Chapter Four
Ginny turned the handle slowly and pushed on the door. A blonde haired woman stood in white satin nightgown.
“Ahhh!!! Who are you? What are you doing in my room?” Narcissa Malfoy shrieked.
“I…I’m Ginny. I just want to find my way out. Where can I leave?”
“Well, not through here!” she yelled indignantly.
A tall, masculine figure in a black robe with gleaming blonde hair came through a door on the other side of the room. “Cissa, what is all this racket? How am I supposed to get any—” the man sneered at Ginny. “Well, if it isn’t our little guest.”
Ginny’s eyes grew as wide as galleons as she turned to run out. Crash. Ginny went flying over the small house elf. A tea tray clattered to the ground. Narcissa’s disgusted sigh could be heard as Lucius “tsk”ed. Ginny pulled down on the white shirt she had been wearing as she stood. Nellie shook herself, and then immediately started cleaning up the mess. “Bad Nellie,” she whispered over and over.
There was suddenly a firm grip on Ginny’s upper arm. Lucius still stood on the other side of the room, which could only mean…
“There ya’ are,” Draco slurred. Ginny tried pulling away. His breath smelled so strongly of alcohol she gagged. The pull of her arm made Draco have to grab the doorframe for balance.
“Oh, for Merlin’s sake Draco! How much have you had?” asked Lucius.
Draco tried to stare down his father, but Lucius seemed to be moving. “Not that…much,” he lied.
“Lucius, why is there a strange woman—”
“Enough questions, ‘Cissa,” Lucius growled. He noticed his temper seemed to frighten the young woman. “Draco, Miss Weasley,” he sneered the last name, “If you would follow me please.” Lucius turned to look toward Narcissa. “I need a few old outfits and some undergarments for our visitor. Find them,” he ordered. Narcissa stood huffing, but decided she best do as her husband commands.

Draco and Lucius were holding Ginny’s arms as they traveled quickly down the hall. Draco seemed to be using her more as a support of balance. Lucius drug her along as he berated his son. “I swear you get more reckless by the day. Do you not care what happens to our family? Do you realize what would happen if she got free?”
“Yesssfather,” Draco’s grip tightened on Ginny’s arm. “My deepest regrets.”
Lucius opened Draco’s second bedroom door and threw Ginny inside. He cornered his son. “I am sick of your carelessness.” Lucius drew out his wand, and he smiled when Draco cringed. Lucius stood back. “Vertigo Siempra,” he hissed. Draco lurched forward. “That will teach you to drink.” With that Lucius threw Draco into his second bedroom and locked the door. He then traveled around and down the hallway to lock the door to Draco’s main room. Lucius couldn’t help but smirk as he heard Draco retch.

Ginny stood nervously against the far wall as Draco rushed into the bathroom. She cringed as she heard retching. Five minutes and ten dry heaves later Draco came out, pale and sweaty.
“You,” he said, throat hoarse.
“What?”
“I told you to stay here.”
“Are you really naïve enough to think I would just sit here and wait to be prosecuted?” Ginny questioned.
“I…why can’t you just be happy here? We serve you fine dining and give you exquisite quarters—”
“A fancy prison cell, nothing more.”
Draco’s head pounded and his stomach tied itself in knots. He walked up to Ginny, his eyes boring into her. Draco spoke in a low, mean tone. “Where exactly were you planning to go? You don’t know anyone; you don’t even know yourself. You have no family, and no one even misses you.”
Smack. Draco’s head flung sideways. Awed, he stared at Ginny. She sniffled and said, “Don’t assume I share your fate just because your family doesn’t care for you!” Ginny turned and tried to walk away, but Draco grabbed her wrist.
“Grow up, Ginny.” Silence filled the room as Ginny cried. Draco did not really regret his rudeness, but when he saw the pain on Ginny’s face he felt responsible, guilty. Malfoys were not supposed to care about anyone. Ginny pushed him away.
“Goodnight,” she spat, trying to seem mature. Un-tucking the silk sheets Ginny crawled in bed. She curled under the blankets with her back facing Draco.
“Why do you hate me so much?” he asked, not really knowing why he cared. Draco was surprised that she replied.
“You hurt without regret. Who could ever do anything BUT hate you? And you know parts to my past, and you’re not sharing it.” She sniffled again.
“Did you ever think you might be better off not knowing?” he asked, clearly flustered. Draco could hear her light breathing, but she said nothing more. He almost spoke again, but his stomach churned and he ran into the bathroom.
The night consisted of many trips back and forth to the bathroom for Draco. He thought, at one point, he managed to fall asleep leaning on the toilet. Bright sunshine filled the room. Properly motivated, Draco threw off the covers, got up, and closed the curtains. He had just gotten comfortable when he heard a crack.
“Master Draco, Master Lucius told Nellie to find Master Draco for breakfast.”
“Not today, Nellie. I’m ill.”
“Master Lucius insists. Nellie knows Master Draco has a guest.”
“Ugh, Nellie just—”
“You would think,” sneered a familiar voice, “that my star student would have the brains to make himself an antidote so he did not keep his Godfather waiting.”
“Uncle Severus!”
Leave a Review