See Chapter One for disclaimer

**************************************************************

Katie kept close to Marcus as they made their way through the crowds outside the Snake Pit. From what Angelina and Alicia had told her the crowds were pretty standard for a Saturday night. The night club had burst onto the scene two years ago and its popularity had snowballed, quickly building a world-wide reputation as the place to be seen. Extended opening hours allowed for an international clientele and wizards would Apparate in from all over the world to party to their respective dawns. Marcus had been particularly pleased at securing the lease on the club’s current premises. The entrance to the club stood at the corner of Diagon and Knockturn Alleys, effectively straddling the boundary between respectable and forbidden. Admittedly the crowds of muggle clothes looking decidedly out of place amongst the wizarding establishments. The dress code had been one of Ginny’s ideas; purebloods got to play at something new, while muggleborns relished the chance of blending their two worlds. The decision had proved to be popular, especially when the patrons realised how far muggle clothing pushed the envelope of respectability.

Katie didn’t object when Marcus took her hand and led her past the crowd. He nodded to the bouncer who drew aside the velvet rope, and they made their way down the dark stairs. Marcus was looking forward to Katie’s reaction to the club. The creation of the Snake Pit had been a labour of love from its first inception three years ago. It had been Draco’s first year out of Hogwarts and he had been missing Ginny like crazy. He had been slowly driving Marcus crazy with his pining and in a fit of desperation Marcus had taken Draco into muggle London to distract him. It had proved to be a perfect distraction. He had been fascinated by the muggle nightclubs with their pounding music and packed dance floors. Draco had fired off an owl that night to Ginny making plans to smuggle her up to experience this phenomenon first hand. The first plans for the Snake Pit were drawn up the next weekend as the three of them crowded around a table in a late night café. They had decided on an underlying Slytherin feel to the decoration scheme with green and silver being the predominant colours. Multiple levels were installed with special sound isolating spells employed to keep the areas separate.

Marcus paused on one of the sweeping staircases to give Katie a better view of the club.

“This is magnificent, Marcus. I’ve never seen anything like it.”

“Thank you, Katie. We worked really hard to make it a success,” Marcus replied.

One of the waiting staff caught Marcus’s eye and came over to take their order.

“Do you want something to drink?” Marcus asked her politely.

Katie smiled up at him. “I’ll have whatever you’re having,” she answered recklessly.

Marcus raised his eyebrows slightly and placed their order. When the two shots of Ogden’s Reserve turned he handed one to her with a speculative grin, “Ladies first.”

Katie took up her drink and knocked it back with a slight gasp, “That certainly has a … kick to it.”

Marcus laughed and followed her lead downing his drink in a single movement.

A glimpse of red and white below them caught Katie’s eyes. In the middle of the dance floor Draco and Ginny were intertwined dancing as if they were the only people in the room. Ginny had her back to Draco with her leather clad butt grinding into him, his face was buried in her neck as they moved in unison to the music. Marcus followed the direction of her gaze. He bent his head to her ear and murmured, “They give each other a couple of hours a night just to play. No point having a dance club if you can’t enjoy it.”

“What about you, Marcus? When do you get to enjoy it?”

Marcus grinned down at her and drew her down onto the dance floor. “I’m enjoying it right now.”

They danced for a while before the waiter appeared with another two drinks. Katie looked up with an amused smile on her face. “Mr Flint, are you trying to get me drunk?” she enquired.

Marcus drew a finger down her arm and smirked, “Not at all Ms Bell. I want you in full command of your facilities tonight.”

Katie felt the slight buzz as the alcohol entered her bloodstream and pushing all responsible thoughts aside she twined her arms up around Marcus’s neck.

“Well I guess that’s all right then.”

Marcus grinned down at her putting his hands on her hips to bring her even closer. Katie felt her breathing speed up as his body began to move against hers.

*******************************************************************

Draco was sitting at his desk when Ginny entered the office. She pulled his chair out and straddled his lap. Placing kisses along the line of his jaw she murmured, “Guess what I just saw?”

Draco groaned as she nibbled at the lobe of his ear. “Hundreds of satisfied customers?”

“Something new,” she scolded. “I see that every night.”

Draco turned his head and captured her mouth, his tongue flicking at her lips.

Ginny broke the kiss reluctantly. “Hmm that feels too good. Come and see before I forget what it was I wanted to show you.”

Draco followed her over to the large window that overlooked the dance floor. “They’re over to the left,” Ginny directed him.

“My. My. Ms Bell certainly doesn’t seem to be objecting to the company.”

“No, indeed she does not.” Ginny laughed, “If Marcus got any closer he’d be wearing her.”

“Now it doesn’t seem fair that he has all the fun now does it?” Draco asked huskily moving back to the desk chair.

Ginny giggled, sweeping aside the parchments on the desk

*******************************************************************

Marcus felt Katie stiffen in his arms and followed her gaze to a couple dancing near to them. A voluptuous brunette was draped around one of the French International players. He wasn’t sure what it was about the couple that was upsetting Katie but decided to get her away from them. Marcus angled his head so his mouth brushed Katie’s ear.

“Do you want to see some more of the club?” he murmured.

Katie looked at him in gratitude and nodded her assent. Marcus again took her hand as he led them away from the dance floor and through a silver inlaid door by the stairs. The noise of the dance floor abruptly disappeared as the customised charms around the door frame activated, blocking the music from the dance floor. Dark green couches were scattered around the room while high backed booths hugged the walls.

Katie grinned, “This is what I imagined the Slytherin common room to look like.”

“Pretty close, but this is a lot warmer and less damp.”

