She Had Some Trouble With Herself


"So, Malfoy, no funny business this year! You are going to live up to your responsilbities, or-"

"Or what, Granger? You'll hit me over the head with you're tenth copy of Hogwarts: A History? Ooh, I'll make sure I behave, then. Don't want to make you make you mad, Granger. You have some nasty weapons in that bag," Draco teased, wanting very much to get to his bed. Granger just had to clarify a few things, but he should've known that that meant he'd be with her for the whole night. That was something he didn't want spread around! He'd take Crucio over any boring lecture she threw at him.

"Malfoy! I was just trying to explain that you have to pull your weight! That doesn't mean taking points from Gryffindor. It means, protect the school, first and foremost. It means-"

"It means that next year, you could replace Professor Binns! Gah, no wonder Weasley can't stand you! Do you think that I haven't heard this all-" It was his turn to be cut off.

"Ron can stand me fine! Too fine, in fact."

"I wasn't talking about that Weasley, and don't ask. It's none of your business anyway, Granger, so keep your pointy nose out of it!" Draco snapped, and walked down to the dungeons.

He thinks my nose is pointy? Hermione asked herself, feeling the perfect curve. Well, he's...too....mean! Yeah, that'll teach you! Hermione, then realized that he couldn't hear her, and she should get to her own dorm. Tomorrow, I need to study, study, study! Exams are in ten months, two weeks, four days, eight minutes, and thirty-three seconds...NO thirty... thirty! Haha!

***

Ginny, my dear, my love, my PET. I know you're not asleep! Don't try that! I'm not your mother, remember? I'm in your mind! Those fake snores can't fool me! I'm the most feared dark-

TOM! Shut it! I really don't care, and don't call me your pet!

But a pet is a word for something you control. That is what you are! I control you! And I'm hurt that you don't care what I have to say! I'm crying now! See what you've done?!

But, Tom, crying shows weakness, remember? You should know better.

But I am weak, Virginia. I need you. I NEED you, Ginny. You cannot deny me! No one will be able to save you tonight!


She tried her hardest to keep still and ward him off, but he was too strong. She felt herself rising to her feet. That was the last thing she remembered before blacking out....
***

Why are the dungeons so far away? I mean, I could be in bed right now if I was in Gryffindor! I wouldn't want to be in THERE, though. Can't see how they survive!

Draco was wandering the dark castle after his little chat with Hermione when he ran into something, or someone, rather.

"Get out of my way, you, you blood traitor!" The voice sounded feminine, but with something more sinister within.

"I am a- Weasley?" Draco said, ashtonished when he saw the young woman in the torch light all the way down here.

"Even in the dim light, I can tell that you are not a Weasley!" she said, and then he knew.

"Ginny!" he said, grabbing her shoulders. He knew enough not to shake her, for it could hurt her. "Ginny, let him go! Fight him! You've done it before, I know you have! Don't let him tell you different! He's wrong! He's-"

"Draco?"
***

Ginny! Ginny, let him go! Fight him! You've done it before, I know you have!

Don't listen to him, Gin Gin. He doesn't know what he's saying! He just wants you to let me go so you won't be protected. Listen to me-

Don't let him tell you different! He's wrong!


Ginny felt herself find courage in the unknown voice. She felt herself regain consciousness, and found herself eye-to-eye with Draco Malfoy.

"Ginny!" he said, and hugged her to him. Then, he realized what he was doing. "Um...sorry. Did he hurt you?" Draco knew it was a stupid question, but it was the first thing he could think of at the moment.

"What do you think?" Ginny asked. It was a flat and tired tone. There was no fire behind it, and that was what scared him the most.

"Sorry, stupid question. I'm just-" he was interrupted by a pronounced yawn from her. "Maybe I should get you back up to Gryffindor Tower."

She just shook her head. "I can't be up there tonight. I just have this awful feeling! Please, Draco!" she pleaded. She put her forehead on his chest, and started to sob. "Don't make me go! He's hurt me too many times!"

