occasional rustling of robes.

Snape looked around at the crowd, "All of you. Back to the castle."

Without another word everyone, but Michael, Dean, Seamus, Draco, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the Gryffindor chasers, began to make their way to the castle.

The Slytherin upperclassmen, who by that time had gathered in the crowd directly behind Draco, were the last to leave.

"Please make way," said Madam Pomfrey, as she hurriedly made her way through the castle bound students. The school nurse halted at the sight of Snape. "Severus, I was informed by a student that--Oh, my!" Pomfrey gasped at the sight of Ginny on the ground, a hint of purple beginning to stain the girl's porcelain skin. Pomfrey shooed Michael and Ron away to kneel beside the red haired girl. "What happened?" She yelled as she examined Ginny's body for further damages. When no one answered her, Pomfrey looked up at the students that stood before her.

"Well? What happened?" scoffed Snape, looking around at the students, as well. Again, there was only silence. Growing impatient, Snape turned toward the head girl and barked, "Granger, what happened?"

"A-all I saw was Ron throwing a punch at Malfoy. But when I arrived, it was Ginny who was knocked out, Sir," There was a pause before Hermione answered rather softly.

"W-what in the heavens--Mister Malfoy what did you do to Mister Weasley?" gasped Madam Pomfrey indignantly when she finally took notice of Ron and Draco.

Again, Madam Pomfrey received only silence as her answer. After a loud huff, she stood, conjured up two stretchers, and laid Ginny onto one of them. "Mister Weasley, please get onto the stretcher," Pomfrey addressed Ron. When Ron made no move, Pomfrey took it upon herself to float Ron onto the stretcher. As she did so, Ron did nothing to protest.

"I am sure you will be able to take care of this, Professor," Pomfrey gestured toward the other students as she addressed Snape.

Snape gave a curt nod, and the school nurse immediately headed for the infirmary, both stretchers floating behind her while she muttered huffily under her breath about the carelessness of today's youth.

"While I highly doubt that there is a legitimate explanation as to why both Weasleys are now on their way to the infirmary, I am afraid I must go against my better judgement and ask you all to amuse me," drawled Snape as he folded his arms in front of his chest.

"Weasley hit his sister," Draco forced himself to say calmly.

"Miss Granger has already informed me of that, Mister Malfoy," said Snape. The Potions Master eyed Draco's wand, which he was still grasping fiercely. "I am assuming that Mister Weasley's beautiful display of rainbow coloured boils was a gift, courtesy of you."

"I could have done much worse, Professor, and you know it," said Draco, making eye contact with his mentor.

"Of course, you could have. You were, after all, trained by the best, right Malfoy?" spat one of the chasers.

"I am tired of this. What, exactly do you have against him, anyway?" the other chaser asked her team mate.

"Oh, stop acting like some...some-"

"Some one who doesn't judge others," Michael cut her (anti-DG) off.

"And what is there to judge?" Seamus looked at Corner as if he were crazy. "He's a bloody fucking Malfoy."

"And?" asked his team mate (pro-DG).

"And-"

"Why were you yelling at her?" Seamus hushed he heard Harry threw the question at Draco. Harry's voice held an shielded angry tone.

Draco looked up at him, his face expressionless. "It is nothing of your concern, Potter."

"It damn, well is," Harry yelled angrily. "I've been going behind my best friend's back to help the girl that rejected me. And to do what? To help her get some alone time with the boy she rejected me for, the boy who is third on my all time hate list. You!" Harry was breathing heavily from his rant.

"Harry," Harry turned to look at Dean, "I heard the whole thing, and it wasn't anything to worry about."

"Now, as entertaining as this little spat has afforded me," sarcasm was dripping from Snape's words, "I am afraid that I have better things to do." Snape uncrossed his arms. "Seeing as the only punishable students of this spectacle are Mister Malfoy and Mister Weasley, I will have to ask all of you to return to the castle."

When no one moved, Snape barked, "Now." The eight students silently began to make their way toward the castle. Just as Draco was about to turn around and follow behind everyone in a safe distance, Snape rose his voice, "Malfoy, I would like a word with you in my office after lunch."

Malfoy nodded once to Snape, before continuing his way to the castle.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Mrs. Weasley turned her head to look back at Malfoy Manor. Narcissa Malfoy was standing just before the gates watching her off.

Just before Molly had left the Manor, both women were less than slightly surprised that Nacissa received owl addressed from Draco, informing his mother of Ginny's acceptance to his second proposal.

Narcissa had asked her to, again, come to the Manor the following week. They would discuss wedding preparations and pick out the best options available, for Ginny to choose from.

For centuries, a spell over the Manor had been arranged so that only the family could apparate in and out of its grounds.

Molly turned to look forward again just as she stepped out of the spell's range. She had no idea of how she was going to convince her husband and her sons that the supposed love between her daughter and Draco Malfoy was actually true.

