Chapter Three
Draco sat in the meeting room the Death Eaters had used, thinking. Ginny Weasley, with no memory, sat in his second bedroom. Crying, she had blamed him and his father for what happened. Crack.
“Master Draco, Master Lucius wishes you come to dinner. He sent Nellie with specific directions not to leave until Master joins the dinner table.”
Wrinkling his nose Draco glared at the house elf. Nellie scooted back toward the wall but did not leave. Draco heaved a sigh. He grumbled all the way to the dining hall, Nellie in tow. As he walked in he bowed as he had when mocking his father. Draco walked to his seat, but heard his father make an obvious, “Ahem.”
Sighing again, Draco looked to his mother. “I am sorry to keep the lady of the house waiting. I apologize for my absence, but I was otherwise detained. Father, my apologies.” Without waiting for approval Draco plopped into his chair.
“Draco, what exactly did you do with Miss Weasley?” his father asked suddenly.
“She’s in my second bedroom,” Draco responded as he poked the game hen with his fork. “What exactly am I supposed to do with her?”
“Lucius what is all this?” Narcissa asked.
“Just a prisoner that needs some recuperation. You understand darling.” It was not a question, but a command. “Make sure she eats something. We need her to stay healthy. Give her some clothing and keep her in the room.”
“But what am I supposed to tell her.”
“That, Draco, is not my concern. Eat your food.”
Draco looked at his mother; she was downcast and picking at her food in the same manner as Draco. The rest of dinner was silent.

“Nellie,” Draco called sternly from the hall off the dining area. “Nellie! Damnable maggot, where are you?”
“Master Draco, Nellie is here sir. What may Nellie do for Master?”
“First, you come immediately when I call you. Secondly, take a plate of food to my second bedroom right away and give it to the woman. Be kind to her Nellie. She has had a rough day.”
After retiring from the dining area Draco headed to his study. Mind working furiously, Draco thought he figured out the perfect story. Recently he read of a wizard who used his powers to become an expert thief. He decided to apply this story to Ginny and create a past for her.
The door to his second room creaked as he opened it slowly. He didn’t want to frighten Ginny any more. His room was a complete disaster. Clothes had been strewn the entire length of the room, and there was a heap lying in the middle of his bed covered in dirt and muck…dirt and muck on his down comforter and silk sheets.
“What in the bloody fucking hell do you think you’re doing?”

~~~

Ginny did not like being told to stay. She was a witch, not a dog. Defiantly, Ginny moved around the room. She looked through drawers and closets. Maybe food had been stashed in a nook or cranny. The bed looked very comfortable, but the rumbling in her stomach would not allow her to sleep.
Ginny slumped down to the floor. No food or drink could be found anywhere, and Draco had not returned. A million questions flooded her mind: How long will I be stuck here? Are they going to just let me starve? What did I do to make them curse me? Is anyone even looking for me? Do I have any family? If only asking the questions could bring the answers. Crack.
A small creature in a pillowcase with a bobble nose and humungous eyes looked at Ginny from across the room. The creature smiled weakly at Ginny, but Ginny was not looking at the creature. Nellie jumped back as Ginny dived for the tray.
“Nel…Nellie has brought food for Miss. Master Draco demands, so Nellie obeys. Would Miss like Nellie to bring her tea?”
“Yes…please,” Ginny said, wiping the grease from the hen off her mouth. The food seemed to disappear too fast, but Ginny was comfortably full. Contentment flowed over her as she sipped on the tea that Nellie had brought. Her eyes began to droop, so Ginny lied down on the soft squishy bed. Before she could even say Merlin she fell into a deep slumber.

~~

“What in the bloody fucking hell do you think you’re doing?” Draco roared at Ginny. “My bed—you’re filthy!”
Ginny rubbed her eyes. “I’m sorry! Don’t yell at me. You left me here to rot. I was tired…”
“Fine, just…ugh. Here…take this robe and go in there,” he pointed toward the bathroom. “Take a shower and I’ll try and find you some clothes.”
“Then are you going to tell me what is going on?” she asked.