They settled into a booth in the corner and Marcus activated the privacy charm enabling them to talk without any risk of eavesdroppers. Katie had moved to sit beside him without thinking. She was so used to cuddling with Oliver on the couch that she hadn’t thought before nestling in beside Marcus. She started to sit up when she realised what she was doing but Marcus draped an arm around her shoulder holding her close. Katie relaxed against him enjoying the warmth under her cheek.

After a few minutes of silence, Marcus ventured, “Do you want to tell me what upset you on the dance floor?”

Katie tilted her head up at him and smiled. “Not upset, so much as caught me off guard. Did you see the couple near us?” she asked.

Marcus nodded his assent. “The French Quidditch player and bimbo?” Suddenly the pieces fell into place. “Etienne?”

“Yes. I did a spot of emotional time travelling there for a moment. But I’m fine now.”

Marcus brushed a tendril of hair behind her ear, his fingers lingering. “Are you sure?”

“I’m sure,” she promised.

“Do you still love him?” Marcus found himself asking.

“No, and I haven’t for a long time.” Katie smiled gently. “He was just very good at making me doubt myself. Seeing him unexpectedly brought it all back.”

Marcus brushed the back of his hand across her cheek. “One can only suppose that he has been hit by one too many Bludgers in his career,” Marcus mused, a thoughtful expression on his face.

Katie started laughing, Marcus’s tone jolting her out of her funk. “What on earth are you going on about Marcus?”

“Well brain damage is the only excuse I can come up with for letting you go.”

“His loss,” Katie giggled.

Marcus moved his shoulder slightly so he could tilt her face up to his. He brushed his lips across hers gently. “My gain?” he questioned.

“Your gain,” Katie replied before deepening the kiss.

******************************************************************

Katie stared at herself in the mirror in the ladies’ bathroom as she cast a refreshing charm over her makeup and hair. Even Raye’s talent at makeup charms needed a little help after the heat of the dance floor. Blue eyes stared back at her as she tried to make up her mind. Her intention at the start of the evening was clear: come, have a good time, and excuse herself before leaving at a reasonable hour. Now after several heated kisses with Marcus both on and off the dance floor she had to admit to herself that she had changed her mind. She wanted to go soon but she didn’t want to go home alone. Unfortunately her experiences as the seducer were pretty much non existent. Etienne had been the pursuer and she the very naïve prey. Now, when she wanted to be all assertive and grab Marcus by the front of his shirt and drag him home she wasn’t entirely sure how to go about it. Katie grinned to herself. Although she was pretty sure he would get the message if she actually tried that. Squaring her shoulders she exited the bathroom and went to rejoin Marcus.

Marcus had been waiting impatiently for Katie to return. He was fighting a losing battle with himself. After preaching to himself to take this slow, her reaction to his kisses was playing havoc with his good intentions. He wanted nothing more than to drag her off somewhere, get naked and then stay that way for a very long time. Katie suddenly appeared at his side and pushing all good intentions aside he drew her closer for a drugging kiss.

Katie moaned into his mouth. “We should probably stop this before someone lodges a complaint with management,” she managed.

“Marcus grinned, “I can guarantee management won’t be sympathetic to the complaint.” He moved his lips to her neck; seeking and finding the spot between her neck and shoulder that had Katie’s legs buckling slightly. Supporting the bulk of her weight against his arm he spoke into her ear, “I take you point, however. Do you want to go somewhere slightly more private?” Say yes, say yes he repeated silently.

Katie dropped her eyes and bit her lip slightly. “Yes.”

Marcus tried not to sag in relief. “Hold on tight,” he ordered gently before Apparating them to his library. He moved until he was sitting in the same couch they had been in the night before. Katie straddled his legs as she wrapped her arms around Marcus’s neck to tangle his hair. Marcus grinned in appreciation as this new position pushed the leather of her skirt even higher. He traced the lines of her thighs until his fingers skimmed the very tops of her legs. Katie shifted restlessly in anticipation. A deep ache had started between her legs and she unconsciously rubbed against the hardness below her.

Pushing herself back from his chest Katie sat back on Marcus’s legs, his hands moving to her hips in support. With an expression of deep concentration on her face she unbuttoned his shirt pushing it off his shoulders. As she traced the outline of his tattoo Marcus promised, “I’ll tell you about it later.” Once he had helped her divest him of his shirt he turned his attention to Katie’s top. Hooking his hands in the hem he pulled it over her head leaving her breasts bare to his sight and very quickly, his touch.

Katie began to hum in appreciation as Marcus lavished attention on her breasts. Her hands were in constant motion, alternatively clutching him closer and tracing lines on his shoulders and back. She clutched at him as he abruptly stood up, teetering slightly on her unsteady legs. Marcus moved his hands around to the back of her waist and pulled down the zipper. He gently guided the leather skirt over her legs and down to the floor. Standing in strappy heels and only wearing a pair of tiny black underwear Katie fought to keep upright as Marcus kissed his way back up her body. He pressed his lips to the black lace and murmured, “Soon.”

As Marcus stood up Katie tugged at his belt. “One of us is overdressed for the occasion,” she scolded.

Marcus obligingly toed off his shoes as she went to work on the buckle. When she had unfastened it he kicked off his trousers.

“Much better,” she breathed, running her hands over his body in admiration.

Marcus swung Katie up into his arms, laughing at her shriek of surprise. “I never did give you a proper tour of the house. How about we start in the bedroom and work our way around from there?”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” Katie agreed, twining her arms around his neck.

End Chapter 4
Leave a Review