She sighed deeply as she rose her wand and dissaparated back to the Burrow.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Needing to cool down, Draco decided to skip lunch. So while Harry, Dean, Seamus, Hermione, Neville, the Gryffindor chasers, and Michael made their way to the Great Hall to join the rest of the school for lunch, Draco made his way toward the Astronomy Tower, or more precisely, the Founders' Room.

He had just entered the last corridor to the tower when he heard a slam come from the other side of one of the un-used room doors near him. He then heard, what sounded like a small whimper. A small feminine whimper. A small pleased feminine whimper.

Draco knew all to well what was happening behind that door. Sure Ginny was a virgin, but that didn't mean he was one as well.

Deciding to amuse himself a bit by scaring the living day lights out of the not so discreet couple, Draco used his sleeve to polish his prefect badge to a glaring shine before marching right up to the door and practically kicking it open.

"Hmm..." Draco hummed in thought sarcastically. He stood in the door frame as he looked at the couple fall to the floor.

To lessen her fall, the black haired boy had made sure that the blonde haired girl had landed on his chest.

"Now what have I caught thi--" Draco froze as he realized who the two people on the floor were.

At the sound of Draco's voice, the boy quickly took off his own robe to throw onto the blouse-less girl, who's blue and grey striped tie was wrapped very askew around her slender neck.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Great Hall was abuzz with the post-quidditch game spectacle. Sure, they quieted down a bit when Michael and the rest of the Gryffindors had walked into the hall, but they were still abuzz, nonetheless.

Rumours were flying about like wild fire. Ron didn't really hit Ginny, Malfoy did. Malfoy forced Ginny to take the hit for him. Ginny wasn't hit at all; she had a fainting spell. Ron hit her out of disgust when he found out that Ginny was pregnant with Malfoy's baby. The rumours went on and on.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Draco..." said the boy as he saw who had kicked the door down.

Draco abruptly turned, walked out of the door frame, and shut the door behind him. He walked to the wall opposite the room and leaned against the cold stone.

A minute later a quite dishevelled Blaise Zabini walked out of the room, followed by a just as dishevelled Luna Lovegood.

Luna was now wearing her own robe, but her tie was still visibly askew. Her swollen lips indicated that she had just been thoroughly ravished. She was running her fingers through her hair, in an attempt to bring it back from its dishevelled state. It seemed as if she didn't even notice that Draco was there. Then, as if she had just seen him walking down the street, she said in her distant voice, "Hello, Draco. Doing well, I hope," as she turned to walk away.

Blaise followed her with his eyes until she was all the way down the corridor and had already turned the corner. His robe was thrown across his shoulder. His uniform dress shirt was un-tucked, and, under his jumper, it was clear that many of his buttons had been unfastened.

When Blaise finally turned to look at Draco, Draco simply raised a very questioning eyebrow and smirked.

"Wipe that smirk off, Draco," Blaise said as he shrugged on his robe, "It's not like you don't have any secret discretions."

Draco lowered his brow, but his smirk only widened. "I never said that I didn't." Draco paused, seemingly trying to contain a chuckle. "But, honestly, Blaise. Loony Lovegood? I mean at least Ginny's a pureblood."

"Well, at least Luna isn't a peasant." Draco leaned up off the stone wall as his eyes flashed dangerously at Blaise's words. "Sorry. I didn't mean that," Blaise put his hands up and took a step back.

Draco leaned back against the wall and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "So, when did this all happen?"

Blaise put his hands in his pockets. "During Summer Holiday." At the questioning look on Draco's face, Blaise continued, "There was a banquet. My family and hers were invited. Something happened, and here we are now."

"And what about that girl. The fifth year you took to the Ball?" asked Draco.

"Let's just say that Luna and I weren't as bold as you and Weasley were."

"Well, it seems that we're in the same boat now, doesn't it," smirked Draco.

"Yeah, it does," Blaise smirked back. "Only your side of the boat seems to be attracting a few sharks," Blaise's smirk widened. "Well, actually more than a few."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In the infirmary, Ron was laying on his back in one of the beds. His head was turned to his left as he watched Ginny sleep. He still couldn't believe he had hit her. Growing up in the Weasley household, he, along with the rest of his brothers, were always told to never hit girls. The fact that he did not only hit a girl, but hit his sister, made him want to pound his own head in.

What made it worse was that Ginny had taken Malfoy's hit. He knew Ginny and Draco cared about each other. Like he had said to Harry, he wasn't completely blind. But he didn't think it was to the point where they were willing to take physical abuse for one another.

Ron sighed and closed his eyes. Whether he liked it or not, it seemed that he had to re-examine this whole Ginny-Malfoy thing. He might not like the git, but his sister obviously did.

He scrunched his eye lids closed as he felt a wave of a rather uncomfortable feeling from the potion Madam Pomfrey had made him take earlier. He looked at his boneless arm and groaned as he realized that he would soon be in a lot of pain.

Oh, how he hated, Malfoy.

(A/N: Reviews would be nice. And I would like to take this opportunity to recognize my ever so patient and beloved beta, V...)
Leave a Review