“Yes…just go.” Draco watched as Ginny trudged through the doorway, glaring at him over her shoulder. He looked around his room shaking his head in disgust. Pointing his redwood wand at his bed he said, “Scourgify.” He repeated the spell many times to assure himself it was clean. Pulling out some of his old spell books Draco began to look for a spell to track Ginny with. He found one in a book from Knockturn Alley called “Captors and Cages.” He began reading the instructions, but decided to wait until later because he heard the water turn off.
“Nellie! Nel—”
“Nellie is here, Master.”
“Pick up this mess,” Draco commanded. He jumped onto the bed and started reading through a journal from school. He began laughing at some of the things he used to think about Pansy, but his thoughts were interrupted by a feminine cough.
“Draco…did you find me any clothes?” she asked feebly. The sight of her standing in front of him in his own silk robe made his breath stop. It was adorable how the sleeves fell shortly past her elbow and how she had to hold the top closed with her small hand.
After gazing at her for a little while Draco looked around the room. He grabbed one of the white collared dress shirts from a corner that Nellie hadn’t picked up. “Here, put this on” he snapped, his mouth partially dry. He watched Ginny’s hips sway as she walked back into the bathroom. When the door clicked Draco shook any thoughts of being attracted to Ginny out of his head.
“Nellie is finished cleaning up the clothes, Master Draco. Does Master wish Nellie to put away Master’s books?”
“No, Nellie, you are excused.” Draco put away his many books and mentally prepared for his conversation with Ginny. He only hoped that Ginny would not remain at the Manor too long.
“Okay, I’m here and I’m clean. So…”
“So…what?” he asked in a bored voice.
Ginny walked in and sat cross-legged against the wall far away from Draco. He could see the inside of her thigh and blushed. “Why am I here?” she asked.
“Oh…well…” Draco took a stood up. He began pacing…he never paced. “My father and I…we caught you on our land. You were trying to get away with a load of jewels, potions, and ancient scrolls.”
“But…I wouldn’t steal—”
“Oh, but you did,” he hissed, regaining his cold stature. “We caught you running through the garden.”
“Stealing…”
“Yes.” Draco became worried that Ginny’s conscious may not let her swallow this untruth. “When we caught up, you fell over the ledge in the rose garden. You hit your head.” He watched Ginny closely. The smallest flicker of fear crossed over her face, then concern. Draco couldn’t help smirking. “I can only assume that is why you lost your memory,” he added coldly.
“But, what about this Potter?”
Draco had been ready for this: “He is an expert in a thieving association that has been troubling wealthy wizards around Europe.”
Ginny became lost again. Shaking, she asked, “But how do you know who I am? Where is my family? Who—”
“I know you from school,” Draco said offhandedly. “I do not know about your bloody family,” he snapped, thinking of all the redheaded creations that were Ginny’s brothers.
“Who am I?” she whispered.
Draco put his head in his hand. “Look, that is not my concern. We must keep you here until the Aurors come to get you,” he said, and it wasn’t completely a lie. Ginny nodded, but Draco could tell that her mind wandered.
Draco locked her exit door with Alohamora. Then he walked past her and stopped. He grabbed her firmly by the arm, and then he plucked one of her hairs. Without further discussion, he left through the bathroom and into his own bedroom. After fidgeting in his room he decided the study would be a better place to work on a tracking spell.
“Nellie!”
“Master Draco?” Draco jumped. It was if she had been waiting around the corner for him.
“Bring me some fire whiskey in my study.”
“Nellie will do, Master.”
In the wee morning hours, eight empty liquor glasses drained, Draco had finally finished the tracking spell. He put is wand in his palm and said, “Traciusss.” The wand spun in his hand and pointed the direction opposite Draco’s bedrooms. “Dam’ble hell!” he screamed in drunken frustration. “I did ev’ry bloody…step!” Suddenly a thought hit Draco like a ton of bricks. He had locked her outside door, but none of the bathroom doors, and not his own. “Aw…ssshit.” Draco took another shot of fire whiskey.
Leave a Review