Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Fourteen

Christmas

A/N: Beware of fluffiness and an extreme amount of notes. I'm so happt to hear your thoughts about every chapter, keep it up!
Disclaimer: I do not own anything blonging to the Potterverse or Phantom of the Opera.

Draco received an owl at breakfast and he didn’t recognize it. Cautiously he took off the tiny scroll of parchment from the owl’s leg, you never knew what you got in the post as a Slytherin. Blaise Zabini had gotten a letter full of “Hair Growing” potion and had spent a week in the hospital wing.

Draco snickered at the memory of the handsome wizard covered from head to toe in four feet of hair.
He saw the handwriting and recognized the tiny leaning writing as Ginny’s. He rose from the table and went out of the hall, reading the note and hated the feeling of disappointment that rushed through him.

Won’t come tonight, have to pack. I’m leaving for Christmas. Happy holidays and Merry Christmas!
Your best friend,
Ginny

He was staying. His mother would visit some friends over the holiday and he didn’t feel like going. Now he wouldn’t see Ginny for two weeks...

Ginny woke up on Christmas Day when Ron ran, or more like scrambled, down the stairs. She moaned and then realized which day it was and made her way to the living room as well. Harry was spending the holiday with them but Ginny ignored him.

Her father was already sitting in his chair ready to begin.

“Everyone here? Then lets see...Here is one for Ron.” The opening of presents took a while, considering the size of the family.

“I think that was all...No wait here is a tiny one...It just says ‘Ginevra’ on it. No sender.” Arthur handed his daughter the package and saw her flushed cheeks and sparkling eyes. He didn’t doubt that she knew who had sent it, and according to her face it was someone special.

“Aren’t you going to open it?” Bill asked, knowing perfectly well she wouldn’t.

“Nah, I think I’ll save it for later. So the fun lasts longer.” She picked up all her gifts and hurriedly returned to her room. As soon as she had closed her door she started to open the tiny package in glittering paper. The pretty paper fell off and revealed a silver box. It was small enough to fit on her palm and was a delicate piece of art. She opened the lid and suddenly music started to play. It was “Music of the Night”, her favourite song in the play.

Something was engraved on the lid “Please promise me, that sometimes, you will think of me”- DM. It was so simply beautiful and romantic that she almost cried. There was a note inside and it read, Sing the song. Startled, Ginny sang softly with the music box.

“Night-time sharpens, heightens each sensation. Darkness stirs and wakes imagination...” She began and saw a little drawer open inside the tiny box and something fell out of the secret compartment. She stopped singing and picked up the object. It was a necklace also in silver with a pendant, shaped as a dragon with diamond eyes. Ginny’s eyes grew wide, they were quite obviously real diamonds. Another note was attached to the jewellery. The note read: ‘So I can always be with you- he the unseen genius. Merry Christmas Ginevra Weasley!’

I didn’t know Malfoys could be that romantic, she mused and clasped the necklace around her neck, feeling as though she could hug the whole world. She felt invincible today. She danced around her bed and when she reached the mirror, suddenly stopped dead. Draco had bought her the most beautiful and most considerate present ever, and what had she given him...

Draco awoke slowly and blinked. It was Christmas Day today...I wonder if Ginny liked her gift? He had had a lot of trouble deciding if he was going to send it or not. At the moment, it felt like an incredibly stupid and soppy present.

Growling with frustration he started to make his way through the large pile of presents.

He saved Ginny’s gift to open last. It was about the size of a pocketbook and was wrapped in brown paper. He tugged it open and found a framed picture of Ginny. She was in the ballroom smiling at him. A letter followed and he read, ‘I didn’t know what to give you, you who already have everything you could possibly ask for. But then I remembered that you said before that you did not have any friends. So I thought that I could give you one. She can listen when I’m not with you as now. Er...that sounds very silly now when I see it on paper but I don’t have time to buy you anything now. I hope you’ll forgive me, I’ll find out something better next Christmas.
Love,
Ginny’

He was positive that it was the most considerate gift he had ever received. He looked down on the smiling girl and couldn’t help smiling back. He put the frame on his bedside table since none of his roommates were there. A muggle song Ginny had sung for him years ago suddenly appeared in his head.

“All I want for Christmas is you...” He sang before entering into the bathroom, ignoring the mirror that was making vomiting sounds.

A/N2: Am I the only one who finds it hilariuos that Draco Malfoy sings that song? I laugh every time I see this chapter...

“Please promise me that sometimes you will think of me” – “Think of Me”, Phantom of the Opera

I sort of re-arranged the line “Somehow I know he's always with me, he - the unseen genius” to fit in. From “Angel of Music”, Phantom of the Opera

“All I want for Christmas is you” Do I need to tell that one? Hope you enjoyed.
Leave a Review