Draco was unfamliar with this situation. Usually, girls just wanted other things from him. They definately never wanted to be held. He was rigid at first, but then instinctively snaked his arms around her. It was then he realized she was shaking, so he wrapped his cloak around the both of them.

"How would you feel about coming back to my room?" he asked once she had calmed down. She gave him a look that said you may be the Slytherin King, but you are not going to take advantage of the situation. He, in turn, said, "Virginia Whatever-Your-Middle-Name-Is Weasley, do you honestly find me that revolting? Do you think that for one second that I would hurt you after I just saved you? Believe me, I've gotten enough favors to last me the rest of my life, and then some. I don't need anything from you. But after just having a four hour converstation with Miss Know-it-all Granger about my duties as Head Boy, I can't very well leave you out here in the hall, can I?" Draco asked.

"Elizabeth," Ginny stated simply. When Draco raised his eyebrow at her, she continued, "Elizabeth is my middle name."

He smirked at her, and led the way to his room. Virginia Elizabeth Weasley. Traditional, but beautiful all the same. Suits her. he thought. Finally, they came to his portrait entrance. "Now, Weasley, don't memorize my password. Cover your ears if you have to, because they never change it. It's the same stupid rhyme year after year, and I really don't want it out and around," Draco warned, then turned back to the huge portrait of Salazar Slytherin.

"Password,"

Draco cleared his throat,
"Oh, Hogwarts has taught me very well,
Down in these dungeons I should dwell,
Knowing I'm privileged to be the Head Boy,
Beating out Gryffindor,
And all they employ,
My room is a carvern,
My secrets held tight,
Into the darkness,
Let in no light,
So open your gates,
Welcome me in,
The Official Head Boy of Slytherin
," he finished, and Salazar moved aside to let them in.

"Good evening, Mr. Malfoy," the portrait greeted.

Ginny was enveloped in green. It was absolutely beautiful. He had a huge, four poster, king sized bed. There was a mahogany desk, and a fake window to let in some light. It was incredibly furnished with different things, but she had to remember that Malfoys only had the best. There was a huge fire going, and Ginny sudddenly didn't feel so cold anymore. Draco looked as though he was seeing it for the first time, too.

As if reading her mind, he said, "I've seen it once before, but not with all my stuff in it. It's great not to have to share a room. I'm sure next year you'll be Head Girl. From what I've heard, your chances are very high."

Ginny had already settled on one side of the bed. "Really? Did I tell you that we have some of the same classes?" she asked as Draco took off his cloak.

"But you're only a sixth year," He was now taking off his shirt.

Ginny had to gulp down the words she was about to say. Draco was gorgeous! He had a Seeker's body. It wasn't weak at all, instead well muscled without going overboard. She could hardly breathe from the sight, which was very surprising, but then he unbuckled his pants! She was deprived of a view, for he quickly slid into silk pajama bottoms, and walked over to her, smirking.

"You know, with the amount of brothers you have, you would think that you could handle a shirtless guy." He sat down next to her on the bed. He heard her audibly gulp, and he chuckled. "Do I make you uncomfortable?"

She shook her head, regained her senses, and patted on the bed next to her, "Well, I suppose you get used to seeing the same men without shirts, and to see another...well, it's a little unnerving. I'm over it now," Ginny said, as Draco flopped down on the bed next to her. "Back to what I was saying before," she turned on her side, facing him, and he mimicked her, "I'm going to be in your Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts classes. Those are the ones that I'm proficient in, and I've mastered my year already." she explained.

"Sounds good," he said as she scooted over into his arms. He wrapped one arm protectively over her. "Good night, Virginia Elizabeth Weasley."

"Sweet dreams, Draco How-Ever-Many-Middle-Names-You-Have Malfoy," Ginny returned.

"Fourty-five,"

"Maybe you could tell them to me sometime."

"I'd like that."

And so, for the first time in years, Ginny Weasley fell asleep without haunting nightmares, and Draco Malfoy fell asleep, forgetting all about the potion to keep away his demons.
Leave a Review