It's Compromise


She loved watching him sleep. She remembered being five years old, and so in love with Draco Malfoy. Her father always told her that she would end up with him. Malfoys and Parkinsons fit together. From the time they were six, Draco swore that he would never love. He wanted so much to please his father, and Malfoys never loved. She tried to convince him otherwise, but he wouldn't listen. The further he pushed, the futher she pulled. Some might call her clingy, but Pansy called it surviving. Draco was like air too her, and always had been.

But tonight, she was suffocating. He was so close to her, yet further than he'd ever been before. She made sure that Blaise's curse hadn't hurt him too much, and rushed him down to his dorm as soon as he was out cold. This was when Draco was at his best, she supposed. While sleeping, he was so vulenerable. No one ever saw Malfoys vulnerable, but Pansy was a privledged few. She was sure that if Draco ever found out, he'd send a Killing Curse her way. His breathing was even, and his face was without its normal sneer. His eyes were lidded, but she still knew that his dreaming was peaceful, so therefore, he was peaceful. What she didn't know was that you didn't have to spy on an unconcious Draco to see him like this. You only had to be Ginny Weasley.

Sure, Pansy knew the she Weasel had gotten to know Draco, and that was why he was so far away. Draco wasn't in love with her or Weasley, for that matter. Weasley was his life. She knew him better than anyone, but even a stranger could see the obvious. She didn't understand. Here she was, a near 18 year old, who's whole life was spent on pleasing one man. Her every day was focused on his happiness and she'd sacrificed her Slytherin soul for him. Then, Ginny Weasley comes along, throws herself in his arms, and she's the new Queen Bee. Nothing could piss Pansy off more than some silly little blood traitor trying to steal her man!

Pansy reached into her pocket and grabbed the aged letter. It was hardly readable from being read a folded so many times. She'd received it the day after they came back to Hogwarts. She opened it carefully, and reread it for the thousandth time.

To My Clever Pansy,

I have recently received some news that your father enrolled you into the Junior Death Eater meetings to prepare you for Recruiting Season. As you may already know, we send each of you out on group missions to get you into the habit of what it wil truly be like. Pansy, I have an assignment for you.

My son, Draco Malfoy, has found an interest in the youngest Weasel. I am not too pleased, as you may have guessed. What I would like you to do is rally up the following people to do my bidding. Their names are on the bottom of the page. I would appreciate it if you didn't let my son get a hold of this letter. I am under strict watch, and will not make this letter self destruct within the Hogwart's walls, so keep it where you can see it.

Signed Eloquently,

Lucius Malfoy

Blaise Zabini
Malcom Baddock
Millicent Bulstrode
Vera Vex


She wished with whatever was left of her heart that she could take it all back. But what was done was done. Lucius told the four Slytherins that Tom would take care of them in the end, and Draco was a lost cause. He was too far gone to bring back, so they took the Polyjuice and made Draco and Ginny's life a living hell. Tonight, at precisely midnight, Tom was going to make Ginny his once and for all. Tom was going to become mortal again, and Draco was going to be gone forever.

***

"Draco, please! It's almost midnight. Shouldn't we be getting back to the castle?" Ginny asked, once a running Draco had hit the edge of the Forbidden Forest. "Besides, I thought you didn't want to dirty your boots."

"You think too much, Weas-er Ginny. I'll get you back to the castle by twelve. Don't worry about it. Trust me. You do trust me, don't you?" Draco asked her.

"Of course I do. You know that. I just don't think that we should be so far away from the mask. It's just getting late, and-"

"There's something that I want you to see first," Draco said as he let go of her hand, and sped into the woods.

"Draco! Draco, get back here!" There was something very strange. She never felt this way around Draco, but tonight, he was very foreboding. She waited a few moments, and then followed him in.

***

Draco stirred underneath Pansy's wandering fingers.

"Pansy, what are you doing?! Why am I here? Where's Ginny?" Draco asked frantically, sitting straight up.

"I'm watching you sleep, it's a long story, and Ginny's with her true love," Pansy answered in monotones.

"Ginny isn't with her true love! I'm her true love!" Draco insisted.

"No, Draco. I'm your true love."

"Like Hell you are!"

Pansy was starting to get frantic. She needed to keep him away from Ginny until midnight. "Draco, there's something I need to tell you."

"Well, start talking, Parkinson," he snapped.

"It started on the second night of term..."

***

"Draaaaaco? Draaaaaaaaaco, where are you?" Ginny called out to her lost boyfriend. She couldn' find him anywhere. She'd been searching for him for nearly twenty minutes, continuing to get deeper into the forest. She was just about to turn around and head back to the party, when she saw a dark figure in the distance. "Draco?" she questioned the robed man. She cautiously crept closer to him, but noticed that he couldn't be Draco. He as too big. But if he's not Draco, then who is he? Where is Draco?

You will never see him again, Viriginia. It's the honest truth. Why do you think he's gone at this time. It's ten minutes to twelve, and your knight is no where to be found.

You're lying! He's coming! He would never leave me!


Ginny beckoned out to the cloaked man. He turned, and he realized that he wasn't Draco Malfoy, but Peter Pettigrew. She gasped, and turned to run, but strong hands held her tight. The whole area of the forest lit up, and she saw that the hands belonged to her beloved Draco Malfoy. They weren't alone. She turned her head to see a dozen Death Eaters surrounding her.

"Let me go, Draco! What are you doing?!" Ginny screamed, fighting against his grip, but it didn't falter. She saw half of the Dark Mark embedded into his otherwise flawless wrist. She gasped audibly.

"Aren't you proud, Ginny dearest? I get the other half when winter comes. That's recruiting season, by the way," he cackled into her ear.

"You lied to me! How could you?! You swore you'd always be there for me! Now, you're just going to hand me over?!" Ginny started to cry. She couldn't believe what a fool she'd been. She'd thought he was sincere, but it was obvious that she'd just been used.

"Tom is right. Malfoys are world reknowned for their charming ability. If you get nothing more out of this life, know that you should never trust a true Malfoy." He dragged her over to Wormtail. Ginny struggled, but he held fast. How will I get out of this one?!

***
"I love you, Draco. Please don't hate me," Pansy said after she'd finished her story.

"You love me, Pansy? You don't know the meaning. If you loved me, then it wouldn't matter who I was with. As long as I was happy, you should've let me be. I live for Ginny, and if you don't want me to hate you, then you will tell me exactly where she is at this second."

She'd never thought about it, but she hated it when he threatened her. Malfoys never made empty threats. There was something hidden there. She knew there was no time for him to get to her in time, so she let it slip. "Your beloved Weaslette is with Blaise and a couple dozen other Death Eaters in the Forbidden Forest. They're going to initiate her at midnight. Riddle will finally come to full power"

"WHAT?! Get out of my way! How could you let this happen, Pansy?!" Draco screeched. He jumped up, realizing that he was only in his pajama bottoms, but he didn't care in the slightest. He ran out of his dorm room, and figured he'd need the Dream Team for this to work. Voldemort and his younger self needed to die tonight, for good.

Only a couple more chapters left. In the next chapter, Draco gets a hold of Harry, but Ron and Hermione are no where to be found. Ginny gets the scared of her life, and has to make a life altering decision. Please Review...

I now have a fanfic journal. To see the newest updates, check it out.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/dracosbeauty927
Leave a Review