Disclaimer: I do not own, and never will own, anything of J.K. Rowling including her furniture, her characters, and etc.

Touch of your Fangs by ako Kanmu
Chapter 1



The sun was shining brightly and its bright rays gently brushed against the windows and bricks of Hogwarts. It was the warmest day that they would receive for quite a period of time. It was the middle of October and the warmth that summer had brought was gradually deteriorating. A day such as this should have been taken to its advantage. It was all that the students attending Hogwarts hoped for. Instead, they spent the warm day inside listening to worn-out professors educate them on topics that they would forget the next day.

Draco Malfoy was only one of the students who was practically falling asleep in his seat.

Draco brushed his silvery blond hair out of his face only for it to fall back into his face and block his sight. It was already difficult to pay attention as he was eagerly looking forward to breathe in the warm air outside. Now he had his hair refusing to stay in its place. He would have groaned but Malfoys simply did not groan.

‘That won’t do,’ he thought, ‘I’ll have to get an appointment to get my hair trimmed.’

He found his life rather contradicting. He despised being a Malfoy and yet he continued to act just as society viewed Malfoys to be. He is a Malfoy and therefore, he is the best and deserves the best. He trimmed his hair at an exquisite French salon when he could wave his wand and obtain the same result. Malfoys never did anything for themselves. No, they had to have everything done for them. Never did they have to lift a finger unless absolutely necessary. Lazy is what Malfoys were.

‘Money causes people to be lazy,’ was Draco’s conclusion to his mental conversation with himself.

Finding it hard to hold in his complaints, he sighed loudly causing the class to look at him with raised eyebrows.

“Mr. Malfoy, I would appreciate it if you would sigh quietly to yourself if you are going to do so. You have caused me to forget what I was saying. Ten points from Slytherin.”

Professor McGonagall had become strangely moody since the beginning of the year. She, like Snape, took points off of the House that she disliked the most, which happened to be Slytherin.
Draco scowled causing McGonagall to remove another ten points.

Many of the students reasoned that McGonagall had met a man or a woman during the summer and had fallen hopelessly in love. Afterwards, she had become heartbroken and now become cold-hearted, especially to the Slytherins. Others alleged that McGonagall had fallen for Snape, which proved her sudden dislike for Slytherins.

Draco had his own theory though. He thought that McGonagall was going through menopause and was depressed because she was single. He kept this to himself for he had never been one to spread rumours because he found them highly annoying to listen to.

Finally, class ended but not before Draco had successfully ridden Slytherin of 50 points.

Making his way to the dungeons for Potions class, Draco glanced over to Harry Potter and frowned when he saw the golden trio laughing about someone that they called a blond maggot. The ugly redhead was laughing the loudest. He then saw the smallest Weasley, whose name he recalled to be as Ginevra. He watched and listened to their conversation eagerly as to find more subjects to taunt them with.

--

Ginny rolled her eyes and glared at her brother.

“Shut it, Ron. It’s not that funny. Snape does it to you all the time and all you do is bloody complain about it.”

“That’s different, Gin, I don’t deserve it. Malfoy does.” Ron fought back.

“No, he doesn’t. McGonagall is being as unreasonable to him as Snape is to you.” Ginny stood with one hand on her hip and the other pointing judgementally at her brother, “You don’t like it when Malfoy laughs at you, so stop laughing at him.”

“Well Malfoy doesn’t like it when we laugh at him so he should stop laughing at us.”

Ron grinned at Harry and Hermione, whom nodded their heads in agreement.

“Don’t you agree, Gin?” Hermione asked.

Ginny narrowed her eyes at Hermione and stated firmly, “No Hermione, I don’t. I think that you three are being totally unreasonable.”

Draco looked intently at Ginny. She, unlike her bulky brothers, did not have tomato red hair. Instead she had a dark burgundy. Her ringlets of hair flowed mid-way down her back and caressed her school robes. Her intense brown eyes made a shiver run down Draco’s back. Never had he seen as powerful eyes as hers. Light freckles were sparsely sprinkled across her face. She was not the most beautiful girl that Draco had ever seen. Nevertheless, she was more than decent looking, not that he would ever admit that out loud.

Draco chose at this point to interrupt their argument.

“Weasel, if you would excuse me, I think I can fight my own battles.” Draco smirked as Ginny’s cheeks reddened.

“Why so happy, Weasley? Did Potter finally give you the shag that you’ve been waiting for all these years?”

Ron, after finding no other way to defend himself, used his fists to display his anger. He tried to punch Draco, but missed as Draco had moved out of the way. Hermione restrained Harry, whom was ready to join in on the fight, by whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

Ginny starred at Draco. She was glad that Ron missed. Noticing the Ginny’s eyes on him, Draco smirked at Ron and winked at Ginny. Ginny quickly relocated her eyes from Draco.

“A bit slow, Weasley. No wonder you’re our King.”

Ron growled in fury and threw another punch at Draco. His fist impacted against Draco’s cheek. Ginny pulled Ron easily away from Draco as Ron was getting ready to aim another blow at Draco.

Draco was surprised that Ron could punch so hard but he did not let it show.

“Was that a punch because I almost mistook it for tap.”

Draco eyed Ron with distaste.

“Do you fancy me, Weasley? Proving my point isn’t going to get me to like you back.”

Satisfied at seeing Ron growl out in anger, he laughed rudely and loudly as he walked away from them.

Ginny glared at his back as numerous feelings of anger and passion flowed through her body.
-----

It seemed as though a thousand years had passed, but it had only been a few hours. Classes ended unhurriedly and dinner was welcomed by all.
Draco was nearing the Great Hall for dinner when a commanding force pushed him into a wall.

“You, Draco Malfoy, are an idiot!” yelled Ginny angrily, “You were only provoking him to smash your arrogant face into a million pieces.”

Her face was extremely close to his and her finger pointed accusingly at him. There was barely two inches separating them. A fiery, passionate anger burned in her eyes.
Draco could feel her mint-flavoured breath brush against his nose and his cheeks.

Ginny’s eyes widened when she felt his breathe tickle her ear.

He whispered into her ear, “Why are you so angry, Weaslette? I know you fancy me. Did you think that I would not notice you starring at me and defending me in front of the noble trio?”

Draco was pushed back into the wall.

“I don’t fancy you!” Ginny whispered angrily back afraid that someone would overhear them talking.

“Then explain exactly why you were starring at me and defending me. Why would a Weasley defend a Malfoy?” His voice was deep and sexy.

'Why must his voice sound like that,’ she thought, trying to ignore the fact that she was slightly turned on by it.

“I felt sorry for you!” Ginny said as she struggled to defend herself. She felt oddly uncomfortable around him; she shouldn’t have confronted him.

“You felt sorry for me for the past year and a half? Do you think I’m stupid! Don’t even try to lie!” Draco bellowed loudly, “No Weasley would feel sorry for a Malfoy.”

“I did feel sorry for you! But-” Her cheeks were pink from her bursting anger, “now I realise that you don’t deserve to have someone to feel sorry for you!”

Relieved that she had an excuse to turn away, Ginny turned around abruptly and stalked off to the direction of the Great Hall.

Draco brushed his robes off as if he had dirt on him. The world stood still for him as he starred at the retreating back of the livid Weasley.
Leave a Review