Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Eleven
Friends

A/N: Just wanted to thank everyone who reviews, luff you all!
Now I'll let you read, do enjoy!
Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the HP universe or Phantom of the Opera. This is simply a crossover.

During the night Draco had made a decision. A stupid, very un-Slytherin decision. He would tell Ginny that she was his best…no that was to say too much, that she was his friend. Because he had gotten some weird and totally new (to him) feeling that it was unfair that he knew that she actually liked him and she didn’t know that it was mutual.

Damn, Weasley! I’m growing soft on her! The curse had lost most of its animosity and, even if he hated to admit it, he was irritable because he was afraid. Never had he surrendered to another person so totally as he was about to do.

Suddenly he spotted her dark red hair in the crowd of students on their way to breakfast. Without giving it more thought he called, “Weasel!”

She turned and faced him, seemed to gather strength and said rather meekly, “Yes, Malferret?”

He glanced around and noticed that some curious onlookers were already eyeing them, probably hoping for a duel. So he just motioned for her to follow, with her face blank she did so.

He closed the door after her and had to put his hands on the back of a chair so he wouldn’t fidget. Merlin, where was the world heading? Malfoys never fidget; they never felt the urge to do so. He took a deep breath and began.

“Weasley…About what you said yesterday…” Ginny seemed to withdrawal, as if preparing for a blow. “I…I just wanted you to know that I think I see you as a friend too.” He finished in a hurry and mentally scolded himself. He sounded nervous. Ginny looked up from the floor with a sunny smile on her lips, a bright light in her eyes. He felt that he could tell her that she was his friend again, again and again if she only smiled at him like that one more time.

Eww, Malfoy that sounded brain-dead and incredibly ridiculous!

“Why did you tell me?” She asked her eyes wide.

“Do I have to embarrass myself even more? Is it not enough for you that I did?” He snapped.

“Draco you don’t have to be embarrassed in front of me, I’m your friend!” She said gently.

“Well, I don’t know a bloody thing about being friends so how could I know? This must be the official 'Humiliate Malfoy Day'!”

“I’ll teach you. Now I have to run or I’ll be late and Snape will kill me. See you tonight!” With that she was gone and suddenly the room felt darker. And since when did I start to feel things I wonder? Draco thought to himself. The answer came immediately, ‘since you got to know Ginevra Weasley.’ That name appeared far too often in his mind for his liking.

That night they were rehearsing the masquerade scene and everyone was excited about Chanté’s announcement earlier that night. The next rehearsal the orchestra would come! Until now they had only had the piano.

Ginny was dancing with Harry. Or rather stumbling around aimlessly, Harry was a disaster on the dance floor. When they had tried four times to do what they were supposed to with no success Draco interrupted.

“This doesn’t work! Potter dances like a rake.” Chanté scolded him for expressing himself so pungently before telling him to “teach the boy then”. Chanté who usually was very patient with the spoiled Malfoy heir, gave him one of her infamous dressing-downs.

With a shrug he went over to where Harry and Ginny stood.

“Dancing, Potter, is like flying. You need grace, balance and the right amount of speed.” Here Harry could have snidely said something along the lines of “Malfoy who couldn’t fly shouldn’t talk and so on.” But the two boys had matured far too much in these latest years.

“The steps are not important, you don’t need to think about it. It is the woman’s job to follow you. ” Here Draco nodded to Geoffrey (the pianist) and put one hand on Ginny’s waist and one in her hand as he swept her away.

There was no doubt that he had danced before, as he easily spun around in a waltz as he kept his eyes trained on Harry.

“You only have to feel the rhythm and follow it.”

Ginny was in some sort of heaven, a man who could dance! And well. No, extremely well. His hands were dry and warm, his steps without hesitation and his grip on her was firm and safe.

She suddenly noticed how very close they were to each other. She felt his strong shoulder beneath the fabric of his shirt, his chest pressed against hers. She almost forgot to breathe. As she looked up she met his eyes and the world disappeared. This seemed to happen any time she looked into the silver orbs. His steps were growing harder to follow and she enjoyed the challenge, neither of them noticing the “ooohs” and “aaahs” from the onlookers, only seeing each other.

To their disappointment the music ended and Draco turned once again towards Harry, his hand lingering a moment longer than necessary on her waist.

“Do you get it?” Harry nodded and watched Ginny, who stood staring dreamily off into space.

The next try went much better. Harry may not be a terrific dancer but who could become one over a night?
Leave a Review