Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Twelve
Realizations


A/N: Hello! Now we've reached chapter twelve of my little story which I am very glad that you enjoyed :D I just checked the reads and saw that more than 100 people have read every chapter! I'm overwhelmed, guys! Now all of you can keep going and read this installation. Thanks a million to everyone who reviewed!

Weeks flew by in a happy dream for Ginny. Rehearsing was fun. She and Draco met almost every day in the ballroom. There was nothing that made Ginny happier than their meetings. The only problem was Harry. She had understood when she danced with Draco that Harry was not what she wanted. She didn’t know what she wanted but it was not her sweet boyfriend. But how could she tell the already depressed boy? She shrugged the problem off for the moment and concentrated on her role.

She and Draco had fallen into a nice routine; they pretended to everyone that they were still mortal enemies. As often as possible they “argued”. Which meant a loud nasty comment followed by a whisper like, “See you tonight” or in Draco’s case “you hit your tone wrong” or whatever they had on their minds.

They had practiced being friends, literally. Ginny had found that she more than liked his company. She enjoyed it.
For the moment she was sitting half watching the people on stage. They rehearsed the opening scene as she was memorising lines. She already knew them since she and Draco had exercised them last week but Chanté had told her to do so…

‘How very many times a day I think about Draco’ she thought, in the middle of a sentence in the script. She looked up at the subject of her reflections. He was in a chair to her sitting a bit in front of her, which allowed her to study his profile. His sharp lines were illuminated by the sunlight, his hair looking like a shining halo…

My Angel...

Suddenly realising that she was thinking of Draco Malfoy as beautiful she snapped out of her daydreaming. As if he felt her movement he looked up.

Draco felt that someone was watching him and looked up, expecting to see a scared first year eyeing him carefully or a girl who was drooling over him in some corner. It wasn’t. His eyes looked straight into Ginny’s. Her expression was dreamy and there was a light in her eyes he had never seen and a streak of pain deep in the brown orbs. Taken by surprise by the tender look on her face, he just stared at her. His heart started to beat faster and he felt a sudden urge to reach out for her and have her tell him what was wrong.

Damn it, couldn’t she leave him alone for one moment, he thought uncontrollably. It wasn’t that she looked at him often or talked to him but she was always on his mind. Her laugh, the way she moved, what she had said, it was in his thoughts every single moment.

Ginny was the first to break the eye contact and with furiously burning cheeks she looked down to her script again.

That night Ginny arrived a bit late to the ballroom and found Draco playing the piano. Her favourite song rang throughout the room.

“Hi”, she said when he had finished.

“Are we going to have a friendship lesson today?” he said with a raised eyebrow. She knew that secretly he liked them but he would never admit it.

“Right!” She said spryly and desperately tried to come up with something. “Yeah…eh, let’s say that I have tripped, then you help me up.” As the actress she was she pretended to slip and end up on the floor. She closed her eyes as in pain and waited for the helping hand.

But it never came; instead she was lifted off the floor. In panic she threw her arms around his neck and came a lot closer to him than she actually needed. She felt Draco’s heart beat close to hers with heavy, slow thumps. His hand on her back was sending tiny electrical shocks through her body and she leaned even closer, enjoying the sensation. Her arms tightening around his neck, she pressed herself against him.

Ginny tried not to analyze all the wonderful emotions that raged inside her. He sighed and she suddenly understood what she was doing. She looked up into his eyes as her own widened and she slid out of his grip. Once again she ran from him.

Draco didn’t know what possessed him to lift her up, he just didn’t want to see her on the floor. He realised when he had her so close that it had been a mistake. Sensations he had never experienced hit him hard and very unwelcome thoughts swirled in his brain. She pressed herself closer to him and all he could think to do was kiss her senseless. He sighed lightly at the thought and it seemed to break the illusion. Her eyes widened and she ran. Again.

Ginny had never run so fast in her whole life. She stopped in the Entrance Hall, leaning her hot face against the cool stonewall. She swore under her breath and cursed this day. The day she had realised that she was in love with Draco Malfoy.

He should have seen it coming. He should have chased her away after she had gotten to know who she was. Hell, he should never have gotten to know her in the first place. Then he would not be in this situation now. He wouldn’t be in love with Ginny Weasley.

A/N2: So? Don't hesitate to tell me what you thought!
Leave a Review