Angel of Music

By

Sannikex

Chapter Fifteen

Revenge

A/N: Hello! If you have chacked Mynuet's news section you know about the auction taking place at propheting Draco and Ginny shippers very own newspaper. I just wanted to inform you that I have also offered my services. To remind you, you can bid on an author and she/he will write YOU a story the way YOU want it. So go to http://www.livejournal.com/community/propheting/
nd bid on the authors who are far more talented than I. All the money goes to charity for the needing in New Orleans.

Ginny frowned as the Trio left her to seek a compartment. Ron had been angry with Harry for calling her a slut but as he confronted his best friend about it, he heard Harry’s version. His version, was that Ginny, had been with him only to play with his feelings, and of course to please Malfoy the Slimy Slytherin. Ron had since decided that his sister’s crime was unforgivable and left her on her own. Ginny had neither admitted to, nor refuted their suspicions. She simply ignored them.

She searched the train and finally found a compartment that was nearly empty, only Luna Lovegood occupied a seat by the window.

“Hello, Luna.” Ginny greeted her and the blonde girl looked up.

“Everyone talks about you. You and Draco Malfoy.” Ginny liked Luna, even if many found her weird; the Ravenclaw was always honest and stood up for herself.

“They do?”

“Yeah, they’re betting on if you are a couple or not.” Ginny was not surprised; this school was like all others where rumours spread like diseases.

“Really, and which side is winning?” Luna might not talk much but Ginny doubted that there was anyone at Hogwarts who knew more about the population there.

“Most people in the play are betting you are a couple. Eeveryone who’s not in the play holds against.” Great, then half of all people in school will watch me and Draco constantly, Ginny thought gloomily. “But there’s no one who thinks you will be a couple.” Luna stated and Ginny almost jumped, those dreamy eyes were sure more observant than they seemed.

Luna, by watching Ginny, had realised that Draco and Ginny were not a couple, yet. Though it was obvious that Ginny hoped they would be soon.

“I wish.” The redhead slumped in her seat, she could only accept the truth, she was in love with him. And she was a Weasley and he a Malfoy. Luna just nodded and then asked, “What is he like?”

“You know what everyone says, Luna,” Ginny said tiredly, absently fingering on the dragon pendant.

“I don’t trust other people’s judgements,” the girl answered a
tad bitterly. “And I’ve never talked to him.”

“Well...” Ginny began tentatively but soon found herself talking rapidly about all of Draco Malfoy’s qualities.

Comfortable in each other’s presence the two girls got off the train and into a thestral drawn carriage together. Ginny couldn’t see the thestrals but she had ridden one.

They parted in the Great Hall and went to their respective tables. Ginny searched for Draco and saw him sitting at the Slytherin table looking bored and superior as the dinner began.

Draco was fuming. He had thought that after the holiday a bit of the rage he held for Potter would have disappeared Now, as he saw him again he was ready to beat the crap out of him. There had been a relative calm between them since their 6th year but when Potter had called Ginny a slut he could barely contain himself from hexing him straight to hell. He, himself, had called a lot of girls sluts but no one called his girl a slut. Not that she had agreed to be his but everyone should know that you didn’t insult something that belonged to a Malfoy. But now as he faced his archenemy again, a plan of revenge took form in his brain.

He felt someone watching him and looked up. Ginny looked at him and flashed him a smile in greeting. He saw that something was glittering around her neck. She was wearing his pendant. Good, now would everyone see that she belonged to him. He offered a smirk back and she turned her attention back to her food.

He had looked up. Ginny had seen, in spite of the distance, that he was furious. She wondered what had upset him enough to show his feelings in public. She had smiled at him as if to calm him down and he had answered with a nasty smirk. What was the problem? she wondered worriedly. Well, she would ask him tonight.

Draco stood in a dark hallway a foreboding scowl on his handsome features. This was so un-Slytherin, not subtle or sneaky at all. It was so very straightforward and Gryffindor. He heard the steps he had been waiting for and slid out of the shadows and faced Harry Potter.

The Gryffindor stopped and Draco sneered at him before rapidly grabbing the stunned opponent by his collar and pressed him up the wall. Or more like slammed him into the wall and the famous wizard’s head hit the wall with a rather sickening thud. Dazed, the green eyes met the burning silver ones in question. Draco leaned closer feeling the fury rush and boil in his blood. It wrapped itself around him hiding all human barriers. No rules existed as a red-black fire raged in his mind. Years of jealousy and suffocated feelings came flooding to the surface.

In a growl that was barely human he hissed, “Hurt her again, Potter and I will kill you.” Harry’s eyes narrowed and he didn’t answer. Draco punched him, “Do you understand me?” A rivulet of clear red blood trailed down Harry’s chin from his bottom lip. Draco pressed him even harder against the stonewall and was about to hit him again. He wanted the other boy to feel all the pain he had been through, the despair he felt for not being able to make Ginny his.

“Draco!” It was Ginny’s voice, he would recognize it anywhere. “Let him go!” Let him go? Why would he do that? He wasn’t through with him yet. She ran towards them and tried to push the much stronger boy away.

“Why would I do that? He insulted you.”

“He was angry and he didn’t mean it!” Ginny didn’t want to show how frightening she found Draco; this was not the boy she knew. Suddenly Harry opened his mouth. “I did.” He croaked and the blonde slammed his head into the wall again and Harry almost passed out.

“No one speaks that way to what belongs to a Malfoy.” Draco hissed. He looked so much like his father that Ginny almost winced.

“Stop! I do not belong to you!” That made Draco turn towards her and she cringed. Suddenly his arms fell to his sides and Harry tumbled to the floor and the last blow on his head made him faint.

“Did you think I was going to hit you?” Something had disappeared from his eyes and all Ginny could see was a lost little boy instead of the monster that had stood there just a moment ago. Afraid beyond wits she managed to say, “I do not belong to you and I never will. I don’t ever want to have anything more to do with you.” With that she turned and with a wave of her wand she brought Harry with her, hanging in front of her in the air.

Draco stood and watched her retreating back, feeling empty. Whatever that could have existed between them was dead before it had even began.

A/N: So? As usual I would love to hear what you thought!
Leave a Review