Angel of Music
By
Sannikex
Chapter Seven
Scene Attires

Chanté clapped her hands and called ”Wait a moment!” Everyone stopped collecting their things and listened. “This Hogsmeade weekend I will need you all at Sawyer’s Masquerade Outfits at eleven am. We’ll try scene attires!” A loud cheer started and everybody went out, talking excitedly about the upcoming trip.

Harry hurried after Ginny and muttered rapidly something barely audible.

“What did you say?” his girlfriend said.

He took a deep breath. “Would you like to go with me to Three Broomsticks after the scene clothes thing? Like a date?” Now his pale cheeks were a deep shade of red.

“Oh, of course Harry!” Ginny said, glad that he had actually asked even if they were together.

‘This week passed extremely slowly’, Ginny thought, and when Saturday finally arrived, she was up first preparing to go to Hogsmeade.

The shop was large with many dressing rooms and hundreds of outfits lining the walls. All the students went totally crazy among the funny fineries. It took Chanté almost a whole hour to calm everyone down and create some sort of order, after she had gotten Neville out of a gorilla suit that someone had cast a sticking charm on.

Ginny found herself in a side room together with a tailor and Chanté, who had discovered that the woman was from France. They were now discussing heatedly in French, gesturing towards one part or another of Ginny’s body.

Chanté nodded at something and called with her accent suddenly very audible, “Draco!” The blond walked in and the tailor woman looked at him, mumbling to Chanté. The Slytherin smirked and said a long sentence in fluent French.

The women looked taken aback before continuing their discussion in French.

“What are they saying?” Ginny asked, impressed against her will that Malfoy spoke another language fluently.

“They are arguing about colours. Now they have decided after seeing me that white and black clothes will do best on us. With those as a base, they are now onto the smaller scenes.” He continued to translate the conversation and she was surprised that he obliged her wish so thoroughly.

Twenty minutes later the tailor and the singer had come to an understanding. The tailor drew her wand and directed threads, needles and fabrics to sweep around Ginny and Draco. In no time at all she could see herself in a whole figure mirror in a breathtaking white dress. Breathtaking in two meanings; it was breathtakingly beautiful and it hugged her waist so she could barely breath. It left her shoulders bare and the skirt was wide and flared out around her like a cloud. Tiny silver sparkles twinkled like stars all over it and she had never felt so pretty in her whole life.

A door opened and Draco stepped out behind her. She saw his reflection and lost even more of the little air she actually had. He looked devilishly handsome. His outfit on anyone else would have made her laugh; on Harry, Ron or Charlie the tight black trousers and the old fashioned white shirt would look ridiculous. But not on him, it could make any woman drool.

‘Damn Malfoys’ she thought irritably, 'did they have to look good in anything? One day I’ll make him wear pink bunny attire and then I’ll see how handsome it’s possible to look when you’re wearing long ears!'

It would never happen but the thought was comforting when you faced someone who looked like a god or something.

Their eyes met in the mirror. “You don’t look bad yourself, Weasley,” he said and smirked.

She blushed and turned her gaze away from Malfoy’s gray, intent stare. For a moment she had seen Angel and not Malfoy. ‘And what’s the difference?’ a voice in her head asked. Well, I like Angel and I don’t like Malfoy. Angel is nice and Malfoy isn’t. I could list things forever. ‘But they’re still the same person’...the voice said. No they are not! The voice fell silent and she awkwardly stared at the wall.

Harry walked into the room with the tailor at his heels. When he spotted his girlfriend, he stopped dead in his tracks, “Ginny, you look beautiful,” he said in awe.

Ginny blushed again and Draco rolled his eyes even if it was against the Malfoy dress codes. He went over to the tailor, saying something in French, sending her into fits of giggles. She put her fist into her mouth to choke the laughter.

The couple did their best to ignore them. Well, as much as they could with a hysterically laughing tailor, a smirking Malfoy and Chanté who tried to disguise her giggles as coughs behind them.

Ginny never got to know what was so funny, but when she and Harry had their date, the embarrassing moment was forgotten.
Leave a Review